Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I watched De Blasio's news conference earlier, and he was adamant about keeping NYC schools open.  They've got it far worse than Houston or Dallas.  I wonder what the reasoning is.

The 100k kids that qualify as homeless and get most of their meals through the school system is my guess. 

6 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Harris County has its first case in jail

rut roh

So....10 pages ago you stated that Harris Co Jail had a confirmed case.....yet you posted no link....and I have been searching for said link......and I asked you for a link.....still no link.....so I'm guessing your post was total BS?????

Help me out here....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Why isn't the hospital diagnosing the patients with COVID-19? They have the symptoms and they have a positive CT scan.

BTW, every post on the twitter feed was political.

They can't just officially diagnose without the actual test, I do believe. 

And didn't post every post on their twitter feed--just that one, which isn't political. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I cancelled my trip to Port A next week. When I called the homeaway people, I asked if it was too late to cancel my reservation. "Oh no, you can still cancel."

"Oh yeah? That's good."

"You can't get any of your money refunded though".

"Then why the hell would I give a shit if I can cancel or not?"

“I guess I will go ahead and come then.   I feel like shit, I’ve had this nagging cough for a week now, and a mild fever, almost like I’ve got pneumonia or something .  Maybe staying in Port A will help me feel better. “

”We will be refunding your money shortly”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They can't just officially diagnose without the actual test, I do believe. 

And didn't post every post on their twitter feed--just that one, which isn't political. 

No, your post was fine - I just went to the twitter feed without knowing (or caring) whose feed it was.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

So....10 pages ago you stated that Harris Co Jail had a confirmed case.....yet you posted no link....and I have been searching for said link......and I asked you for a link.....still no link.....so I'm guessing your post was total BS?????

Help me out here....

Close friend works for the DA

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

6.7% mortality seems kind of high.

It’s among the tested.  Not counting those mild enough to stay home.  Plus, they are turning sick people away, who might otherwise live.    That should scare the hell out of the olds though.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Have a friend that works at medical city in Dallas and he's hearing we're on the verge of a mandatory national month long shutdown, essentially what's happening in Italy right now

Never thought I'd see something like that here in the US.  It seems unfathomable.  Crazy days ahead if true.

7 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Have a friend that works at medical city in Dallas and he's hearing we're on the verge of a mandatory national month long shutdown, essentially what's happening in Italy right now

Somebody somewhere is tracking something for this to be possible with the minimal to nonexistent testing and confirmed cases. 

Glad to have lots of toilet paper

Edited by Pato del Muerto

25 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Allen, McKinney, Plano, Carrollton, Wylie ISd's closed. And this has probably been posted so...

Meanwhile, AISD just announced it’s game on with no plans to cancel.  That will change.  Probably within the hour.

Edited by BrickHorn

2 hours ago, RayDog said:

Yes, my ex has a 100.4 degree fever. I last saw her on Monday (but no boom-boom) so she had probably been infected then. She works in a bar and all her friends work  in bars so if she has the coronavirus it is already everywhere here.

She’s passed around a lot more than cv.

7 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

I mean nothing would actually surprise me if things go south quickly but anything he's "hearing" is speculation just like at any other office right now.  I don't think someone at medical city has a direct line to Trump or Pence.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away