Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Just now, VABuckeye said:

America is the most obese country I've been in.  Italy had no walkers, no wheelchairs and very few fat people.  There were people with canes but that was it.

Austria is like that too and they should all be dead by the age of 35.  They all smoke like chimneys, drink like alcoholics and eat like Americans.  It is weird they are all thin.

16 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

After trying to tell everyone over the past 3 weeks that this was coming and to prepare, ive learned two things:

1) people are clueless about the world around them

2) 99% of people over the age of 55 or 60 that ive talked to dont even believe this is even a thing or counter with “its not gonna be that bad... the media is just overblowing this.”

Fuck yes - I'm finally a 1%'er

This made my day (cuz the stock market isn't)

18 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Costco Cedar Park 30 minutes before opening, fuck this shit I went home.

c5e8d1b3063112e0b28b0c0e27494b36.jpg

Just walked in and out of the Arlans market here in Seabrook in under 10 minutes.  Still TP and bleach, but not fully stocked. Water was almost out, which still makes me laugh. Also not close to Harvey levels when there was one fucking can of “chili” left 

They walk around much more than Americans do.

Americans drive .1 miles to the store and wait 5 minutes just to park 4 spaces closer to the door. Then shop from a scooter.

Much of the rest of the world at least walks a moderate amount every day. 

Plus we put corn syrup in everything we consume. 

• Like 3

Something interesting that may come from all of this self quarantining (and something I thought about as a result of the lol thread) is that there is going to be a new generation of "boomers" in 9-11 months as a result of all the self quarantining.  There isn't much else to do other than drink and fuck.

• Like 1

Just now, Hate said:

Something interesting that may come from all of this self quarantining (and something I thought about as a result of the lol thread) is that there is going to be a new generation of "boomers" in 9-11 months as a result of all the self quarantining.  There isn't much else to do other than drink and fuck.

Yes I am investing in baby products for the coming baby boom

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

The people that waited to make supply runs are going to catch it at Costco/Sams/etc.  Buncha fat fucks going to kill each other and spread it.  

Imagine the exposure to CostCo checkout staffers.  no masks, no gloves, no hand sanitizer

Spoiler

_1485458191.gif

If at all humanly possible, stay home as much as possible for 10-14 days.  This thing multiplies so fast we'll have a better idea of where things stand.  It's about to hit us hard.

Edited by triplehorn

2 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Austria is like that too and they should all be dead by the age of 35.  They all smoke like chimneys, drink like alcoholics and eat like Americans.  It is weird they are all thin.

You might want to look into what the the food additives and preservatives that US food is Loaded with does to your body. 

that same shit is outlawed in Europe

• Like 2

Just now, Hate said:

Well, not in this household....except for the drinking.

And the latest from HEB...whew.

MARCH 13 9:53 a.m. — A statement in from H-E-B this morning after yesterday's run on grocery stores across the country:

At H-E-B we want to keep everyone updated on how we’re best serving our customers and communities. We have updated info on H-E-B Newsroom to provide up-to-date news about our business, to keep our customers and Partners informed. For the latest info, see our post here: https://newsroom.heb.com/heb-news/articles/h-e-b-is-ready-and-here-for-texas/

H-E-B has been preparing for coronavirus for several months and we are in a strong position to keep replenishing our shelves. Customers should not panic, we have the ability to restock shelves and encourage our customers to remain calm. H-E-B Partners are ready to help Texas slow the spread. 

Please continue to check back as we will regularly update news on H-E-B Newsroom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I have wondered if the, "Americans are all fat!!!" narrative was overplayed.  So I went and googled:

MW-FM801_obseit_NS_20170519065202.jpg

The narrative is not overplayed.

Fake news.  We are not all fat.  Just the overwhelming big-boned majority who claim that if they lost a single pound their respective other would send them to an oncologist.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

MARCH 13 9:53 a.m. — A statement in from H-E-B this morning after yesterday's run on grocery stores across the country:

At H-E-B we want to keep everyone updated on how we’re best serving our customers and communities. We have updated info on H-E-B Newsroom to provide up-to-date news about our business, to keep our customers and Partners informed. For the latest info, see our post here: https://newsroom.heb.com/heb-news/articles/h-e-b-is-ready-and-here-for-texas/

H-E-B has been preparing for coronavirus for several months and we are in a strong position to keep replenishing our shelves. Customers should not panic, we have the ability to restock shelves and encourage our customers to remain calm. H-E-B Partners are ready to help Texas slow the spread. 

Please continue to check back as we will regularly update news on H-E-B Newsroom.

HEB is the fucking best man. They had our back when Harvey hit us, they keep their shelves stocked in a crisis, and they're from here. 

Just now, Captainant said:

HEB is the fucking best man. They had our back when Harvey hit us, they keep their shelves stocked in a crisis, and they're from here. 

Went to the Allandale HEB at 6:30AM.  Took a long time to find a parking spot and I had to find a cart in the parking lot.

Every register was open, every register had a bagger.  Stockers were working. Produce had a full staff. They were on it. Fuck Randall's.

• Like 1

It's easy to stay on top of inventory availability when you're never open.

Edit: cue joke about something about being on top of South Austin's mom's always open inventory...

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

HEB fuckin rules. 

Take my money

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

Map on TV says 47 states plus DC now have a case.  Only exceptions were Idaho, Alabama, and West Virginia.  So I guess Montana is now fucked.

As of 15 hours ago, still no positive cases in Montana, but emergency was declared. 

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My wife is always overbought on TP. We haven’t had to go out to try to hoard - this is what we have just in our bathroom cabinet:

56ceaa2a4c57b9d1fb52110b929ac460.jpg

Posted for your amusement, because we all need a damned chuckle.

I’ll sell anyone a roll for $20.

New thread idea for F&T.  The bourbon/TP exchange thread.  We could call it the CenTex Paper Exchange.  4 grades CT Light Shit, CT Standard, CT Smooth Wipe, CT Thai Massage.  

All prices will be quoted in terms of a bottles of Weller 12, Blanton's, High West MWND, and Buffalo Trace.  

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Went to the Allandale HEB at 6:30AM.  Took a long time to find a parking spot and I had to find a cart in the parking lot.

Every register was open, every register had a bagger.  Stockers were working. Produce had a full staff. They were on it. Fuck Randall's.

HEB will be the driving force behind the spread of coronavirus here in Texas. 

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Hey hey hey!  Went to the Randall’s at Brodie and slaughter at 7:30 this morning, they actually had toilet paper.   Busiest I’ve ever seen it though, except holidays.

People who fully recover from the coronavirus can be left with '20 to 30%' less lung function, and gasping for breath when they walk quickly, Hong Kong doctors find

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-fully-recover-coronavirus-left-103917303.html

It's not really soon enough to know whether that's a long term impact or just being kind of out of shape bc the bug knocked you on your ass for a week.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

You know, I never would have predicted monkey wars to be a side effect of all this.

There are times I think we are living in the worst simulation, and there are times I think it's the best simulation.  The addition of "monkey wars" is an awesome twist I just didn't see coming.  Bravo to the programmers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away