Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Probably should obey quarantine/isolation orders 

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/violating-a-quarantine-order-could-get-you-6-months-in-jail/

As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Travis County climbs to three, the Austin-Travis County Health Authority is taking legal action against those ordered to quarantine in their homes. 

The orders are known as a control order. If the authority believes someone “is ill with, has been exposed to, or is the carrier of a communicable disease,” the authority’s Medical Director, Dr. Mark Escott, can sign an order keeping those people held inside their homes for up to 14 days.

The quarantine lengths vary and the 14 days are counted from the date the person had contact with someone who later tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a source within the Austin Health Department. 

Dr. Mark Escott is the head of the Austin-Travis County Interim Health Authority and the Medical Director of the Austin-Travis County EMS system. (Photo: City of Austin)

KXAN obtained one of Escott’s orders from someone currently under active monitoring.

Texas Health and Human Services shows three levels for patients under monitoring: active monitoring, self-monitoring and self-observation. 

The order requires someone under a quarantine order to stay inside “unless it is absolutely necessary.” The order does not detail what would allow someone to leave their home under “absolutely necessary” conditions.

The order also prohibits the person from having people over to their home “without the prior approval of Austin Public Health” and orders the person under quarantine to “avoid congregate settings such as grocery stores, movie theaters, etc.” 

A person under a health authority order is also required to give their home address to the agency. That address is also passed along to the city and county’s computer-aided dispatch system to notify first responders the person at that address is under public health monitoring. 

The order also requires the person under quarantine to record their own temperature and give that information to the authority in phone calls conducted up to two times each day during the quarantine.

I am probably going to regret asking this, but what is it with this 'seashell' reference? 
Thanks for answering questions, [mention=414]Newdoc[/mention]. Stay healthy.
About a month ago, Kroger had a big sale on pasta and I stocked up. In times of crisis, a good red sauce, spaghetti, and a bottle of wine can make the world disappear for awhile.

4703ab4434d7b30b45edeb5db0d3e44a.jpg32314714e31f3b3dd3f5114cf5951f2f.jpg
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I am probably going to regret asking this, but what is it with this 'seashell' reference? 

Thanks for answering questions, @Newdoc. Stay healthy.

About a month ago, Kroger had a big sale on pasta and I stocked up. In times of crisis, a good red sauce, spaghetti, and a bottle of wine can make the world disappear for awhile.

https://youtu.be/Mx4nJg5iFOs

I don't think the shits are advertised enough.  Some lose stools and a slight malaise is all most people will have.  So here, this post is to advertise the shits.  What a time to be alive...

Loose Stools and a Slight Malaise is my new favorite Coronvirus band name.

19 year old rookie stepping up unlike the billionaire owner.

efafb8bca7834404c1af921ea56e215b.jpg

Someone raised that kid right.

Love seeing this. I was hesitant about him succeeding in the league but he’s proving me wrong big time.

He’s a great player on the court and a better one off. I think we’ll see the star of every team in all leagues do this. If not Rudy gobert should for the bill

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

NSFW  Sandra and Sly and a few others at their prime  

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

We've heard the health system in northern Italy is severely overstretched, but what about everything else? Do grocery stores have food? Are basic utilities OK?

Let me put this in a way you might understand.  Imagine you’re a couch in Columbus, and the Bucks just took home the crystal ball.  Capisci?

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

We've heard the health system in northern Italy is severely overstretched, but what about everything else? Do grocery stores have food? Are basic utilities OK?

Let me put this in a way you might understand.  Imagine you’re a couch in Columbus, and the Bucks just took home the crystal ball.  Capisci?

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Love seeing this. I was hesitant about him succeeding in the league but he’s proving me wrong big time.

He’s a great player on the court and a better one off. I think we’ll see the star of every team in all leagues do this. If not Rudy gobert should for the bill

It should be the owners, but whatever gets the job done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Zion’s body will break down during his career. He has too big of a build at 19. 

4 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

This thread is getting hard to follow. Should we just have a COVID-19 subforum where people can create multiple threads for individual topics? I know there’s already a handful of threads across the existing boards.

We'll never hit 1000 with this kind of thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

This thread is getting hard to follow. Should we just have a COVID-19 subforum where people can create multiple threads for individual topics? I know there’s already a handful of threads across the existing boards.

Do you even Surly, bro?

• Like 1

It's a really classy move, so I don't say this to take away from Zion, but the owner should be doing it.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Since January 22nd, Surly posters have been posting case updates and totals from around the world ever single fucking day.

@GreenspointTexas is simply doing what a shitload of us have done since January 22nd.  Shit, I just posted case totals from France a few hours ago, and I didn’t see you bitching about it.  

The very first post in this thread was case updates from Wuhan, the third post about Washington State, the fourth or fifth from Hong Kong   

So if the rest of us have been posting these updates many times every single day since January 22nd, maybe you should ask yourself what’s the purpose of your post?  

Huh? His post was hysterical silliness. Because you’ve been doing something the same way for some period of time, does that make it immune to new information and therefore always correct? Or are we allowed to fucking learn and then adjust accordingly? What happened on page 1 of this thread means not a fucking thing except for fun history for the dorks who were posting then. 

But yeah, preach and moan as loudly as you can about how the country and globe needs to learn and adjust, and then talk further out of your ass here about how we should just keep doing the same thing over and over again without taking new learnings into account on this thread. Or ... fuck off with that hypocritical bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

i think this new board has a feature to view threads in a tree like structure.  might help with threads like this.  haven't checked it out.  any recs on easier or more complex to navigate.?

edit - not finding that feature anymore, possibly disabled.

Edited by Hmmm

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

From “demolition man”

Sylvester Stallone is puzzled because in the future there is no toilet paper, just 3 mysterious metal sea shells next to the toilet

2 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Can we talk about the use of wet markets or nah?

why not. first time to hear about them so not sure it this is setup for some joke.  focus seems to be on fresh meat... and perishable foods. which may have nothing to do with the market you're truly looking for.

3 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

why not. first time to hear about them so not sure it this is setup for some joke.  focus seems to be on fresh meat... and perishable foods. which may have nothing to do with the market you're truly looking for.

Oh, the meat at the wet markets is fresh.

China-Bat-Soup-1200x900-1.jpg

Edited by Deej

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Can we talk about the use of fresh meat or nah?

5 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I know, I’m worried about my supply of pangolin scales also

Steel Shank would like to have a word with the both of you.

Edited by Hmmm

No joke. Just seems as though these repeated events are coming from these types of places and since it ends up impacting the world, maybe they should control it better.

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

No joke. Just seems as though these repeated events are coming from these types of places and since it ends up impacting the world, maybe they should control it better.

gotcha.  something i haven't considered. /no sarcasm

48 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

19 year old rookie stepping up unlike the billionaire owner.

efafb8bca7834404c1af921ea56e215b.jpg

Someone raised that kid right.

Good on, Zion.  Hopefully the other Owners are joining in like Cuban and Hawks owner and covering Arena staff pay/benefits. 

Mrs. Brat is still undecided about going to 7:30am Mass on Sunday. At least they quit all that grubbing over each other and are supposedly just waving their love greetings.
However, the Austin Archdiocese Bishop said the religious education classes will resume after Spring Break. Mrs. Brat co-teaches the 1st graders on Monday afternoons. We’ll see if that guy changes his tune in the next week.
Not being a church-goer myself, she is reluctant to let me influence anything that has to do with her devout religious life.

I got lucky. My parents' church is suspending services indefinitely. My dad is having a tough talk with his workers tonight to tell them to take this seriously. My dad is 75, and I finally convinced him to be serious about it. FYI, he agrees kids are gross and are super spreaders.

5 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

watching this 800 times on repeat is gonna get me long before the coronas

If you haven't already done so, now is a good time to introduce some of the classics that have songs that become ear worms:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original with Gene Wilder)

Sound of Music

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

The Wizard of Oz (unless the flying monkeys are too scary)

Mary Poppins

Annie

Singing in the Rain

The Muppets

There are more, but for older children most likely

Thanks for the references regarding the seashells. I don't think I've ever seen that movie. My husband may have but if I walk in and he's in the middle of a movie I leave him alone--otherwise I would sit and annoy him with questions.  (like about the seashells!)

Okay, sorry for the complete movie derail--back to COVID-19. That was some stat regarding the male to female ratio. That's not a good sign.

12 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

watching this 800 times on repeat is gonna get me long before the coronas

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK.  I volunteered look after my 5 yo niece on Sunday .  Looks like I’ll be signing up for Disney+.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away