Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

So you're essential if you work at a hospital, gas station, grocery store, or work for the police military or government, work in the media, work to deliver anything, or for a restaurant, or provide service to any of the above.

It might be easier to define what isn't mission essential.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

isn’t that the percentage of confirmed cases? is it not assumed that there are many, many more unconfirmed and untested cases than confirmed?

Correct. There are also a fuck ton of unknown deaths that could be contributed to corona. A friend who is an ER doc at Herman said theyve had about a dozen patients die in the hospital since mar 1 without a cause of death they can nail down and have tested negative for corona (but had exact corona symptoms)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

A friend who is an ER doc at Herman said theyve had about a dozen patients die in the hospital since mar 1 without a cause of death they can nail down and have tested negative for corona (but had exact corona symptoms)

Corona Light?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Then it is a good idea for the grocery stores to leave their carts outside in the side to help kill the virus?

Just how long does such exposure take to be effective? Makes me wonder if playground equipment in the parks need to be cleaned?

Congrats on your wife not killing you and her not going to hell. It’s a win-win for all. 

but seriously, glad it worked out this way. 

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Still getting invites to house parties going on the St. Patrick's day weekend. None of my friends or colleagues really give a shit about this yet.

Yup. Friend wants me to go to the bars with him tonight. He’s a lawyer. Thought he’d be smarter when it came to this.

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

pretty sure this is happening. pretty sure lots of people have it and it just hasn't, or won't manifest into symptoms. i know thats been said, but i am saying it again. 

only way out of this is a complete quarantine and some element of total control to move/stop people quickly. 

1 minute ago, staboner said:

pretty sure this is happening. pretty sure lots of people have it and it just hasn't, or won't manifest into symptoms. i know thats been said, but i am saying it again. 

only way out of this is a complete quarantine and some element of total control to move/stop people quickly. 

Yep.  Or put another way...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I tried to talk to Mrs CL earlier today about not spending time with her parents. She didn't appreciate the question and was insistent that our kids are going to go visit occasionally while they are out of school the next couple of weeks. 

And in related news, our neighbors are currently having a birthday party for their daughter who just turned 5. There are at least 10 different families there right now with about 15-20 kids total. 

People just don't get it. 

What does lockdown really mean? Is Italy forcing people to stay home at the threat of arrest?  Or is lockdown the reverse  of “mandatory evacuation” which doesn’t really mean what it says. 

I think it means you’re free to move about outside for walks and whatever. Nothings open besides pharmacies and grocery stores so no place to socialize.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I think it means you’re free to move about outside for walks and whatever. Nothings open besides pharmacies and grocery stores so no place to socialize.

Public places won’t be open. But most businesses will still be up and running.

10 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I tried to talk to Mrs CL earlier today about not spending time with her parents. She didn't appreciate the question and was insistent that our kids are going to go visit occasionally while they are out of school the next couple of weeks. 

And in related news, our neighbors are currently having a birthday party for their daughter who just turned 5. There are at least 10 different families there right now with about 15-20 kids total. 

I canceled my son's 5th birthday that was going to be with family. Half of the attendees would be over 60, having multiple sets of grandparents, and one set of very mobile and capable great grandparents in their late 80's. He was bummed out, but he'd even more bummed if we were taking him to his great grandfather's funeral because we didn't cancel one birthday party. We'll do some cupcakes and his big gift tomorrow. We'll do a joint party with his little sister in June if all this blows over by then.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Correct. There are also a fuck ton of unknown deaths that could be contributed to corona. A friend who is an ER doc at Herman said theyve had about a dozen patients die in the hospital since mar 1 without a cause of death they can nail down and have tested negative for corona (but had exact corona symptoms)

Oh get the fuck out. Total bullshit. You know it’s not going to be 3.5% or anything even near that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Can confirm the idiocy on my social media feeds. Millennials (My gen) and Gen Z are being ignorant as fuck right now. 

I’ve told my 25 year old coworker if he doesn’t work from home after returning from Miami tomorrow, I’m going shoot him with .410 riot rounds 

1 minute ago, Royalfan5 said:

I’ve told my 25 year old coworker if he doesn’t work from home after returning from Miami tomorrow, I’m going shoot him with .410 riot rounds 

I have a friend (31) who is in the resort country of CO skiing. He’s from Vancouver. They already told him don’t show up for 2 weeks 

Did David Lindhagen take your manhood too? JK

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away