Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

4 minutes ago, Okie State said:
7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:
HEB putting some hard caps on a lot of items.  (Look for this coming soon among all retailers.)  Walmart now reducing their hours from 7:30 to 11.
https://newsroom.heb.com/product-purchasing-limits/
I like how HEB has limits on hand sanitizer.  Lulz.

Damn those are still pretty generous caps.

It's like they think they have that much to begin with......

4 minutes ago, Okie State said:
19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don't understand why people can't comprehend this. You wait until people are getting sick left and right and it's too late. We may already be there and don't know it yet.

We are probably already there.  We haven't had the testing capability.

Governor Polis closed all ski resorts in Colorado, essentially ending the season. That explains why Vail / Steamboat & Winter Park all closed.

It definitely sucks, but it's clearly the right thing to do. People can't be trusted to not be morons and go and be disease vectors in areas without the proper health care. 

1 hour ago, Somnio said:

Loved that era of MTV.  Tom Green, Jackass, Andy Dick?!?  The stupidity and absurdity was contained to humorous television shows, not "real life".

I have two teens, watched Jackass the movie with them this afternoon.  When the kids saw the lower res opening studio shots before the film starts they were like " is this one of your old movies with horrible special effects?"    After the opening scene and the rental car crash up derby they were laughing and like "what the hell is this?"   Me: "just wait"

i watched their reactions more than the movie....  good times!

• Like 2

Just now, TexasGolf said:

Why is it so packed ?

ORD is one of the 11 airports designated to screen incoming international passengers.

We opted to funnel them into fewer place to spread the virus easier? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I can relate to this because we have always struggled with this in the cybersecurity industry, everything is considered an act of paranoia by outsiders and the measure of a good security program is one where major breaches are avoided. So if you are doing a good job and everything is quiet people question your budget. "Nothing bad happens, why are we spending so much money on security?" On the other side, organizations that get completely owned always throw money at the problem after the horses already left the barn but they are so fucked, it will take over a year and a shit ton of money to clean the place up.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Why is it so packed ?

O'Hare sucks for international arrivals on a good day but now it's one of only 13 airports designated for international arrivals which include extra screening which is a recipe for a monumental shit show

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

ORD is one of the 11 airports designated to screen incoming international passengers.

We opted to funnel them into fewer place to spread the virus easier? 

I mean when I first read about the designated airports I thought to myself: good, they probably have those airports ready for the influx. 

Wow. Was I a dumbass. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away