Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do they understand that this virus is brutal for the typical Nashville tourist?  It hits those with diabetes, heart disease, and over the age of 65 pretty hard.  

RIP Branson

• Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Looking on the Austin reddit for info on some covid stuff, and came across this for @Armybrat

I was a student volunteer at the 1964 Texas Relays. Worked in the shot & discus weigh-in tent. Still have the T-shirt somewhere.

Drank a lot of the provided Cokes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Let me net it out.  Eugenics be damned.

My idiot mom and sister-in-law are going to hell or high water get themselves infected, mom will need icu and hardware, and even though she has the economic resources to live forever, she's going to cost me my icu bed and hardware because both she and my SIL are fucktard dipshits (explanation in tree rat forum).

The stupid are going to take hardware and beds away from those that need/deserve a better shot at them.  For no rationale reason at all.

Pics before they go?

Must read.  

Link

This paragraph is spot on. 

Unfortunately, we live in an era of people spouting opinions on social media and cable news with no knowledge of a topic. TV pundits with no knowledge of virology, public health, or pandemic history are crowding out medical experts. Twitter, which promotes shouting over listening, is also loaded with comments ignorant to the data. News networks should push aside legacy political commentators and put infectious diseases physicians on the air to warn the public about the pandemic. Now more than ever, physicians need to speak up about the pending health crisis in the U.S.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

Faire organizers hoping to give folks the full experience medieval experience.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200315/sherwood-forest-faire-remains-open-despite-coronavirus-fears

If you bring your own food, and keep your distance from others (not hard to do as long as you don’t sit in the stands), it’s probably a lot safer than your typical grocery store right now.    But if you have kids, they’re going to want to do the participation stuff.  

56 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Is there a CTJ versus Lobo (The Cruiser) and Junior Miller fight?  Will CTJ bud Syd Cart jump in for tag team support?

All I know about this tiff is The Cruiser just dropped some self-importance on us. Governor’s meeting tomorrow. I can guarantee you nobody is impressed with your not so subtle humblebrag. 

I am in utter and complete awe that you figured out after two years that my username used to be Cruiser.  I changed it after leaving both sites for several months for reasons related to a job application.  But after months of clues, you managed to piece together the most obvious case in internet history.  We are so fortunate to have you at the helm of history's greatest mysteries.  I was so careful and crafty about hiding my true identity but here you found me.  You are wise beyond your years.  I guess I'll go back and change my name back since you'v outed me.  Kudos, on using the really old version of "The Cruiser" and not just "Cruiser" because you're not into that whole brevity thing.  

I'm guessing we're a few weeks away from a repeat performance of you bringing up my real name and family info on this website.  Say what you want about you--you small, small man.  I never dreamt of mentioning your real name, job, family info, etc. on this site or the old one.  Think about that the next time you fathom asking your parents if they really ever loved you.

And texags being texags - 

Intentionally done to tank the economy. No one with power to cause fear believes this is anything other than flu-like. This was the MSM's golden egg on a platter to ruin the economy and they succeeded.

No one will ever convince me otherwise. I anticipate the usual suspects will show up here to pearl clutch and feign outrage "THATS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY YOU MONSTER!!!! YOUR GRANDMOTHER ISN'T 98 AND IMMUNO-COMPROMISED!!!!! REEEEEEEEE!"

But whatever. Anyone being honest with themselves knows this hysteria was intentional and truly shows the depravity of the left.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3100133

8 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Grab some crowlers and a couple of four packs from their cooler if you feel like thats a safe thing to do. I'm gonna swing by their place near closing and grab some to-go beers

Yeah, I got six crowlers today and plane to get more over the next couple weeks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Yes, you are correct.  And if the politicians had provided the leadership that would have forestalled the social media constructs, those of us that saw all of it coming in advance wouldn't have had to prep.

It definitely is both. Also if they had been out front and let people know that if we go full quarantine and restaurants shut down that just means to dine in traffic and not delivery and take out. I bet I'd still be able to go buy potatoes and chicken right now if people weren't scared they wouldn't have any avenue to get food. I know when I heard Chicago was allowing them to stay open it surprised me because I was thinking full closure too. 

Just an absolutely horrible job at communicating from the top down during this process. 

58 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

https://mashable.com/article/people-bars-coronavirus-social-distancing/

"I gave 4 rides tonight, all of them going to bars or clubs. After the 4th, I logged off, pulled into a parking lot, and sobbed. No one is quarantining. No one is listening. They don't know it yet, but they are killing each other. The sense of hopelessness is overwhelming."

Don’t worry. We are in the process of shutting everything down because people are dumbasses.  

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Looking for bright spots like all of us. Spending time with my kids, one of whom is in college, has and will continue to be great. I worked too much when they were younger and it’s nice to be able to spend some serious quality time with them. 

How'd the brisket turn out? Peace to you and your ladies.

Yesterday CoA announced a ban on public gatherings of 250 ppl or more to enclosure social distancing.

What did I see this afternoon at Little Longhorn Saloon? Business as usual, Chicken Shit Drunk Bingo show must go on!

Fucking idiots. Fuck all y'all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

And texags being texags - 

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3100133

So some ags chime in, including some claiming to be doctors, with reasonable, undisputed facts, including inviting the Alex Jones fans to make the rounds in ICU with them.  And they get downvoted.  

spacer.png

They have a solid vet school there. And pretty sure they teach infectious diseases in said vet school. 

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Im starting to come to the conclusion that we are living through the first modern biological warfare attack and it has all been orchestrated by China

But why would they do this to their own people?

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Im starting to come to the conclusion that we are living through the first modern biological warfare attack and it has all been orchestrated by China

Was thinking today that now would be a good time for someone to launch a cyber attack on us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

But why would they do this to their own people?

They got 1.5B of them and don't give much a shit about any of them anyway.

That said, never attribute to malice that which good old fashion stupidity will explain.

Edited by Surly Bevo

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away