Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

But why would they do this to their own people?

For cover and because they dont give a shit about them. They are an "end justifies the means" kind of country. Look, everything seemed to perfect there. It "originates" (aka they release it) in Wuhan (with raw animal market as the cover story) and they let it break out for a month and dont tell anyone about what is happening to make tracing the source as difficult as possible. They then let it break out worldwide. Awfully weird that their numbers have suddenly, magically tailed off in the most populated country in the world despite less than 1% of the population having had it. 

18 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

How'd the brisket turn out? Peace to you and your ladies.

Will be putting it on later this week and may post some pics...if it’s good. :) Appreciate you, and peace to you and yours Mr. Shank!

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It has crossed my mind it could be both. 

Russia develops bug, asks China to take one for the team early, bug spreads to Western Europe and US.  Win/win.  More to it, but that’s the basics.  I’ve also been running a fever for the last 4 days, so take that for what it’s worth.

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Was thinking today that now would be a good time for someone to launch a cyber attack on us.

Speaking of that; if any of you follow the Krebs On Security stuff, he was warning that Russians have hacked the JHU map and gotten info from it. I don’t recall all the deets, but it had to do with copying the map and inserting malware. 
I got called away so I need to go back and finish the article but it’s not surprising that people are using the hot topic to their advantage.

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

For cover and because they dont give a shit about them. They are an "end justifies the means" kind of country. Look, everything seemed to perfect there. It "originates" (aka they release it) in Wuhan (with raw animal market as the cover story) and they let it break out for a month and dont tell anyone about what is happening to make tracing the source as difficult as possible. They then let it break out worldwide. Awfully weird that their numbers have suddenly, magically tailed off in the most populated country in the world despite less than 1% of the population having had it. 

It was a bit of sarcasm, without going full Art Bell.

The wife's boss tried to pressure her to come in tomorrow.  They were on the phone for at least an hour going back and forth.  

Finally, the wife said I'm working for home and I'll be logged in at 8 Am tomorrow morning.

Apparently, some woman in her office went to Disney World this week and just got back Sunday.

My wife told her boss that you need to call the Disney woman directly and tell her not to come in but she won't do that because you know meetings and shit.

Wife told her staff what was happening and she was working from home and they need to do what they feel comfortable doing.

People care more about stupid meetings than others health and well being

43 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Don’t worry. We are in the process of shutting everything down because people are dumbasses.  

so much easier being a dumbass in a population dense city where alcohol comforts the weather

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The wife's boss tried to pressure her to come in tomorrow.  They were on the phone for at least an hour going back and forth.  

Finally, the wife said I'm working for home and I'll be logged in at 8 Am tomorrow morning.

Apparently, some woman in her office went to Disney World this week and just got back Sunday.

My wife told her boss that you need to call the Disney woman directly and tell her not to come in but she won't do that because you know meetings and shit.

Wife told her staff what was happening and she was working from home and they need to do what they feel comfortable doing.

People care more about stupid meetings than others health and well being

I'm a big fan of your wife now.  Would be bigger if you'd post pics.

16 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Apologies in advance for what my age group is about to do to some of y'all.

A lot of those 20-29 year olds were in the Jesus death cult. that is skewing their CFR results compared to other countries.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

shut down the electric grid and we are lord of the flies withing 72 hours. 

Wife has been pushing me to watch CONTAGION with her the last few days. I'd never seen it and tonight I relented. Yikes!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

so much easier being a dumbass in a population dense city where alcohol comforts the weather

My COO has a lake house at table rock lake in MO.  He said they were doing large tours on the Showboat Branson Belle with a metric shitton of olds on it.  He just watched as they went by and shook his head.  Not surprisingly many of them are not worried at all and think it's all a hoax or just a severe flu.  They gonna die in large numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

When we eventually end up under mandated quarantine with the National Guard patrolling the streets it’s gonna be because of assholes like this -

#StayTheFuckHome

I would take great pleasure in breaking up all this spring break bullshit.  Are they finally doing that?  Heard padre was still raging away. 

They finally closed schools here and stopped youth baseball. We work remote and home school so no big change, but we stopped letting our son go to baseball practice after last week. 

They’re behind, but big state with tiny population so maybe that helps. Won’t warm up for months though if that does end up helping down south. 

I’m certain most here dgas still. Will see when their tune changes.

28 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Do y'all watch Alive before you jump on an airplane too?

There are some suggestions in the alcoholic thread for good alcoholic movies to watch during all the indoor time. 

Maybe a board sociologist has a theory. I have also been thinking about watching Contagion because I've never seen it.

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/two-new-coronavirus-cases-confirmed-in-austin-travis-county-total-now-at-five/
As the number of cases grows, the city issued new guidelines that will start Monday, March 16 that include:

• All library branches will be closed
  • All non-essential Municipal Court dockets will be rescheduled
  • Austin Animal Center will be closed to the public
  • All pools, golf courses, athletic programs, recreation centers and cultural centers will be closed
  • Summer camps and spring break activities will happen Monday through Wednesday and will be suspended after that.

Dr. Brynna Connor, who has a private practice in family medicine in Lakeway, believes one of her patients was the sixth patient to test positive in Travis County. 

Connor said that this patient had traveled to New York City and that their illness appeared to be related to travel.

Just now, Updawg said:
39 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:
All bars, restaurants, nightclubs and entertainment venues in LA closed Through March 31.  Delivery only. Going to be crazy for a couple of weeks, and likely longer. Here we go.

Really?

Same with Chicago.  I think we were the second to announce after Hoboken.  NYC announced the same this evening.  I already support the shit out of local restaurants with DoorDash and plan to continue for those that stay open for delivery.  I know many of us are saving some dough by not going out so if you're in a position to do so, show some love to restaurants that are able to deliver.  

Same with Chicago.  I think we were the second to announce after Hoboken.  NYC announced the same this evening.  I already support the shit out of local restaurants with DoorDash and plan to continue for those that stay open for delivery.  I know many of us are saving some dough by not going out so if you're in a position to do so, show some love to restaurants that are able to deliver.  
Cool. My wife will love to hear that

My FB feed is 75% “the Democrats did this” and  “it’s just the flu”....   I grew up in a small town full of idiots so that’s most of them..   Asked a women I have chatted with from bumble that lives in Houston if she was ready to stay home for a couple weeks, I got “oh god you’re one of those”.    My lord people are fucking stupid.  She has a great rack but I’m starting to think it’s not worth it to play down to idiots to see them in person. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away