Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

So how long until we start seeing fake "I was just tested and am positive for CV" posts on social media?  People love some sympathy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't happening already especially with hollywood folks.  look how much press Hanks got(I'm sure he is being truthful BTW).  be interesting if someone does it, says they are self quarantining, and then gets caught walking around.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't happening already especially with hollywood folks.  look how much press Hanks got(I'm sure he is being truthful BTW).  be interesting if someone does it, says they are self quarantining, and then gets caught walking around.

It's OK. Gwyneth Paltrow is selling a cure.

8 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

So how long until we start seeing fake "I was just tested and am positive for CV" posts on social media?  People love some sympathy.

What was that fuckface @Vic Mackey used to update on?  He'll probably post that he died from CV and that he's posting from the great beyond.

25 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I dont think the safety protocols qualify as simple bureaucracy.  They are there to ensure the cure isn't worse than the disease.  It would be high irony for the formerly anti-vaxx president to rush through a vaccine that causes autism.  

I'll leave it to the experts, I'm not an expert on the FDA and their procedures. But my best guess is that you are wrong. The FDA did not design their immunization protocols with the goal of mitigating a global crisis that would entirely shut down society. Do you have any reason to believe that they did?

2 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Yes possible. We see that with almost all infectious systemic disease. Flu is good at it as well. Covid seems to cause high levels of inflammation in cardiac tissue so people with pre-existing heart disease are dying of myocardial infarction and myocarditis (heart muscle inflammation and infection). It is possible that healthy people can have the same result if cardiac inflammation is high enough.

Freaking great, I'm a goner if I get it.

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

No the other fuckface who acted like he owned the world and made millions and even did post about dying at one point.

Ah, not sure. I can't keep up with every fuckface Vic Mackey posts about. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Does anyone still have kiddos in day care? Trying to make the decision on whether to pull the cord or not. My 18 month old goes Tues-Friday, and we're trying to make a decision before tomorrow. We can make it work, but it will suck. More a matter of when than if, but another week would be really helpful as I have some meetings already scheduled (I work from home), and I can schedule around his sleep schedule going forward.

They just put new restrictions in place. Temperature testing for staff and kids, and nobody allowed inside except staff (I guess we'll drop off outside)

Listen to me. Temp scans don’t do shit, as asymptomatic carriers are contagious. Do the right thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

yeah... i'm not cheering for darwin. talked to my dad again today, it's his 72nd birthday. 

he is more annoyed than anything. said something along the lines of 'i guess the whole world is gonna shut down for the flu, ridiculous!' he at least seems to realize it's not a hoax by the media/left. though i had to literally say 'dad... do you think LITERALLY THE ENTIRE WORLD is in on a hoax?? come ON!' 

he plays drums in the church band...small NE texas town, of course they had mass yesterday. he did say they told him not to come next week bc of his age (higher risk).

so then he tells me he was feeling bad yesterday, achy, nausea...but he sleep 10 hours and now feels fine! 

my favorite line: 'meanwhile, 4500 people died from falling out of the bed last year! good grief!'

he's on 50 acres by himself (well, him and his cows and 5 dogs lol) and he's got a freezer full of meat and fish. he's a country boy and can take care of himself, his only health issue is a-fib and he's got plenty of his meds. he did take notice when i told him NOT to take ibuprofen or aspirin if he feels like he has a fever. i mean, he doesn't even have a thermometer 😐 he is self-isolating at least.

anyway...i got emotional when i got off the phone. i think a lot of elderly folks may just feel like 'whatever happens is gonna happen'. that definitely seems to be his attitude. i guess i get it...i mean,  what are the options?

so today was the first day i really felt scared of losing my dad. just lost my mom a little over a year ago.

whatever, this isn't political, just felt like sharing.

I am way behind in staying up with this thread, but I can’t help responding.  What a great post and your father is very lucky to have you.  As we grow older we change.  You will too. I’ve noticed older folks succumb to peer pressure maybe to a larger degree than all of us did as young teens.  When I look at some old photographs, I say what a fool.  Some, not all of elder political lunacy can be attributed to this.

One thing to consider in attempting to understand some actions of our loved ones, is that as they grow older their fear of death often decreases.  Just this one psychological change alone, results in subtle or sometimes confusing reactions to current situations. I feel so blessed that my parents managed to raise me even though their worldview was so much different from mine.  They gave me what I needed most...love, support, and sometimes direction. This is just what the elderly need.

I wonder what would have happened if the CDC/govt had said a month ago, national emergency,  no larger than 10 and shut down all restaurants, grocery stores, walmarts, costco's, etc.  I think it had to be slow rolled somewhat to get a handle on the supply chain for all kinds of stuff.  The panic buying would have been 100x if they went basically full lockdown right away and I think they knew it.

They probably knew it was already here and had spread beyond a few communities.   the system could not handle everyone running to costco/walmart/etc all at once.  I'm sure there was a mix of people in full panic/half panic/no panic which is not necessarily a bad thing.  and yes that did allow the virus to spread more. how much no one really will ever know.

probably need a better system to mobilize national guard/police/military to big retailers and grocery stores in each city, list of items that immediately go on limited quantities, and documenting what people bought.  95% of the population act accordingly when guys in uniform and guns show up.

hoping the mortality rate trends way down as testing/cases go up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I wonder what would have happened if the CDC/govt had said a month ago, national emergency,  no larger than 10 and shut down all restaurants, grocery stores, walmarts, costco's, etc.  I think it had to be slow rolled somewhat to get a handle on the supply chain for all kinds of stuff.  The panic buying would have been 100x if they went basically full lockdown right away and I think they knew it.

They probably knew it was already here and had spread beyond a few communities.   the system could not handle everyone running to costco/walmart/etc all at once.  I'm sure there was a mix of people in full panic/half panic/no panic which is not necessarily a bad thing.  and yes that did allow the virus to spread more. how much no one really will ever know.

probably need a better system to mobilize national guard/police/military to big retailers and grocery stores in each city, list of items that immediately go on limited quantities, and documenting what people bought.  95% of the population act accordingly when guys in uniform and guns show up.

It’s not a question of if it goes down but by how much and can we test enough or do we have to estimate it to get accurate. 

You are giving them too much credit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Jussie Smollett thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who was that dude on Shaggy that faked cancer? 

I fully expect a few "Help, I have COVID-19 and I can't pay my medical bills" type of GoFundMe

1 minute ago, Updawg said:
7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Read more  

You are giving them too much credit

fair enough.  how would you handle it?  China says something end of Dec.  We start seeing first real cases end of Jan.  Not a lot of data yet though.  whats the process?

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You don’t know what bob Evans is? Kinda like a cracked barrel or Perkins.

His states batting a thousand. West Virginians can do whatever

So WV is so awful, Coronavirus is like "nah, I'm good fam" and ain't crossing the border? 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away