Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

7 hours ago, NoName said:

As a veteran, and as somebody who has a lot of vet friends on FB, or friends whose parents are vets,  I am not surprised at all.    I’ve seen several bitching about things, and one said it was almost like the folks her dad was dealing with had never heard of the virus before.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

Exclusive: Amazon stops receiving non-essential products from sellers amid coronavirus outbreak

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc is suspending sellers from sending non-essential products to its U.S. and U.K. warehouses until April 5 in the latest move to free up inventory space for much-needed supplies that are in shortage as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

In a note sent to sellers on Tuesday, Amazon said it is seeing increasing online shopping demand from consumers. As its household staples and medical supplies are running out of stock, it will prioritize certain categories in order to “quickly receive, restock, and ship these products to customers.”

Amazon defined five categories as essential products that can continue shipping, including Baby Product, Health & Household, Beauty & Personal Care, Grocery, Industrial & Scientific, Pet Supplies.

More:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-amazon-com-exclusi/exclusive-amazon-stops-receiving-non-essential-products-from-sellers-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN2142IM

Those of you who use Amazon to assist the Easter Bunny, should probably place your orders now.  

35 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The guy runs marathons so I doubt his exercise induced asthma is severe. I will get asthma when running in the cold but I could still kick your ass in the 40 and 100. And I wouldn't consider myself high risk with regard to the virus.

No, the guy doesn't "run marathons."  He has participated in the NYC marathon twice, buth times finishing in about 6 hours.  That's about 14 minutes/mile, a brisk walk.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’m not advocating for either side of this discussion but as I discussed earlier, there will likely be a lot more people who don’t survive the economic collapse than would have died from the virus. I understand both the emotional and logical side of this argument.

The economic collapse was coming regardless. We never had the option of choosing one or the other, so I'm not sure what purpose this line of thinking serves. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There aren't two legitimate sides. I'm not advocating for business over people. I'm not bitching anywhere about the government. The fucking other guy showed up to throw that bullshit at me as though he had me pegged. Fuck him. It's bullshit like taking personal thoughts from someone sharing in a community like this and then trying to hurt them with it that makes angry douches like this Brad dildo worthless pieces of shit who add nothing to the BBS experience. 

Clearly I'm the angry one here.

I posted naturally occurring compounds that block the replication of the virus.  Did y'all take notes?  If you catch it, there are natural virus inhibitors that can help you get over it.

The virus attacks the ace 2 receptors in the lung.  Some people have more of these than others.

https://www.jimmunol.org/content/174/8/4908

List them again

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As a veteran, and as somebody who has a lot of vet friends on FB, or friends whose parents are vets,  I am not surprised at all.    I’ve seen several bitching about things, and one said it was almost like the folks her dad was dealing with had never heard of the virus before.   

They'll get their test. They just need to bring their military ID, their vaccination record, their dd-214s (all of them), their 2173, an approved DTS travel authorization, and a memo from the company commander authorizing the test. Then they will be placed on the waiting list and notified by military email when a test becomes available.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Radical Larry said:

Yep and moving kids out of dorms as well...

The university is requiring students to move home from their residence halls, though emergency housing will be available on a case-by-case basis to students who have compelling reasons to remain on campus, or who do not have other living arrangements. We will provide details for how to apply for emergency campus housing in the upcoming days. 

Residents who are currently on campus can begin to move out immediately. 

Students who are not currently on campus will need to sign up for a time to move out via the University Housing and Dining website starting on Monday, March 23. The university will also offer pro-rated refunds on housing and dining contracts and coordinate those decisions with financial aid packages.

Recreational Sports and University Unions facilities are closed until further notice.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The fucking other guy showed up to throw that bullshit at me as though he had me pegged. Fuck him.

Quit acting like a petty little shit. You have a fucking avatar that says you will never give a fuck. Yet, you just gave a fuck. Stop it.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There aren't two legitimate sides. I'm not advocating for business over people. I'm not bitching anywhere about the government. The fucking other guy showed up to throw that bullshit at me as though he had me pegged. Fuck him. It's bullshit like taking personal thoughts from someone sharing in a community like this and then trying to hurt them with it that makes angry douches like this Brad dildo worthless pieces of shit who add nothing to the BBS experience. 

Trust me when I say I understand your position and I’m not trying to fit anyone in a particular category, it was the simplest way to share my message in response to his jab about your lack of concern regarding the death of others. Counter to his argument, people will die either way, one way is just right in our face. The other gets brushed under the rug except by those who study this sort of thing.

Also believe me when I say I know “bad brad” is a miserable fucking prick who probably spends so much time on Surly because he can only be tolerated in very small doses in the real world. He’s found other birds of a feather in CR who not only listen, but actually agree with his line of thinking. It’s a support group for those who are socially unacceptable among their peers.

Some people want to believe that all business owners only care about themselves and money. I do believe you grew up in a situation which probably makes you far more likely to care about those who work for you, while also being intelligent enough understand they are the most important component of your businesses.

• Like 4

VIRUS INHIBITORS!!  THIS COULD SAVE YOUR ASS!!!  READ!!! Cheap naturally occurring compounds that occur in nature.  I'm already taking these in small amounts. 

These are government studies not whispers from the hippie shack.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032839/

Bupleurum root extract

Wild indigo root

Isatis root extract

Myricetin

Houttuynia exract

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16115693

Sinigrin.... can be fount in....

Brussel Sprouts

Broccoli (Just EAT it!!!!!)

Mustard Greens

Mustard Seeds

Also, aloe vera leaves contain aloe emodin. 

Hesperitin scores the highest as a 3clpro blocker.  It is found in lemons.  The local HEB was wiped out of all of the above except lemons.  I stocked up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesperetin

Edited by 2300 Nueces
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, it's 1700 miles.  And all reports I'm getting are that flights and airports are very lightly populated/traveled, so her exposure will be relatively limited.  There's risk no matter what path we take.  Hell, there's more risk to all of us driving 3400 miles round trip (exhaustion and accident chances).

She's pretty safe where she is.  There's security, she's spending time with her friends the best she can, to stave off the loneliness -- although they're also practicing distancing -- sitting farther apart, etc.

We'll get her home, and then go from there.

That's true, I made the drive from Dallas to Vegas to Santa Monica last year for vacation but we split it up and stopped several places along the way and back to live it up and the trip took 3 weeks. Driving that far without even being able to enjoy the trip would really suck. 

Fly her back and stick her in the attic for two weeks of quarantine

baby ruth sloth GIF by IFC

28 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Tom hanks posted an update probably 30 min ago and called it a case of the blahs.

I’m sure he’s well into his second week

Yes.  Most people won’t even know they had it.  Why do people keep perpetuating bullshit?  These should be common facts by now.  

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The economic collapse was coming regardless. We never had the option of choosing one or the other, so I'm not sure what purpose this line of thinking serves. 

Listen, I hear to you a point, but to even compare a large correction to what is happening, completely invalidates this argument so step away from the podium. 

The Anson, TX police department has taken the extraordinary step of banning ALL criminal activity during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/health/coronavirus/anson-police-asks-that-all-criminal-activities-stop-during-covid-19-pandemic/

SIAP

Those turkeys are copycats.

SLC PD posted that tweet like four or five days ago.

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Listen, I hear to you a point, but to even compare a large correction to what is happening, completely invalidates this argument so step away from the podium. 

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't make any comparisons. Are you just assuming that doing nothing would have resulted in a "large correction" as opposed to "what is happening?" I think that is a highly dubious conclusion. 

54 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Galveston - 'fuck your momma !' Galveston County judge: No plans to close bars, restaurants

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/galveston/news/article/Galveston-County-judge-says-closing-bars-15137959.php

city of galveston just shut it all down lulz . abbott needs to take a stance  here 

2018-07-23-3-760x570.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I was going to say. Under serving veterans is called Tuesday at the VA.

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Those turkeys are copycats.

SLC PD posted that tweet like four or five days ago.

Quite frankly, I'm impressed that Anson is only a few days behind on that tweet and would've expected them them to be posting in December.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, it's 1700 miles.  And all reports I'm getting are that flights and airports are very lightly populated/traveled, so her exposure will be relatively limited.  There's risk no matter what path we take.  Hell, there's more risk to all of us driving 3400 miles round trip (exhaustion and accident chances).

She's pretty safe where she is.  There's security, she's spending time with her friends the best she can, to stave off the loneliness -- although they're also practicing distancing -- sitting farther apart, etc.

We'll get her home, and then go from there.

Yes, there is definitely more risk in y'all driving to pick her up.  You are wise not to listen to the hysterical raving lunatics on this thread.

Good luck, you're going to be ok, she's going to be ok.  She needs to be with you.  You're doing the right thing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

I posted naturally occurring compounds that block the replication of the virus.  Did y'all take notes?  If you catch it, there are natural virus inhibitors that can help you get over it.

The virus attacks the ace 2 receptors in the lung.  Some people have more of these than others.

https://www.jimmunol.org/content/174/8/4908

I took notes. Today was the first day in three weeks I have my lung capacity back. May not have been Coronavirus, but my lungs felt worse than they ever have. I think all those supplements helped.

I'm on day five of "self quarantine".  I spent spring break getting my CME at WDW, and, according to Mother UHS-that's now a hot spot.  So, me and at least three of my colleagues are stuck in our respective homes, enjoying another two weeks of unproductiveness.  We all feel fine, thanks for asking. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:44 AM, Jiggy-Z said:

This guy is an interesting case.  So what does "never gets sick" even mean.  Yeah he may not have any of the tested co morbidity conditions, but from the pictures I have seen of him, he looks to be a typical middle aged guy with some jowls that could stand to lose about 30lbs at least.   Not saying we shouldn't be doing best practices, especially considering there are cases of youngsters worldwide that have had to have ICU,  but we could use a little more critical thinking and better information.

And, as a litigator, odds are decent he's been working 60-80 hour weeks with travel, bad diet, and heavy drinking involved.  I am not gonna assume he's in top shape.

20 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Thank you for sharing. There’s some really good information in there.

Okay, so it's France, meaning these folk have been smoking since they were in diapers, and drinking a shit ton of wine, but still, it's a data point.

From Business Insider:

In France, more than half of coronavirus patients in intensive care are under 60, suggesting it's not just the elderly at risk

The worst part about this as an academic exercise is that it will be most informative once it's all fucking over. We can parse every little variable to our hearts content, provided we're still among the living. Or, you know, not living in refrigerator boxes, eating shoe leather.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away