Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

I am beginning to wrap up my day in central Texas and I can tell you the number of patients that present with Covid like symptoms seems to be increasing. We will try to ramp up testing as much as possible and it has definitely increased in the recent two days so we were going to see a skyrocketing number of cases that I feel are already out there.

How much of this could be a surveillance bias. People being hyper vigilant re respiratory symptoms, fever, etc. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

How much of this could be a surveillance bias. People being hyper vigilant re respiratory symptoms, fever, etc. 

I bet that's hard to really answer but that WA test data I saw posted a page or two ago shows a shitload of negatives so lots getting tested but still not a high number of positives.  But I got no idea how that compares to tests for other viruses.

TSO Delivery being awesome and bringing meals to those who need help.   Due to demand, they are working on something where people can donate to help cover costs   

In light of the circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, we are launching #TsoGiving , a campaign to help individuals and families in our community that are having a hard time putting food on the table. Please email tsogiving@tsodelivery.com and we would love to help by offering a free meal to those in need. We want to help those who have been impacted. We will respond as quickly as possible. Please share this post, help #supportlocaland stay strong!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Anyone seen recent Texas testing data?  As in have we managed to increase capacity to anything meaningful yet?

You guys are fucked.  Those asswipes in Galveston are gonna get all good and lathered up with the corona, then come hang with all you bastards.  I think its fair to enact Marshall Law and allow you all to shoot anyone that was seen being a dumbass down there.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  We all knew all the guns down there would come in handy (no CR) but we didn't exactly know wtf we would need them for.  Well...here we are. 

The first case was diagnosed in WA on January 22.  I have said since the first reports out of China that it had been in China longer than early January, and those people had traveled.  We even joked that whatever swept through our office in late December could have been Coronavirus.  We had another something that swept through in late January.  Worst cold I had had in years.  Never had a fever, but the cough was awful.  Still have a slight cough 6 weeks later.

Same here. Except I had it in early December, another attorney here had it in January.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You guys are fucked.  Those asswipes in Galveston are gonna get all good and lathered up with the corona, then come hang with all you bastards.  I think its fair to enact Marshall Law and allow you all to shoot anyone that was seen being a dumbass down there.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  We all knew all the guns down there would come in handy (no CR) but we didn't exactly know wtf we would need them for.  Well...here we are. 

You let your Okie slip out. Martial Law.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Sorry if already discussed, but... haircuts? We all going shaggy, or what?

I thought about this last Friday when I considered getting a haircut and decided to either go Shaggy or clip my own hair.

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I wonder when real panic will set in for the US, meaning when people realize many people are actually dying and this is serious?

I’m going to go with somewhere between 500 deaths and 1000 deaths

I don’t think it’ll necessary be a death count but more whenever we have images of hospitals making wartime decisions on who gets treatment and who doesn’t ala Northern Italy. 

Uh oh
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-16-20-intl-hnk/h_6e1f01640b115ad8c8c625f496fd06a5?fbclid=IwAR3KqemQjRrYDAZI1qr0FOQ5QNZq3Ry31J0yn7mBi6VyOelvYrFM--zECqA
21 hr 44 min ago

Pennsylvania closes all state liquor stores indefinitely

All Pennsylvania state liquor stores and licensee service centers will close indefinitely tomorrow at 9 p.m. ET, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board announced.
“This was a tremendously difficult decision to make, and we understand the disruption our store closures will have on consumers and licensees across the commonwealth,” Board Chairman Tim Holden said in a statement.
Holden continued:
“But in these uncertain and unprecedented times, the public health crisis and mitigation effort must take priority over the sale of wine and spirits, as the health and safety of our employees and communities is paramount.” The liquor control board handles all beverage alcohol distribution in Pennsylvania, operating nearly 600 wine and spirits stores statewide. It licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers, according to the statement.

I’m prepared for the long haul in these trying times in PA.
c6ff1fb230fc96700e43e5debef7c3ca.jpg
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, akhornfan said:

@Huckleberry do you still think we’re behind Italy’s testing?

I don't know and don't find it relevant. I know that you were wrong about our being way ahead of Italy's testing at the same point as their COVID-19 outbreak. We already proved that. 

You are correct that some people are overreacting to the data we have but you're not helping matters with respect to misinformation by repeatedly posting incorrect information yourself. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Username checks out. 

image.png.de837d1384e1bb3eae7f0d3b1d5a9c5c.png

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

As a veteran, and as somebody who has a lot of vet friends on FB, or friends whose parents are vets,  I am not surprised at all.    I’ve seen several bitching about things, and one said it was almost like the folks her dad was dealing with had never heard of the virus before.   

I stated probably 100 pages ago, that a buddy of mine going through chemo down at Brooks was receiving treatment on the same hospital floor as the quarantined cruise ship folks.  What a fucking shitshow 

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

TSO Delivery being awesome and bringing meals to those who need help.   Due to demand, they are working on something where people can donate to help cover costs   

Thank you for sharing. I reached out about donating meals 

Death in Tarrant County, Arlington...apparently resident of the Texas Masonic Retirement Center.  Places with old people living on top of each other seems to not be such a good mix with the Corona.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/arlington-resident-dies-from-coronavirus-first-in-north-texas/2333046/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand&__twitter_impression=true

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I stated probably 100 pages ago, that a buddy of mine going through chemo down at Brooks was receiving treatment on the same hospital floor as the quarantined cruise ship folks.  What a fucking shitshow 

What the fuck? Unbelievable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

abbott has shown zero leadership thru all this

He bragged on Twitter. about working with hospital leadership this afternoon about making sure they get the resources they need.   Shame he wasn’t doing that a month ago    Anyways, he did something for the smaller businesses, or rather their employees   

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

abbott has shown zero leadership thru all this

This has been mentioned before but Abbott has been so bad I wish the fucking aggy was still in charge.

Abbott giving a new meaning to the phrase "What starts here changes the world."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I remember that post. How is your friend doing?

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know and don't find it relevant. I know that you were wrong about our being way ahead of Italy's testing at the same point as their COVID-19 outbreak. We already proved that. 

You are correct that some people are overreacting to the data we have but you're not helping matters with respect to misinformation by repeatedly posting incorrect information yourself. 

You’re missing the point. I said were ahead and you did all kinds of effort to argue against. Then 10+ hours later all of a sudden you don’t care 

• Fuck You 1

Yikes at chemo treatments in the same building much less the same floor.

We’re setting up our coronavirus triage area and treatment/isolation rooms in a separate vacant building across the street from our ED.

And we’ve split our normal ICU into two units on different floors - one for CV and one for everything else.

If it gets as bad as projected, it’ll swamp us no matter what but we’re trying to do the best we can.

But, fucking hell, people are so stupid. We instituted a no visitors under 18 rule a week ago and most people are generally complying.

We had to call security on a father today who was insistent on getting his lab work done and started yelling when we asked him to come back without his kids.

Twin four week olds in infant carriers he had sitting on the lab floor. And an elementary school aged daughter.

We had another lady get sent home for quarantine after a nurse caught her sneaking into her sister’s isolation room without PPE. To give her some Mountain Dew. A suspected CV case and Type 2 diabetic.

If y’all have any friends in hospital administration, check in with them and their mental health. We aren’t on the front lines but we are running like crazy behind the scenes to do everything we can to make their jobs a little bit easier.

TL;DR - the hospitals are gonna be a circus and people are dumb.

• Like 5

Mayor of NOLA has banned the sale of firearms. I don’t own a handgun. Seriously thinking of buying one now. The chance of society breaking down now is much worse than after something like Harvey hitting. Social distancing, hording and panicking is not a good combo to keep order.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

The peak Prosperity  video was pretty good today. He mentions an Italian study of 3000 random subjects who were tested for the Wuhan virus and they found that 50 to 70 percent may be asymptomatic carriers. That is good with respect to herd immunity and lowering the CFR, but bad with respect to controlling it.

He also talks about how the UK and Federal US strategies appear to be intent on getting to herd immunity quickly. This includes the recommendation to not wear masks.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away