Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

On 3/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, Loco said:

get ready for all these healthy fuckers to fly home!

2 hours ago, PhillyD said:

Their website is now bookmarked for me. https://healthweather.us/

Will be interesting to see if it tracks.  If it's accurate now, a bunch of Florida is about to blow the fuck up.

Who would've seen this coming? Yikes.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

seems like a pretty fucking good trade...

Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
  • headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • loss of appetite, weight loss;
  • mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;
  • skin rash or itching; or.
  • hair loss.
Edited by Iceman

5 hours ago, DaysOff said:
10 hours ago, Constant said:
We have had any and all scheduled leave canceled. Not long before we go to 12hrs/7 days a week shift. 

Sounds nice. Not long before we go to 0/0.

I hear ya. I’m not complaining. I have perspective on the thing and know a lot of people will be out of work soon. Hope things work out. 

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

True.  Point being, 35k people weekly for about 4 years running from all points on the globe.  It would have been an effective cover sending the Olympic rowing team and just dropping it into the system.   That’s how I’d have done it at least.  

That's nothing!  Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Hydroxychloroquine is commonly used for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, among others.

I take it myself (for an approved indication) and I’m optimistic about the data supporting its use, yet also a bit concerned that there could quickly be a nationwide shortage. We have lots of drug shortages under normal circumstances and this one doesn’t have a good alternative.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Digdogger said:

Speaking of, can we get an update from RayDog and what the boom boom situation is with gf1 and gf2?

We tried but nothing happened. Gf2 tried staying with me while gf1 and her bff went to pick up takeout but gf1 said no. Then while we ate Korean, gf2 was asking about our sex life and brought up 3somes, then the bff said 4some and pointed around the table at the 4 if use. But gf1 said no. She said she would leave for a while if gf2 wanted to have sex with me but gf2 said no. Gf2 wants to try again.

Having a live in gf sucks sometimes.

On topic, sort of, the H5N6 bird flu was found in a Filipino quail farm. So if one doesn't get us the other one might.

17 minutes ago, RayDog said:

On topic, sort of, the H5N6 bird flu was found in a Filipino quail farm. So if one doesn't get us the other one might.

Add it to the list of things we can't eat: 

• Bats
  • Pangolin
  • Chicken
  • Pork
  • Quail
  • Camel (don't laugh...  looking at you Australia)
  • Civet 
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

• hair loss.

I already face these conditions as part of everyday life. Does that mean I’m immune to covid?

Just now, Incredulity said:

Think this episode will put a dent in millennials lust to have chicken coops in residential areas?

I looked into having some chickens... Seems like a lot of work and evidently they can be noisy.  I like eggs but I am put out just by having to check the eggs in a cartoon at the store.

If they want chickens, I don't have a problem with that.  It's not any of my business.

14 hours ago, Modessit said:

Check this out:

a673d55dddcdfdf1bb2523beb19acd29.jpga0d433556d2cd0ebb187da0eacc0acc7.jpgd235c4586bfa25c645a5b7a11e9215cb.jpg

First she talks about how easy it was to walk around HEB at Congress/Oltorf and then after being confronted claimed to have stayed in the car while her probably-infected husband went in.

And the neighborhood she lives in is the one across from mine so now we can't take the kids to any of the parks just in case she also has kids and has been taking them.

Kids and wife haven't left the house/yard since Saturday. They're about to take a short walk just to get a little exercise and won't get within 15 ft of anyone else.

we are going to die harrison ford GIF

• Like 2

Wow. CDC just updated guidelines to allow doctors and healthcare professionals to continue working as long as they have a mask. The guidelines also acknowledge that there is a shortage of masks with no end in supply. 

CDC is letting us all know we already don't have enough healthcare staffing, if they're willing to let the docs potentially be an exposure risk

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Assign people per aisle. You pass the cart from aisle to aisle, the carts move across the store, not the people. 

then, if you have a contaminated cart (or 1 positive employee) you just have exposed everyone working to the virus...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Unless Florida is getting hit with the Flu A that plowed through here a month or two ago. 

Flu A, Flu B, syphilis...  whatever.

I have been saying this for a while...  S. Florida is a hub for S America, the cruise industry,  an airline hub for Europe, a massive tourism industry (sorry Waco), home for Snowbirds from the NE (NYC), permanent home for retirees and a Spring Break destination.  Could you ask for a worse scenario?   Florida's response has been piss poor by any metric.  They have delayed and dragged their feet because the economic impact of doing the right thing was untenable given the political climate and the complete lack of a response from the federal government.

....but but but the heat and humidity!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

• hair loss.

From what I read those side effects are only in longterm high dose use.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

7 minutes ago, Loco said:

I have been saying this for a while...  S. Florida is a hub for S America, the cruise industry,  an airline hub for Europe, a massive tourism industry (sorry Waco), home for Snowbirds from the NE (NYC), permanent home for retirees and a Spring Break destination.  Could you ask for a worse scenario?   Florida's response has been piss poor by any metric.  They have delayed and dragged their feet because the economic impact of doing the right thing was untenable given the political climate and the complete lack of a response from the federal government.

No Cr but build a wall around Florida? I can get behind that.

We tried but nothing happened. Gf2 tried staying with me while gf1 and her bff went to pick up takeout but gf1 said no. Then while we ate Korean, gf2 was asking about our sex life and brought up 3somes, then the bff said 4some and pointed around the table at the 4 if use. But gf1 said no. She said she would leave for a while if gf2 wanted to have sex with me but gf2 said no. Gf2 wants to try again.
Having a live in gf sucks sometimes.

I’m confused. If you are paying these bitches aren’t they supposed to do what you tell them to?

1 hour ago, RayDog said:

We tried but nothing happened. Gf2 tried staying with me while gf1 and her bff went to pick up takeout but gf1 said no. Then while we ate Korean, gf2 was asking about our sex life and brought up 3somes, then the bff said 4some and pointed around the table at the 4 if use. But gf1 said no.

Spideys-Pointing.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Loco said:

Related, not related to Florida, in Ecuador they’ve been overall pretty good about social distancing, they closed schools weeks ago, restricted certain types of church activities from the get go, and overall have taken it serious. Except for Guayaquil. They pulled a Florida and partied all weekend and through yesterday. 

So the government said fuck that Link en español, instituted a 4pm curfew yesterday and isolated the entire city, only vehicles entering and exiting the city are big rigs. We’ll see if it works but hey, at least the memes of not giving a fuck have been pretty funny. 

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

A patient yesterday, in a roundabout way, told me he may have been exposed. He didn’t say he thought he was exposed. But I put together the time line and it definitely fits that he has also been exposed. If that’s the case CANCEL YOUR DAMN APPOINTMENT! I cut the treatment session short. I’ve been calling my at risk patients today that they don’t need to come in today and we’ll get back to them. I’m sure my bosses would be very upset with me. But I have an ethical obligation to my patients, not my bosses. 

Woah this is America, what communist told you that lie? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

This was one of my friends on Facebook TODAY! #thankyoucorona for actually getting people to be clean. #yourfuckingstupid for acting like ants when it’s not that bad. Damn the flu kills more than this “pandemic” virus
I commented with “you’re a fucking idiot” and then de friended him

Bravo!

great job applause GIF

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

A patient yesterday, in a roundabout way, told me he may have been exposed. He didn’t say he thought he was exposed. But I put together the time line and it definitely fits that he has also been exposed. If that’s the case CANCEL YOUR DAMN APPOINTMENT! I cut the treatment session short. I’ve been calling my at risk patients today that they don’t need to come in today and we’ll get back to them. I’m sure my bosses would be very upset with me. But I have an ethical obligation to my patients, not my bosses. 

I think you're a PT, right?  Good for you, you did the right thing.

My wife is a PT as well and she had ethical concerns with her clinic even remaining open at all. And sure enough on Monday, after a half-day, they decided to shut their doors for the next 4-6 weeks.  Luckily for her she only had two recent post-op patients on her schedule right now, and she was able to see both of them on Monday before her clinic shut down completely.  She was hands-off and focused on instruction for the next month or two while they're home, on their own.    She had all but 3 patients cancel Monday, anyway.

Other patients were even calling their front desk and, as they canceled their appointments, asking why the clinic was still open at all?  Lots of quarantine-shaming going on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Hold on hold on, let’s see what he’s working with before we tell him to keep it in his pants

HEHEHEH well played my man.  Be careful out there, you're on the front lines. Try not to get distracted by things behind the curtain zipper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loco said:

I looked into having some chickens... Seems like a lot of work and evidently they can be noisy.  I like eggs but I am put out just by having to check the eggs in a cartoon at the store.

If they want chickens, I don't have a problem with that.  It's not any of my business.

Avian Influenza isn't your business?  

11 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Things change so quickly with this whole pandemic, it's hard to keep up.  I've been an inpatient internal medicine physician for nearly 20 year (also not an OU grad). My community hospital has been one of the, if not the most affected by corona virus in Northern California.  The change in our workday from just 2.5 weeks ago is like night and day.  While there is a tremendous amount of angst, it's also been a revelation to see how the colleagues we've known and at times taken for granted for years have stepped up to take care of patients at risk of their own health.  Obviously nurses and doctors, but folks like transporters and folks who clean the rooms and deliver food go about their days, doing their jobs, often hands on with zero complaints.  Testing in our area has been problematic, but I think they are ramping up.  Availability of PPE is a looming problem.  We've really started to ration - tremendously.  Hospital also had several negative pressure isolation rooms, which when needed were most often used to keep patients isolated who were being tested for TB.  They create several more, almost overnight by putting up plexiglass partitions and portable air filtration systems.  That capacity was swamped very quickly.  It's not exactly comforting to know you are perhaps not as protected as could be, but you do the best you can.   Beyond running out of vents and PPE, I lose sleep over the thought of colleagues getting ill and having to take time off.  We are not staffed for this...at all.  If a few people get sick and the flood gates of infected people open up, it's gonna get ugly fast.  I think I work in a bubble however, of very heavy burden of this illness.  Fortunately I work for a goliath of west coast heath care and hope they have the resources to protect us as best as can be expected.   

I feel for all those affected by the economy.  Sounds like a lot of people are losing work and don't have the financial wherewithall to survive this the way I do.  Unfortunately, I've got all the work I can handle.    

Lhorn, is the goliath of west coast health administering the antiviral cocktails like chitowndoc described is going on in chicago?

I read somewhere else that China was planning to start basketball games again I think at the end of this month. I'm just wondering how that can even be possible as long as people are still getting infected. I read that they closed their temporary hospitals but I never trust any news or figures that come from there.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Avian Influenza isn't your business?  

Not at the moment, no.

Prior to this Corona virus outbreak my biggest agricultural problem was the god damn iguanas eating all my peppers.  BTW iguanas fucking love peppers.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well if thats the criteria, a lot of people may hit the highway exit McDonald's. Using that metric, the Joyce Kilmer Service Plaza on the NJ Turnpike is probably the #1 tourist destination in the country. 

I had to stop and take an emergency shit there once...in a suit..., so this hits close to home. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away