Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

6 minutes ago, gecko said:

The NY Post ain't exactly where I go for news, but they are at least established enough to not use O.J.'s face on Barry Bond's head.  What the fuck is up with that pic? 

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Bold strategy, Cotton.

I guess, but what the is the government going to do, shut down the company? They were on the verge of bankruptcy anyway. At least, I assume that is their thought process.

And, I could buy that Gamestop is essential retail in a crisis where people need to entertain themselves at home IF it weren't for the fact that pretty much every game can be downloaded from internet. 

52 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The mental health aspects of this are extremely under appreciated.  We won't really have a good sense as to the broad psychological impact of all of this for years. But the acute effects are readily observed. Couple weeks in social isolation and people will start really losing their shit. 

I figure it is going to look exactly like what happened on Ren & Stimpy...….Space madness! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I might have missed it but did we cover that Edwards in Louisiana is saying their hospitals will be overwhelmed in 7 days and he wants Trump to activate the National Guard?

need to convert some paddlewheelers on the Mississip...

"I went to Disney World and all I got was this lousy virus."

CORONAVIRUS CA MAN DIES AT 34 Recently Visited Disney World In FL

A 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida ... TMZ has learned.

Jeffrey Ghazarian from Glendora, CA, died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life ... according to his family.

His sister says ... "He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together."

Jeff's timeline regarding his COVID-19 infection is terrifying and should be eye-opening for people of all ages. According to his family, he flew from L.A. to Orlando on March 2 for a work conference, but stayed a few extra days to visit Disney World and Universal theme parks with friends.

We're told on March 7 he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9 ... and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.

The family says a chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, and he was tested for COVID-19 and sent home with fluids and antibiotics and instructed to self-quarantine until he got the results back.

We're told the results came back positive on March 13, and Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter to keep an eye on his levels ... which took a turn for the worse that afternoon.

On March 14 he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and quickly transferred to the ICU when it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors decided the best path forward was to sedate and intubate, hoping a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

Sadly -- and despite the family claiming he was approved for antiviral meds -- the medication was delayed in getting to him, he took a turn for the worse ... and passed away Thursday morning.

It appears Jeffrey was higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016.

The CDC now says young people can also be at grave risk ... and this underscores the danger. (snip)

Edited by clapclapclap

28 minutes ago, Player said:

That you recognize this undue stress that you’re suffering from as a psychosis is probably a good thing.

Oh, I'm confident that my undiagnosed narcissism is fully in play here.

29 minutes ago, Player said:

Continue doing what you can for your fellow man, but don’t forget to take care of yourself too. The oxygen masks have figuratively deployed. Be sure to put yours on before you pass out while trying to help others.

Yeah, that's long been another gaping flaw with how I handle the world.  I'm the last guy I take care of....which is not bright.  So I'm trying to be deliberate to administer self-care, take walks, take a break from thinking about the situation, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

It appears Jeffrey was higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016.

Here's an idea. Let's take Jeffrey to the Happiest Little Incubator on the Planet!

58 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I hope they throw the book at them.  No wiping the slate clean for those guys.  They can go ply their trade in prison for trying to put the squeeze on consumers.  I  would like to be there when the bars roll shut.

Yep.  Their hineys ain’t clean, roll the book at ‘em

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

We're told on March 7 he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9 ... and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.

oh man...  that sucks for him and his family, but he was coughing up blood and decided to get on a plane?  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Good job joining the other 43 states that were already doing this, dumbass

Some of you motherfuckers are all about States’/Municipalities’ rights, until you’re not.  Jesus man.  Every major area in the state had already shut fucking schools down through next week.   This is an official order for the entire state, not just the major metros.  Jesus Tapdancing on a fucking toothpick some of you 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who refers to TP by the pound?

Agreed.  Unusual, Miami media usually measures white stuff by the kilo.

I guess you could say they caught em' rollin dirty!

Edited by Loco

Asthma and frequent bronchitis with history of testicular cancer but damn that’s young.

This is the guy my friend in Seattle knew.

Someone up thread asked if he had elevated risk, considering his age. Sounds like he not only had elevated risk, but had a delay in getting his prescribed meds.

Really sad, nonetheless. Young guy, young family, all happened very fast.

53 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We fucked up our own timeline more than they did. To believe otherwise would be to believe that if China had warned everyone in November, like they did in January, then we would have responded more aggressively. I don't see how anyone can reach that conclusion. No matter when they warned us, it appears we would have ignored it until it was hitting us in the face. 

When did China first know about this?  When did China erroneously report to the WHO that human to human passing of the virus wasn't likely?  China fucked up the timeline.  China fucked up by creating this virus in the first place and then lying about it.  Could the US have reacted more swiftly and seriously??  Of course, but that's hind sight to the first couple of weeks after this virus was passed to humans.  It was too late already by then, but China fucked up the timeline by at least 6 weeks. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Asthma and frequent bronchitis with history of testicular cancer but damn that’s young.

The blaming of "preexisting conditions" by the media and health officials with respect to deaths or critical cases in patients under 50 seems like it is over-simplifying and assuming only a small portion of the population fits into that category.  Sure, that is 3 listed for this patient, but how many in their 30's-50's don't have something that would qualify?  Childhood athsma/bronchitis?  Sure seems like a lot of people.  Diabetes (whether known or not) - a lot.  Overweight, shit the majority.  High blood pressure, tons.  Maybe I'm wrong but to me the reality is that it seems like there is a shit ton of (bad) luck involved with a serious case.  Let's not pretend there aren't also plenty of people in there 50's and 60's with 8 different pre-existing conditions that are infected and aysmptomatic for whatever reason.

46 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not "equivocating for China." I'm saying it is misguided to look at China as the sole cause of our current situation without reflection of our responsibility for our own inaction, and without consideration of the simple facts that nature created the virus and that there was a significant contribution of chance that it arose in China and not here in the USA. Blame China for fucking and hiding in the beginning. Blame China for not acting sooner on the wet-markets that we know increase the chance of the rise of this sort of virus. But, let's not be so ignorant to think that a similar virus could not arise here. It just feels odd to me to try and blame solely man for what is at its a core a natural disaster. If a similar pandemic was released from the USA because someone here ate an alligator/snake/armadillo/chicken/pig, would we really want or expect the whole world to say "this is all your fault!"? 

Yes.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We fucked up our own timeline more than they did. To believe otherwise would be to believe that if China had warned everyone in November, like they did in January, then we would have responded more aggressively. I don't see how anyone can reach that conclusion. No matter when they warned us, it appears we would have ignored it until it was hitting us in the face. 

China's sole responsibility has nothing to do with fucked up timelines.  To the extent the Vox video is right, China outlawed those Wet markets after the last outbreak, but let them reopen because powerful Chinese wanted to eat wild animals, even though they knew this would likely happen.  This is on China and China alone.

• Like 4

Regardless of what they were saying, they were building temporary hospitals and shutting down massive cities.  Actions speak louder than words, and that told me a lot at the time about the potential for how fucked this whole thing is going to be.

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Forms-Reports-and-Other-Resources/preexisting

According to a new analysis by the Department of Health and Human Services, 50 to 129 million (19 to 50 percent of) non-elderly Americans have some type of pre-existing health condition.

I would have guessed it were closer to 17-48% but I’m no expert

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

When did China first know about this?  When did China erroneously report to the WHO that human to human passing of the virus wasn't likely?  China fucked up the timeline.  China fucked up by creating this virus in the first place and then lying about it.  Could the US have reacted more swiftly and seriously??  Of course, but that's hind sight to the first couple of weeks after this virus was passed to humans.  It was too late already by then, but China fucked up the timeline by at least 6 weeks. 

January 15th, 2020. After identifying it and then silencing it in 2019.  Then destroying the records....then

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

January 15th, 2020. After identifying it and then silencing it in 2019.  Then destroying the records....then

Oh, no doubt fuck them for covering it up until January. Please don't take my posts to be saying otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What’s crazier than this, is that we are, as predicted with increased testing, closing in on 4,000 new cases today.

I know it is a nice sound bite but China data is pretty much shit.  everyone will pass China eventually.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sadly that’s the biggest crime of all. And the 34 year old Doctor who was arrested for sounding the alarm who has now died is a Goddamn World Hero. 

We should erect a big-ass statue to him. He deserves it, and it would piss off the CCP to no end.  

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away