Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

I might risk the coronas to stick my tongue up red swimsuits butt as well.  I'm not going to judge here. 

It’s definitely worth a try. It’s that kind of outside the box thinks that’s going to get us through this.

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My back of the envelope number based on assumption that 25% of symptomatic individuals are being tested and 80% of people infected are asymptomatic puts us somewhere at 250k current cases.  China has to be in the millions. 

Where do I sign up to choose "asymptomatic carrier"?  I'm thinking that's my best option at this point.  It's more than 2 weeks until the fallout from the Spring Break crowd fully hits and I've already been home 8 days with the family.  Will not make it 6 weeks plus.

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My back of the envelope number based on assumption that 25% of symptomatic individuals are being tested and 80% of people infected are asymptomatic puts us somewhere at 250k current cases.  China has to be in the millions. 

The 80% asymptomatic figure is too high.  80% with mild symptoms, not blissfully ignorant carriers.

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Did they bring it to the Houston Rodeo, which I’m not sure is still going on? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’m confused. If you are paying these bitches aren’t they supposed to do what you tell them to?

Gf1 lives with me for now and I support her, but I don't hand her cash after sex. If anyone here lives with a woman on a full time basis, I doubt they hand them money immediately after sex. It is gonna cost you but usually things aren't done that way. Her two friends were invited over for lunch so I was not paying them, just making sure they had at least one good meal yesterday. 

36 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Numbers out of china are 100% bullshit. 

Capture.jpg

This is the really fascinating thing. They declared control. And put out numbers indicating no transmission. I too believed, albeit briefly, their numbers. Naw, no way. They're just gonna burn the bodies. Just brutal. The most brutal shit they've done since the Great Leap Forward. I don't want to believe it, but damn.

• Like 2

If anyone is looking for the goldmine of info that our govt is basing their decisions on, this is it:

Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-1

if u read one link/report on this thread, make it this one

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2ITmtc2nu59sSWWgYrkyexdgPyEBGLd9supzQNVF-kecERj74fVnoPjh0

(Link posted at end in case embedding didnt work)

14 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

This is the really fascinating thing. They declared control. And put out numbers indicating no transmission. I too believed, albeit briefly, their numbers. Naw, no way. They're just gonna burn the bodies. Just brutal. The most brutal shit they've done since the Great Leap Forward. I don't want to believe it, but damn.

The numbers from China have to be BS.

For the big metro areas outside Wuhan, it's possible these number could actually be correct.  They've done some serious locking down including dragging people away who break quarantine.  But,  Wuhan has to be still active; even if it was just other family members in the same house that are getting it, there should be huge numbers....and lots of deaths.  Wuhan is a huge city.

... and there is no way this hasn't spread to the more rural areas of China where there is much less health care. 

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

5 hours ago, Loco said:

Stop the simulation I want to GET FUCKING OFF!

Good, he should load all those selfish bastard’s that are partying for spring break on cruise ships and send them out to sea. And Lord of the flies begins. Fuck them

siap I usually post when I’m drinking and may not remember 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

First full day of working remotely. Got up, shaved, dressed, everything just like normal. Carried my breakfast to my desk and went to work as usual. Put in a full day.

Tomorrow is pron Friday. 

El Diablo going to work.

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

Today's O/U: 12,300 total cases and 182 deaths

FIFM, I was looking at a model I was experimenting with.

We're going to pass both today.

Cases maybe was expected with testing ramping up. Deaths are concerning because I think it's a more reliable indicator of how this thing is actually spreading.

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

First full day of working remotely. Got up, shaved, dressed, everything just like normal. Carried my breakfast to my desk and went to work as usual. Put in a full day.

Tomorrow is pron Friday. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

FIFM, I was looking at a model I was experimenting with.
We're going to pass both today.
Cases maybe was expected with testing ramping up. Deaths are concerning because I think it's a more reliable indicator of how this thing is actually spreading.

Damn ya.. up 7 deaths from yesterday with 6 hrs to go. Probably looking at least 10 more

This is sounding very similar to marriage. ate you sure you’re not married?  Let me ask a better way: this sex you speak of - is it once a week or once a year?

Edited by UT_OB1
I’m a fucking idiot.

4 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Update on my stepmom in Sun City. She has developed pneumonia in her right lung confirmed by xray.  Cough is the same but fever is now gone.  They still refuse to allow her a test.  Unfortunately, today my dad who is 73 with all sorts of heart issues has developed a cough and sore throat today.  He said he feels fine except for that.  Damn it. 

so they have tests available but wont give her one?

25 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Gf1 lives with me for now and I support her, but I don't hand her cash after sex. If anyone here lives with a woman on a full time basis, I doubt they hand them money immediately after sex. It is gonna cost you but usually things aren't done that way. Her two friends were invited over for lunch so I was not paying them, just making sure they had at least one good meal yesterday. 

You’re making a bunch of people, who are cooped up with their families, mighty jealous.  

9 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Update on my stepmom in Sun City. She has developed pneumonia in her right lung confirmed by xray.  Cough is the same but fever is now gone.  They still refuse to allow her a test.  Unfortunately, today my dad who is 73 with all sorts of heart issues has developed a cough and sore throat today.  He said he feels fine except for that.  Damn it. 

I keep hearing about how easy it is to get a test, that people who need it will get one, but the reality is far different.  

5 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Rookie mistake, I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Pro-tip: Put a piece of electrical tape over your camera. Webex and Zoom sometimes enable the cam, especially Zoom.

Last summer I had the misfortune of seeing a dude in nothing but his whitey tighties laying on his couch with his laptop on his big pale belly. I showed my wife and we laughed then I minimized the video. Several hours later I told the dude his cam was on, the look on his face was awesome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The office is almost rock throwing distance from the house. I'm paranoid our director or some other asshole will just show up unannounced and I have to answer the door just as I bust a nut. 

Scream “social distancing” through the door

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You’re making a bunch of people, who are cooped up with their families, mighty jealous.  

I didn't even mention the 18 year old virgin who is trying to sell me her cherry. She was asking $2000 last month but dropped it to $1000 last week. She messaged me again last night and I need to get back to her. She does have a tomboy girlfriend. I don't usually waste my time with cherry girls as I like a woman with skills, but she is sweet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stone oak said:

I hate to say it but herd immunity seems pretty inevitable at this point. Shit is going to get weird.

we were never going to stop it and it has been that way for a while.  all we are trying to do is make sure the hospitals don't get overrun, slow the spread, especially to old/compromised, and find treatments along the way.  60M people in the US eventually got H1N1/swine,.  there were treatments almost immediately so luckily we slowed the death rate as well.  It also didn't start in FUCKING CHINA

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

There are tests but the criteria to get one is very strict.  You have to prove you were directly exposed, admitted to the hospital, or a health worker. 

this is the problem.  there are likely tests available but the physicians control the test.  DFW probably has plenty of tests but the doctor has to approve it

My actual response to the guy who said it was no big

Actually you’re a fucking idiot! This “pandemic “in your words is indeed is an actual fucking PANDEMIC! . It’s killing people worldwide and your stupid fucking post makes people think that it’s not an actual emergency. When it actually is and you’re fucking stupid to perpetuate this fucking myth! Clearly it takes either your grandparents, or your parents, or you actually getting sick and dying from this  will actually realize how horrendous this virus actually is. That’s what’s wrong with our fucking society fuck you and your stupid fucking beliefs. Perhaps if you had learned math or science at all in you’re education you would know this. This is why we are all doomed. We can reconvene this conversation in two weeks when the hospitals are full of patients and are being denied ventilation equipment because we do not have the resources. Maybe you can post from your hospital bed

sincerely 

Penelope 

Edited by Penelope
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

Pro-tip: Put a piece of electrical tape over your camera. Webex and Zoom sometimes enable the cam, especially Zoom.

Last summer I had the misfortune of seeing a dude in nothing but his whitey tighties laying on his couch with his laptop on his big pale belly. I showed my wife and we laughed then I minimized the video. Several hours later I told the dude his cam was on, the look on his face was awesome.

Sorry about that.  I had to switch out laptops and the default settings on the new one kicked in before I realized it.

/thispostisbasedonarealstory

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away