Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

40 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have noticed on the beltway in Houston a much stronger pig presence. Definitely watch your speed. Today is the end of my work week. Going to take a drive around the city tomorrow and see what’s going on. Don’t worry, I will be much more than 2 meters away from anyone.

I’ve been driving that Pearland to Stafford shot for 5 years.  They’re always creepin’, but we’ve got less to blend in with right now.

Was at my brothers house this past Saturday in Ft Worth.  He has had the squirts for 4 days and generally feels weak.  Many cases in Tarrant Co and they are spread all around where he lives.  His wife has been sleeping day and night for 2 days as well.  I developed headache and sore throat today.  I also feel dizzy and weak, no fever.  I have burning in the throat but I also have cedar allergies but this is different.  I had flu A a month ago.  I started taking the compounds that I recommended earlier in the thread.  I'll report back later.  Tired.

Edited by 2300 Nueces
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

apparently you don't read very well.  I said it didn't start in China.  and no our reponse wasn't robust and immediate.  we didn't even declare a national emergency until 7 months after we knew about it.  It took a month to even declare a health emergency.

but you are very correct that we did get lucky with H1N1.

I was agreeing with your statement and then making a broader point.

As to our response, for H1N1 the CDC started emergency operations within a week of the first infection. Within three weeks we had:  a complete gene sequence of the virus, testing created and approved for us, issued guidelines for schools, and declared a health emergency. Within a month we started distributing tests nationally and globally.  And that was all for a virus that wasn't as deadly as our regular seasonal flu. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I will cross post here that a commenter to today's Peak Prosperity video mentioned that quercetin is an ionofore for zinc. It is a health supplement and common in foods such as red onions.

I am curious if the surly medical experts have any idea if it is possibly a substitute for chloroquine.

I don't know if it is a substitute for chloroquine but there are some studies that quercetin and myricetin are flavanoids which are active against the coronavirus helicase (if I remember correctly). I bought some off of amazon at the time and am taking them prophylactically.

It looks like they work by different mechanism:

www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

Edited by Bevo

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't know if it is a substitute for chloroquine but there are some studies that quercetin and myricetin are flavanoids which are active against the coronavirus helicase (if I remember correctly). I bought some off of amazon at the time and am taking them prophylactically.

Yes, I posted the studies up thread.

5 hours ago, JBJ said:

Its both backup and base power.  Cruise ships can draw pretty much 10x the relative power density that a hotel can from the grid.  And they can self-generate more than that.

Hotels have utility rooms.  Hospitals and cruiseships have centralized utility plants.

yeah.  i'm behind, and maybe fearless leader has chimed in because nukes.  but the generators on the big boats can generate a thousands times more power than any hotel can pull off the grid.  strip down every part of the boat to bare metal and it can be cleaned faster and easier than any hotel room with all of the fabric, drywall etc.

6 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

The thing I like about cruise ships, in regards to potential temporary hospitals, is they are already set up for individual rooms, multiple sources of electrical power, and can be relocated to specific areas of the country. It’s a very good option to have in your file of resources.

Get that ship to Dallas asap!

apparently you don't read very well.  I said it didn't start in China.  and no our reponse wasn't robust and immediate.  we didn't even declare a national emergency until 7 months after we knew about it.  It took a month to even declare a health emergency.
but you are very correct that we did get lucky with H1N1.

He’s just touchy because the kids in elementary school made fun of him for peeing in Cokes.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Potato, potato. (Which reminds me, aren't we due for a potato blight right about now?)

It is quite possible that the potato gods are mad after that lame ass excuse for St. Patrick's Day. 

• Like 1

I had an elective medical procedure (penis reduction surgery) scheduled for next week at Austin Regional Clinic.  They called me today and cancelled my procedure.  Nurse said they cancelled all elective procedures due to CV19.  They are not rescheduling at this time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

I had an elective medical procedure (penis reduction surgery) scheduled for next week at Austin Regional Clinic.  They called me today and cancelled my procedure.  Nurse said they cancelled all elective procedures due to CV19.  They are not rescheduling at this time.

Good luck on your transition!

ARC has been sending us emails about how they are ramping up for covid testing, etc.   

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Didn’t someone on here just go to Argentina? Something about if he doesn’t quarantine for 14 days he’ll be thrown in prison because he’s American?

Me. My 14-day isolation ends Saturday. However mandatory isolation for everyone nationwide starts tomorrow. You can go out to go to the grocery store, hardware store, pharmacy, and maybe a few other places.

Edited by XYZ

15 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Shit, they said mine wasn't elective.

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

My actual response to the guy who said it was no big

Actually you’re a fucking idiot! This “pandemic “in your words is indeed is an actual fucking PANDEMIC! . It’s killing people worldwide and your stupid fucking post makes people think that it’s not an actual emergency. When it actually is and you’re fucking stupid to perpetuate this fucking myth! Clearly it takes either your grandparents, or your parents, or you actually getting sick and dying from this  will actually realize how horrendous this virus actually is. That’s what’s wrong with our fucking society fuck you and your stupid fucking beliefs. Perhaps if you had learned math or science at all in you’re education you would know this. This is why we are all doomed. We can reconvene this conversation in two weeks when the hospitals are full of patients and are being denied ventilation equipment because we do not have the resources. Maybe you can post from your hospital bed

sincerely 

Penelope 

Penny 

penny 

penny

Penny and the vents

This is where federal gov't needs to come in and shut it down. Letting the states piece meal this while still allowing  air travel is not going to work.

Shut down all the airports, close all non-essential businesses, etc etc

Too many dipshits out there.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

DM SouthAustin's Mom 

34 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Uh, they covered up the virus for weeks and imprisoned doctors for speaking up about it.  Didn't contain it causing all this. It's absolutely on them. This is not even debatable. 

That's not really the point, though. When it comes to international politics, what's "true" has nothing to do with what actually happened. And we're not playing that game very well at all. For whatever that's worth.

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

This is where federal gov't needs to come in and shut it down. Letting the states piece meal this while still allowing  air travel is not going to work.

Shut down all the airports, close all non-essential businesses, etc etc

Too many dipshits out there.

I'm getting ragey seeing the FL BS go on.  They announced spring break is over but don't shut beaches down?  It's infuriating.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm getting ragey seeing the FL BS go on.  They announced spring break is over but don't shut beaches down?  It's infuriating.  

Yep and then all of these fucktards hope on planes and fly home. Hope Florida enjoyed that last little bit of tax revenue they made. Fuckers.

4 hours ago, landman said:

But the death toll rate is falling.  Italy was over 10% and is dropping, and we are now below 1.5% after being over 3% last week.  

as chitowndoc told us, the anti-virals are making an impact.  plus i'm guessing the msm is 36-48 hours behind on the deployment of chloroquine and favipiravir. or if they know they are slow rolling it and for once i am all for fake news.  the zoomers have got to get with the program.

also the cfr has zero to do with the R0 or curve flattening.  i'm also guessing italy did not have any chlorquine or favipiravir or if they did, were not using it.

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Yep and then all of these fucktards hope on planes and fly home. Hope Florida enjoyed that last little bit of tax revenue they made. Fuckers.

I have a lil place at 1hotel on SoBe.  They got sick of it and just shut the whole fucker down today.  Only residents can stay.  They said fuck money.  Sadly, they're clearly in the minority. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

keep us informed 

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Penny 

penny 

penny

Penny and the vents

Yeah I know I sound like a crazy lunatic. But I’m not wrong and hard-core fuck him and his stupid fucking Twatt millennium beliefs

28 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So we began “locking down” a week ago. When’s the earliest we can hope to see a curve? 7-13 days?

Depends on the metric. New cases should start to show signs of flattening in 7 days or so, but that doesn't account for the fact that we are just now starting to test. Deaths are on an additional 2 or 3 week delay. So the nearest you should see a response in that metric is 3 weeks. We may have 2,000 deaths a day baked in at this point before things stabilize (if they stabilize). 

Edited by Dahobbs

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I was agreeing with your statement and then making a broader point.

As to our response, for H1N1 the CDC started emergency operations within a week of the first infection. Within three weeks we had:  a complete gene sequence of the virus, testing created and approved for us, issued guidelines for schools, and declared a health emergency. Within a month we started distributing tests nationally and globally.  And that was all for a virus that wasn't as deadly as our regular seasonal flu. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html

for coronavirus we had the gene sequence within a week, the test was approved by Feb 4th(2 weeks after), then we found the CDC fucked up the test(thanks CDC), March 4th we started sending out kits for 700,000 tests, CDC recommended only testing people with certain criteria, March 8th we had enough kits sent out for 1.1Million tests.

The CDC is limiting the test criteria.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away