Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, it is in many age groups, and it's a double digit percentage overweight on the male side in all of them at a cursory glance. Is your view that that isn't a factor?

Pretty much across the board it's being reported that it affects males disproportionately. This would be a weird hill for you to die on. 

Here

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/02/25/men-coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/20/health/coronavirus-men-women.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-cases-why-more-men-than-women-2020-2

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/coronavirus-men-women-immune-symptoms-outbreak-a9364641.html

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The napping thing was anecdotal.  My point was that surely Fauci has more important things to do than just stand there for 20 minutes saying nothing.  Surely he has other things to do, no?  I had no idea how strongly you policed this thread, we walk in your fucking shadow.  

I post a time or two a day here. Same as you. There are plenty of people posting more than that. Most of them just aren't bawling, blithering rubes such as yourself.

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Remember when you had an emotional breakdown on this thread because you were upset people were mentioning politics and politicians? I remember.
You're not being a hypocrite are you?

Calling reporters pussies isn't a political act. As I've previously called out to you, as have plenty of others, you see everything as a political something or other. Your sad is of course right and the other side isn't and ... meh. It's really fucking boring. I'm with a whole bunch of other people that also despise Kirk Bohls, Chip Brown and myriad sports journalists too. I assume you'd view that as a political position as well. He that is good with a hammer and such.

Anyway, if we're ultimately judged by our opposition in the grand scheme, I'm pretty fucking happy to be standing on the opposite end of everything you, G650, Lobo, and Captainant bawl about on this site. You're the fucking gang that couldn't post straight.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Calling reporters pussies isn't a political act. As I've previously called out to you, as have plenty of others, you see everything as a political something or other. Your sad is of course right and the other side isn't and ... meh. It's really fucking boring. I'm with a whole bunch of other people that also despise Kirk Bohls, Chip Brown and myriad sports journalists too. I assume you'd view that as a political position as well. He that is good with a hammer and such.

Anyway, if we're ultimately judged by our opposition in the grand scheme, I'm pretty fucking happy to be standing on the opposite end of everything you, G650, Lobo, and Captainant bawl about on this site. You're the fucking gang that couldn't post straight.

After having a meltdown about people posting politics, you specifically mentioned a politician by name. The site owner explicitly stated that is against the rules.

I have not done that once on the thread.

Maybe you should follow the rules, unless you think they're only meant for other people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, it is in many age groups, and it's a double digit percentage overweight on the male side in all of them at a cursory glance. Is your view that that isn't a factor?

ShoddyLimpingIvorybilledwoodpecker-small

You should consider yourself fortunate to be blessed with such astounding arrogance that you'll never understand how stupid you are.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

Was in Florence a couple of years ago and one of our taxi drivers told us they had a joke among the other drivers that they would get bonus points for hitting a Chinese tourist.  They Chinese would pull up in cruise ships, get bused all the way into to Florence, and overrun the city.  I'm guessing the Mayor didn't want to fuck up tourism and instead it helped spread the disease.  

On 3/18/2020 at 12:04 AM, mchookem said:

gotdammit the discussion of takeout is killing me...i haven't mentioned it yet, but my house is under construction. like, we started a major remodel, including kitchen, living, master bed/bath, literally last monday. i can't cook, wash dishes, etc. we are 'living' in a guest bed/bathroom.

if we get one of those 'shelter in place' orders...my god we are so fucked. 

i've been doing fine, telling myself it will be fine. ..but this morning i had a meltdown. i'm not far from a serious freak out. there's nothing i can do about it. i mean, i don't even know WHAT to do. last monday seems like an eternity.

Get an induction burner or two. 

24 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

The National Small Business Association has a conference call with the President at 3:45. I'll be on that call (listen mode I'm sure). Hopefully some good information will come out of the call.

Hurry up and get our loans.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

After having a meltdown about people posting politics, you specifically mentioned a politician by name. The site owner explicitly stated that is against the rules.

I have not done that once on the thread.

Maybe you should follow the rules, unless you think they're only meant for other people.

You and your other goober buddies should go report me and demand justice. I'm sure whatever rule I broke should be punishable by banning. One rule I certainly follow is when I find a worthless poster that adds nothing and is basically on the boards to spew nonsense, they go on ignore, so we're good from here dufus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

You and your other goober buddies should go report me and demand justice. I'm sure whatever rule I broke should be punishable by banning. One rule I certainly follow is when I find a worthless poster that adds nothing and is basically on the boards to spew nonsense, they go on ignore, so we're good from here dufus.

Case in point is that all you have to do is pop the bully in the mouth a couple times and they'll run home crying like a little bitch.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. Lol at "they all take chloroquine, they're fine!"

Africa is going to get fucked hard.

dumb question alert: is it possible this thing could be transferable by mosquitoes like other diseases?

if so...fuck summer in texas 😳

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Uber informative....seriously Pancho there was a time you didn't care, based on the value you add at this point maybe go back to that.

Of all the shit listed in this thread you keep purposely singling me out as not adding value?

Fuck outta here.

2nd or 3rd times you’ve done this in the last few days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

dumb question alert: is it possible this thing could be transferable by mosquitoes like other diseases?

if so...fuck summer in texas 😳

No. It would have to mutate to also be able to infect mosquitoes. Same reason you can’t get HIV from mosquitoes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

i'm disproving your statement that italian males smoke at a rate double that of italian women.  as a matter of fact, in NO age group does that occur.

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Of all the shit listed in this thread you keep purposely singling me out as not adding value?

Fuck outta here.

2nd or 3rd times you’ve done this in the last few days.

Boo fucking hoo....I single you out because you should be better than some of the other retards.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

On 3/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, XYZ said:

Can somebody explain how a virus infection works generally? Like, let’s say that somebody how is contagious coughs on you and passes the virus to you. That’s day zero. Then what, the virus starts multiplying inside of you? How many days until you become contagious yourself? Does becoming contagious coincide with feeling symptoms, or are those two separate things? What happens when you recover? Is your body killing the virus? Do you have no virus left alive in your body after you recovered, or you still have it but are immune to it?

https://kottke.org/20/03/an-explanation-on-how-coronavirus-damages-your-body

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m touched by this, especially the fact that the Chinese girl has no left hand.

No that's right, that's her Reft hand. 

Edited by Lobo

Ethical dilemma. These reports of hydroxychloroquine being effective look promising but right now it's completely on back order. I'm getting a ton of orders from physicians for it as prophylaxis for them and staff. I have lupus patients who need this drug and I have no idea how long this shortage is going to last. I'm going to save 90 days worth for my patients and the rest I really don't want to dispense unless it's a confirmed positive test. Any problem with my logic? Feel free to shoot holes through this plan. I want the local area to be prepared but I can't leave my lupus patients out high and dry.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Heard that Houston is preparing for a shelter in place. Source is someone high’ish up in HPD

Yes, but let’s worry about more important things right now like your access to the Johns Hopkins website.

Also I sure as fuck hope local governments are making contingency plans for things like that right now. Doesn’t mean that it’s inevitable, in Houston or anywhere else.

Edited by justhookit
Other shit

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

How is construction considered essential u less it’s for temp hospitals and etc?

Ever lived in Texas and had your AC take a shit?  Speaking of shit, plumbers and electricians could be deemed very necessary in some cases.  The list posted several pages back broke construction into categories and things like framing, trim carpentry, painting etc were on the no go list.  

11 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Ethical dilemma. These reports of hydroxychloroquine being effective look promising but right now it's completely on back order. I'm getting a ton of orders from physicians for it as prophylaxis for them and staff. I have lupus patients who need this drug and I have no idea how long this shortage is going to last. I'm going to save 90 days worth for my patients and the rest I really don't want to dispense unless it's a confirmed positive test. Any problem with my logic? Feel free to shoot holes through this plan. I want the local area to be prepared but I can't leave my lupus patients out high and dry.

Keeping front line Docs healthy seems kind of important.  How you can tell them apart from the other Docs I have no idea?  Give it to healthcare systems in limited amounts and let them decide who is critical?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The city already had thier PC for the day.  It wasn't mentioned.

LOL I've already heard 7 different variations of Colorad/Denver shelter in place.

Governor Polis said this morning that isn't the plan. 

If one more person mentions it, I'm going to lose what little sanity I have left. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away