Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

15 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Here are the oils Chad Briscoe recommends because of jesus or something. His site is also worth a browse for those who haven't. 

http://www.legitimatebusinessenterpise.biz/

These are the Type's of Oil's witch are available
Christ Sent
Lavender Sent
Pinto Nior
Pooporee Sent
Christmes Tree Sent (PINE TREE'S)
Olive Oil with Scavenge Egg's
Mapel Surpe
Rasberry Colada Sent
Carilina Barbacue
Frank Sense Oil
Frank Sence plus Murh
Nard (SELLED OUT)
Bleach

spacer.png

WTF did I just look at

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how far apart people in different countries stand in a line. In the US, our "normal" may be a smidge closer than Germans, but a little farther than the French. Hell, the Italians don't even line up, just all mash towards whatever they want, no hard feelings, but if you're not mashing up there too, you  must not have wanted it all that bad and so they aren't really cutting in front of you.

I got the impression in Germany that you could read a book and nobody would break in front of you. Or would feel intense guilt, at least. The French, how to describe it... act like they respect a line, but there's always somebody circling like a wolf around the buffaloes, looking for a weak spot to rush in. Learned how to throw an elbow in France.

Anyway, wonder what the effect of standing 4' vs 3' vs 2' could be.

• Like 3

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Lol. I'm not gonna get all cloaky, but people's heads would have exploded (including many on this site) if we did that back on 1/31.

that's the thing. everybody says we should have acted earlier on everything, but Americans would not have let them do it. Americans have to taste a crisis before they allow their liberties to be taken away. why did we not do all of the post 911 security at airports before 911 and prevented it from happening? because something has to happen first for us to allow the government to take drastic measures.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paper_jam said:

Not sure about this shelter in place stuff. What if I just want to go for a pleasure drive to get out of the house? As long as I don't get out of my car, I'm not going to infect anybody (or get infected).

Just tell the cop you're out shopping for toilet paper

Not sure about this shelter in place stuff. What if I just want to go for a pleasure drive to get out of the house? As long as I don't get out of my car, I'm not going to infect anybody (or get infected).

I’ve been doing this daily for the last 3-4 days. I doubt they can tag you if you tell them you’re checking on someone or going to the store.

I guess those in groups walking together would be nailed

3 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

I doubt there's any place in the country you can't or won't be able to do this. Walking/running/biking for exercise is permitted, they're not gonna pull cars over for no reason

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Once Joanna Gaines shut her market/cafe/whatever down last week, and with Baylor and the museums closed, there ain’t much going on there.   

It looked pretty much like a ghost town when I got in yesterday evening.

Yikes. More touting of chloroquine as a miracle drug, which is explicitly counter to what the medical experts have been saying. Especially with that headline of a couple hospitalizing themselves from self-medicating with it, I hope there aren't too many complications as a result of idiots feeling empowered.

It's just incredibly concerning that the president's reasoning for believing in it so hard isn't based on evidence but on the correlation that "countries that take this malaria med don't get coronavirus" and the hope of the "miracle" of it working.

I'm really not being political here. It's fucking concerning that our leaders aren't making pandemic response decisions and policy on the basis of fact, evidence, and reasoning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So bryan/CS, dfw, SA, austin?, and temple/belton all have shelter in place.... but not houston?

I think it is D, but not FW yet.  Although Tarrant County does have a lot of restrictions and has shut down a lot of non-essential businesses.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Yikes. More touting of chloroquine as a miracle drug, which is explicitly counter to what the medical experts have been saying. Especially with that headline of a couple hospitalizing themselves from self-medicating with it, I hope there aren't too many complications as a result of idiots feeling empowered.

It's just incredibly concerning that the president's reasoning for believing in it so hard isn't based on evidence but on the correlation that "countries that take this malaria med don't get coronavirus" and the hope of the "miracle" of it working.

I'm really not being political here. It's fucking concerning that our leaders aren't making pandemic response decisions and policy on the basis of fact, evidence, and reasoning.

88a.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Bartles said:

I doubt there's any place in the country you can't or won't be able to do this. Walking/running/biking for exercise is permitted, they're not gonna pull cars over for no reason

Gal I work with's husband husband is a cop, and he told her they are not pulling anyone over.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I don't think we are going to have the same mortality rate as Italy. Our rate is going to be much lower (probably 1% of confirmed infections?). We just have a lot more infections. 

A reasoned post.  60M US citizens got H1N1.  how do you think the CDC got to that number?  I'm asking because I don't know.  12K died.  .02 well below .1 of flu.  how did they get that death number?

what was the positive/negative case rate and death rate of H1N1 by day/week over the first 3-4 months?  I'm asking because I am interested in the comparison and I can't seem to find that data

I am by no means saying this is like H1N1. its not.   It seems to spread faster, H1N1 had some treaments that seemed to be effective early on, and we were able to shoehorn in a vaccine due to having a base to work from(something I learned from this thread)

you seem to be thinking we don't think that this is serious.  It is and the govt and medical community should be erring on overreacting but they have to balance that with trying to keep 320M people from going into complete panic at once and work supply chains.  christ, a bunch of stuff is hard to get and we didn't do an immediate lockdown.  can you imagine the chaos if we did?

IMO, everyone is putting in best efforts here and people should be sacrificing little shit for big shit. NYC is a white hot zone for some unknown reason as of yet and we need more resources there than elsewhere.  Make no mistake people will die.  maybe even someone I know will and it will suck.  My dad is 81, fairly healthy, but he's in the target zone if he gets it.  It will probably be worse than swine and flu but no one knows for sure how much.  at the end of this 12 months from now 1% could happen and that would be very bad if the number who get it is 40-60M. we can keep up hope, be positive, teach the youngins a bit along the way, and come out the other side eventually.  In reality I've never really had to sacrifice to be honest.  too young for vietnam and the military changed before 9/11.

We've got some smart fuckers working on this stuff.  I'm gonna bet on them.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This would be fucking amazing if I could stick my kid in daycare. Binge a couple seasons. Read a couple books. 

Silver lining of divorce, I guess.  Kids are out of school for the foreseeable future, but they're with their mom half the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, F250 said:

Just turned on the press conference.

Pence just referenced a 15 day timeline. Was that 15 days from today?

15 days from a week ago. Reporting is indicating that the president wants to end social distancing policy after 15 days to prevent too much damage to the economy. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away