Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

my fault, i misread. 

that said, you have bad info on this or your friend works in a pretty ill prepared hospital. 

the operating rooms of hospitals drive a ton of the revenue. this is why no one wanted to cancel elective surgeries ($$$) until they had to. 

if a hospital had to cancel multiple surgeries due to running out of very basic things like surgery table drapes, which they could very easily acquire from a huge number of sources including other facilities in their system or independent facilities in their area, they deserve to go out of business. 

if they don't have drapes for example, this means they have to be on ER or trauma diversion because they can't take any trauma cases. nobody wants this.

if their supply chain is so bad that they don't have very basic stuff like this, needed for essentially all cases of of their main financial driver, they need new executive and supply chain leadership. 

if a hospital had to cancel multiple surgeries due to running out of very basic things like surgery table drapes

My post said they have supply chain issues, not that they "were out"

this means they have to be on ER or trauma diversion because they can't take any trauma cases. nobody wants this.

Where did I say they were turning down trauma cases? Are those elective surgeries? Because I said "elective surgeries". 

Are you always this dense or are you being that way intentionally? Go back and read my post. I said they are shutting down elective (not every fucking case in the building) surgeries because of supply chain issues - IE they aren't out of drapes, they are saving them for ER/trauma/COVID patients. 

My info is just fine and the hospital in question is also just fine. My "friend" runs the operating room at a very large hospital in Central Texas, part of one of the ten largest healthcare systems in the country.

Edited by BradInATX

I'm sure I'm late on this - but is Dan Patrick really advocating what is effectively death squads for the olds? 
What a dumb fuck, let's just kill several million when the hospital get overrun; this seems very immature, like a toddler who can't understand how time works or that we've talked about how this was going to work.
I feel sorry for Texas and for Texans having someone like this in a leadership position (sorry to CR the thread - but that is how Trump is treating this as well)

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

^
yeah "healthy individual with strong lungs" is an extreme understatement on his part.  

Why are people self-medicating with these malaria drugs?  Particularly in Arizona where I'm guessing mosquitoes aren't the issue they are here in Texas.  

It was stuff they had been using to treat their Koi....   you know ornamental fish.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

My info is just fine and the hospital in question is also just fine. My "friend" runs the operating room at a very large hospital in Central Texas, part of one of the ten largest healthcare systems in the country.

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

thank you for coming in and sharing this information, which aligns with what just about every hospital in Texas and the country is doing. just about everyone is cancelling elective surgeries across the board to save *everything* including PPE. 

no need to be an asshole, even here...especially not this early in the morning.

• Like 3

Cedar Park to close all public and HOA parks starting tomorrow morning.  Pools, splash pads, water fountains too.  It makes perfect sense, I’m sorta glad the weather was bad last week so I couldn’t take the kids anyways but it’s incredible how limited options are to keep 3/6yo kids busy.  

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

thank you for coming in and sharing this information, which aligns with what just about every hospital in Texas and the country is doing. just about everyone is cancelling elective surgeries across the board to save *everything* including PPE. 

Hey, it's all good. But you came at me with a shitty patronizing post, and now you're all like "whoa calm down guy" when someone comes back at your patronizing bait. Don't be passive aggressive - just own that you made a post in reply to something that you either didn't fully read or understand and move on. Peace.

Edited by BradInATX

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Hey, it's all good. But you came at me with a shitty patronizing post, and now you're all like "whoa calm down guy" when someone comes back at your patronizing bait. Don't be passive aggressive - just own that you made a post in reply to something that you either didn't fully read or understand and move on. Peace.

i understand what you said.

i know what i am talking about when it comes to healthcare, i misread what you initially posted. 

i misread it. i apologized.

there is no need to be an asshole. there is even less of a need to be an asshole at 8 am on a Tuesday, pandemic or not. 

Edited by NoName
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Shit, a close HS friend had his cancer surgery (implanting of radiation seeds to combat localized liver cancer that had spread to close by bone) canceled a week ago because of this.  I'm hoping they've determined he can handle it for a few weeks or he's dead anyway, and they've written him off.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i understand what you said.

i know what i am talking about when it comes to healthcare, i misread what you initially posted. 

i misread it. i apologized.

there is no need to be an asshole. there is even less of a need to be an asshole at 8 am on a Tuesday, pandemic or not. 

I agree - so why were you an asshole in your first response to me? Only way I know how to deal with assholes is to be one myself. Deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Why is it that the only graphs we see now are Cumulative Cases (y axis)?  The original Flatten The Curve graphs were all # of Daily Cases (y axis).  I'm sure they're not trying to deceive anyone...  well anyway, does anyone have a link to an updated graph that is not cumulative?

flattening_the_curve_final.jpg&f=1&nofb=

ive been fattening my curves all month now

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

I do, I just don't understand the need in general to be an asshole at 818a no matter what is going on. 

Dude just stop. You came at me and were a complete asshole with your first post and now you're acting all butt hurt that I came back at you. Don't start shit you don't want finished.  I'm sorry I was mean to you, snowflake. I hope you can move on with your day after all that you've been through this morning. 

tl:dr don't start shit won't be shit

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Dude just stop. You came at me and were a complete asshole with your first post and now you're acting all butt hurt that I came back at you. Don't start shit you don't want finished.  I'm sorry I was mean to you, snowflake. I hope you can move on with your day after all that you've been through this morning. 

Hey look, it’s Derka part 2! “Look at me! Look at me!”
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

giphy.gif

what a fucking douchenozzle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Cedar Park to close all public and HOA parks starting tomorrow morning.  Pools, splash pads, water fountains too.  It makes perfect sense, I’m sorta glad the weather was bad last week so I couldn’t take the kids anyways but it’s incredible how limited options are to keep 3/6yo kids busy.  

The playgrounds in Mueller were overrun with kids all weekend with not a Clorox wipe in sight. It was 95% Hispanic families (no racisto) which made my wife wonder if Spanish speaking news was covering COVID as seriously as english MSM. These families were babies, toddlers, grade school, young parents, old parents, and abuelitas. 

6 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The playgrounds in Mueller were overrun with kids all weekend with not a Clorox wipe in sight. It was 95% Hispanic families (no racisto) which made my wife wonder if Spanish speaking news was covering COVID as seriously as english MSM. These families were babies, toddlers, grade school, young parents, old parents, and abuelitas. 

The HOA parks and parks managed by our water district were closed last week.  Still lots of people on them.  School district closed the schools, but people still playing on the school playgrounds(because there wasn't a sign saying not to).  It's not just Spanish speaking demographic.  The people I am talking about are upper middle class white people.

Edited by 1978horn

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The playgrounds in Mueller were overrun with kids all weekend with not a Clorox wipe in sight. It was 95% Hispanic families...

There were probably multiple rags with spray bottles of Fabuloso.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

family guy im in love GIF

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^
Cameron.........yeah "healthy individual with strong lungs" is an extreme understatement on his part.  But it's great cause for concern 

Why are people self-medicating with these malaria drugs?  Particularly in Arizona where I'm guessing mosquitoes aren't the issue they are here in Texas.  

And Wally, you can't bash Dan Patrick here...no politics.  For instance, I cannot discuss that I know for a concrete fact that he is a closeted homosexual.  

They drank FISH TANK CLEANER.  You sound about as dumb as they are.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

So in a city that's 40% Hispanic, you saw a bunch of Hispanic people at a playground?  Wow, that is huge news.  

Since this is a no-politics thread, I guess I won't go out on a limb and assume who you voted for.  

But what I can say, is I'm guessing you're not that smart.  Which would explain your voting history.  And that's fine, the world needs sheep.  

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

They drank FISH TANK CLEANER.  You sound about as dumb as they are.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/arizona-coronavirus-chloroquine-death/index.html

I know CNN is fake news to you, but the compound is also used in drugs made to combat malaria.  There isn't a global health service on the planet that doesn't use some form of that drug to treat malaria.  Yes, it is also a compound found in fish tank cleaner.  

Since we can't talk politics on here, the encouragement for why this couple tried this risky self-medication will be lost to time...

I love that you're reduced to clinging to the notion that this is just a couple in a particular voting demographic that happened upon a bad idea at a PetCo.  When any rational human knows what they did and precisely why they did it.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away