Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's Saturday, Oct 3rd, 2015 and we're getting blwon out by 7 TDs at TCU. You're the fucktard saying "just wait until Charlie gets his guys in there".

Because if there's anything we know as Texas fans, it's that we should just allow the incompetent leaders that got us into a huge mess in the first place continue tonmanage the crisis and hope they'll just learn to not be shitty.

You see, many of us care about Texas football discussions. Many of us on this thread do not care about politics or insist on discussing it. Keep posting though, because I feel like you’re in the range of being someone that can be negged into banning if you keep the political hawt takes firing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Holy shit you fucking people. Are we not allowed to talk about the fucking coaching in a game thread? Does what happens on the field start and end with only what's on the field? Or does the decisions made by the leaders of the team leading up to, during, and after the game also fucking matter and make a material difference on the outcome?

I'm not being hyperbolic to say that people are going to do dumb things and make dumb decisions because of the inconsistent messaging. There's evidence to show that is the case. Those bad decisions - the state of Florida not closing its beaches, small town Texas acting like nothing is going on, etc - are going to have very real and meaningful consequences in terms of health outcomes.

It's not about teams or parties, it's about making the best decisions to give all of us the best shot at getting through the pandemic. That includes the people driving the bus that we're all on together doing and saying things that make sense and are backed by medical experts.

I've been collecting negs for saying that we shouldn't end social distancing in a week, as what the plan appears to be. I don't hold that opinion because "orange man bad", I hold that opinion because that's what the medical experts around the country and on the COVID-19 task force say is their opinion. 

You fuckers are just so upset at someone disagreeing with you, that you're looking for any reason to ignore and disengage. I haven't been bringing partisan bullshit or broad brush attacks against people for their political beliefs in here. 

ShoddyLimpingIvorybilledwoodpecker-small

Wanna know how I know you are a partisan hack? You start with "You fucking people" then proceed to bring up "orange man bad" 

Incredible attempt at moving the goalposts as well, it failed, but hell, the way you were getting toasted, it was worth a shot

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

While I am cool with liquor stores staying open I can personally attest that this is not true. When I was drinking it was a handle of vodka one day and a box of wine the next. No withdrawals on the wine days. 

That said, most food deserts are not liquor deserts, and yes, the drunks do need their fix. 

So do drug addicts, for that matter, and if the border shutdowns are effective a whole bunch of them are about to be crawling out of their skins. 

everybody is different.....trust me dude there are alcoholics out there that have drank vodka long enough and hard enough....that beer and wine will not hold them 

39 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We have several tenant improvement projects currently underway.  Where we normally have subs from different trades working simultaneously in space, we are staggering and limiting the work to a single trade at a time.

We also have a MASSIVE ground up development that has basically stopped.  And it is going to be brutally expensive.

On the ground up project, has it broken ground yet?  It's obvious that developers are going to undoubtedly suspend new projects, but I'm curious how many will push on with active projects vs. shuttering half-way through construction.  I guess that's a cost-benefit analysis comparing future investment to complete, tenant viability, debt service and degradation of an unfinished structure among other factors.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's Saturday, Oct 3rd, 2015 and we're getting blwon out by 7 TDs at TCU. You're the fucktard saying "just wait until Charlie gets his guys in there".

Because if there's anything we know as Texas fans, it's that we should just allow the incompetent leaders that got us into a huge mess in the first place continue tonmanage the crisis and hope they'll just learn to not be shitty.

Sick burn, dude.  Can someone do a welfare check on CTJ to make sure he survived this scathing attack.   I hope I never get on your bad side.  Yes, I’m channeling Futureman.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Constant said:

No idea, my man. We still haven’t been told whats what. I think most of the teeth of the deal belongs to code enforcement/health department. I’m not positive, though.

Spent all last night blocking traffic for a major incident and it was surreal as people thought it was for the order. Tons of people getting out their cars waving their little “im essential” letter. Feel like we’re in a doomsday movie  

That’s pretty sad that people are dumb enough to think there are going to checkpoints all over where they have to wave a piece of paper anybody could print out, to get to their job at the grocery store or whatever.     They actually think police want to stand around interacting with a shit ton of people every day in the middle of a pandemic.

Since you’re here, some of us are probably wondering about the comment below..

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I guess that’s better than them tearing into their wife and children. 

So are domestic violence calls going up?   Because it seems like in this thread alone, we will have some wives murdering husbands.  

32 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

How did those calls go? I'm a real estate developer that was just about to sign a $7MM construction loan with a hard completion date.  The force majeure provision was limited with no pandemic language.

Now this lender has temporarily closed up shop and isn't funding any draws.   Nice, right?  I understand construction crews needing to push forward, but how long does this go on if the lenders don't fund.  Hopefully this ends soon and we don't have to find out.

The calls I participated on were primarily preparatory in nature.  To your point, our three largest construction projects all have limited force majeure provisions with no pandemic-specific language just as you described.  We're going to see if our February 20 draws fund by March 31 and use that as a barometer for work continuation.  We're not over-extended too terribly much if we limit it to that timeline.  Our GCs have indicated that the jobs are on track to fund.  

Despite all that, we are absolutely tightening up our receivables.  We have reduced our DSO by 15% in the last week.  On the service side, we've started collecting payment at time of services rendered, even for long-standing customers who have terms, but we're waiving credit card processing fees.  This has really expedited payment, and the decrease in exposure through AR has outweighed the credit card fees we will incur.   I'm trying to build up as much runway as possible to float as many employees as possible as long as possible if work really does get shut down.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Your words to God's ears.  I had a good relationship with a construction lender pre 2008 (since closed by the FDIC) where I could negotiate some loan doc revisions here and there.  Since then?  A pretty firm 'go fuck yourself' from any construction lender I tried to work with.  No revisions to docs, nada.  Want our money? Great, here are our terms. Sign it or don't.

I was already reticent to sign beforehand, but now? Either close up my own shop or quite literally take the plunge.

Private capital has been looking for some action lately with all the shit in the stock market. Could reach out to some of those guys. Broadmark, Grace, etc.. all do construction loans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

It’s clear that the quarantine is going to turn into Thunderdome pretty quickly.  I am looking forward to it.

brb  I need to check my wardrobe

1 hour ago, G650 said:

ETA: Even in Italy the road contractors are still working.

Even in the best of times "working" is a stretch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spaulding Smails said:

On the ground up project, has it broken ground yet?  It's obvious that developers are going to undoubtedly suspend new projects, but I'm curious how many will push on with active projects vs. shuttering half-way through construction.  I guess that's a cost-benefit analysis comparing future investment to complete, tenant viability, debt service and degradation of an unfinished structure among other factors.

I think you have to push through in most cases.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The lack of testing options is still frustrating. I have a family member in Travis County that has been preliminary diagnosed with Covid by a doctor, but they're not allowed to take an official test.

I get the concept that a test doesn't help the individual get better but it does help our public health officials make decisions. If we just hide the numbers, we won't get past this.

The problem that I have is that these are the people who should get treated with Z pack and hydroxychloroquine. Don't waste the stuff if it is short supply on patients on ventilators and doctors who want to use it prophylactically.

• Like 1

Just now, Bevo said:

The problem that I have is that these are the people who should get treated with Z pack and hydroxychloroquine. Don't waste the stuff if it is short supply on patients on ventilators and doctors who want to use it prophylactically.

You want people that have mild symptoms to be treated with a drug that is in limited supply and unproven? I completely disagree with that. It should be used on people that are doing poorly not someone with a low grade fever.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You see, many of us care about Texas football discussions. Many of us on this thread do not care about politics or insist on discussing it. Keep posting though, because I feel like you’re in the range of being someone that can be negged into banning if you keep the political hawt takes firing. 

Oh no, not a neg rep! My precious internet points! 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 30

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Private capital has been looking for some action lately with all the shit in the stock market. Could reach out to some of those guys. Broadmark, Grace, etc.. all do construction loans.

That's where I'm at. Higher interest rate for limited personal guarantee.

Private lenders are weird as shit, very loosey goosey on loan administration - completely different from traditional banks.  One thing they have in common is refusal to revise construction loan docs. 

Edited by Mach 1

42 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

How did those calls go? I'm a real estate developer that was just about to sign a $7MM construction loan with a hard completion date.  The force majeure provision was limited with no pandemic language.

Now this lender has temporarily closed up shop and isn't funding any draws.   Nice, right?  I understand construction crews needing to push forward, but how long does this go on if the lenders don't fund.  Hopefully this ends soon and we don't have to find out.

Not a single one of the lenders we work with has stopped funding draws.  

1 minute ago, Mach 1 said:

That's where I'm at. Higher interest rate for limited personal guarantee.

Private lenders are weird as shit, very loosey goosey on loan administration - completely different from traditional banks.  One thing they have in common is refusal to revise construction loan docs. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan in my experience, but the banks have gotten almost out of the development business, so there's not a lot of options.

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Cedar Park to close all public and HOA parks starting tomorrow morning.  Pools, splash pads, water fountains too.  It makes perfect sense, I’m sorta glad the weather was bad last week so I couldn’t take the kids anyways but it’s incredible how limited options are to keep 3/6yo kids busy.  

Here in Austin they normally turn off the fountains in the parks in winter, or at least around freezes.,   They should have had them off early on.   Anyways....on the one hand, lot of dumbass parents who will let their kids all over the equipment, and no way to properly sanitize that - kids that age are always touching their faces/mouths.   

On the other hand, the parks provide a good place for folks to get some breathing room, and if people displayed some common sense, we should be able to keep them open.  

Unfortunately, wrapping playground equipment in caution tape and putting up signs saying “don’t let your kids on here due to the covid outbreak” is the equivalent of telling dog owners to keep their dogs leashed in a park.   It won’t take many to fuck things up for the rest of us.  

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Here is the exempt list, it is very long. 

Reveal hidden contents

HEALTHCARE / PUBLIC HEALTH

• Workers providing COVID-19 testing; Workers that perform critical clinical research needed for COVID-19 response
  • Caregivers (e.g., physicians, dentists, psychologists, mid-level practitioners, nurses and assistants, infection control and quality assurance personnel, pharmacists, physical and occupational therapists and assistants, social workers, speech pathologists and diagnostic and therapeutic technicians and technologists)
  • Hospital and laboratory personnel (including accounting, administrative, admitting and discharge, engineering, epidemiological, source plasma and blood donation, food service, housekeeping, medical records, information technology and operational technology, nutritionists, sanitarians, respiratory therapists, etc.)
  • Workers in other medical facilities (including Ambulatory Health and Surgical, Blood Banks, Clinics, Community Mental Health, Comprehensive Outpatient rehabilitation, End Stage Renal Disease, Health Departments, Home Health care, Hospices, Hospitals, Long Term Care, Organ Pharmacies, Procurement Organizations, Psychiatric Residential, Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers)
  • Manufacturers, technicians, logistics and warehouse operators, and distributors of medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), medical gases, pharmaceuticals, blood and blood products, vaccines, testing materials, laboratory supplies, cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting or sterilization supplies, and tissue and paper towel products
  • Public health / community health workers, including those who compile, model, analyze and communicate public health information
  • Blood and plasma donors and the employees of the organizations that operate and manage related activities
  • Workers that manage health plans, billing, and health information, who cannot practically work remotely
  • Workers who conduct community-based public health functions, conducting epidemiologic surveillance, compiling, analyzing and communicating public health information, who cannot practically work remotely
  • Workers performing cybersecurity functions at healthcare and public health facilities, who cannot practically work remotely
  • Workers conducting research critical to COVID-19 response
  • Workers performing security, incident management, and emergency operations functions at or on behalf of healthcare entities including healthcare coalitions, who cannot practically work remotely
  • Workers who support food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals, such as those residing in shelters
  • Pharmacy employees necessary for filling prescriptions
  • Workers performing mortuary services, including funeral homes, crematoriums, and cemetery workers
  • Workers who coordinate with other organizations to ensure the proper recovery, handling, identification, transportation, tracking, storage, and disposal of human remains and personal effects; certify cause of death; and facilitate access to mental/behavioral health services to the family members, responders, and survivors of an incident

LAW ENFORCEMENT, PUBLIC SAFETY, FIRST RESPONDERS

• Personnel in emergency management, law enforcement, Emergency Management Systems, fire, and corrections, including front line and management
  • Emergency Medical Technicians
  • 911 call center employees
  • Fusion Center employees
  • Hazardous material responders from government and the private sector.
  • Workers – including contracted vendors -- who maintain, manufacture, or supply digital systems infrastructure supporting law enforcement emergency service, and response operations.

FOOD AND AGRICULTURE

• Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies, convenience stores  and other retail that sells human food, animal/pet food,  and beverage products
  • Restaurant carry-out and quick serve food operations - Carry-out and delivery food employees
  • Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees—to include those employed in food processing (packers, meat processing, cheese plants, milk plants, produce, etc.) facilities; livestock, poultry, seafood slaughter facilities; pet and animal feed processing facilities; human food facilities producing by-products for animal food; beverage production facilities; and the production of food packaging
  • Farm workers to include those employed in animal food, feed, and ingredient production, packaging, and distribution; manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of veterinary drugs; truck delivery and transport; farm and fishery labor needed to produce our food supply domestically
  • Farm workers and support service workers to include those who field crops; commodity inspection; fuel ethanol facilities; storage facilities; and other agricultural inputs
  • Employees and firms supporting food, feed, and beverage distribution, including warehouse workers, vendor-managed inventory controllers and blockchain managers
  • Workers supporting the sanitation of all food manufacturing processes and operations from wholesale to retail
  • Company cafeterias - in-plant cafeterias used to feed employees
  • Workers in food testing labs in private industries and in institutions of higher education
  • Workers essential for assistance programs and government payments
  • Employees of companies engaged in the production, storage, transport, and distribution of chemicals, medicines, vaccines, and other substances used by the food and agriculture industry, including pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, minerals, enrichments, and other agricultural production aids
  • Animal agriculture workers to include those employed in veterinary health; manufacturing and distribution of animal medical materials, animal vaccines, animal drugs, feed ingredients, feed, and bedding, etc.; transportation of live animals, animal medical materials; transportation of deceased animals for disposal; raising of animals for food; animal production operations; slaughter and packing plants, renderers, and associated regulatory and government workforce
  • Workers who support the manufacture and distribution of forest products, including, but not limited to timber, paper, and other wood products
  • Employees engaged in the manufacture and maintenance of equipment and other infrastructure necessary to agricultural production and distribution

ENERGY

Electricity industry:

• Workers who maintain, ensure, or restore, or are involved in the development, transportation, fuel procurement, expansion, or operation of the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power, including call centers, utility workers, reliability engineers and fleet maintenance technicians
  • Workers needed for safe and secure operations at nuclear generation
  • Workers at generation, transmission and electric blackstart facilities
  • Workers at Reliability Coordinator (RC), Balancing Authorities (BA), and primary and backup Control Centers (CC), including but not limited to independent system operators, regional transmission organizations, and balancing authorities
  • Mutual assistance personnel
  • IT and OT technology staff – for EMS (Energy Management Systems) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, and utility data centers; Cybersecurity engineers; cybersecurity risk management
  • Vegetation management crews and traffic workers who support
  • Environmental remediation/monitoring technicians
  • Instrumentation, protection, and control technicians

Petroleum workers:

• Petroleum product storage, pipeline, marine transport, terminals, rail transport, road transport
  • Crude oil storage facilities, pipeline, and marine transport
  • Petroleum refinery facilities
  • Petroleum security operations center employees and workers who support emergency response services
  • Petroleum operations control rooms/centers
  • Petroleum drilling, extraction, production, processing, refining, terminal operations, transporting, and retail for use as end-use fuels or feedstocks for chemical manufacturing
  • Onshore and offshore operations for maintenance and emergency response
  • Retail fuel centers such as gas stations and truck stops, and the distribution systems that support them

Natural and propane gas workers:

• Natural gas transmission and distribution pipelines, including compressor stations
  • Underground storage of natural gas
  • Natural gas processing plants, and those that deal with natural gas liquids
  • Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facilities
  • Natural gas security operations center, natural gas operations dispatch and control rooms/centers natural gas emergency response and customer emergencies, including natural gas leak calls
  • Drilling, production, processing, refining, and transporting natural gas for use as end-use fuels, feedstocks for chemical manufacturing, or use in electricity generation
  • Propane gas dispatch and control rooms and emergency response and customer emergencies, including propane leak calls
  • Propane gas service maintenance and restoration, including call centers
  • Processing, refining, and transporting natural liquids, including propane gas, for use as end-use fuels or feedstocks for chemical manufacturing
  • Propane gas storage, transmission, and distribution centers

WATER AND WASTEWATER

Employees needed to operate and maintain drinking water and wastewater/drainage infrastructure, including:

• Operational staff at water authorities
  • Operational staff at community water systems
  • Operational staff at wastewater treatment facilities
  • Workers repairing water and wastewater conveyances and performing required sampling or monitoring
  • Operational staff for water distribution and testing
  • Operational staff at wastewater collection facilities
  • Operational staff and technical support for SCADA Control systems
  • Chemical suppliers for wastewater and personnel protection
  • Workers that maintain digital systems infrastructure supporting water and wastewater operations

TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS

• Employees supporting or enabling transportation functions, including truck drivers, bus drivers, dispatchers, maintenance and repair technicians, warehouse workers, truck stop and rest area workers, and workers that maintain and inspect infrastructure (including those that require cross-jurisdiction travel)
  • Employees of firms providing services that enable logistics operations, including cooling, storing, packaging, and distributing products for wholesale or retail sale or use.
  • Mass transit workers
  • Workers responsible for operating dispatching passenger, commuter and freight trains and maintaining rail infrastructure and equipment
  • Maritime transportation workers - port workers, mariners, equipment operators
  • Truck drivers who haul hazardous and waste materials to support critical infrastructure, capabilities, functions, and services
  • Automotive repair and maintenance facilities
  • Manufacturers and distributors (to include service centers and related operations) of packaging materials, pallets, crates, containers, and other supplies needed to support manufacturing, packaging staging and distribution operations
  • Postal and shipping workers, to include private companies
  • Employees who repair and maintain vehicles, aircraft, rail equipment, marine vessels, and the equipment and infrastructure that enables operations that encompass movement of cargo and passengers
  • Air transportation employees, including air traffic controllers and maintenance personnel, ramp workers, aviation and aerospace safety, security, and operations personnel and accident investigations
  • Workers who support the maintenance and operation of cargo by air transportation, including flight crews, maintenance, airport operations, and other on- and off- airport facilities workers

PUBLIC WORKS

• Workers who support the operation, inspection, and maintenance of essential dams, locks and levees
  • Workers who support the operation, inspection, and maintenance of essential public works facilities and operations, including bridges, water and sewer main breaks, fleet maintenance personnel, construction of critical or strategic infrastructure, traffic signal maintenance, emergency location services for buried utilities, maintenance of digital systems infrastructure supporting public works operations, and other emergent issues
  • Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
  • Support, such as road and line clearing, to ensure the availability of needed facilities, transportation, energy and communications
  • Support to ensure the effective removal, storage, and disposal of residential and commercial solid waste and hazardous waste

COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

Communications:

• Maintenance of communications infrastructure- including privately owned and maintained communication systems- supported by technicians, operators, call-centers, wireline and wireless providers, cable service providers, satellite operations, undersea cable landing stations (including cable marine depots and submarine cable ship operators), Internet Exchange Points, and manufacturers and distributors of communications equipment
  • Workers who support radio, television, and media service, including, but not limited to front line news reporters, studio, and technicians for newsgathering and reporting
  • Workers at Independent System Operators and Regional Transmission Organizations, and Network Operations staff, engineers and/or technicians to manage the network or operate facilities
  • Engineers, technicians and associated personnel responsible for infrastructure construction and restoration, including contractors for construction and engineering of fiber optic cables
  • Installation, maintenance and repair technicians that establish, support or repair service as needed
  • Central office personnel to maintain and operate central office, data centers, and other network office facilities
  • Customer service and support staff, including managed and professional services as well as remote providers of support to transitioning employees to set up and maintain home offices, who interface with customers to manage or support service environments and security issues, including payroll, billing, fraud, and troubleshooting
  • Dispatchers involved with service repair and restoration

Information Technology:

• Workers who support command centers, including, but not limited to Network Operations Command Center, Broadcast Operations Control Center and Security Operations Command Center
  • Data center operators, including system administrators, HVAC & electrical engineers, security personnel, IT managers, data transfer solutions engineers, software and hardware engineers, and database administrators
  • Client service centers, field engineers, and other technicians supporting critical infrastructure, as well as manufacturers and supply chain vendors that provide hardware and software, and information technology equipment (to include microelectronics and semiconductors) for critical infrastructure
  • Workers responding to cyber incidents involving critical infrastructure, including medical facilities, SLTT governments and federal facilities, energy and utilities, and banks and financial institutions, and other critical infrastructure categories and personnel
  • Workers supporting the provision of essential global, national and local infrastructure for computing services (incl. cloud computing services), business infrastructure, web-based services, and critical manufacturing
  • Workers supporting communications systems and information technology used by law enforcement, public safety, medical, energy and other critical industries
  • Support required for continuity of services, including janitorial/cleaning personnel

OTHER COMMUNITY-BASED GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

• Workers to ensure continuity of building functions
  • Security staff to maintain building access control and physical security measures
  • Elections personnel
  • Federal, State, and Local, Tribal, and Territorial employees who support Mission Essential Functions and communications networks
  • Trade Officials (FTA negotiators; international data flow administrators)
  • Weather forecasters
  • Workers that maintain digital systems infrastructure supporting other critical government operations
  • Workers at operations centers necessary to maintain other essential functions
  • Workers who support necessary credentialing, vetting and licensing operations for transportation workers
  • Customs workers who are critical to facilitating trade in support of the national emergency response supply chain
  • Educators supporting public and private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing other essential functions, if operating under rules for social distancing
  • Hotel Workers where hotels are used for COVID-19 mitigation and containment measures

CRITICAL MANUFACTURING

• Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, and for supply chains associated with transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base. Additionally, workers needed to maintain the continuity of these manufacturing functions and associated supply chains.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS

• Workers at nuclear facilities, workers managing medical waste, workers managing waste from pharmaceuticals and medical material production, and workers at laboratories processing test kits
  • Workers who support hazardous materials response and cleanup
  • Workers who maintain digital systems infrastructure supporting hazardous materials management operations

FINANCIAL SERVICES

•  Workers who are needed to process and maintain systems for processing financial transactions and services (e.g., payment, clearing, and settlement; wholesale funding; insurance services; and capital markets activities)
  • Workers who are needed to provide consumer access to banking and lending services, including ATMs, and to move currency and payments (e.g., armored cash carriers)
  • Workers who support financial operations, such as those staffing data and security operations centers

CHEMICAL

• Workers supporting the chemical and industrial gas supply chains, including workers at chemical manufacturing plants, workers in laboratories, workers at distribution facilities, workers who transport basic raw chemical materials to the producers of industrial and consumer goods, including hand sanitizers, food and food additives, pharmaceuticals, textiles, and paper products.
  • Workers supporting the safe transportation of chemicals, including those supporting tank truck cleaning facilities and workers who manufacture packaging items
  • Workers supporting the production of protective cleaning and medical solutions, personal protective equipment, and packaging that prevents the contamination of food, water, medicine, among others essential products
  • Workers supporting the operation and maintenance of facilities (particularly those with high risk chemicals and/or sites that cannot be shut down) whose work cannot be done remotely and requires the presence of highly trained personnel to ensure safe operations, including plant contract workers who provide inspections
  • Workers who support the production and transportation of chlorine and alkali manufacturing, single-use plastics, and packaging that prevents the contamination or supports the continued manufacture of food, water, medicine, and other essential products, including glass container manufacturing

DEFENSE INDUSTRIAL BASE

• Workers who support the essential services required to meet national security commitments to the federal government and U.S. Military. These individuals, include but are not limited to, aerospace; mechanical and software engineers, manufacturing/production workers; IT support; security staff; security personnel; intelligence support, aircraft and weapon system mechanics and maintainers
  • Personnel working for companies, and their subcontractors, who perform under contract to the Department of Defense providing materials and services to the Department of Defense, and government-owned/contractor-operated and government-owned/government-operated facilities

So a solid chunk of Austin is exempt.  

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I agree with that.  I suspect early detection and rapid med initiation (HCHQ/Azith) before complications arise will end up being very helpful (certainly hope so).  The front line health care prophylaxis part is TBD, but I do not fault a single one for attempting it if constant exposure without adequate PPE is their reality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You want people that have mild symptoms to be treated with a drug that is in limited supply and unproven? I completely disagree with that. It should be used on people that are doing poorly not someone with a low grade fever.

The med supply part should be getting relief as of last week.  The lag right now is best recommendations for use.  The French study showed that viral loads largely went undetectable in 6 days post med cocktail initiation.  Covid patients who go unmedicated have shed virus for up to 20 days.  Also, once the pneumonia sets in and you're on a vent, there's a scale of damage that's been done that is likely a lot less responsive to HCHQ/Azith.  As the specter of rationing care looms, to the extent med supplies are inadequate (don't think that's the bottleneck), who gets the meds ?  Steering supplies to uncomplicated cases likely helps improve total outcomes while also reducing spread. Ultimately, it may be that treating those with early testing/diagnosis will result in fewer hospitalizations/ICU beds/vents, so this needs to be urgently addressed.   We're getting hit with the surge over the next 2-3 weeks and unfortunately there are too many complex factors with too little time to stop that today.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

can you fuckwads go back to posting graphs and shit?

No, we definitely need 20 posts shitting on one borderline political post and, of course, multiple posts of ctj's word diarrhea since he doesn't have recruiting news to feed his fragile ego.

That's clearly a better strategy than just negging a post and ignoring it, if you feel it is too political for your taste.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Look up the mortality rate of COVID-19 patients on ventilators and then get back with me so that we can discuss.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Please. I've responded to you three times now. Meanwhile greenspoint can't make one post in this thread without you writing a multiple paragraphs long response rambling about how he's an alarmist. And some of those posts have just been news reports with factual information.

Seems to me that you're the one who obsesses over others, mr self important.

Say what you will about GreenspointTexas, at least he's an ethos. And highly entertaining.

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

From ED doc:
“I think we are days to weeks away from being forced to ration care”

Is this erectile dysfunction doctor predicting a viagra shortage?

nurses got to work too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

From ED doc:
“I think we are days to weeks away from being forced to ration care”

Is this erectile dysfunction doctor predicting a viagra shortage?

Hell I’ve been married 27 years, I’ve experienced rationing care of my erections forever.  No problem!

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The lack of testing options is still frustrating. I have a family member in Travis County that has been preliminary diagnosed with Covid by a doctor, but they're not allowed to take an official test.

I get the concept that a test doesn't help the individual get better but it does help our public health officials make decisions. If we just hide the numbers, we won't get past this.

Yeah, I mentioned somebody I know a few days ago trying to get tested.  They finally got tested (no results yet), but now a family member has some symptoms, and is being refused an actual test, even though the doctor thinks they should be.   If person #1 is positive, she will get a test, but she’s in a holding pattern.

What the officials keep saying about testing is not matching up with what’s happening.   I told her she need to go to a news station like KXAN.

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The med supply part should be getting relief as of last week.  The lag right now is best recommendations for use.  The French study showed that viral loads largely went undetectable in 6 days post med cocktail initiation.  Covid patients who go unmedicated have shed virus for up to 20 days.  Also, once the pneumonia sets in and you're on a vent, there's a scale of damage that's been done that is likely a lot less responsive to HCHQ/Azith.  As the specter of rationing care looms, to the extent med supplies are inadequate (don't think that's the bottleneck), who gets the meds ?  Steering supplies to uncomplicated cases likely helps improve total outcomes while also reducing spread. Ultimately, it may be that treating those with early testing/diagnosis will result in fewer hospitalizations/ICU beds/vents, so this needs to be urgently addressed.   We're getting hit with the surge over the next 2-3 weeks and unfortunately there are too many complex factors with too little time to stop that today.

To be clear, that study was incomplete and at least one patient died while during the study, and several just disappeared.  And it's unknown if lowering the viral load reduces contagiousness or even fatalities.

I think it's ok to use the medicine humanely but to just start giving mass dosages is irresponsible. Just because Fox News is promoting it, it doesn't mean it's ready for off label use for millions.

I also know that many studies are quickly being fast tracked which is great.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Loco said:

Is Chicken Tikka Masala essential?   I say yes!

Their 'lockdown' is very similar to what we've been doing in Texas for a week, and the SiPs that we've been doing all over the country.  Their list of essential business looks very much like ours.

https://qz.com/india/1824459/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-guidelines-for-essential-services/

I thought we were doing it wrong, but the PM of India is citing us as an example of how to do it.

Invoking the examples of other coronavirus-hit countries like Italy and Iran, he warned that India isn’t immune to the global pandemic if citizens defy social distancing. “People in countries like the USA have adhered strictly to the quarantine guidelines laid down by the government, which is how they are restricting the spread of Covid-19,” he said while explaining the importance of isolation.

Just now, UT_OB1 said:

I thought we were doing it wrong, but the PM of India is citing us as an example of how to do it.

I think this falls under the "silent majority". Most people are following it, but they don't get noticed and don't get "called out" on social media. 

Dog bits man vs. man bites dog.

• Like 1

Well, I got really drunk last night and slept in. It took me a while to get caught up on this thread.  I must say that it has a real old school Shaggy feel to it now.  I like it.  CR dipshits need to keep posting here because it brings out the best in the normal posters.  It's also pretty telling to see the ones that pos rep a CR dipshit versus the ones that neg them. 

• Like 6

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away