Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

America: we’re gonna get owned

India: hold my beer

india, nope we best be worried about latin america and mexico.

america will live but zombie basement neighbors are shit out of luck.

looks like will only will need that wall for a bit longer.

unless the hot, humid climate saves them. 

then we can thank climate change and el nino.

Edited by brakeman

9 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Interesting observation, about 100 less deaths today than yesterday in New York, despite a similar increase in cases, a sign the hydroxychloroquine trials may be working? About 200 less deaths today than yesterday nationwide. Half of the reduction coming from New York. 

God willing. 

• Like 1

Interesting observation, about 100 less deaths today than yesterday in New York, despite a similar increase in cases, a sign the hydroxychloroquine trials may be working? About 200 less deaths today than yesterday nationwide. Half of the reduction coming from New York. 
Fewer
  • Like 5

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Well if we pull an Italy and don't count old folks homes...

Speaking of old folks home, only in Texas   What the fuck

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/denton-county-reports-17-new-cases-of-covid-19-including-5-at-dsslc/2341456/

Health officials in Denton County reported 17 new cases of COVID-19 Sunday, including five additional cases in residents at the Denton State Supported Living Center.

The 17 cases bring the county-wide total to 165, while the number of residents at the DSSLC who have tested positive for coronavirus is at 45, according to Denton County Public Health.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-county-reports-10th-death-49-new-cases-bringing-total-to-488/2341381/

Jenkins said the woman had been a resident at the Edgemere retirement community near West Northwest Highway. She was one of four positive cases — three residents and one employee — reported at Edgemere.

At the Skyline Nursing Center on Burgoyne Street, near South Westmoreland Road, four other positive cases were confirmed with two additional pending cases, Jenkins said. 

All four residents at Skyline with confirmed cases have been hospitalized, Dallas County Health and Human Services Director Phil Huang said.

Another positive case was reported at the Monticello West community on McKinney Avenue near U.S. Highway 75, which is not thought to be a cluster case. 

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

As if that is even a question at this point. There won’t be any school in this country, anywhere, for the rest of this year.

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

AISD is meeting tomorrow to decide if they just cancel school for the rest of this school year.

I hope they are meeting on Zoom

• Haha 1

Just now, CooterBrown said:

AISD is meeting tomorrow to decide if they just cancel school for the rest of this school year.

They have already decided to cancel school. The AISD is meeting tomorrow to spread coronavirus and act like they are doing something.

Seriously though, teachers are going to get paid either way. Students don't want to go to school. And parents don't want their kids going to school. And politicians don't want the grief. There is no real decision making and there will be no real debate.

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

This was referenced upthread by @MNLonghornFUKM, but now it's been finalized.  US deaths way down today (by about 50%).  Hopefully, this is the start of a flattening.  

No no no this is the thread for cheerleading rises in death tolls and fear mongering only.  Get that hope and positivity bullshit outta here!

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

They aren’t canceling the year, they are talking about going online for the rest of the year, and they are prepping the teachers and doing surveys to see what families will need help going online.   Canceling school, full-stop would fuck over thousands of seniors, and would cause a lot of chaos on how to handle whether kids should move up or not.  

We haven’t seen a huge spike in numbers, Abbott is slow-rolling any major decisions for the state, and AISD has been putting a lot into prepping teachers (my wife has been involved) and getting the frameworks set for everything from ARDs to lower-income families needing help for all of the online stuff.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

On a different note, some folks in Dallas are going to ruin it for everybody, because people aren’t using common sense on distancing 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-threatens-park-closures-if-residents-dont-adhere-to-social-distancing/2341572/

Officials said park rangers will begin to more strictly monitor the 6-feet social distancing guidelines.

"You'll see basketball hoops coming down. You'll see us move form the posture of friendliness -- we'll always be friendly -- but you'll see some ticketing enforcement in situations like that," Jenkins said.

Nothing yet. My guess is that we will eventually say classes are cancelled indefinitely as Hays did. It keeps you from having to play the week extension at a time game. It leaves the door open to coming back this year if something drastically changes but also signals that people better start buying into the online learning that will be provided. Pure guesswork though.

This is the last week of optional activities vs required coursework. We should know some specifics for requirements starting tomorrow. I talked to an assistant principal at a low income school and he guesses that 25% of his kids will participate. Not really sure what you do with that other than let it go. Technology devices have been collected, inventoried and should be available for pickup soon. Packets of work have been going out at locations where food is being distributed with more sites on the way. I will be doing that starting Wednesday.

Pflugerville ISD starts their required coursework tomorrow so we will see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They aren’t canceling the year, they are talking about going online for the rest of the year, and they are prepping the teachers and doing surveys to see what families will need help going online.   Canceling school, full-stop would fuck over thousands of seniors, and would cause a lot of chaos on how to handle whether kids should move up or not.  

We haven’t seen a huge spike in numbers, Abbott is slow-rolling any major decisions for the state, and AISD has been putting a lot into prepping teachers (my wife has been involved) and getting the frameworks set for everything from ARDs to lower-income families needing help for all of the online stuff.  

All the early calls to use this opportunity to fix income inequality have disappeared.

But the arrival of 5G presents another opportunity: equal bandwidth for all.  The Deathstar & Verizon may not like it.  Or maybe they should subsidize it with all of the tax credits they got for the infrastructure they never built.  The nordics, Korea and Singapore have free highspeed wifi for everyone.

The Corona proves that a dipshit lowest common denominator is a threat to NATIONAL SECURITY and if you don't want universal income then you have no choice but to hand out universal bandwidth.  In the new currency measurement, how many F-35s does it take to provide 10 masks and free bandwidth for every citizen?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A lot of school districts have already started that, including Conroe ISD where my wife works and son goes to school.  She's already held a couple of ARDs and will begin doing speech therapy this week, albeit at a reduced time frame.  I'm pretty sure that they will just go ahead and pass any kids in good standing onto the next grade, but my worry as the parent of a 6th grader is that my son will not be prepared for 7th grade.  He will have missed 3 months of instruction, and let's face it, the online school they will do for the res tof the year is a poor substitution for actual classroom instruction.  I am curios as to what 7th grade will look like for him. Will the first 3 months of school be catching up what they missed the year before?  Will he be prepared at he end of 7th grade for 8th grade?  The effects of this are going to ripple for a few years I'm afraid and I think, much like 9/11, people will talk about times in pee-corona and  post-corona terms. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Nothing yet. My guess is that we will eventually say classes are cancelled indefinitely as Hays did. It keeps you from having to play the week extension at a time game. It leaves the door open to coming back this year if something drastically changes but also signals that people better start buying into the online learning that will be provided. Pure guesswork though.

Just so we are clear, you are taking in-person classes, right?   School my wife is working with is designing lessons, etc, with the idea  of them switching to online classes, using Zoom, etc.     I know they’ve been busy prepping a lot of online stuff.

It would be odd for AISD to shut down everything completely, when area school districts are going fully online, and when it’s screw over seniors, etc. and would put even more kids behind come August.  

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

A lot of school districts have already started that, including Conroe ISD where my wife works and son goes to school.  She's already held a couple of ARDs and will begin doing speech therapy this week, albeit at a reduced time frame.  I'm pretty sure that they will just go ahead and pass any kids in good standing onto the next grade, but my worry as the parent of a 6th grader is that my son will not be prepared for 7th grade.  He will have missed 3 months of instruction, and let's face it, the online school they will do for the res tof the year is a poor substitution for actual classroom instruction.  I am curios as to what 7th grade will look like for him. Will the first 3 months of school be catching up what they missed the year before?  Will he be prepared at he end of 7th grade for 8th grade?  The effects of this are going to ripple for a few years I'm afraid and I think, much like 9/11, people will talk about times in pee-corona and  post-corona terms. 

Even if they do pass everyone, will schools be open by the time next school year comes around?

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just so we are clear, you are taking in-person classes, right?   School my wife is working with is designing lessons, etc, with the idea  of them switching to online classes, using Zoom, etc.     I know they’ve been busy prepping a lot of online stuff.

It would be odd for AISD to shut down everything completely, when area school districts are going fully online, and when it’s screw over seniors, etc. and would put even more kids behind come August.  

Yeah the AISD terminology is weird. When they say classes are cancelled, they mean in person classes. School is technically still in session and will continue to be through the end of the semester. Only way we continue to be funded and thus pay people.

15 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, next year is going to be the real bitch of this, especially in math. The kids have to have the concepts from the previous year or they will be completely lost. However, there arent enough days in the year to make up 1/3 of last years curriculum plus the current year. Prediction time: math staar scores are going to suck next year.

Lolz at online public school. Most people are poor (nobody here). Both parents work (yes they're still leaving the house every day). They may or may not have wifi or a computer. Public school IQs range from 20 to 150. This works for college online instruction, but for the non pre AP type of dipshit this will be a disaster. See you in September kids.
  • Like 1

Perhaps there might be a pattern of Asian countries being less than totally forthcoming about the CV-19?  As the article implies (perhaps better said -- as it points out), Japan's explosion related to CV-19 coincides nicely with the Olympics postponement.  Hmmm...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-tokyo-olympics-coronavirus-20200330-fwlj7xw7rfb6jfkjh5iafplzsq-story.html

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Read more  

Lolz at online public school. Most people are poor (nobody here). Both parents work (yes they're still leaving the house every day). They may or may not have wifi or a computer. Public school IQs range from 20 to 150. This works for college online instruction, but for the non pre AP type of dipshit this will be a disaster. See you in September kids.

I don’t disagree but the other option is education employees start missing paychecks. Gotta give it a good faith effort. It will also be a great test of what works and what doesn’t. God forbid we ever have to do something like this again.

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

This was referenced upthread by @MNLonghornFUKM, but now it's been finalized.  US deaths way down today (by about 50%).  Hopefully, this is the start of a flattening.  

Well, well, well. I don’t know what in the fuck you two think you’re doing, but it is obvious you’re trying to slip a few fastballs by us here in the later hours, so let me help you out with a few key pointers to counteract the positivity here. 

1) It’s a Sunday. The past 3 have had weird lulls. Same for this one.

2) We’re all going to die, and soon. 

3) We’re all Italy, only 7 weeks behind. 

4) Some people here saw a few things today that invalidate all other positive thoughts. One guy saw multiple people in the same vehicle on a few occasions. Another guy saw people within shouting distance of one another at a grocery store and only a couple of psychopaths weren’t wearing masks.

According to my calculations, that means 750,000 are going to die by Mother’s Day and you are a traitorous piece of shit for thinking otherwise. 

So yeah, pull yourselves together and get that cyanide pill back within arm’s reach of being ingested, because nothing else matters. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Well, well, well. I don’t know what in the fuck you two think you’re doing, but it is obvious you’re trying to slip a few fastballs by us here in the later hours, so let me help you out with a few key pointers to counteract the positivity here. 

1) It’s a Sunday. The past 3 have had weird lulls. Same for this one.

2) We’re all going to die, and soon. 

3) We’re all Italy, only 7 weeks behind. 

4) Some people here saw a few things today that invalidate all other positive thoughts. One guy saw multiple people in the same vehicle on a few occasions. Another guy saw people within shouting distance of one another at a grocery store and only a couple of psychopaths weren’t wearing masks.

According to my calculations, that means 750,000 are going to die by Mother’s Day and you are a traitorous piece of shit for thinking otherwise. 

So yeah, pull yourselves together and get that cyanide pill back within arm’s reach of being infested, because nothing else matters. 

You should target that aggression at your nosy neighbor, and then tell us what happens.

• Like 3

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away