Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Worldometer closing 7pm stats

They jumped after I posted this last night so whatever went unreported were added to yestedays totals.

Deaths spiked 1-200. 1point3 has us +100 from yesterday and WoM has us at +200. We’ll see how it looks after they officially account what happened/when

Cases still around 20k for wOm, 20,7000 on 1p3. Not seeing a true exponential growth in cases per day for the 3rd straight day

26 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Rumor amongst the olds that my parents talk to is that if you need a ventilator you’re already toast. It buys enough time to measure the coffin.

Talking to my folks is a blast lately.

I've read something like 70% don't come off alive. 

20 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dammit accidentally negged you.. it's showing a heart on  my end, but a red "1".  Must rectify

I don't pay much attention to that stuff anyway. I don't think I have ever gone back and checked who negged me and even if I did, I wouldn't hold it against them unless it was an obvious non-Surly troll.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not seeing a true exponential growth in cases per day for the 3rd straight day

Or it’s like China, and we are seeing the limitations of testing, and so it’s flattening artificially.   

Texas, for instance, should be seeing a helluva lot more testing with a state that has over 29 million folks, with a helluva lot of travelers, and a major international port, and a long international border.    According to friends and family, clusters are popping up in Oklahoma and Arkansas as well, that are not being reflected in the data.   And we know Florida and Louisiana are complete shitshows. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Wow!!! That is very exciting. I presume our history books will each get a new chapter detailing the valiant efforts of Shane and his gash, as they overcame nearly insurmountable hurdles and managed to set up a go fund me campaign. Just the two of them. I can hardly believe it.

Great....wash some cars, bake some cookies, finger each others b-holes on chaturbate...whatever it takes to earn some cash. Fucking lulz at "giving back to their community" by filling out a web form that effectively asks others to donate. I'm gonna assume this is Paige's doing, and Bueche went along so he continues to get action. Cause I dont see many Buecheles on the donor list.

This is how you Surly.

(BTW, Blake Brockermeyer has donated $250.)

• Like 1

Or it’s like China, and we are seeing the limitations of testing, and so it’s flattening artificially.   
Texas, for instance, should be seeing a helluva lot more testing with a state that has over 29 million folks, with a helluva lot of travelers, and a major international port, and a long international border.    According to friends and family, clusters are popping up in Oklahoma and Arkansas as well, that are not being reflected in the data.   And we know Florida and Louisiana are complete shitshows. 

Social life shut down could also be playin into effect. We’re at 19 days since the nba shut er down. A lot of everything followed suit

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Worldometer closing 7pm stats

They jumped after I posted this last night so whatever went unreported were added to yestedays totals.

Deaths spiked 1-200. 1point3 has us +100 from yesterday and WoM has us at +200. We’ll see how it looks after they officially account what happened/when

Cases still around 20k for wOm, 20,7000 on 1p3. Not seeing a true exponential growth in cases per day for the 3rd straight day

Daily cases in NYC were essentially flat from yesterday (up 38 to 2,747); the 4 days prior to that were all 3,100 or above, as high as 4,400 2 two ago. Baby steps, sample size, etc, but definitely a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

[Dumb Medical/Science Question]Then why even put them on a ventilator?[/Dumb Medical/Science Question]

Not dumb at all. Some foreign countries are triaging and only ventilating healthy people with no underlying conditions under the age of 65.

51 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Can suitable masks be made from vacuum cleaner bags?  If it has been mentioned before I missed it.

Thanks

You can, though I recommend getting the AC filters from Home Depot with the FPR 12.  They still have plenty of those, I bought a few of the larger ones.  Plenty of material there to make a mask or to cut filters for a reusable rig.   I have some P100 respirators and was thinking to make a pre-filter for those since replacement cartridges are long gone. 

I also got a couple gallons of denatured alcohol that I use to clean heavier duty latex dipped shop gloves.  Not safe for homemade hand sanitizer but works just fine to sterilize the gloves for continual use.  Those disposable latex jobs are getting out of control, got gas yesterday and it looked like the restroom in pease park circa 1995 with all the discarded rubber.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It's true that crises bring out the best, and worst, in people.

Put a bullet in his head on the spot and televise it. Tell the rest of the hoarders that they have 24 hour amnesty to turn over their PPE to the nearest hospital or they line up for the same fate. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

certainly one per agent and if one dies you bring it up to capital murder

Yeah, I read that as he coughed on the masks and not the agents, but I’ve also been day-drinking.  One attempted murder for every mask, or agent, would be fine by me 

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

And the other 30% seem to have very damaged lungs with decreased function. Time will tell if that damage is permanent

Most lung damage like that is permanent. I’m 39 and have some small scars that show up on chest x-rays from a severe case of double pneumonia I had about 8 years ago 

20 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

You can, though I recommend getting the AC filters from Home Depot with the FPR 12.  They still have plenty of those, I bought a few of the larger ones.  Plenty of material there to make a mask or to cut filters for a reusable rig.   I have some P100 respirators and was thinking to make a pre-filter for those since replacement cartridges are long gone. 

I also got a couple gallons of denatured alcohol that I use to clean heavier duty latex dipped shop gloves.  Not safe for homemade hand sanitizer but works just fine to sterilize the gloves for continual use.  Those disposable latex jobs are getting out of control, got gas yesterday and it looked like the restroom in pease park circa 1995 with all the discarded rubber.  

Aren't those filters made out of fiberglass?  If so, you probably don't want to cut those without a mask...

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Most lung damage like that is permanent. I’m 39 and have some small scars that show up on chest x-rays from a severe case of double pneumonia I had about 8 years ago 

Yeah, just depends on with breathing treatments whether that damage is debilitating long term

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Why is she wearing a mask in her house when the article says wear it in public?  And who’s the perv taking the picture through her window and night and where are the rest of those pics?

Edited by Digdogger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

This evening 

• I bleach wiped a load of groceries from HEB that were delivered, and felt like I won $20 in the lottery when we got decent bananas and a few dozen eggs 
  • Had to listen to a virtual play date my first grader had with a friend over FaceTime, where they discussed Hot Wheels, LEGO, and which classmates might have covid (its replaced cooties apparently)
  • Planned a week’s worth of “homework” recommended by my kid’s teacher.  Not “required” but recommended.  
  • Spent half an hour on Zoom with several friends planning a Dungeons and Dragons game for later in the week.  Some of us haven’t played in 30 years, but Amazon ran a sale on D&D starter and essential kids a few days ago, and the idea took off among our little group.  

spacer.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

These dipshits should have recommended this a month ago. Turns out the people who were laughing at the mask wearers were the actual morons.

Would’ve been great, if there were actually masks for people to buy/wear. 

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

[Dumb Medical/Science Question]Then why even put them on a ventilator?[/Dumb Medical/Science Question]

That low % still represents a LOT of patients.  There isn't a week that goes by that I don't have someone off a vent on our rehab unit that goes on to make a full recovery.  

• Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away