Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Just now, Beau Vine said:

The stat from "-Professor Ricciardi, scientific advisor to Italy Health Minister?"  What's "Professor Ricciardi's first name?  What's the Italy Health Minister's name?

Looks like they’re trying to distinguish death by COVID and death due to COVID w/ underlying conditions to argue it’s not as bad as “THE MEDIA!!!” is making it 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

read the last 3 pages and didnt see anything about this story.

at least 28 out of 70 spring breakers who took a chartered flight to Mexico 16 days ago have tested positive,  the vast majority of them are UT students......

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/austin-health-officials-investigating-after-group-of-spring-breakers-return-test-positive-for-covid-19/269-0fc400da-9712-455d-b884-99e7b5c2fa34

willing to bet at least a few of these folks have instagrams showing at least some covid related stupidity.....

Too bad they did not fall off a cliff. To soon? 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Looks like they’re trying to distinguish death by COVID and death due to COVID w/ underlying conditions to argue it’s not as bad as “THE MEDIA!!!” is making it 

There is a huge difference between deaths "caused by CV-19" and deaths "associated with CV-19."  There's probably not a lot of effort being placed upon that distinction while in the heat of battle, but it will certainly be studied for years to come.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Unlike you, I don’t care if she’s a political hack or not. Don’t get so offended when her tweet has NOTHING to do with politics.

I went and found the full quote. This might seem novel to you, but I don’t blindly accept things people say as fact just because I agree with their ideology:

“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says. 

This does not mean that Covid-19 did not contribute to a patient's death, rather it demonstrates that Italy's fatality toll has surged as a large proportion of patients have underlying health conditions.

There’s no new information in that quote. We know it fucks up people with health problems. This stat might actually make it scarier, because it means there were roughly 1500 people (so far) in Italy that were basically totally fine until they caught this virus and it killed them. 

And I know things like research and evidence don’t matter to you, but it’s one guy in Italy saying this. I still can’t find his source. He may be correct, but still I’ve seen no evidence corroborating him. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

We haven’t been out in a few weeks but we struggle with the thought that “Dylan” the delivery dude who makes $10 an hour and plays video games with his buds when he gets home while taking a few hits on the community bong, and who coughs all over the groceries, is practicing appropriate hand washing and other healthy practices.

So instead, we know that if we stay as far away as possible from other people while picking up groceries, we might actually have a lower probability of catching something.

When you go pick them up yourself you're still exposing yourself to touching the cart even if you cleaned it, every box or piece of food when you put it in the cart, the card reader etc etc not to mention stockers are also touching every piece. Then you might be passing by some area where someone might have recently coughed. Or vice versa you could be the one doing it to others. I prefer ordering them for pickup at kroger. When I arrive I sanitize what makes sense in the garage, let whatever can sit there for a day, and then wash the fruits and veggies in the sink. 

Just now, Helobious said:

I went and found the full quote. This might seem novel to you, but I don’t blindly accept things people say as fact just because I agree with their ideology:

“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says. 

This does not mean that Covid-19 did not contribute to a patient's death, rather it demonstrates that Italy's fatality toll has surged as a large proportion of patients have underlying health conditions.

There’s no new information in that quote. We know it fucks up people with health problems. This stat might actually make it scarier, because it means there were roughly 1500 people (so far) in Italy that were basically totally fine until they caught this virus and it killed them. 

And I know things like research and evidence don’t matter to you, but it’s one guy in Italy saying this. I still can’t find his source. He may be correct, but still I’ve seen no evidence corroborating him. 

da bullet didn't kill him.

it wuz the hole that allowed all da blood to run outta there...

image028.png

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

I just get HEB to deliver. Plan ahead because the wait time is a week. If you need beer just use Favor.

Had Favor deliver 15 items from HEB today. I think Shipt can do it next day. HEB curbside was like til April 9. We ordered stuff from Curbside from Sam's we will pick up tomorrow.

I’ve seen a few things that align Italy and New York having about 1.5% mortality rate for the healthy. NY was like 14 fatalities with no conditions out of 9xx deaths dated March 31

Very small sample size tho

Is there some kind of ignore function for replies where two people go at it like two women with PMS for 20 posts and the "oops, I didn't know I wasn't in the CR" or "how was that completely political post about a politician political?"  This would cut down my reading time by 50%.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No sir, the PCR test for active infection was negative and I’m completely asymptomatic.  

Who notifies the patients you treated? How's that handled?  Even asymptomatic I assume there's risk? Might be a dumb question there. 

8 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Who notifies the patients you treated? How's that handled?  Even asymptomatic I assume there's risk? Might be a dumb question there. 

I'll step in and say that results come back to the ordering physician in most cases and the staff or doc will notify the patient.

Edited by Newdoc
typing like winning is really really hard

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

same. letting the pervert 'stache grow and no haircuts. fuck it, its corona and i'm at home 22.5 hrs a day. i ain't trying to dress up for anyone.

you can't fool us, you are in county...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Oh yeah, the facilities and everyone already knows.  Negative now and the time period I was positive we had almost zero readmits back to the hospital including patients we successfully weaned off tracheostomies.  Also several respiratory patients we had between now and then were tested and zero positives until this week in these buildings...and the couple positive I actually never saw personally.  The rest of our team is breathing a bit easier.  Especially physical therapists who are very hands on with these patients and very worried they may be spreading this - you should still be cautious but evidence shows if you're not very symptomatic you're very likely shedding less virus / less contagious.  Again, full precautions as always but this helps with anxiety.  And places are on pins and needles right now.  It's sad seeing the stress get to people but it really is getting to more than a few.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Is there some kind of ignore function for replies where two people go at it like two women with PMS for 20 posts and the "oops, I didn't know I wasn't in the CR" or "how was that completely political post about a politician political?"  This would cut down my reading time by 50%.

50%? Surly, would just be a bunch of blank pages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

We haven’t been out in a few weeks but we struggle with the thought that “Dylan” the delivery dude who makes $10 an hour and plays video games with his buds when he gets home while taking a few hits on the community bong, and who coughs all over the groceries, is practicing appropriate hand washing and other healthy practices.

So instead, we know that if we stay as far away as possible from other people while picking up groceries, we might actually have a lower probability of catching something.

So instead you go to the grocery store where Dylan's buds work, stocking shelves?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone wants to be depressed, the guest on the Peter Attia podcast (same guy on Rogan podcast a couple of weeks back, Michael Osterholm, Director of Infectious Disease Research at U Minn) is still pretty pessimistic across the board.  Didn't take notes but from what i recall, he thinks CFR will be over 1% (doesn't believe China's death stats are close to accurate), massive concerns about supply chain of existing drugs manufactured in China + PPE and the big issue now is testing component supply chain.   We're going to lose ability to mass test when we need it most because we're running out of materials.  Also mentioned he thinks any talk of vaccine being available before end of year or early '21 is a pipe dream.  

One thing he mentioned I(that I feel like I've seen mentioned numerous times the last couple of days) is that in US so far, the vast majority of the young patients with severe cases are obese.   

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh for sure, I'm walking around like I won the damn lotto.  

"Suck my dick, I have COVID antibodies."

you should just walk around treating patients with some flip flops, jams shorts, and a wife beater t-shirt that says "what me worry?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Haha, the issue right now is there’s not even a code to bill the damn things.  They need to change that fast to motivate labs to do them.  

But they say cash is king, so?

Sorry I do have another question(s). What % of the staff tested positive for antibodies?  Will that info be released to the general public?

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

That's exactly what she's trying to do.

7 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Whoa... Hold on mother fucker. Thems fighting words. You will not bad mouth young Italian women you punk ass bitch.

Let me provide you with exhibit A, B and C

elisa_sednaoui_by_bruno_barbazan_02.thumb.jpg.8cf7d1bb269f9df8787354049573266e.jpg63acca5589b544824d074b3650a2299c.jpg.c09d5b542e03bfc201d0209c8b782d82.jpgmelissa-satta-at-stroili-boutique-opening-in-milan-citylife-shopping-district-011217_7.thumb.jpg.465c868953a19dddc82ff68fb9279d54.jpgxmelissa-satta-p.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.YzJHrsQswP.jpg.a2c38d546835d9ce74ceb71ae271ecf9.jpgMelissa-Satta-hot-2.thumb.jpeg.9e3c117c7f8a8b569c72e7d89944afbd.jpegcristina-buccino-at-unicef-summer-gala-in-porto-cervo-italy-2.thumb.jpg.de73bbd9f2d041a27254779bd1851637.jpgcristina-buccino-attends-amfar-gala-at-la-permanente-in-milan-italy-220918_9.thumb.jpg.ecc8ade85bb92d28ec97b2c74c1af9e3.jpgimages.jpeg.9150819f3793f944033bac96b88b6ddb.jpeg1080full-cristina-buccino.thumb.jpg.e1650db33f63e74dc271c0a14e3761b8.jpg

Question me on "healthy looking Italians" one more time. Go ahead, I dare you.

I question you good sir. What are you going to do about it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If anyone wants to be depressed, the guest on the Peter Attia podcast (same guy on Rogan podcast a couple of weeks back, Michael Osterholm, Director of Infectious Disease Research at U Minn) is still pretty pessimistic across the board.  Didn't take notes but from what i recall, he thinks CFR will be over 1% (doesn't believe China's death stats are close to accurate), massive concerns about supply chain of existing drugs manufactured in China + PPE and the big issue now is testing component supply chain.   We're going to lose ability to mass test when we need it most because we're running out of materials.  Also mentioned he thinks any talk of vaccine being available before end of year or early '21 is a pipe dream.  

One thing he mentioned I(that I feel like I've seen mentioned numerous times the last couple of days) is that in US so far, the vast majority of the young patients with severe cases are obese.   

CFR of confirmed cases 1%.  not close to 1% of  estimated cases.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

That's exactly what she's trying to do.

Now THAT would be bullshit.  Irregardless of the mortality of Covid, the issues it creates does create higher mortality, not to mention the destruction of our normal lives, the economy, yada yadda yada...

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Now THAT would be bullshit.  Irregardless of the mortality of Covid, the issues it creates does create higher mortality, not to mention the destruction of our normal lives, the economy, yada yadda yada...

Covid and covid with underlying causes should all be together.  just wait for the battle over the estimated case factor. no one even batted an eye during H1N1 when they said 60M had it.  It started as soon as Fauci gave his estimate.

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Dumb question alert!

Is there a point in this when it becomes strategic to intentionally infect the lowest risk people and quarantine them for 2-3 weeks as known positives, so they can no longer be unknowing spreaders later on?

I nominate you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Dumb question alert!

Is there a point in this when it becomes strategic to intentionally infect the lowest risk people and quarantine them for 2-3 weeks as known positives, so they can no longer be unknowing spreaders later on?

interesting thought but would never happen.  the better thing is to get the anitbody test out there asap.

No sir, actual PCR test for active infection was already negative.  I'm free to live.  This test is key to slowly getting us out of quarantine.  Huge proponent. 

I’ve been hoping for widescale antibody testing. Had some symptoms and a persistent cough but I’m not raising my hand until it’s available to the public without burden on medical resources. I’m not fancy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just got my results back.  IgG positive. Meaning I had it.  Wife was negative too.  So that means I likely had it after being with NYC people 4 straight weekends starting in early Feb.  She was in Europe 3 weeks in MidFeb to early March.  It also means the theory you don't shed much virus if you're asymptomatic seems true.  I see a metric shitton of old people and they would have been dropping like flies in our facilities. 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No sir, actual PCR test for active infection was already negative.  I'm free to live.  This test is key to slowly getting us out of quarantine.  Huge proponent. 

This is great news. Thanks for the update.

Celebrate with a brat and a beer and keep your spirits up.

• Like 3

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away