Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

I've found placing Amazon Fresh orders about 3 am usually gets you a delivery window within 48 hours. Can't buy one during normal hours, but they seem to open up in the middle of the night, much like South Austin's mom.
They're pretty backed up. Drivers show up for deliveries and sit their entire block without getting anything to deliver. Free money.

3 hours ago, po elvis said:

My girlfriend has been doin her own strange religious thing before bed every night. She has something going on YouTube and is repeatedly saying something while she clutches her rosary. I have been sleeping on the couch. She also has something taped to the front window that I think is supposed to keep the virus from entering the house. I am letting her take care of all that for me.

The taped item on the front window is a signal to me that you’re sleeping on the couch and the bedroom window is open. The rosary clutching is her repeatedly asking God for forgiveness.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Very mild cough.  Zero fevers.  No bodyaches. Didn’t miss any work/workouts etc. Really felt like the mildest of colds.    

What blood type are you? I’m creating a spreadsheet and already have you checked as an inbred meth user (Oklahoma defaults) and will take any other pertinent data you’re willing to provide. I don’t think beating women is relevant to my research. 

Seriously, it’s outstanding to hear these antibody tests are rolling out and that you beat this shit without even realizing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

The taped item on the front window is a signal to me that you’re sleeping on the couch and the bedroom window is open. The rosary clutching is her repeatedly asking God for forgiveness.

What blood type are you? I’m creating a spreadsheet and already have you checked as an inbred meth user (Oklahoma defaults) and will take any other pertinent data you’re willing to provide. I don’t think beating women is relevant to my research. 

Seriously, it’s outstanding to hear these antibody tests are rolling out and that you beat this shit without even realizing.

Well, Got damn, you got me nailed...

O pos and I'm really curious about any blood type correlation with outcomes/COVID.  Keep us updated. 

• Like 1

Y'all chill out. I got this:

Huh. I’m thinking that the Covid didn’t hear him, cuz it’s still around. Maybe he should try it louder. Or maybe he should sacrifice himself by tossing himself into a volcano. He should really be willing to try anything - this is important.

45 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I’ve been hoping for widescale antibody testing. Had some symptoms and a persistent cough but I’m not raising my hand until it’s available to the public without burden on medical resources. I’m not fancy

Nice knowing you, bro

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

you can't fool us, you are in county...

it'd make my grocery runs safer, thats for sure. Alas, i'm walking the pup 1-2 hours a day, making grocery runs, or walking in the park/running alone on a track or the streets. I don't interact with people in public but i'm sure as hell not staying inside 24/7 for weeks at a time. I can't, the pup won't let me.

Whats the best image hosting site for surly? Should be in the 40s-50s so there should be people out all over. Maybe because Queens is more residential, and while no one is congregating, the streets sure as hell don't look desolate by any means. Fewer people sure, but not even close to empty.

Welp, FT has changed their charting methodology. The silver lining committee will have to reassess, and potentially move to the per capita rate charts linked up thread as the committee progresses its sunshine pumping in the middle of the pandemic.  In the mean time, the evening interim update from the committee is FUCK CHINA. Their data is garbage.

Capturec.jpg

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

There have been a lot of camparisons of US death rates to Italian death ratesa s well as talk of the economic issues of Covis. I figure, in the interest of promoting a more unified front, solidarity if you will, I would provide a upstanding Italian American worth an estimated $6M.

a1911559a94f2fc559797553281dcc36.jpg.249269f2d2c7b0c183a656789011a9d5.jpgunnamed.jpg.f5d639b0137f09ac780848ec9e533b3f.jpg952full-vanessa-hessler.thumb.jpg.8d967f7ff74b615c380adedac6142bd1.jpg740full-vanessa-hessler.thumb.jpg.2a6efc33763bf52f05874312c4c44fbe.jpg

Wolf Whistle GIF - Wolf Whistle Happy - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Welp, FT has changed their charting methodology. The silver lining committee will have to reassess, and potentially move to the per capita rate charts linked up thread as the committee progresses its sunshine pumping in the middle of the pandemic.  In the mean time, the evening interim update from the committee is FUCK CHINA. Their data is garbage.

Capturec.jpg

US with the ballistic missile trajectory from Missile Command trying to take out the cities. C'mon people, shelter in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Whoa... Hold on mother fucker. Thems fighting words. You will not bad mouth young Italian women you punk ass bitch.

Let me provide you with exhibit A, B and C

elisa_sednaoui_by_bruno_barbazan_02.thumb.jpg.8cf7d1bb269f9df8787354049573266e.jpg63acca5589b544824d074b3650a2299c.jpg.c09d5b542e03bfc201d0209c8b782d82.jpgmelissa-satta-at-stroili-boutique-opening-in-milan-citylife-shopping-district-011217_7.thumb.jpg.465c868953a19dddc82ff68fb9279d54.jpgxmelissa-satta-p.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.YzJHrsQswP.jpg.a2c38d546835d9ce74ceb71ae271ecf9.jpgMelissa-Satta-hot-2.thumb.jpeg.9e3c117c7f8a8b569c72e7d89944afbd.jpegcristina-buccino-at-unicef-summer-gala-in-porto-cervo-italy-2.thumb.jpg.de73bbd9f2d041a27254779bd1851637.jpgcristina-buccino-attends-amfar-gala-at-la-permanente-in-milan-italy-220918_9.thumb.jpg.ecc8ade85bb92d28ec97b2c74c1af9e3.jpgimages.jpeg.9150819f3793f944033bac96b88b6ddb.jpeg1080full-cristina-buccino.thumb.jpg.e1650db33f63e74dc271c0a14e3761b8.jpg

Question me on "healthy looking Italians" one more time. Go ahead, I dare you.

i dare you, more! B.e.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Wife was told today that St. Davids lost 15 nurses just in the past few days - all going to NY because they are paying so much $$ for RNs.  Hazard bonus is through the roof.

good for them, get your wallets out. healthcare worker bees are treated poorly in america.

c'mon texas/ merica'

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hospital systems claim to run super lean or at a loss, then all of a sudden they are paying huge numbers to get people in despite not being able to bill for a lot of stuff recently?  It doesn’t make sense. 

They wear out man. 14 days @ 12+ hours will kick your ass. You want people at their best since if they fuck up patients die, and so do they. The problem is how many places can afford to be NYC in straight cash? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

They wear out man. 14 days @ 12+ hours will kick your ass. You want people at their best since if they fuck up patients die, and so do they. The problem is how many places can afford to be NYC in straight cash? 

I got news for them - that big-ass bump in pay you got moving up here from Austin ain’t gonna stretch as far as you think, even if you can’t go anywhere...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Plus they'll have some highly relevant hands on experience to pass on when they return.

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:
The problem is how many places can afford to be NYC in straight cash? 

Very few. But Texas pay rates for RNs are atrocious. TBH this was inevitable. Texas is going to lose Nurses in the short term. If they come back is anyone’s guess.

Edited by Gardner Barnes

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Dumb question alert!

Is there a point in this when it becomes strategic to intentionally infect the lowest risk people and quarantine them for 2-3 weeks as known positives, so they can no longer be unknowing spreaders later on?

You should share your idea with Helmut Marko.

Capturec.jpg

Still bending which is good

Meanwhile in Panama (Yahoo news):

Panama City (AFP) - The government of Panama on Monday announced strict quarantine measures that separate citizens by gender in an effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

From Wednesday, men and women will only be able to leave their homes for two hours at a time, and on different days.

Until now, quarantine regulations were not based on gender.

Men will be able to go to the supermarket or the pharmacy on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and women will be allowed out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

No one will be allowed to go out on Sundays.

The new measures will last for 15 days.

"This absolute quarantine is for nothing more than to save your life," security minister Juan Pino said at a press conference.

According to Pino, more than 2,000 people were detained last week for not abiding by the quarantine.

Since the first case was reported on March 10, Panama has confirmed 1,075 cases of the coronavirus, 43 of which are in intensive care, and 27 deaths.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iodeac said:

So what are you guys doing about haircuts because I'm about this close to texting my friend who cuts my hair in barbershop place to ask if I can go over to her house two miles away and have her do it there, Corona be damned

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

Shaved it all off last week with a #2.  Figured I would have plenty of time for it to grow back, and turns out I am right.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Dumb question alert!

Is there a point in this when it becomes strategic to intentionally infect the lowest risk people and quarantine them for 2-3 weeks as known positives, so they can no longer be unknowing spreaders later on?

The fact is that we must develop a strategic mitigation plan to take us up through the point when a vaccine can be deployed. That plan must allow for low level spread. Several Far East Asian countries are already showing that mandatory mask usage coupled with reasonable self-isolation measures can slow the spread enough to not overwhelm their medical systems. The usage of masks also limits the initial viral load being received which is expected to lead to fewer bad outcomes. Since over half of us will probably get infected, and the herd immunity is a good thing, the goal among young healthy people should be to limit that initial viral load, rather than taking extreme measures to avoid infection.

After the initial spread is halted we need to resume work, using masks and distancing to limit the spread. Large gatherings and eating and drinking in public should be avoided and at risk populations should remain more isolated as much as possible. The second wave may end up fairly flat or we may have to go through a number of saw-tooth-like peaks where the virus spreads and stricter quarantine measures are applied to stop it. The experience in the Far East tells us that keeping it fairly flat should be possible.

The first known infection in Wuhan (not detection) occurred between 10 and 11 weeks before the quarantine. So that gives us a window that masks, isolation, and quarantine measures must be deployed well before the 10 week mark for infections in any large community in order to avoid higher mortality rates. Smaller communities must act sooner. This varies for every state and major city in the US, but the clock is ticking on the ones who are not taking enough action. Masks should already be mandatory in public and in work environments where people share an open space or HVAC system.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Wife was told today that St. Davids lost 15 nurses just in the past few days - all going to NY because they are paying so much $$ for RNs.  Hazard bonus is through the roof.

This is terrible news.  I hope none of them were the sexy ones

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Whoa... Hold on mother fucker. Thems fighting words. You will not bad mouth young Italian women you punk ass bitch.

Let me provide you with exhibit A, B and C

elisa_sednaoui_by_bruno_barbazan_02.thumb.jpg.8cf7d1bb269f9df8787354049573266e.jpg63acca5589b544824d074b3650a2299c.jpg.c09d5b542e03bfc201d0209c8b782d82.jpgmelissa-satta-at-stroili-boutique-opening-in-milan-citylife-shopping-district-011217_7.thumb.jpg.465c868953a19dddc82ff68fb9279d54.jpgxmelissa-satta-p.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.YzJHrsQswP.jpg.a2c38d546835d9ce74ceb71ae271ecf9.jpgMelissa-Satta-hot-2.thumb.jpeg.9e3c117c7f8a8b569c72e7d89944afbd.jpegcristina-buccino-at-unicef-summer-gala-in-porto-cervo-italy-2.thumb.jpg.de73bbd9f2d041a27254779bd1851637.jpgcristina-buccino-attends-amfar-gala-at-la-permanente-in-milan-italy-220918_9.thumb.jpg.ecc8ade85bb92d28ec97b2c74c1af9e3.jpgimages.jpeg.9150819f3793f944033bac96b88b6ddb.jpeg1080full-cristina-buccino.thumb.jpg.e1650db33f63e74dc271c0a14e3761b8.jpg

Question me on "healthy looking Italians" one more time. Go ahead, I dare you.

I question you!  I question you ten times over!  Do your best!  ......   please.

• Like 1

Very mild cough.  Zero fevers.  No bodyaches. Didn’t miss any work/workouts etc. Really felt like the mildest of colds.    
It's things like this that make me think it may have run through my family a few weeks back. I did have mild body aches and was pretty tired one day, but never had a fever. None of us had anything other than mild symptoms so it may have just been a cold. Sure would be nice to know.

Damn...just got this from my cousin...not a friend of a friend but my nurse cousin...outside of Denver. Matt is her husband...

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all healthy and staying inside

I send this - with no pressure - just to share the reality
This is my Emergency department, my Ed physician, my Ed technician

Our reality as we get deeper and closer to this "peak"
We don't have what we need to not get sick-
Everyday my nurses and techs and myself are given a new procedure mask (a coffee filter) that manufactures say should be changed every two hours, and we change it in the middle of a 12 hour shift, as the teams manager I have the same mask for the last week when I leave my office and go out into the department.
Each day is bringing some change guidelines that pushes the use of our protective equipment further

For my hospital today -
My team intubated 3 people in less than ideal protective equipment today
My staff is making their own masks
They are buying and brining in their own supplies.

I never imagined dealing with something like this -
And the reality is we done have enough to protect everyone
We are saving masks for our "peak" but by then my 3 staff I have our with similar symptoms and pending covid test will most likely triple

It's a lot -
Matt and I strip in the garage and wash hands before we come inside

I haven't hugged my mom or dad in 3 weeks

I don't mean to depress anyone, or guilt anyone, but shit is getting real
And each day it's more real
These types of stories are real, and they are real for me and Matt everyday.

3 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Damn...just got this from my cousin...not a friend of a friend but my nurse cousin...outside of Denver. Matt is her husband...

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all healthy and staying inside

I send this - with no pressure - just to share the reality
This is my Emergency department, my Ed physician, my Ed technician

Our reality as we get deeper and closer to this "peak"
We don't have what we need to not get sick-
Everyday my nurses and techs and myself are given a new procedure mask (a coffee filter) that manufactures say should be changed every two hours, and we change it in the middle of a 12 hour shift, as the teams manager I have the same mask for the last week when I leave my office and go out into the department.
Each day is bringing some change guidelines that pushes the use of our protective equipment further

For my hospital today -
My team intubated 3 people in less than ideal protective equipment today
My staff is making their own masks
They are buying and brining in their own supplies.

I never imagined dealing with something like this -
And the reality is we done have enough to protect everyone
We are saving masks for our "peak" but by then my 3 staff I have our with similar symptoms and pending covid test will most likely triple

It's a lot -
Matt and I strip in the garage and wash hands before we come inside

I haven't hugged my mom or dad in 3 weeks

I don't mean to depress anyone, or guilt anyone, but shit is getting real
And each day it's more real
These types of stories are real, and they are real for me and Matt everyday.

What a fucking embarrassment America is.

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 4

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away