Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, the unoriginal mockery for saying as much was a predictable given. What wasn't expected, but should have been, was that you fucking guys can't help but bring the politics into it. You're so clever with it, too. Cloak room trolls. 

You brought up the CR out of the blue in a response to one of my posts.

I have made no statements of a political nature on this thread.

Who exactly is the "troll" here?

• Like 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

It's like a game thread where we've blown a double-digit lead.

Sweet Jesus, this is more like Longhorn football than I ever wanted to see.

You've got the same multiple camps: the camp that saw our coaching and past performance and thought we were gonna be dogshit from the get-go, the camp that wanted to wait and see, got hopeful when we took a lead, and is now crestfallen to see us suck, and the sunshine pumpers who insist that if you look at underlying performance metrics (first downs, good use of some timeouts), we're fine, we'll recover the lead and win for sure.

Furk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

“It’s been 11 days straight of fever and sickness. He still has fever, and now a cough but he’s able to walk and talk and eat at least. (It had gotten so bad he asked me to check on his life insurance, poor thing.) Without the prayers of precious people all over the nation praying, we might would’ve had a different scenario,” 

Edited by Hmmm

You brought up the CR out of the blue in a response to one of my posts.
I have made no statements of a political nature on this thread.
Who exactly is the "troll" here?

He wasn’t talking to you. Back to your maths.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sweet Jesus, this is more like Longhorn football than I ever wanted to see.

You've got the same multiple camps: the camp that saw our coaching and past performance and thought we were gonna be dogshit from the get-go, the camp that wanted to wait and see, got hopeful when we took a lead, and is now crestfallen to see us suck, and the sunshine pumpers who insist that if you look at underlying performance metrics (first downs, good use of some timeouts), we're fine, we'll recover the lead and win for sure.

Furk.

Shit.  I can hear Mack at the podium making excuses now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

So this is what they meant on Big Bang Theory by anything goes Wednesdays. A little bit like WWE with all the sub-plots to keep up with. Just need to add a sweet soundtrack.

as long as it includes a Foghat or Thin Lizzy song I'm in.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey, this thread has been pretty solid don't come in here with this BS, you can fuck right off back to the CR.

Just last night you posted that the 100% political tweet from Candace Owens (pardon the redundancy) was interesting, so you're a flaming fucking hypocrite.

• Like 8

Just now, babysdaddy said:

Jimmy vs. CTJ wass always where we were going to end up.  Greenspoint is a pimp...but I didn't know until this day that it was Jimmyjazz all along

Them's fightin' words . . . GP probably agrees.

I'll say it again, I hope to God CTJ is right.

• Like 1

"Cloak room trolls".  Do you actually think I wasn't included in that reference? Back to your reading comprehension.

You just can’t help but be an arrogant prick with every single post can you? And you are correct, I missed the trolls part which of course you are one. I miss that rock you were under during the early days of this crisis.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

This thread is turning into the equivalent of one of those Japanese movies where all of the giant things fight each other but with the who's who of self-important Surly posters instead of Godzilla and Mothra.

So which one is Godzilla and which one is Mothra?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Just last night you posted that the 100% political tweet from Candace Owens (pardon the redundancy) was interesting, so you're a flaming fucking hypocrite.

I'm sorry, what are you talking about ?  I responded to a post about a tweet.  I have no idea who he or she is.  This virus has been killing people beyond just the actual coronavirus, so it's understandable that countries like Italy that are overwhelmed would quite potentially, and understandably report lots of deaths attributed to the virus that may have been something else, only aggravated by the virus.

Please show me where anything I said even remotely approaching a political post.

So you can piss right off, go white knight your pal in the CR.

EDIT:  Shout out to Beau Vine, He had me confused with another poster, and let me know. Always cool when a poster steps up and says they're sorry.  Class, and integrity ya can't hide it.  It's all fun, and games here anyway.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Except they couldn’t hide the fact that they were sending fake medical supplies. They probably have over 1 million active infections domestically. No way they have the capacity to sell internationally right now.

Long term, lots of countries are going to move the critical elements of their supply chain (medical, tech, energy) out of China. They’re going to suffer massively as a result of this.

I hope that every country sues them and if they don't want to pay damages, then nuke thier ass. They are basically a liability at this point.

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

does anyone have any info on hospitalizations and/or hospitalization rate of confirmed cases?

The only "real time" data that I know of is what the nerds over at Rice have put together.

https://www.coronavirusintexas.org/

Bottom right-hand corner of the map, labelled "Typical Bed Utilization Rate", is a yellow pie chart. For Texas, yesterday it was 47% and right now it's at 54.7%. I think it's a little poorly labelled and means the share of available beds that are being used, but I don't know.

As someone mentioned: Texas DSHS isn't updating for whatever reason and doesn't show that information. The local Travis County one doesn't publish it either, but Bexar County shows how many have been hospitalized. There, they're showing 207 confirmed cases with 57 hospitalizations, 9 deaths, and 44 recovered.

On a separate note, many folks just can't miss an opportunity to blame a crisis on Jews:  https://www.adl.org/blog/international-scapegoating-of-israel-and-jews-for-spreading-covid-19

Being from a family of Spanish Sephardic Jews, I am still amused at how people in this day and age still believe in shit like this.  

I hear people boast about how proud they are to be a fifth generation white Christian from some two-horse town and how at least they don't have no Jews in their neck of the woods and I take serious pity.  That your family never got smart or rich enough to move on to greener pastures is your source of pride?  /rant

24 minutes ago, drt said:

The tone today is markedly more surly.

12 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

So this is what they meant on Big Bang Theory by anything goes Wednesdays. A little bit like WWE with all the sub-plots to keep up with. Just need to add a sweet soundtrack.

March was like a year long. 

April 1 is off to an awful start. It’ll feel like 6 years 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So which one is Godzilla and which one is Mothra?

Godzilla:  2.5 MILLION DEATHS BY APRIL 4

Rodan: SHUT UP BITCH SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIED WILL ACTUALLY COME BACK TO LIFE

King Kong:  *clears throat*  Excuse me... Let me tell you about the time I climbed the Empire State Building, which is in New York City, better known as "The Center of the Known Universe"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Rodan: SHUT UP BITCH SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIED WILL ACTUALLY COME BACK TO LIFE

King Kong:  *clears throat*  Excuse me... Let me tell you about the time I climbed the Empire State Building, which is in New York City, better known as "The Center of the Known Universe"

Are there going to be Marshall Arts in this movie?

• Like 1

Listening to a UAL townhall there's over 1000 Americans still trapped in India. UAL is taking 6 787s over to rescue them. Would not want to be stuck over there, ever.

I assume these people will have been tested or at least have to quarantine for 14 days...I hope anyway.

Just saw Dr. Dan Barouch, who helped develop the COVID-19 vaccine, say they hope to start Phase 1 clinical trial in September. If everything goes well with testing emergency use authorization by early 2021.

• Like 1

Its amazing that NY/NJ is such an outlier hotzone for both cases and deaths.  the confirmed case/death rates are higher elsewhere but NY/NJ is crazy as an overall total.  You would think you would see something similar in Illinois/Chicago by now.

I wonder if Michigan's blow up would be traceable after this is over.

8 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Damn, my day is going better than most in here. I actually got some meat, fresh produce, AND toilet paper today. Now, if I could just find that oversized rectal thermometer I’ve been searching for.

Have you tried besthugecocks.com?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

The Empire State Building is actually in Manhattan, and if I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember that we have a Surly poster who lives in Manhattan.

• Like 3

Testing out the site to donate plasma.  Already have the direct line through some major academic hospital but this is the site for anyone positive who wants to donate plasma.  Let's see if it actually works.  If you all know others who were positive, definitely share.  Herd immunity and plasma therapy are going to be huge.  Also need antibody testing much more widespread obviously. 

https://qz.com/1828563/how-to-help-others-if-youve-recovered-from-covid-19/

• Like 2

You guys stop with this Godzilla talk, you’ll bring out the nerdy side of me. I’ve seen all 34 movies and own about 20. Last fall I spent $170 on the entire Showa series blu ray/DVD box set from Criterion Collection. Yes it was worth it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Testing out the site to donate plasma.  Already have the direct line through some major academic hospital but this is the site for anyone positive who wants to donate plasma.  Let's see if it actually works.  If you all know others who were positive, definitely share.  Herd immunity and plasma therapy are going to be huge.  Also need antibody testing much more widespread obviously. 

https://qz.com/1828563/how-to-help-others-if-youve-recovered-from-covid-19/

Maybe you answered and I missed it, but does your negative PCR test and positive antibody test get you counted in the official statistics? It kinda sucks if the answer is no.

Just now, wild_turkey said:

Maybe you answered and I missed it, but does your negative PCR test and positive antibody test get you counted in the official statistics? It kinda sucks if the answer is no.

It does not, I'm fairly certain.  And agree with you that it sucks. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away