Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

What's hard to do is reconcile this with things like the Biogen conference, or more recently, the choir practice in Seattle where damn near everyone got sick.  I guess there will always be "super spreader" events that are hard to explain but seems to vary.

The act of singing is like viral Napalm.

that’s what lit up that whole church population in SoKo leading to thousands of cases.  Scores of people side by side using their diaphragms to thrust through their larynxes at max frequency.  If talking is a dripping faucet, singing is a crop irrigation gun.

• Like 2

Dr. Fauci is receiving death threats in the last 24 hours.  So that's happening in our country right now.  The guy trying to save us.  Wow.  No CR you ignorant pieces of shit.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Dr. Fauci is receiving death threats in the last 24 hours.  So that's happening in our country right now.  The guy trying to save us.  Wow.  No CR you ignorant pieces of shit.  

who are you talking to?  stupid people on the internet are going to stupid. this is not news or new.

40 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

What kind of douchebag prof takes attendance at the university level??

One whose students turn in absolute shit work that takes forever to grade if they don't come to class.

If you act like a responsible adult, people will treat you like a responsible adult.  If you don't, they won't.  

It's not fucking complicated.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

One whose students turn in absolute shit work that takes forever to grade if they don't come to class.

If you act like a responsible adult, people will treat you like a responsible adult.  If you don't, they won't.  

Sounds like your class sucks. Don’t know where you teach but I’d venture to guess your class only starts to add students  once the desired profs are full. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

One of my good friends works offshore and one of the guys he works with and stays in the same room as got sick.  They sent him home and he’s self quarantined away from his family until the guys test comes back witch they said would be 5 days.....   

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Venus bright as fuck outside right now. Go outside a take a look.  It’s a beautiful night with a clear sky. 

We just took the dogs for a walk and saw it.  Other than the sun, it's about the brightest thing I've ever seen coming from the sky.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And you’re making it complicated. You stated the guy had too many absences (lol) but was doing “pretty well” which is likely a B average.   You might be better suited for teaching 2nd grade English where attendance and conduct matters. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

We just took the dogs for a walk and saw it.  Other than the sun, it's about the brightest thing I've ever seen coming from the sky.

So you missed that half circle about 30 degrees higher up while you were out?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Sounds like your class sucks. Don’t know where you teach but I’d venture to guess your class only starts to add students  once the desired profs are full. 

Never realized how similar you and your brother are until now...

• Haha 1

There has been some idiotic shit posted on all of these boards in the 20+ years I've been reading them, but this one is at the tops.  Congrats, you should be ashamed of yourself and I mean that 100%.  Fuck you, and I mean that too.  What the fuck is wrong with you?

He’s finally ascended to peak cunt form. All it took was a pandemic, his own narcissism, and a bob stoops size bag of dicks to do it.
  • Like 3

One of my good friends works offshore and one of the guys he works with and stays in the same room as got sick.  They sent him home and he’s self quarantined away from his family until the guys test comes back witch they said would be 5 days.....   

I’m on day 7 of being quarantined away from my family after one of my coworkers was tested and he still has not received his results yet. The testing process is insanely slow right now.

16 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Would be nice if that were true.  I actually don't give a single shit about whether all my students like me or not (spoiler: they don't). 

I have a job to do and I do it how I think is best for my students' futures using the knowledge and experience I have gained over the years.

If you're in higher ed, you'd know that 90% of the students in your classes would agree to take an A on the first day of the semester if you never showed up to work. 

• Like 6

Here is a good video about the suspected origin of the virus coming from the Wuhan lab.

I have followed him and his friend Serpentenza on youtube for many years their insights into China from the perspective of foreigners living there.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

What kind of douchebag prof takes attendance at the university level??

It’s a sad world when I find myself aligned with a guy who outed his own brother with horrible shit that has been held against him for a decade because this guy wanted to have some fun hating on his own family. But here we are. I’m with this guy on Beau Vine’s academic pomposity towards a student who deigned to miss class due to a natural disaster. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I’ve received death threats on the last few pages. Let’s not get dramatic. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

You are a weak shitheel suckling from the government teet while the world burns around you. You’re doing nothing and getting paid while you act above it all on this thread, Professor. Spare us your righteous indignation. Also, consider laying off the sauce with your posting habits.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

57 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Here is a good video about the suspected origin of the virus coming from the Wuhan lab.

I have followed him and his friend Serpentenza on youtube for many years their insights into China from the perspective of foreigners living there.

Fuck China 

• Like 2

Let's not get dramatic?  Several people are threatening to kill our nation's head of infectious diseases during a pandemic.  That's serious business.  They won't succeed but it's an incredible indicator of how psychologically fucked up certain portions of our population are.  

Apparently, 44 of the 70 who went on the Cabo charter have tested positive now?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/austin-spring-breakers-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

(CNN) — Dozens of spring breakers from Texas boarded a plane for fun and came home with coronavirus.

About 70 people in their 20s chartered a plane from Austin, Texas, to Mexico for spring break two weeks ago. They went against the advice of White House officials who asked that people avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 and nonessential air travel.

Now 44 of those people have tested positive for coronavirus -- all of them University of Texas at Austin students, a university spokesman told CNN on Wednesday.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a sad world when I find myself aligned with a guy who outed his own brother with horrible shit that has been held against him for a decade because this guy wanted to have some fun hating on his own family. But here we are. I’m with this guy on Beau Vine’s academic pomposity towards a student who deigned to miss class due to a natural disaster. 

I’ve received death threats on the last few pages. Let’s not get dramatic. 

You are a weak shitheel suckling from the government teet while the world burns around you. You’re doing nothing and getting paid while you act above it all on this thread, Professor. Spare us your righteous indignation. Also, consider laying off the sauce with your posting habits.

I outed my own brother?? Lol. Is that what that shitfucker made you all believe when he begged for leniency in the SSS? Bizarro world.  

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Who the fuck cares? Everyone gets them who is a public figure. Oprah. Ellen. Lebron. Hell, I have gotten some before and I am not even a public figure. This isnt news, this is clickbait bullshit for low information readers. 

• Like 3

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away