Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

37 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I disagree.  Sounds like bovine has adapted to the current fucktard generation he has inherited.  I've seen the grammar of some of our recent graduates and it's uphauling.  A few years ago i interviewed a former tridelt/cheer with a 3.4 transcript off the 40 who could not form compound sentences.  I wonder how in the hell she pulled a 3.4 out of McCombs.  Next door neighbor kid graduates next year and is sitting on a 3.7 in psychology, but when she talks she uses the word "like" every 4 to 5 seconds.

I know we have some youngs on here and simply by being on the Surl they get a pass.  The vast majority of their cohorts have zero situational awareness and are almost impossible to teach in the business world.

It is a privilege to attend The University.  Hold their fucking feet to the fire.  If they bitch, tell them they are welcome to transfer to Indoctrination Station.

When I was at UT, tuition was $16 an hour. I didn't feel too badly about missing a class. If I was paying today's prices, I'd be there every single day. 

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

That's weird. I don't remember quarantining in 2018

I don't know where he's getting those numbers. Here are the data directly from the CDC.

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

The combined death total estimated from two flu seasons was is 91,000 (CDC notes 2017-2018 was especially "severe." That would equal an average of roughly 350 deaths nationwide spread out over about 272 days. Now someone remind me again how many deaths we had across the country again and how far away are we from the peak?

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I don't know where he's getting those numbers. Here are the data directly from the CDC.

The combined death total estimated from two flu seasons was is 91,000 (CDC notes 2017-2018 was especially "severe." That would equal an average of roughly 350 deaths nationwide spread out over about 272 days. Now someone remind me again how many deaths we had across the country again and how far away are we from the peak?

I just want someone to point out to me the time in recent history when severe flu cases filled any American hospital ICU and took up all the ventilators.

That seems to be a rather significant difference.  So, if it's NOT a difference, please cite when it occurred.  

I'll wait.

Ha, I've thought about it with Brian Fantana's "Panda Watch!" voice in my head too. 
So far, we've got Dahobbs up on the  big board with 10,000 deaths per day by April 10th, which he reconfirmed yesterday. So, I guess he's thinking big with an overall number.
jimmyjazz projects 50,000 total as of April 15th, including hoping to see me and my family as part of the body count.
I believe briskettexan showed up early and matter of fact declared 2million but he might have had a range in there. 
atomheartbevo at one point believed that this was going to be 12 Monkeys bad but I don't think he stated a number. I assume he was just broadly thinking in the billions.
Anastasis is apparently a fellow sunshine-pumper and he's called for something in the 50's, I think for the year. 
Not sure who else has shown up with something. I've stated that jimmyjazz and dahobbs are wrong and it won't even be close, but now that Michigan has come completely and totally unhinged, I don't know, they've got to be feeling better about their chances. 
Don't forget Greenspoint said we'd be burying most of our family members by now.

41 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm beginning to wonder about the consequences of this hitting Russia hard.  Historically they haven't really given a shit about their population, and if they see the situation with the Teddy Roosevelt as being indicative of the state of our military they just might see an opportunity here.

Shit, throw China in that pot too.  Things could get really fucked up.

I’m not that worried about that at this time.  

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

It's not.  The words are right there.  You can't even read what you quoted.

I can't fathom how you're not banned yet.

But the death toll in America will absolutely hit five figures in the next few days.  It may hit six figures in the next few weeks.  It's not unthinkable that it hits seven figures before we get a vaccine.

This is not what you said on 3/26?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akhornfan said:

But the death toll in America will absolutely hit five figures in the next few days.  It may hit six figures in the next few weeks.  It's not unthinkable that it hits seven figures before we get a vaccine.

five figures could be 4000.0

• Like 1

Just now, akhornfan said:

Um, it's been 7 days and we're at almost 6,000.

By 9 or 10 days, it'll break 10,000.

I guess you're quibbling over the word "few"?

That's your big victory?

If I thought you were a real person, I'd be mortified.  But you're obviously trolling by doing this Fox News bullshit in a thread where people can't give you the response you deserve without getting political.  It must be great fun for you.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

That's your big victory?

If I thought you were a real person, I'd be mortified.  But you're obviously trolling by doing this Fox News bullshit in a thread where people can't give you the response you deserve without getting political.  It must be great fun for you.

well its never good to "call your shot" on the surl and be wrong.  this is known.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Welp, 4 year old has a fever of 102 today. She and the wife have been at home for at least two weeks while I've been working at the courthouse everyday. Wife is losing her shit right now.

Man shit. Best thoughts for you and yours. 

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That's your big victory?

Nobody means 9-10 days when they say a few and you’re going to miss your 100,000 dead in a few weeks too.  

it’s ok to just be wrong sometimes

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just want someone to point out to me the time in recent history when severe flu cases filled any American hospital ICU and took up all the ventilators.

That seems to be a rather significant difference.  So, if it's NOT a difference, please cite when it occurred.  

I'll wait.

Hurricanes aren’t supposed to hit New York!  It’s never happened before!

akshullyyyy...

That's your big victory?
I have no dog in this fight but I don't know anyone who interprets "a few days" as more than a week tops.

Just admit you overestimated and move on.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Check the link to the CDC website that I provided for that flu season. I did not type those words; they're a direct copy/paste from the CDC website.

Here, I'll paste it again with the link.

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I don’t understand the constant need to compare with the flu. They are both caused by a virus, and that’s about it.

It's actually pretty close to the flu in many ways.  The biggest differences of course being no inoculation and no resistance from having it before.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All this shit should be catalogued and charges pressed later on. And don’t buy it. 

Many online-marketplace realtors raise their prices to ridiculous values when they are out of inventory.  It's much easier to do that than deleting an item and re-adding it later.

Edited by JBJ

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think I prefer my subtle back handed slap because anyone who’s still using the “it’s just like the flu” mantra does not possess the mental facilities to process complex information much less my simple rebuke. That being said, I appreciate the information reinforcements 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Welp, 4 year old has a fever of 102 today. She and the wife have been at home for at least two weeks while I've been working at the courthouse everyday. Wife is losing her shit right now.

Hopefully, the cabana boy just had the flu.

So my 21 yo niece (NO PICS) is positive for COVID 19.  She lives at home with my brother’s whole family in SLC so they are all on quarantine.  She just posted a bunch of photos two days ago about her “amazing” trip to Seattle a couple of weeks ago.  SMH

18 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

I outed my own brother?? Lol. Is that what that shitfucker made you all believe when he begged for leniency in the SSS? Bizarro world.  

Yes you did fuck face. That’s the truth. I reached out to you because I was in a bad marriage and drowning in my addiction.  I was on my way to rehab when you spilled everything on SSS. You’re the type of person who puts his foot on the top of the head of someone drowning instead of offering a hand to help. You’re the worst person I know.

• Like 7

Yes you did fuck face. That’s the truth. I reached out to you because I was in a bad marriage and drowning in my addiction.  I was on my way to rehab when you spilled everything on SSS. You’re the type of person who puts his foot on the top of the head of someone drowning instead of offering a hand to help. You’re the worst person I know.

Wow. On so many levels.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away