Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Newsflash dickhead, I never had access to SSS. I know this is hard for you to comprehend because fantasy and reality are both a blur in your meth rattled head. You see, ever since I got a job and a family I haven’t posted with any of the same volume or giveafuckness since Hornfans almost 20 years ago. 

fef227aa78a4c2fbc824f4c36ebf4afb.gif
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jersey Man10 said:

Jesus christ I've never had to read such utter useless bullshit to get to some godddamn relevant info.

Pretend it’s like the utter and endless bullshit you are perpetually going through to try and pop your cherry and you’ll probably find inner reserves of patience. 

It seems like most people in this thread think the death rate of mostly elderly, already sick with one or more chronic conditions, is far worse than losing 10 million jobs in two weeks from a 165 million man labor force.  We got people predicting 250K dead by Summer...how many people are out of work by then?  30 million?  That is unprecedented in that short of a time period.  40 million out of work puts us in Great Depression territory which took place over a decade.

This one size fits all shut everything down now thinking is short sighted and ineffective.  The 'experts' have been wrong on their casualty numbers (The guy Rogan had on mid March talking about 500K dead US by July, where is that guy now?), can someone link to anyone that has been remotely accurate?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 19

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Per WSJ, CDC now going to recommend folks in hotspots to wear cloth masks.  

I didn’t see it here doing a catchup but I heard on the radio today that in his daily press conference Trump himself suggested everyone in public and populated areas wear a mask. Not sure if the radio got it right, but that’s what I heard. 

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

It seems like most people in this thread think the death rate of mostly elderly, already sick with one or more chronic conditions, is far worse than losing 10 million jobs in two weeks from a 165 million man labor force.  We got people predicting 250K dead by Summer...how many people are out of work by then?  30 million?  That is unprecedented in that short of a time period.  40 million out of work puts us in Great Depression territory which took place over a decade.

This one size fits all shut everything down now thinking is short sighted and ineffective.  The 'experts' have been wrong on their casualty numbers (The guy Rogan had on mid March talking about 500K dead US by July, where is that guy now?), can someone link to anyone that has been remotely accurate?

It's impossible you're this stupid.  

Oh sorry, no CR.  Or whatever the fuck you idiots use to justify shit.  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I didn’t see it here doing a catchup but I heard on the radio today that in his daily press conference Trump himself suggested everyone in public and populated areas wear a mask. Not sure if the radio got it right, but that’s what I heard. 

Technically he said scarves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

Well for one thing, unemployment is temporary... death is kind of you know... permanent.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

This isn’t the place to debate policy decisions or the weight of crippling the economy versus the value of human life. That’s the clean room. Go have that discussion there. 

3 minutes ago, Hozz said:

There's a thread for this. 

This thread is for panic and shit talking.  No CR tho.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hozz said:

aren't your death numbers the ones with us shutting down most of the economy? what do you think the numbers would be without shutting down most of the economy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

well now you've done it.  we'll never find out what SSS means now..Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This isn’t the place to debate policy decisions or the weight of crippling the economy versus the value of human life. That’s the clean room. Go have that discussion there. 

Not a lot of actual debate there, and that's not the forum for me.  I don't think I posted anything political.  I think its worth talking about.  If we can bet on death tolls surely we can debate public policy responses to this virus here as well.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

my answer was going to be "this is the flu" but I think yours is better.

34 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Newsflash dickhead, I never had access to SSS. I know this is hard for you to comprehend because fantasy and reality are both a blur in your meth rattled head. You see, ever since I got a job and a family I haven’t posted with any of the same volume or giveafuckness since Hornfans almost 20 years ago. 

A job and a family! Easy on the humblebrag there fella.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Not a lot of actual debate there, and that's not the forum for me.  I don't think I posted anything political.  I think its worth talking about.  If we can bet on death tolls surely we can debate public policy responses to this virus here as well.

There's a forum for that, and this isn't it.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so how many hospital beds does NYC area have again? and how many ICU beds?

Idk but this is what I’m talking about. That IHME projection had 58k hospital beds being needed today. But, cumulative hospitalizations, including people already discharged is 20,800. So way off. Sounds like some good news. 

that’s for New York State. 

Edited by GRHorn

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, there's times when I don't think I can possibly feel more depressed.

Then, I read this thread. Thanks for proving me wrong, guys.

Jesus, what ever you do don’t go over to CR. You’ll lose your will to live.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away