Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The silver lining committee has disbanded and taken to plowing through handles of bourbon. /grizzlydeliverstomebutihavetogivethemthegatecode

I'm going to Total Wine tomorrow and will plan on spending an insane amount of money on wine and bourbon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm telling you.... Vegas is missing the boat on taking props on this stuff. 

5dimes has a bet whether trump will ever test positive or not for covid 19.  +600 he tests positive. 

I’m surprised they haven’t come up with a bet on the over/under of total deaths as reported by the cdc by a certain date. It’s morbid but people will bet. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Just now, Macanudo said:

I'm going to Total Wine tomorrow and will plan on spending an insane amount of money on wine and bourbon.

PSA:  it's hard to keep days straight when one suddenly works from home, so don't fuck up and wait until Sunday to run to Total Wine or Spec's or Twin.

We forgot about trash pickup yesterday, and the truck woke me up.  I ran outside to try to get the trash can in front of a neighbor's house before the truck left our street, and one of the guys on the truck just waved at me and said "I got you, dude" and pointed to the empty can.  Damn, that's service, but I'm sure they're seeing it all over

So, don't get caught without your liquor on Sunday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

5dimes has a bet whether trump will ever test positive or not for covid 19.  +600 he tests positive. 

I’m surprised they haven’t come up with a bet on the over/under of total deaths as reported by the cdc by a certain date. It’s morbid but people will bet. 

Not a bettor but there are people who do.

Yeah that's true - but my main point was that I never got sick when I was putting down 12 beers a night. I'm trying to fight the whole "if you drink more during this outbreak, you're more likely to get sick" argument. I know I can get some of yall behind me. 

2d033094f8979022551d4f63485987a2.gif
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They are probably worried that they don’t know the numbers and could lose a ton if they set the action wrong. 

A naval line officer, commanding a US ship of war goes outside the chain of command  ?  I applaud his humanity, but that was a  security breach, and he should have been removed.  Military justice is unforgiving for a reason.

I've talked to 2 ex naval gentlemen I know who commanded naval war ships/boats in the 90's, and they both were adamant he had to be relieved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Yes, that was his intent. It was to embarrass the Navy into doing the right thing. What he did was insubordination, none of this is up for debate, the only question is whether it was worth it.

The man will never buy another drink in his life if there is a single squid in the bar.  He knew it would be the end of his career and chose his sailors. The Navy sort prides itself on telling superiors to fuck off when they're being stupid for no good reason because they know you can't do much of anything with out naval support.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

PSA:  it's hard to keep days straight when one suddenly works from home, so don't fuck up and wait until Sunday to run to Total Wine or Spec's or Twin.

We forgot about trash pickup yesterday, and the truck woke me up.  I ran outside to try to get the trash can in front of a neighbor's house before the truck left our street, and one of the guys on the truck just waved at me and said "I got you, dude" and pointed to the empty can.  Damn, that's service, but I'm sure they're seeing it all over

Further PSA: drizzly running deliveries next day in my hood so get tour orders in. And tip your drivers well. 

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Um, I'm won't be making a "buy some for the weekend" run.  I'm making a "buy some to ensure I have some for June" run.

Seriously?

• Like 2

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Watch  college or NFL football get cancelled, and then ask that question....

If they cancel college football what’s the point in living?   I’m very anti drama but I can’t handle not having college football.  I will freak the fuck out!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For me, I have a chronic ear ache issue associated to a football injury so frequent air travel always made me sick in my 20’s.

Not when the guy you pissed off in football threw the basketball at your head (for no reason)?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cool trash story, bro

6 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15269211

That's like half of Surly working from home without pants on all day.  Back porch, or potted plant in the corner of the room?

6 hours ago, Eastwood said:

On the mask issue, I ordered HEPA vacuum bags and took a razor to them to cut them into squares large enough to cover the nose and mouth. Tape into the inside of a balaclava, go on the grocery run, come home, take mask out of balaclava, toss in outside trash, drop balaclava into hot soapy water. At a clip of once a week, I have a year's supply through that method.

I did the same using HEPA AC filters when I'm somewhere with lower traffic like the liquor store.  I have respirators for HEB, there's by far more people there than anywhere else I go.  

Speaking of liquor stores, which one of you was at Twin liquors today and told the cashier "shut up and give me my fucking receipt."  You're still an asshole, but you walked away without letting me finish my thought on the matter.  The glass is there to help protect that cashier from all the people coming in to buy booze.  You were in the wrong fuckface, the sign said "place bottles with bar code facing glass" not "reach around the glass with your bottle of gin and then act like a cunt".

Edited by Treefidy

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

7rpWnlyKG9PxFi1wCLu-5tUIklVQn-qvJMV-oXsJ

I haven't been taking screen shots of the ZIP code map, but it looks like the biggest increases from my recollection of yesterday were in 78744/78747 (SE Austin/Onion Creek area) and 78758 (North Lamar & Rundberg). So it's starting hit the poors and working class now.

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So far not today, NY reported 462 deaths this AM

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

a few of the states may(looking at you Florida/Mich/Louisiana) but I'm thinking most of the rest don't.

Point blank, NY is still catching up on results.  If you look at the NYC Health website, where the stats are, they have started to change the way they counted the positives.  Now, they are saying we are counting when the person came in to be diagnosed.  What sucks, it is takes almost a fucking week to get results back.  THAT is absolutely NOT acceptable in any way, shape, or form.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

The silver lining committee has disbanded and taken to plowing through handles of bourbon. /grizzlydeliverstomebutihavetogivethemthegatecode

Still seeing a bit of that from "friends" on FB because the death totals aren't as "high" as for the flu yet. It's all a political conspiracy.

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Blah blah blah. Fuck China and fuck French data. Where is teh fucking NY data?  They started trials last week. They should have interim results.  

That article completely disregards the larger France study that happened after the smaller study, which showed very positive results.  

Further, there was another Chinese study that also said it prevented cases from becoming serious.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

yeah what is that hot spot up there?there's like, no people up there 😐...it's not Amarillo...is everyone in Dalhart dead??

Castro Co.    7500 folks...11 confirmed cases....1 death

Per capital.....oooohh that's bad

38 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How long until the civil unrest sets in and we start getting some rioting and shit. 

Asking for my stockpile of 30rd magazines. 

I sincerely think American society is too lazy & apathetic to engage in full scale rioting or civil war. As long as there’s social media, abundance of vices, the promise of some $1200 check, and food to eat we’ll be too distracted to care about what’s really happening. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Point blank, NY is still catching up on results.  If you look at the NYC Health website, where the stats are, they have started to change the way they counted the positives.  Now, they are saying we are counting when the person came in to be diagnosed.  What sucks, it is takes almost a fucking week to get results back.  THAT is absolutely NOT acceptable in any way, shape, or form.  

Saw a story last night or the night before where a guy went and got tested and went home. Started feeling worse and worse at home and went to the hospital where he was admitted and treated for a period of time. I don't remember if he went on a ventilator or not. Then he got better and was discharged and was home for a couple of days and then (drum roll) got a call to be told that he had in fact tested positive for COVID-19. Oh well ...

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I sincerely think American society is too lazy & apathetic to engage in full scale rioting or civil war. As long as there’s social media, abundance of vices, the promise of some $1200 check, and food to eat we’ll be too distracted to care about what’s really happening. 

I've been looking for an excuse to shoot the new Silver Pigeon Beretta that Mrs. C-Man gave me for Xmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah that's true - but my main point was that I never got sick when I was putting down 12 beers a night. I'm trying to fight the whole "if you drink more during this outbreak, you're more likely to get sick" argument. I know I can get some of yall behind me. 

Only a sample size of one, but it appears that a six pack and 2-5 belts of bourbon is quite effective in combatting the bat meat flu...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Saw a story last night or the night before where a guy went and got tested and went home. Started feeling worse and worse at home and went to the hospital where he was admitted and treated for a period of time. I don't remember if he went on a ventilator or not. Then he got better and was discharged and was home for a couple of days and then (drum roll) got a call to be told that he had in fact tested positive for COVID-19. Oh well ...

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Yep.  Or people are not feeling well, and cannot even get tested.  Honestly, the NYC cases are what, at 55k.  I would not be shocked for it to be 1M in the city.  I had the WORST cold I have ever had back at the end of January.  Funnily enough, it was RIGHT after Chinese New Year.  I would not be shocked if I, and a couple of other folks in our office, all had it late Jan/mid Feb.  Hell, I traveled through Heathrow, as did a number of other folks who attended IP week in London the last week in Feb.  I was also in Houston the last week in Feb for a wedding and meetings.  

We need antibody tests widespread ASAP (preferably at home).

Truth is, if you are not sick, DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL OR EVEN THE DR.  STAY THE FUCK AT HOME.  BECAUSE IF YOU DID NOT HAVE IT, AFTER WAITING THERE, YOU DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE IT.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away