Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

19 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Yes and yes. I wear condoms with the meth whores, or if I can tell from her smell that she has trichomoniasis vaginosis,  or if she asks me. Otherwise I go without and figure I will be taking antibiotics for something eventually anyway. Most Filipinos don't use condoms,  so the women are used to bareback. The 24 year old who is fixing breakfast for me never used a condom before when we met last year.

So if "my friend" wanted 3 blowjobs a day from some nice young ladies down the street from you, what are we looking at $ wise.... again, asking for my friend...

At this point I have no idea if RayDog is a bit or not, but either way I appreciate the levity to what is a completely f***ed situation...

That’s what makes it so awesome...it’s not a bit. I think raydog should be doing original content for the site. Whoremonger stuff mainly, but the sciency shit too
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Yes and yes. I wear condoms with the meth whores, or if I can tell from her smell that she has trichomoniasis vaginosis,  or if she asks me. Otherwise I go without and figure I will be taking antibiotics for something eventually anyway. Most Filipinos don't use condoms,  so the women are used to bareback. The 24 year old who is fixing breakfast for me never used a condom before when we met last year.

giphy (8).gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It is complicated but most of the sex trade is not human trafficking. Most Filipinas get into it willingly for the money and the chance of marrying a rich (in their mind) foreigner. Some do get tricked into coming here thinking they will be a waitress, but most know the truth from their friends. Most of the ones who are tricked leave before ever having a customer, or they get a foreigner boyfriend right away if they are really hot and leave the bar.

I have heard the Chinese set up brothels in Clark and other areas with girls from China who they bring in on tourist visas. Then they don't let non-Chinese in. That is sex trafficking and they get shut down when they don't make the proper payoffs. I heard there was a bar full of Ukrainian women that got shut down before I moved here. The Philippines government is active at preventing Filipinos from being trafficked to other countries but often there is a fine line between a foreign job and being trafficked since they are cheap labor and are being taken advantage of in at least that way. 

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Look man, Dirt Bike and RayDog are real American heros. I won't stand for anyone questioning their authenticity. Youre like to get shot for that.... 

In these crazy times we sure could use some words of wisdom from Dirt bike...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RayDog said:

It is complicated...

Not really. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/in-philippine-red-light-district-an-uphill-struggle-to-battle-trafficking-and-abuses/2019/11/17/43a6470a-bad3-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

In Philippine red-light district, an uphill struggle to battle trafficking and abuses

An "entertainer" works her way along a street in Angeles City, Philippines, as the pressure to find a client increases as the evening ends. “I don’t want to go home without any money for my children,” she said. “When I was in my 20s, it was really easy. Men didn’t just want to sleep with me – they wanted to support me and my whole family, so I wouldn’t have to work every night. Now I’m 38 and they think I’m too old for them.” Most of her customers are in their 60s. (Francesco Brembati)

By Corinne Redfern, The Fuller Project 

November 18, 2019 at 4:00 a.m. CST

ANGELES CITY, Philippines — The girls onstage were numbered, not named.

Silently, they shuffled in a circle around the mirrored platform in a basement dance bar; arms folded around bare stomachs, eyes fixed on the scuffed metal floor.

At the back of the stage, a 14-year-old in black heels hunched her shoulders and tried to shrink into the shadows. It has been more than a year since she was trafficked into the dimly lit nightclub about 50 miles north of Manila.

She is among hundreds of girls supplied each year in Angeles City to meet the demands of foreign men paying for sex — many of whom are American.

A bell sounded and a tourist entered the bar. Under the gaze of her manager, the girl stepped forward and forced a smile. Her knees shook in the spotlight.

The Philippine city of Angeles — home to a former U.S. military base — has long been a hub for “sex tourism”: illegal prostitution between foreign men and Filipina girls often still in their teens and trafficked into the industry, or young women pushed into the sex trade by family pressure and economic desperation.

AD

The Philippines sex industry and potential for continued exploitation, however, remains indirectly aided by legislative loopholes and apparent indifference from authorities, according to activists.

Prostitution is illegal in the Philippines and commercial sex with a child under the age of 18 is rape. But bar managers can circumnavigate laws. Girls and women are presented as “entertainers” rather than sex workers, and payments for sex are packaged as “fines” paid to the bars by a patron on behalf of a woman leaving her shift early.

Meanwhile, the government of President Rodrigo Duterte has devoted few resources to battling the Philippines’ illicit sex industry even as it wages brutal crackdowns on the drug trade.

Duterte, in fact, has appeared to invite foreign men to the country with the suggestion that young women are waiting.

AD

“They’re all on the beach sunbathing,” Duterte said during his State of the Nation address in July. Last year, he joked that he would attract visitors to the country with the promise of “42 virgins.”

Local leaders are left to mostly handle the repercussions alone.

“I will not give up on this,” said Angeles’ newly elected mayor, Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin Jr., in July, adding that ending all forms of prostitution in the city was top-priority. “But it will take time. There is a lot of resistance.”

Activists' warnings

As the sex industry has become more lucrative, corrupt officials have taken steps to give it a veneer of lawfulness, activists say.

More than 9,000 bar girls are registered as “entertainers,” but the government mandates they take sexually transmitted disease tests on a weekly basis — a move criticized by activists as a marketing trick to present the city’s sex industry as clean and tourist-friendly.

AD

Meanwhile, bar owners often pretend to obey minimum-age requirements of 18.

Unregistered, freelance sex workers and trafficking victims abound. The youngest girl interviewed by The Fuller Project was 10 years old.

Next year, a new airport terminal on the outskirts of Angeles is set to triple the number of visitors to the region and bring a possible expansion of sex trafficking and abuses, human rights advocates warn.

“If tourism doubles, then the vulnerability of children doubles, too,” said Dolores Alforte, Philippines executive director for the international nonprofit End Child Prostitution And Trafficking, known as ECPAT.

In July 2018, the then-mayor of Angeles, Edgardo Pamintuan, and Angeles-based nonprofit founder Robert Wagner met with John McGregor, then the human rights officer of the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

AD

They proposed a six-point plan for American assistance in holding U.S. citizens accountable for possible crimes related to exploiting Filipina women and girls, including the placement of closed-circuit TV cameras outside the bars and a kiosk where sex workers and trafficking victims could report abuse and ask for help.

Neither Pamintuan nor Wagner have seen any action taken since.

The U.S. Embassy in Manila declined to make a public comment. But past statements by U.S. officials have emphasized a strong partnership with Philippine law enforcement on human trafficking and related issues.

In June, the State Departement’s Trafficking in Persons Report listed the Philippines among the top-tier countries with laws in place to battle human trafficking.

“Although the [Philippine] government meets the minimum standards, it did not vigorously investigate and prosecute officials allegedly involved in trafficking crimes,” the report added.

AD

Back in the darkened bar, an American man beckoned the 14-year-old down from the stage. She told him that her name was Rose and that she had just turned 18: two lies, taken from the fake papers used to secure her job in the bar. A manager informed the tourist that it will cost 2,000 Philippine pesos, or $38, to take Rose back to his hotel for a “short time.” Two crumpled blue notes are passed between palms.

“They remind me of my grandpa,” Rose said later.

The Washington Post does not identify minors in sex cases or victims of sex crimes.

Of the 30 girls in the bar that evening, Rose thought she was the youngest, but she wasn’t sure.

'No jurisdiction'

More than 150 women and girls interviewed by The Fuller Project in Angeles City said they wanted to leave prostitution but didn’t know how.

Those younger than 18 were scared that “rescue” would involve leaving their friends or families. Many were afraid that under current anti-prostitution laws, reporting foreign predators to the local police could land the girls in jail.

AD

“It’s just normal,” said Angel, 14, who said she was trafficked into the city’s sex industry when she was 12 years old by an American man. She now works “freelance” with a group of nine friends. All are underage, she said.

“It happens to all of us,” she added.

Under the 2003 PROTECT Act, U.S. citizens suspected of committing child sexual exploitation abroad can be charged in the United States, regardless of where their offense takes place.

But despite a team of U.S. law enforcement agents in Manila specifically tasked with investigating Americans who sexually abuse children across the Philippines, there have been few convictions.

“We’ve identified American citizens going to places like the Philippines with the purpose of having sex with kids who are poor,” said Stacie Harris, an associate deputy attorney general and national coordinator for Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking at the Justice Department.

But the PROTECT Act has no reach over U.S. citizens seeking out adult sex workers while abroad.

“You have a U.S. tourist who goes over and picks up someone on a street corner,” said Harris, “and we have no jurisdiction over that.”

This article was reported by The Fuller Project for International Reporting, a nonprofit newsroom investigating issues that most impact women.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

So if "my friend" wanted 3 blowjobs a day from some nice young ladies down the street from you, what are we looking at $ wise.... again, asking for my friend...

Freelancers run $20 to $40 for boom-boom and bj, but I have a friend who is not very picky who pays $10 to $14 and he often does 2 or 3 a day and only does bisexuals so he has more fun 3somes. You might get a bj alone for as low as $10. Bar fines run $50 to $70 plus tip with most Walking Street bars charging $70. I usually get a bargirl's number and meet her outside work to save a few bucks. Since the girl gets less than half the barfine it works out better for them as long as they don't  get caught and get fined by their mamasang. Including drinks and a tip it is easy to spend $100 in a bar, including the girl of your choice, but that is mostly tourists doing that. 

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Honest question---has that always been the case?  If so, that is a great proactive tool by public health officials.  I mean, would you know if you were getting a call from an address from an HIV+ person, or a SARS/MERS, etc?  Do they have that type of intel for you ahead of time?  Obviously you get many calls about people just out and about in public and you don't know what's what until you roll up there and even then, you still don't know.  But has that type of infrastructure been in place already in terms of preemptive intel?  Thanks for your work on the front lines during this time BTW

Not typically. There are a few locations flagged for various reasons, but not typically medical driven. We know some locations with hazardous individuals but that is more word of mouth stuff. For instance, there is a high rise apartment building that is assisted living for HIV patients we go to all the time. We all know what it is before we get there but there is no notification. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Not really. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/in-philippine-red-light-district-an-uphill-struggle-to-battle-trafficking-and-abuses/2019/11/17/43a6470a-bad3-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

Hide contents

In Philippine red-light district, an uphill struggle to battle trafficking and abuses

An "entertainer" works her way along a street in Angeles City, Philippines, as the pressure to find a client increases as the evening ends. “I don’t want to go home without any money for my children,” she said. “When I was in my 20s, it was really easy. Men didn’t just want to sleep with me – they wanted to support me and my whole family, so I wouldn’t have to work every night. Now I’m 38 and they think I’m too old for them.” Most of her customers are in their 60s. (Francesco Brembati)

By Corinne Redfern, The Fuller Project 

November 18, 2019 at 4:00 a.m. CST

ANGELES CITY, Philippines — The girls onstage were numbered, not named.

Silently, they shuffled in a circle around the mirrored platform in a basement dance bar; arms folded around bare stomachs, eyes fixed on the scuffed metal floor.

At the back of the stage, a 14-year-old in black heels hunched her shoulders and tried to shrink into the shadows. It has been more than a year since she was trafficked into the dimly lit nightclub about 50 miles north of Manila.

She is among hundreds of girls supplied each year in Angeles City to meet the demands of foreign men paying for sex — many of whom are American.

A bell sounded and a tourist entered the bar. Under the gaze of her manager, the girl stepped forward and forced a smile. Her knees shook in the spotlight.

The Philippine city of Angeles — home to a former U.S. military base — has long been a hub for “sex tourism”: illegal prostitution between foreign men and Filipina girls often still in their teens and trafficked into the industry, or young women pushed into the sex trade by family pressure and economic desperation.

AD

The Philippines sex industry and potential for continued exploitation, however, remains indirectly aided by legislative loopholes and apparent indifference from authorities, according to activists.

Prostitution is illegal in the Philippines and commercial sex with a child under the age of 18 is rape. But bar managers can circumnavigate laws. Girls and women are presented as “entertainers” rather than sex workers, and payments for sex are packaged as “fines” paid to the bars by a patron on behalf of a woman leaving her shift early.

Meanwhile, the government of President Rodrigo Duterte has devoted few resources to battling the Philippines’ illicit sex industry even as it wages brutal crackdowns on the drug trade.

Duterte, in fact, has appeared to invite foreign men to the country with the suggestion that young women are waiting.

AD

“They’re all on the beach sunbathing,” Duterte said during his State of the Nation address in July. Last year, he joked that he would attract visitors to the country with the promise of “42 virgins.”

Local leaders are left to mostly handle the repercussions alone.

“I will not give up on this,” said Angeles’ newly elected mayor, Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin Jr., in July, adding that ending all forms of prostitution in the city was top-priority. “But it will take time. There is a lot of resistance.”

Activists' warnings

As the sex industry has become more lucrative, corrupt officials have taken steps to give it a veneer of lawfulness, activists say.

More than 9,000 bar girls are registered as “entertainers,” but the government mandates they take sexually transmitted disease tests on a weekly basis — a move criticized by activists as a marketing trick to present the city’s sex industry as clean and tourist-friendly.

AD

Meanwhile, bar owners often pretend to obey minimum-age requirements of 18.

Unregistered, freelance sex workers and trafficking victims abound. The youngest girl interviewed by The Fuller Project was 10 years old.

Next year, a new airport terminal on the outskirts of Angeles is set to triple the number of visitors to the region and bring a possible expansion of sex trafficking and abuses, human rights advocates warn.

“If tourism doubles, then the vulnerability of children doubles, too,” said Dolores Alforte, Philippines executive director for the international nonprofit End Child Prostitution And Trafficking, known as ECPAT.

In July 2018, the then-mayor of Angeles, Edgardo Pamintuan, and Angeles-based nonprofit founder Robert Wagner met with John McGregor, then the human rights officer of the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

AD

They proposed a six-point plan for American assistance in holding U.S. citizens accountable for possible crimes related to exploiting Filipina women and girls, including the placement of closed-circuit TV cameras outside the bars and a kiosk where sex workers and trafficking victims could report abuse and ask for help.

Neither Pamintuan nor Wagner have seen any action taken since.

The U.S. Embassy in Manila declined to make a public comment. But past statements by U.S. officials have emphasized a strong partnership with Philippine law enforcement on human trafficking and related issues.

In June, the State Departement’s Trafficking in Persons Report listed the Philippines among the top-tier countries with laws in place to battle human trafficking.

“Although the [Philippine] government meets the minimum standards, it did not vigorously investigate and prosecute officials allegedly involved in trafficking crimes,” the report added.

AD

Back in the darkened bar, an American man beckoned the 14-year-old down from the stage. She told him that her name was Rose and that she had just turned 18: two lies, taken from the fake papers used to secure her job in the bar. A manager informed the tourist that it will cost 2,000 Philippine pesos, or $38, to take Rose back to his hotel for a “short time.” Two crumpled blue notes are passed between palms.

“They remind me of my grandpa,” Rose said later.

The Washington Post does not identify minors in sex cases or victims of sex crimes.

Of the 30 girls in the bar that evening, Rose thought she was the youngest, but she wasn’t sure.

'No jurisdiction'

More than 150 women and girls interviewed by The Fuller Project in Angeles City said they wanted to leave prostitution but didn’t know how.

Those younger than 18 were scared that “rescue” would involve leaving their friends or families. Many were afraid that under current anti-prostitution laws, reporting foreign predators to the local police could land the girls in jail.

AD

“It’s just normal,” said Angel, 14, who said she was trafficked into the city’s sex industry when she was 12 years old by an American man. She now works “freelance” with a group of nine friends. All are underage, she said.

“It happens to all of us,” she added.

Under the 2003 PROTECT Act, U.S. citizens suspected of committing child sexual exploitation abroad can be charged in the United States, regardless of where their offense takes place.

But despite a team of U.S. law enforcement agents in Manila specifically tasked with investigating Americans who sexually abuse children across the Philippines, there have been few convictions.

“We’ve identified American citizens going to places like the Philippines with the purpose of having sex with kids who are poor,” said Stacie Harris, an associate deputy attorney general and national coordinator for Child Exploitation and Human Trafficking at the Justice Department.

But the PROTECT Act has no reach over U.S. citizens seeking out adult sex workers while abroad.

“You have a U.S. tourist who goes over and picks up someone on a street corner,” said Harris, “and we have no jurisdiction over that.”

This article was reported by The Fuller Project for International Reporting, a nonprofit newsroom investigating issues that most impact women.

That is a bullshit article that misrepresents the way things are here. 

12 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

This is going to sound fucked up but this guys train of thought is why I rarely hire ex military, they lack critical thinking process that was drilled out of them in the military which causes their decision making to suffer

I'm still playing catch up, but had to respond to this.  Are you seriously reluctant to hire ex-military due to the fact that you think their training has compromise their critical thinking?  If anything, it fucking enhances it, and creates a person who can both think critically, and rely on instinctual training that the military (does at times) drill into one's heart, body, and mind.  

What a really broad brush to paint given what's happened over the last twenty years.  I want to say that you're wrong, but the more I think about it....just go fuck yourself.

•  
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

nm

WTF???   LOL  why'd you delete it.

wait till you read about the military folks and engineers who don't fall for the lawyer's halfassed arguments... and then the poster posits that it is their weakness as jurors to expect a decent( better than 50%) case to be made...

Crazy pills, my brother.    Like a motherfucker.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

WTF???   LOL  why'd you delete it.

wait till you read about the military folks and engineers who don't fall for the lawyer's halfassed arguments... and then the poster posits that it is their detriment is jurors to expect a decent argument to be made...

Crazy pills, my brother.    Like a motherfucker.

I deleted it because I realized that I hadn't quoted his post.  I went ahead and burned my 'nm' card, so I could go back, find it, quote it, and use copy/pasta. 

Edited by Homesickhorn
  • Like 1

I don't work supply chain, but from my experience, I don't understand how we're not facing more shortages.  My brother works with McClain's( Food/ packaged goods wholesalers) in Texas and said 2 weeks ago their volume/ hours were at about 150% or greater than normal.  He said this week was closer to normal and it felt like things were 'normalizing' a bit.  Thing about it is, that convenience and gas is a huge part of their business and that channel is down right now.
The grocery side of things baffles me, as in, if you run 150% over projections on say...potatoes for two weeks in a row, it's not like you call Idaho and tell them to double their efforts and get them spuds out of the ground or hey, Kansas get that wheat ready...yesterday..  They're gonna be ready when their ready.  Sure, there is SOME elasticity in supply, but not THAT much.  We are all learning at this point.  I've discussed hurricanes and natural disasters on here before, you just draw resources/ inventory from unaffected areas.  THIS is practically the whole fucking planet.
It's gonna be interesting to see how it goes with this new "normal."

Interesting point about Sysco. I have them as an account. They have roughly 40M sq feet of warehouse space in the Us and to offset mainline (foodservice) losses they are distributing to grocery.

There is a lot of spare food out there.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

There was a story on the news the other night and a guy's wife was having a cancer treatment and he "tailgated" across the street by her window.

My wife's aunt is in the same boat.  Dropped off at the front door of MD and wheeled back.  No buddies allowed.  On the upside, it saves on parking, which isn't insignificant.  

1 hour ago, RayDog said:

damn son. more like RawDog, dawg

Edited by staboner
  • Like 4

Interesting point about Sysco. I have them as an account. They have roughly 40M sq feet of warehouse space in the Us and to offset mainline (foodservice) losses they are distributing to grocery.

There is a lot of spare food out there.

Thanks for that answer - that was my assumption, that food was shifting from foodservice to stores.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away