Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

32 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My wife's aunt is in the same boat.  Dropped off at the front door of MD and wheeled back.  No buddies allowed.  On the upside, it saves on parking, which isn't insignificant.  

You're not kidding about the parking. It's convenient, but boy does it add up. @Johnny Sack glad she is doing better. It's good news.

SIL’s dad isn’t going to make it through the night. He’s elderly and has cancer already, C19 is just an extra kick to the balls. She and I have been close since college, she’s the baby and it seems like her parents have been old for 30 years. Sucks.

Read an article earlier about the highest death rate per capita and the GA situation was traced back to a funeral that a person without symptoms attended and unknowingly spread to a bunch of people. New Orleans is Mardi Gras related. 

Some supply chain discussions going on here and as someone who works in supply chain for category that was one of the first to be run on, things have calmed down considerable this last week with customers even canceling orders or rerouting them due to overfill and space concerns. That has been a relief because the last 4 weeks were like a hurricane for our network that was hitting all states at once.

Non essential  items were seeing their own run now from what I heard so watch out for the Little Debbie and Oreo supplies lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Interesting point about Sysco. I have them as an account. They have roughly 40M sq feet of warehouse space in the Us and to offset mainline (foodservice) losses they are distributing to grocery.

There is a lot of spare food out there.

That's relatively accurate but it requires an industry pivot.  You are correct that there is plenty of food but it's produced and packaged differently for food service vs. retail.  That's why you're seeing short term outages on the retail side.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You're not kidding about the parking. It's convenient, but boy does it add up. @Johnny Sack glad she is doing better. It's good news.

An aunt of mine was hospitalized there for the better part of the last year for bile duct cancer.  The parking was among the largest of the expenses.

Also why you’re seeing restaurants sell take home packages of meat eggs and veggies. They see an opportunity to move their supplies to the public direct at a somewhat inflated price, but I don’t blame them they have to stay in business too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Just found out my former assistant died. 60 or so.  Previous cancer but otherwise  healthy as far as I knew.  Haven’t seen her in a couple of years but still a shock. 

I assume COVID-19 related? I think we're going to all know someone who was taken by this before it's over

8 minutes ago, dcbc said:

An aunt of mine was hospitalized there for the better part of the last year for bile duct cancer.  The parking was among the largest of the expenses.

Are they charging Jerry World parking prices at MD Anderson?  I’ve had my fair share of hospitalized relatives the last few years, at many hospitals across dfw, and I’ve never thought the parking was out of hand.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Did the same. Paid her for the month and sent her with whatever food she wanted. Damn I miss her. Fucking Roomba is just not the same. 

Not Surly 1% or anything.  But really want her to stay home and survive this thing so we can have a long relationship of her cleaning my house.  She's amazing.

• Like 3

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Are they charging Jerry World parking prices at MD Anderson?  I’ve had my fair share of hospitalized relatives the last few years, at many hospitals across dfw, and I’ve never thought the parking was out of hand.

My Uncle was disabled (Polio).  So he was doing the valet thing.  So thousands of dollars in his case.  My Aunt's husband is older and has knee problems.  So assume similar in their case.  

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Same. I want them to still be in business and several people's jobs and livelihoods depend on it, but I don't want them in my home right now

Mine responded like it wasn't out of the ordinary.  So, hopefully, her other clients are doing things similarly.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Not Surly 1% or anything.  But really want her to stay home and survive this thing so we can have a long relationship of her cleaning my house.  She's amazing.

Yep. Older, takes care of families on both sides of the border and brings tamales. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Been tipping 50% on all takeout and have paid several weeks of no housekeeping. She came yesterday in mask and gloves and gave her 50% over her rate. You’re not virtuous when you do the bare minimum you could do and brag about it on a fucking message board. You’re slorch. 

if you dont have the means, forgo the services. 

these folks are risking their lives for you, plus they may give you some cov 19

get in that kitchen

Edited by brakeman
iceman probably cool

Been tipping 50% on all takeout and have paid several weeks of no housekeeping. She came yesterday in mask and gloves and gave her 50% over her rate. You’re not virtuous when you do the bare minimum you could do and brag about it on a fucking message board. You’re slorch. 

I've been tipping 100% on all takeout. Who's doing the bare minimum now buddy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Boobs said:

I've been tipping 100% on all takeout. Who's doing the bare minimum now buddy? 

Well I have been tipping random Grub Hub drivers who aren’t even delivering anything for me.  So I guess I am the most virtuous and you all are doing the bare minimum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Haha. Tip shaming.

Fuck off.  Bare minimum would have been not ordering from a local joint at all,  and shitty minimum would have been not tipping at all because "they didn't serve us."

Wasn't bragging.  It was a joke during shitty times.  High horse denied.

Edited by Iceman

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away