Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Don’t care what you tip. I was amused you are bragging about it. You got any photos in a new sport coat with the tag still on?

Listen, fuck face.  The very line, "Am I virtuous?" was typed with the understanding that no amount would be high enough for the hyper-sensitive, guilt-ridden morons like yourself.  It wasn't remotely approaching anything like bragging.  It had a lot more to do with the weird day-to-day shit that is in this bizarro-world of our existence that is CV-19.

Carry on...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

not that big of a deal. but the PM telling international students "who can't support themselves" to leave is really rubbing me the wrong fucking way. Because well, most of them can't. Fair. However, if you make them pay taxes then I would think they should get some local support of some kind. 

This is one of those things to tread on lightly. I would say this fuckstick ScoMo is not that dumb to pursue this mood too far, but hey he refused to listen as the country burned to the ground for 3 months. Education in Victoria is the number 1 industry. Don't fuck dick this up ScoMo you twat. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

If other areas like Houston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco were claiming the same thing then it would be believable. More likely, the reagents weren't kept at the proper temperature or were misused.

So I was at the local HEB yesterday getting my rations.  It was depressing as Hell.  People were making no eye contact, staying away from each other all looking defeated.  Shelves were ok but it is take what you can get.  I assume this is what shopping in Russia is like.

One thing I did notice though was that usually HEB has those coupons hanging in front of stuff they are running specials on.  Not a single one in the store.  I assume it is cause they run specials on stuff they are over stocked on and now everything is being bought.  While I am thankful they have most of what we need they are making a killing right now.  And fuck the hoarders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

5b6a34b44c88eb4c77004258964bebd5.jpg

Also I’ve been to this HEB 4-6 times since the shelter in place was ordered. Should I notify my employer?

I’d be shocked if every single HEB in or near any city didn’t already have multiple people with the virus working there and shopping there every day. Announcing a single positive test, while necessary, doesn’t move the needle much for me as my assumptions about the state of things in grocery stores is already worse than a single case here or there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I’d be shocked if every single HEB in or near any city didn’t already have multiple people with the virus working there and shopping there every day. Announcing a single positive test, while necessary, doesn’t move the needle much for me as my assumptions about the state of things in grocery stores is already worse than a single case here or there. 

True. The worst people hang out at grocery stores.

You remember playing "the floor is lava" when you were a kid?  We are (or should be) playing the adult version now every single time you got out in public.  Just assume every single surface (including the damn floor) is contaminated.  Expect that your shoes are contaminated.  Expect that your hands are contaminated (whether wearing gloves or not).  If you get in your car after shopping, expect your car where your shoes and hands touch is contaminated.  etc. etc. etc. 

• Like 2

They need to close grocery stores to the unwashed masses. That is really the last place people are gathering in mass at this point. Start letting only the Instacart people in and then HEB start hiring all these out of work retail and restaurant workers to come in and put together HEB curbside orders.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

They need to close grocery stores to the unwashed masses. That is really the last place people are gathering in mass at this point. Start letting only the Instacart people in and then HEB start hiring all these out of work retail and restaurant workers to come in and put together HEB curbside orders.

Too many poor people without internet and old people that couldn’t figure out how to order groceries. 

I like the idea though.

3 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I went last night, the store was fairly empty and people were keeping their distance. The majority of shoppers had masks on. Most people had gloves although I did see several people walking around with produce bags on their hands. The bad part is that you would see people pulling their masks down to talk, using their phone with their gloved hands, etc. I’m in one of the lock down states so they are only allowing one family member in and they have a line outside to only let in 20% of the store’s capacity at a time.

3 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Too many poor people without internet and old people that couldn’t figure out how to order groceries. 

I like the idea though.

They could still implement that for walk ups.  People at a booth take your order, pass it to the hunter-gatherers, and you wait till it comes out. 

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I like the idea though.

My employer is a non-profit that serves mostly low to no income folks on govt assistance for everything. What we have found is that no matter how poor someone is, everyone seems to have a cell phone with data service. I think your concerns would be an easy problem to tackle IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I like the idea though.

Then have them show up with a list, schedule a pick up time and have them come back

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I like the idea though.

What about place an order outside, give us the list, and we procure it?  Go sit in your car and wait (or over at the smoke shack with the others)?

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So wait.... are we talking about cleaning a house ?

Having a good maid is fantastic.  You get to have almost as much sex with them as you do your wife, BUT they clean stuff, put stuff away and will do things you ask of them.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

So I was at the local HEB yesterday getting my rations.  It was depressing as Hell.  People were making no eye contact, staying away from each other all looking defeated.  Shelves were ok but it is take what you can get.  I assume this is what shopping in Russia is like.

One thing I did notice though was that usually HEB has those coupons hanging in front of stuff they are running specials on.  Not a single one in the store.  I assume it is cause they run specials on stuff they are over stocked on and now everything is being bought.  While I am thankful they have most of what we need they are making a killing right now.  And fuck the hoarders.

The coupons themselves would be an unnecessary risk of spreading the virus and would put the checkers at even more risk because it increases their contact with people.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

The coupons themselves would be an unnecessary risk of spreading the virus and would put the checkers at even more risk because it increases their contact with people.

Really, cause they are touching everything else that is put on the counter, plus cash if it is used.  What difference is another piece of paper going to be?  Everybody in the store is touching everything anyway, even people with gloves.  

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Really, cause they are touching everything else that is put on the counter, plus cash if it is used.  What difference is another piece of paper going to be?  Everybody in the store is touching everything anyway, even people with gloves.  

Every little bit helps.  Every infected person creates a new cluster of infected people.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:37 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Oof yea worldometer recap

As said by ctj and many here.. this mornings NY report meant it was going to be a rough day and it was.

+1300 cases +300 deaths

Deadliest day in the country at 1320 +~400 from yesterday

We seem to be in a up down up down cycle which I guess beats going up up up.

I guess a plus side is 12 states have 100+ deaths. Hoping we can see the peak here in the next month and a lot of those states including some (IL, Mass, penn, Georgia, Washington) stay under 1000 for as long as they can.

A lot of states ranked between 20-40 for population are doing real good containing their spread

If we can keep those states from freaking out, I like our chances

I quoted this only because it was the first post I found from Friday mentioning the death total after the nightly update, and I thought 1300 was where we were. Worldometer has now updated Friday to “only” 1045.  Last night was now the first 1300 night, at least as of now

55 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

many retailers are no longer running promo pricing because of the risk of being massively out of stock on any given item.

The thing that blows my mind is the fresh meat prices. It might not be gouging, but it's fucking close.

20 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Having a good maid is fantastic.  You get to have almost as much sex with them as you do your wife, BUT they clean stuff, put stuff away and will do things you ask of them.  

Subscribed. Where do i find one of these "maids"?

15 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Went to discount tire friday, when i handed them my keys, they held out a sandwich size ziplock and asked me to put my keys inside.  they then took the key out, did their work, put the key back in the baggie and handed it to me.  WTF?

I quoted this only because it was the first post I found from Friday mentioning the death total after the nightly update, and I thought 1300 was where we were. Worldometer has now updated Friday to “only” 1045.  Last night was now the first 1300 night, at least as of now

I’m noticing they fudge with their numbers too

20 minutes ago, Brew said:

I went last night, the store was fairly empty and people were keeping their distance. The majority of shoppers had masks on. Most people had gloves although I did see several people walking around with produce bags on their hands. The bad part is that you would see people pulling their masks down to talk, using their phone with their gloved hands, etc. I’m in one of the lock down states so they are only allowing one family member in and they have a line outside to only let in 20% of the store’s capacity at a time.

Good friend went to local Costco (not sure why if not critical) and he said they had everyone lined up to enter in the back of the store and 6’ apart outside.  They let one person in at a time and only let one shopper per row.  Checkout was 3 at each register.  1 cashier, 1 person touching the merchandise and one person sanitizing the area before and after, including the register.

it is set up one way only so it is a little like an IKEA where you can’t pick and choose aisles, just follow the path.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away