Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

8 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

I don’t work a vent, dickhead.  If you read my earlier responses I said we were allowed to them as medical students and ED docs do them in emergencies. And your long winded responses to most everything that don’t really add anything make you as useless as Brisket. I’d take a 100 CTJ’s over  both of you. 

And judging by your posting history I would’ve guessed you were either a community hospital physician or work at a VA. You just seem the “type”. 

You don't/can't work a vent? You don't say. Color me shocked. Duh.

Lots of good/great community hospitals out there, and lot's of talented docs working at VAs. They don't just exist so you can have somewhere to point to for your own glorification. Lot's of good physician-extenders that shouldn't be maligned unfairly either, but hey, if you are the type that needs someone to put down.... 

• Like 3

Boris now in intensive care 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.

A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and is receiving "excellent care".

Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise "where necessary", the spokesman added.

The prime minister, 55, was admitted to hospital in London with "persistent symptoms" on Sunday evening.

A No 10 statement read: "The prime minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas' Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Isn't Fat Bastard like a cardiac surgeon or something like that?

Beyond that I am intrigued by the Justin Tucker event insomuch as will you pay him extra to sing Opera or Singing In the Rain while he kicks said balls?

He could sing “Mask-erade” while he wound up 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Here's a recording from the ship

Can't believe that the SECNAV is using words like "betrayal" (IE - treason) that actually have repercussions per black letter UCMJ regs. Especially coming from the SECNAV. I wonder if they'll follow through with the accusation of treason.

I’m assuming this is a politically appointed office?

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at Nate Silver. Still trying to be relevant after getting his pants pulled down during the 2016 election. 538 is garbage at everything, even sports. Their article a couple years ago about why Saquon Barkley would be a terrible NFL RB is a funny read.

This ain't CR.

1 minute ago, pacman said:

I believe "acting" is a maneuver to avoid confirmation

yeah, that's part of it, but wasn't a hundred percent sure for which positions. know he has used it for some of the intelligence positions

Edited by naija

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

I’m assuming this is a politically appointed office?

Appointed by the president, typically confirmed by the Senate. This cabinet member (like the majority of our current cabinet) are acting, meaning they do not have senate confirmation for that post and are generally outside of the typical "inform and consent" role of the Senate. (would you like to know more about the "acting" label?)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at Nate Silver. Still trying to be relevant after getting his pants pulled down during the 2016 election. 538 is garbage at everything, even sports. Their article a couple years ago about why Saquon Barkley would be a terrible NFL RB is a funny read.

I'm not sure how his pants were pulled down? The 538 model gave Trump an actual probability to win the election. Many other models not so much. /noCR

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh shut up you pussy.  Good lord.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Mostly that.

It looks like you've got some good news today, jimmy. Some places appear to be leveling off or nearing it, but Michigan has flat out exploded today with over 1500 new cases (not so much a deviation from the past week-ish) and 110 new deaths (77 was yesterday, which was either the previous high or close to it). 

I don't know if it's going to be enough to get you to your death target of 50,000 by next Wednesday, but I'm sure you'll keep your fingers crossed. You need about 1700 to keel over today and another 2100-ish tomorrow at the national level to hit your trajectory. I'm not sure you're going to get there, but hey, you've got your math and curves to keep you company. 

Edited by closetojumping

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Amazing you think that just mentioning that an election took place in 2016 is CR. 

I mean it's not CR, but you are just showing a considerable lack of critical thinking skills if you are one of these "hurr durr Nate Silver sucks and got smoked in 2016" people since he objectively did not and has been extremely accurate of a very long time period.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

so kind of like you on any MLB thread?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

By spyware, I assume you're talking about the Drivewise feature on the Allstate app. I just did some digging on that today and it seems like that monitors your driving activity to reward safe drivers in some way. Not sure if there's a downside to using it other than worse battery life, or if you're concerned about Allstate knowing how fast you drive.

Really?  "Sorry you exceeded the speed limit by 1 MPH, claim denied!" "Sorry, our data shows that when you swerved to miss that deer and crashed, you pulled .1G higher than the car is rated for, denied!"

I guess if you're a perfect driver, never exceed the speed limit, never drive "too far" in a year, and never drive into areas Allstate considers "risky," then the premium discount you can use until they deny your claim is pretty sweet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

you're saying that the bottom 3 masks DO nothing (or next to it) to stop a sick person, wearing the mask, from getting others sick?  BS.

As was shown earlier. Any mask is better than none.  Some think the primary way people are getting corona is from touching their face.  A mask can help reinforce/train you not to touch your face.  

Just now, F250 said:

Everytime I check the latest Covid news.spacer.png

Same here. I've tried to stop visiting Worldometer so much as it's just depressing as shit. I only visit this thread now to judge people for going to HEB in-person and to see who CTJ will shame next. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Txzen said:

COVID deaths, per capita by state for April 5th link. Low numbers likely 'noisy' due to low death counts.

Reveal hidden contents

EU4sbV6UcAAgKql?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Regional incidence, per capita :

East

Reveal hidden contents

EU4rJJtUUAAScTH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

South - DC coming on strong, hoping LA begins to flatten

Reveal hidden contents

EU4rJJ8UEAIOl6g?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Midwest

Reveal hidden contents

EU4rJJiUwAA-OZL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

West

Reveal hidden contents

EU4rJKNU8AALU3C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I'd like to strenuously object to TX being lumped into the South.  Just because aggy chose to jump ship, doesn't mean the rest of the state should be penalized. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, naija said:

You don't/can't work a vent? You don't say. Color me shocked. Duh.

Lots of good/great community hospitals out there, and lot's of talented docs working at VAs. They don't just exist so you can have somewhere to point to for your own glorification. Lot's of good physician-extenders that shouldn't be maligned unfairly either, but hey, if you are the type that needs someone to put down.... 

You nailed it. He thinks he is better and smarter than everyone and is so insecure and dead inside that he makes himself feel better by looking down and belittling others. It's even more pathetic and disgusting to witness in person.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

Your family is not already sitting around like this? 

spacer.png

Oh I have the entire house foiled,  5 layers on walls, 10 on windows, and 12 on the attic floor. Make sur the shiny side is facing out every other layer... very important.

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:

Lol, go back to your community hospital, bro. I’m sure it’s great. 

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:

I don’t work a vent, dickhead.  If you read my earlier responses I said we were allowed to them as medical students and ED docs do them in emergencies. And your long winded responses to most everything that don’t really add anything make you as useless as Brisket. I’d take a 100 CTJ’s over  both of you. 

And judging by your posting history I would’ve guessed you were either a community hospital physician or work at a VA. You just seem the “type”. 

Maybe I’m confusing you with someone else, but I don’t think this is the first time I’ve seen you instigate a doctor dick measuring contest. We get it. You think being a CV surgery attending at an academic facility is the shit. That’s great. Maybe you’re doing some cutting edge shit. Or maybe you just weren’t good enough to cut it in private practice without an institution to back up your salary. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away