Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Been a few days since an update but still confidence Chicago is in good shape and has flattened the curve.  What's that mean around these parts?  Looks like we expect the hospitals to be stress tested quite a bit from April 10 to the first week of May.  But right now it looks like we have enough vents etc. 

I'll try to get more details later including posting what's up with COVID palliative units we are planning.  Bit scary if you or a family member has to end up in one of those.  

Thanks dude. Keep doing the good work. We appreciate your posts. 

is there any discussion about the reports from Asia about being tested negative to recover then testing positive later? Is the lean more towards faulty testing as opposed to a dormant stage of the virus, or still gathering intel? I assume even for someone like you who has an antibody green card there is still a concern of overwhelming viral load at a hospital?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Uh, no.  We are not in anyway related to OU.

You mean to tell me you never suck on da pussy?  There are different kinds of suck you know... there's the good kind, and then of course there's the blowu kind.

Edit:  and please, never use "related" and ou in the same sentence or phrase, flat made me nauseous.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, we really think there was a lot of COVID testing that wasn't that accurate in certain overseas locations.  But this is all conjecture.  I don't think there's much proof that those that have actual antibodies are getting it again.  Now if you have a weakened immune system, you may not form antibodies even after actually having COVID, so then you would still be susceptible.  But for 99% of us, we should be fine if we get antibodies.  And remember if you are not that symptomatic much of the science seems to point to you shedding less virus.  Which explains how I had it and none of my facilities ended up with it in the time period I seem to have been infected. So that gives some peace of mind. 

This virus, like any, can mutate but we are fairly certain it has not mutated all that much although there seem to be a few distinct strains out there (8 from what I heard a few days ago).  With those type of things I'm counting on what I hear from real experts, I'm far from a virologist.  But I do have access to some people really in the know and I do half my days via telehealth now so I'm watching more TV then ever - it's usually on in the background but I'll rewind if something interesting pops up.  The last couple of days much of the rage was on how long these viruses can stay on surfaces...it just didn't make much sense to me that we wouldn't see a LOT more spread if that was the case.  Well here's where I was referred by someone more knowledgeable than myself:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronavirusfrontlines/2020/04/07/a-virologist-explains-why-hyped-studies-tell-us-very-little-about-the-likelihood-of-covid-19-coronavirus-transmission/#30e170bc1abe  Funny that I'm more of the business doc and this article was in Forbes of all places. 

Anyways, it's hard to wade through all the bullshit but we try.  Stay safe out there my Surly brethren...

You're a damned good man ChiTown.  Thank you for all your input with all this mess going on.  You and the rest of the Surly Docs have really helped the rest of us understand more clearly what is going on, and helped us separate the B.S. from fact.  You guys have also kept stress and worry levels manageable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Our worldometer recap

We all saw today was gonna be rough when NY came out with 730 on their own.

They actually had 2000 fewer cases than yesterday and as a country we’re under 30k cases for basically every day besides 2 since April 1. Starting to get flat line there. There’s even a tick on April 4th which is good.

Damn your jinx. Worldometer and bnonews both showing 33,000+ new cases today. 

LA, MA, PA, IL, GA, CT, CA, FL, CO, IN, MO, and a bunch of other states showing a pretty big jump in fatalities today. In fact, 17 states reported a 20% or greater increase in total deaths. Another 17 states reported between a 12% and 20% total increase. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RayDog said:

427 people went to a cockfight in Davao where one person was infected. 82 are sick, with 65 of those testing positive so far and 11 are dead. So keep your cock at home.

What has been the temperature and humidity there over the last week?

Damn your jinx. Worldometer and bnonews both showing 33,000+ new cases today. 
LA, MA, PA, IL, GA, CT, CA, FL, CO, IN, MO, and a bunch of other states showing a pretty big jump in fatalities today. In fact, 17 states reported a 20% or greater increase in total deaths. Another 17 states reported between a 12% and 20% total increase. 

Worldometer needs to get their shit in line. 0:00 GMT means 0:00

Last Tuesday the daily death count took a 54% jump from the Monday daily death count.  It seems to have done that again though not quite as dramatic % wise today.  Seems like Tuesday as others said is becoming a catch up day....no surprise Tuesday is pretty much the shittiest day

• Like 1

What shit?

Seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

He thought you were being a dick but he was the one being a dick, there are multiple docs on here providing good perspective and insight as you alluded to.

Or something, idk man

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ABSR said:

What has been the temperature and humidity there over the last week?

It is early Philippine summer here so 93-95 F and 60% plus humidity. It will get a little hotter until rainy season starts in June.

6 hours ago, Hate said:

I posted a link to a story a few days ago that reported over 200k people had flown from China to the US just before travel from China was banned. That was only for direct flights. It didn’t not count any people on transfer flights. Detroit was one of the major destinations as was New York and Seattle.

The large airline hubs with transpacific service appear to be nexus points.  Some of them.  New York, Detroit, Seattle, all make sense.  But then you've got LA, SF and Chicago which have not blown up, and in the case of LA and SF you've got a dozen daily China flights plus another dozen from the region.

Last Tuesday the daily death count took a 54% jump from the Monday daily death count.  It seems to have done that again though not quite as dramatic % wise today.  Seems like Tuesday as others said is becoming a catch up day....no surprise Tuesday is pretty much the shittiest day

9/11 happened on a Tuesday too
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Proposal: it's time to start doing a 7-day rolling average to smooth out the noise, lag, and other variances.  Then derive a blended 3-day rolling average for all of the data sources.

33 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Medical Professionals had a dick measuring contest a day or so ago.

33 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Throw up the doc bat signal and they’ll be arguing over who has the biggest stethoscope.

It was a joke.

33 minutes ago, bluto said:

He thought you were being a dick but he was the one being a dick, there are multiple docs on here providing good perspective and insight as you alluded to.

Or something, idk man

I guess I missed out on the contest.  Although if I were a doctor I'd probably be pretty proud also.

Full disclosure:  Started out pre-med but, despite my overwhelming desire to help others...too lazy, too dumb, too addicted to wimmenz and all their immeasurable charms to hang with it.  Alas, the world needs construction workers too.

Seriously though, I have the utmost respect for the doctors we have here.  As a physical wreck at 63, they have oftentimes offered advice and guidance without solicitation.  When this Covid19 crap hit high gear, I woke up feeling like hell with a 102' fever.  Newdoc told me about how to get pre-screened here in the land of gangrape.  Within 24 hours I had my results (negative) where otherwise I would have freaked the hell out not knowing what to do to get help away from home.

Yeah, sometimes they can be a proud arrogant lot, but I'm damned glad we've got them and not have to go to an electrician or Walmart greeter for guidance.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Guys...please do this. The hit to the Capital Area Food Bank today was brutal. Tens of thousands of our neighbors are hungry right now. Help them out.

Yes sir.  And giving cash is king.  I help out some with our local one.  Send money now.  My wife and I still have jobs so we are actually saving money because we are home. If you are in the same situation and have extra cash flow, give it away to food banks.  This situation is devastating financially for many of your fellow locals -- they have lost wages, rent/mortgage is due, and they cannot afford groceries.  Keeping food in people's stomachs is the least we can do.  If you are one of the lucky ones who still has the ability, now is the time to help.

• Like 5

427 people went to a cockfight in Davao where one person was infected. 82 are sick, with 65 of those testing positive so far and 11 are dead. So keep your cock at home.

I bet my great granddaddy’s fighting cock won. The Hill McClanahan Claret. Or as we called them the McClanahan Red. Almost as nasty as Hill himself.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He's left enough bread crumbs behind to make him pretty easy to doxx...or for us to puzzle out his real name after he pulls the Phil Hartman's wife routine. Or maybe he is known to some of y'all already. 

I can speak for Sydney as well as myself on this one - our preference is come short of doxxing people, even when they make it easy, even if they suck as posters. We should all be able to believe that we trust each other to not trust each other too much. 

2 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

I have a buddy in NYC who found out today two of his co-workers didn’t make it. One was 55, the other 30 and just married a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you provide any further details about these cases from your friend? Might not make sense due to terrible timing, but if anything is volunteered, I think this thread would like to learn more about this kind of thing. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I believe we all respect them. The dick measuring was amongst themselves. We just had to be subjected to it.

Pretty sure that happens in all professions/trades, and no... ain't nobody measuring my frighteningly huge professional penis😁 you'll just have to take my word for it that I'm the best...at whatever the hell it is that I do 

Edited by SHOOTER12

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can speak for Sydney as well as myself on this one - our preference is come short of doxxing people, even when they make it easy, even if they suck as posters. We should all be able to believe that we trust each other to not trust each other too much. 

Long game is long

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kudos for that tip.  + rep coming

In Houston we just Instacart from H-E-B.  When we place we put first available and it always says the order it will come in 2-3 days later.  Then a shopper becomes available and we get our groceries probably within no more than 4 hours of placing order.  This has happened every time we have done it -- and that is 4 times.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away