Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

https://myremedy.com/remedy-opens-drive-through-testing-open-air-clinic-in-south-austin/

You’ll do a brief phone interview then they’ll assign you a time if you meet the criteria. The ex called Monday and was getting tested same-day.  She has no symptoms but had a flu in late January which lasted about 7-10 days which she suspected may be Covid so they told her to swing by.  

Thanks for posting this. Several in my family had same thing in January. Did the test come back COVID or antibodies?

Police: Cashier sprayed in eyes with Lysol by customer angry about purchase limit

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/police-cashier-sprayed-in-eyes-with-lysol-by-customer-angry-about-purchase-limit

LEICESTER, Mass. - Police in Massachusetts are asking for the public's help to identify a woman accused of spraying Lysol in a cashier's eyes after being told of a purchase limit.

Leicester police said the incident happened on March 27, when the cashier at a Walmart told the woman there was a purchase limit on Lysol and other disinfectant products.

That's when the woman sprayed the cashier in the eyes, then completed her purchase and left the store in what they believe was an Uber.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasGolf said:

I once read a book that - using clear, factual data and rigorous analysis -concluded that the Ark of the Covenant was an Alien weapon that the Jewish people stole from the Egyptians in order to free themselves.  They ultimately hid it on Elephantine Island, where it sits to this day guarded by a secret sect of African Jews.

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I once read a book that - using clear, factual data and rigorous analysis -concluded that the Ark of the Covenant was an Alien weapon that the Jewish people stole from the Egyptians in order to free themselves.  They ultimately hid it on Elephantine Island, where it sits to this day guarded by a secret sect of African Jews.

Big if true.

• Like 9

Great news. Social distancing seems to have been followed more than people anticipated.
On a related note, just got back from a dog walk and I noticed that my neighbor a few doors down has their maid there today. She drives one of those colorful cars advertising the corporate cleaning services. I get wanting a clean house and supporting your housekeeper but how can you allow someone in your house right now? Especially someone that is presumably in other people's houses each day?  Even if you avoided getting close to you maid, if she has COVID, the virus will most likely be on every surface in the house.
She's there for dirty sex bro.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I worry that when deaths and new cases start to go down, people will slowly stop social distancing.  And this messaging is that both will start to drop within a week.

It's already starting.  By this time next week easing restrictions will be THE talk at local and national levels.  We don't have near the testing platform in place, particularly in Texas, but don't expect that nuance, or the fact that the sole reason deaths are coming in low because of social distancing, to be grasped by the "just a flu" crowd that will be back and vocal in full force.  It will be fascinating to see how local officials handle it.   At a micro level, outside of NY/NJ and a handful of other places that did have capacity issues, I don't think anyone's individual risk has shifted whatsoever from February until now.  None of the potential drugs have proven effective with any clinical relevance to date (maybe that changes with ongoing drug trials).  

Maybe opening up most businesses + limiting bars and restaurants to some percentage of capacity and seated service only + continued ban on large gatherings + more frequent use of masks in public, is enough to prevent a rapid spread in most places but I kind of doubt it.

This is correct 100%.  No one could have seen this coming.  Unfortunately most people will agree with this for people they support but say the opposite for people the don’t.  It’s just the idiocy of the human race.  Bunch of fucking Monday Morning Quarterbacks on both sides.  

Something like this happens every 50 years, and with more population, will occur more frequently. Epidemiologists have published papers. Governments have plans. There are even popular app games that show how viruses can spread. Most of the characteristics of this virus could be simulated years ago.

Back in January when the nature of the disease finally became widely known, some governments responded early and people in our government asked to ramp up preparation (travel restrictions, equipment, testing).

I cut slack on elected officials because it takes massive amount of political will to take pro-active measures before the severity of the virus appears in a community. It’s one thing to know a problem exists. It’s another thing to actually do something about it and take actions that are not always going to be popular.
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

good news guys, this dude has 102 silver bullets!

other info on him - he has 469 twitter followers and appears to be a nutcase.

Kevin Galalae is the world’s foremost independent authority on the globalization-depopulation axis around which the international system has revolved since the inception of the United Nations in 1945, and the first to expose and scientifically demonstrate the existence, methods and consequences of the Global Depopulation Policy. He is the founder and Director of the Center of Global Consciousness (CGC), which is dedicated to the eradication of all covert chemical, biological, psychosocial and economic methods of population control and to their replacement with overt population control legislation through a global replacement level fertility law.

https://www.progressivepress.com/author/kevin-galalae

18 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Silver bullet 54 In Germany, some clinics can no longer accept patients – not because there are too many patients or too few beds, but because the nursing staff have tested positive, although in most cases they hardly show any symptoms. This case illustrates again how and why health care systems are getting paralysed.

You can tell there is no pandemic because so many people are testing positive!

5 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

And apparently doing that is killing fish or something, too.

It's being dumped in manure lagoons to be later applied to fields (just like manure.)  I'n not sure why it's any more likely to end up in rivers than regular manure.

This is an odd problem, as many grocery stores have struggled to keep their coolers full.  I think it has to do with the supply chain shifting from a mix of retail, schools and restaurants, to ALL retail.  Add to that, some plants are having to run at reduced capacity because they have people out sick/quarantined.

Regardless, it stinks very much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Silver bullet 88 If there truly was a pandemic caused by a virus called COVID-19 the rate of death would be the same or nearly the same throughout the world. But since this is not the case, the number of deaths double in some countries every 2 days, in others every 3 days, in yet others every 5 days and in a few even every 10 days.

Why? The only logical answer is that some countries are more committed than others in faking a pandemic. And they are less committed because they are not trying to euthanize its old and sick people under the cover of the fake COVID-19 pandemic.

That's some mighty fine sciencing there, Lou.

• Like 2

1. Hospitals must be able to safely treat all patients needing hospitalization without resorting to crisis standards of care.
2. A state needs to be able to test at least everyone with symptoms.
3. The state can monitor confirmed cases and contacts.
4. Cases must continue to decrease for 14 days.

4 Benchmarks needed to end social distancing

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/the-4-benchmarks-needed-to-end-social-distancing.html?origin=QualityE&utm_source=QualityE&utm_medium=email&oly_enc_id=9007D0400978A4T
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It might have been in the Junior Miller kills his wife thread, actually, now that I think about it man. Try there. There was a $50 drive through place you can go. 

Thanks, it was at Remedy Austin, so you must have to call in and meet their criteria before you can get it.  My wife and her mom and dad had a weird cold or something towards the end of January.  My wife had the worst cough I've ever seen her had.  I am curious to see if they had it, but I doubt it will be enough to convince Remedy to test us right now.

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

silver bullet 84 is far and away the best so far

Google's data on the mobility changes due to the various measures imposed by governments to stop the spread of COVID-19 shows that the many nations that imposed lockdowns have much higher infection and mortality rates than the few nations that didn't, such as Sweden, Belarus, Taiwan, South Korea and the Netherlands. It is therefore clear that quarantine measures not only do not work but are in fact counterproductive as they result in much higher infection and mortality rates in addition to economic hardship that will have disastrous long-term consequences not only on the standard of living but also on human health.

IT IS THEREFORE CLEAR!

Just now, NoName said:

silver bullet 84 is far and away the best so far

IT IS THEREFORE CLEAR!

oh wow. I spoke too soon. clearly silver bullet 85 is the best one. 

game over............lets go homeeeeeeeee!

The current data on the global spread of COVID-19 shows paradoxically that the world's poorest nations have virtually no infections while the world's richest nations have the most infections. If this so-called pandemic were real the situation would be reversed. One must therefore conclude that the COVID-19 is either a virus that infects only rich people who live in countries with great sanitation and advanced medical systems or it is a disease invented to serve political, environmental and geopolitical purposes.

29 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So at the end of May we go back to normal life and this does not spike?  Not buying it.

Well no, I doubt on June 1 that there will be a national proclamation for everyone to return to their lives as normal. There will still be social distancing suggestions and crowd restrictions. Some states/cities will rush back (looking at you Alabama), others will dial back more gradually.

2 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

https://myremedy.com/remedy-opens-drive-through-testing-open-air-clinic-in-south-austin/

You’ll do a brief phone interview then they’ll assign you a time if you meet the criteria. The ex called Monday and was getting tested same-day.  She has no symptoms but had a flu in late January which lasted about 7-10 days which she suspected may be Covid so they told her to swing by.  

I realized I replied to the wrong person. 

the link only mentions testing to see if you have the virus. I couldn’t find any mention of the antibody testing. Do you have a link to it?  Are you sure it was antibody testing?  

ok i am just going to group these moving forward

Silver bullet 88 - aka I don't understand math and the Catholics want to euthanize everyone

If there truly was a pandemic caused by a virus called COVID-19 the rate of death would be the same or nearly the same throughout the world. But since this is not the case, the number of deaths double in some countries every 2 days, in others every 3 days, in yet others every 5 days and in a few even every 10 days.

Why? The only logical answer is that some countries are more committed than others in faking a pandemic. And they are less committed because they are not trying to euthanize its old and sick people under the cover of the fake COVID-19 pandemic.

The nations with the most deaths and the fastest rate of death have the oldest populations, the highest median age, the most underfunded pension plans and the highest per capita debt. As such, it is in their interest to euthanize as many old and sick people as possible to save themselves from financial collapse.

The nations with the most deaths and the fastest rate of death are also Catholic (Italy, Spain, France) and that means they cannot euthanize the old as it would violate the Church's doctrines. Instead they have received the Church's permission to euthanize the old in one mass killing event under the cover of a fake pandemic. And that is precisely what they are doing.

Silver bullet 89 - aka USA! USA! USA!

Why would the same virus, COVID-19, behave in such a radically different manner in the US
compared to other nations presumably afflicted by it? Why would it explode in such a manner and
progress three times faster and three times further than anywhere else on the planet?
Because the US does not want to miss the best opportunity ever to pursue its geopolitical objectives
and because it always wants to be the first at everything, even at disaster. That means the COVID-19
virus is under political control and not under the control of nature.
COVID-19 is not a viral disease but a political one and is as contagious as heads of state and
government decide it to be

Silver bullet 97 - it's just the flu, nothing to see here!

Silver bullet 97 In a 40-minute interview, the internationally renowned epidemiology professor Knut Wittkowski from New York explains that the measures taken on Covid19 are all counterproductive. Instead of "social distancing", school closures, "lock down", mouth masks, mass tests and vaccinations, life must continue as undisturbed as possible and immunity must be built up in the population as quickly as possible. According to all findings to date, Covid-19 is no more dangerous than previous influenza epidemics. Isolation now would only cause a "second wave" later.

yeah, i'm done here. 

• Like 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It was... i believe it was at 90k on April 1 before they updated their charts on the 2nd to 81k

Right, they're consistently revising it down as they feed their model more data and tweak their assumptions.

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

This is correct 100%.  No one could have seen this coming.  Unfortunately most people will agree with this for people they support but say the opposite for people the don’t.  It’s just the idiocy of the human race.  Bunch of fucking Monday Morning Quarterbacks on both sides.  

Agree on the Monday morning QBing whole heartedly.  That said, we had around 100 years to see this coming(that includes a lot of different leaders from both parties).   the question is twofold(I'll leave the how much is a life worth for another day)

1. How much responsibility is it of the States to prepare their population and themselves(hospitals, devices, disease control, etc)

2. Considering you can't wish a vaccine into existence.  How much money do we want to spend to really prepare for something that may happen once every 100 to 200 years.  See NY and the ventilators as an example.

there is a 3rd though - when the fuck is China gonna close down their fucking  live bat markets?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I realized I replied to the wrong person. 

the link only mentions testing to see if you have the virus. I couldn’t find any mention of the antibody testing. Do you have a link to it?  Are you sure it was antibody testing?  

I couldn't get through by phone, but scheduled a "video visit" for later today and will report if they are currently testing for antibodies.  In the online patient questionnaire, I did specify that my symptoms exhibited March 13-17, so someone should know that I'm not currently symptomatic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

2. Considering you can't wish a vaccine into existence.  How much money do we want to spend to really prepare for something that may happen once every 100 to 200 years.  See NY and the ventilators as an example.

And what projects DON'T get funded because someone ordered 500X the annual requirement for ventilators, gloves, etc. 

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I couldn't get through by phone, but scheduled a "video visit" for later today and will report if they are currently testing for antibodies.  In the online patient questionnaire, I did specify that my symptoms exhibited March 13-17, so someone should know that I'm not currently symptomatic. 

Thanks. I would have thought if someone was doing a public antibody test it would have been a big deal. We will be driving to Austin tomorrow if this is real and there isn’t one in Houston. 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I deleted my post because I realized what I said was wrong. I got caught with the "2006" in your tagline.

I do find it interesting that your post is getting posrepped. If someone similarly pointed out the federal government's failings, which are objectively far greater than selling some old vents years ago, this thread would be crying and moaning like usual. In fact, I'm sure there will be whining about this post. And yet, cheap, barely relevant, thinly veiled political potshots like yours are encouraged. Very interesting.

Bureaucracy extends to all levels of government. I did not make the distinction that it was only states. I am an equal opportunity hater of pretty much everything in D.C.

It's like having the FDA fast track the approval of the machine that can sterilize up to 80,000 the N95 masks, per day. But the FDA only gave them early approval for 10,000 per day.

It has/had to be done.

From March 29:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/ohio/articles/2020-03-29/ohio-governor-presses-for-mask-sterilization-ok-from-feds

COLUMBUS, OHIO (AP) — Ohio's governor said Sunday he expects federal regulators to soon clear the way for wide use of a Columbus-based company's services to sterilize N95 masks.

Battelle, a private research lab, says its process, which involves the use of hydrogen peroxide under pressure, can refurbish a single mask up to 20 times before the mask has to be discarded. Shortages of the N95 masks have occurred around the country, and Gov. Mike DeWine said that is also true among Ohio's health care workers.

DeWine said it was reckless that the number of masks Battelle is authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to sterilize every day hasn't already increased from 10,000.

The company says it can handle far more masks and has been working to set up sterilization systems in other parts of the country.

DeWine, a Republican, said he received assurances Sunday from President Donald Trump and the Food and Drug Administration commissioner that the approval would be handled quickly.

A Battelle official said the company has been setting up logistical details with Ohio hospitals and is poised to begin collecting and cleaning masks from around the state in the coming days.

One of Battelle's systems is in place in Long Island, New York, another is on its way to New York and others could soon be sent to Seattle, Chicago and Washington, D.C., said Battelle chief executive Lewis Von Thaer, who appeared with DeWine by video.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away