Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think ChiTownDoc mentioned this being the case sometime mid march.  My guess is there was enough insider knowledge from other countries that it could help and there was no real downside to taking it.

I guess if there were strong evidence already, there'd be some sort of push to make it a big deal for people ahead of showing symptoms. At least that's what I figure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  A lot of people with no money are going to reduce their stress.   

Well, maybe not back to pre Covid days, but they definitely can improve their plight. After all, money is not the most important thing, but not the least imprtant thing either (Maslow)

I have put the challenge to my family to emerge out of this better than we started.  Maybe not financially, but of sounder mind and body and spirit.  So far it is not going great, but I am seeing improvement.

My oldest son is a  jazz musician in New Orleans and he has really been hit hard.  He just bought a house last year and then was feeling so good about himself and the fact that he was able to get a tenant for the other side of his old shotgun home (that actually pays for his whole mortgage and escrow) that he lived it up and got into  some what I would call mild credit card debt.  He was fortunate in that while he was saving for his down payment for his house, he made some extra cash doing the Uber thing.  Right now he is doing Uber Eats and he is keeping afloat.  Fortunately his tenants are a husband/wife that work at Tulane and they have kept paying the rent.

I put my challenge to him, and he does not seems too phased. Of course, this is assuming no medical implications from the virus, and some sort of phase back to normal life within a reasonable period of time, of which I have seen no indication of happening. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Don't ask stupid questions if you don't want them answered. Were you expecting the doctors here to tell you to just go ahead and start creating an intravenous product containing unproven COVID cures and throwing that shit on the countertops of every 7-11 in the country next to the five hour energy, complete with a DIY IV drip kit? The fuck did you and CTJ think was going to happen asking such a stupid question?

You guys supposedly have doctors and politicians and all that in your orbit. Why are you asking here? Jesus Christ. 

I didn’t ask a fucking question period you mouth-breathing fucktard. And the only question that was asked period was “does anyone have any updated info on this  drug?” So to you that’s a stupid question is it? No one even suggested using it for sale and profit, and CTJ spelled that out about 25 posts ago, and before I even posted the very same quote of mine you have above. Your schikt is tired. 

and by the way,  there are all kinds of doctors that are busy right now or fighting covid Isnt their specialty. Or do you think all doctors have a hive mind and know everything every other doctor in the world knows? 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I didn’t ask a fucking question period you mouth-breathing fucktard. And the only question that was asked period was “does anyone have any updated info on this  drug?” So to you that’s a stupid question is it? No one even suggested using it for sale and profit, and CTJ spelled that out about 25 posts ago, and before I even posted the very same quote of mine you have above. Your schikt is tired. 

and by the way,  there are all kinds of doctors that are busy right now or fighting covid Isnt their specialty. Or do you think all doctors have a hive mind and know everything every other doctor in the world knows? 

On a scale of 1 to 100 pounds, how much coke would you say you and CTJ do on any given day? And do you take off your Tapout shirts when you're pounding rails so as to not get powder all over them, or do you own so many that it doesn't matter?

PS - it's "schtick"

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 5

It's not new information, and I'm sure you know it already, but to re-iterate most of the articles and anecdotes I've seen that tout the success of hydrochloronique have to specifically have it paired with Zinc, which you isn't a problem for the business. That being said, I'm amazed at how often I read that many people testing this aren't combining it with zinc. It's baffling to me. But yes, everything else seems to support you have to take it early one, but once you're in a hospital or having severe breathing problems it isn't going to do much at all. For whatever that is worth moving forward. 

This is what I don’t understand. Several studies paired Zinc and showed good results but most aren’t using zinc.
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hate said:

I think it’s going to get pushed back a couple of weeks at least and wouldn’t be surprised to see it last until after Memorial Day. Whenever it does get started again, I think there will still be some things that don’t return to normal. I don’t think there will be big sporting events for a while as far as full houses for the stadiums. I think business travel will be discouraged to only essential (whatever that means), and I think that schools won’t be back until next year (August). Nothing really approaches normal until there is a vaccine or test/treatment similar to a strep test/treatment that a GP can diagnose and prescribe.

If you're telling me I have to wait until fucking June 1 for a haircut, I'm going to kill someone. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Back in my late 20s there was a fairly attractive french woman who was all over me despite many other guys pursuing her more than me in my "general social circle". We had sex, and after she made it perfectly clear she wanted to get married so she could stay and nationalise as a US citizen.

I told her I wasn't getting married any time soon to her or anyone.

We kept having sex and she ended up marrying a guy in my general social circle.

I was cool with it and so was she.

It worked out well for both of us. We both smoked and neither were fat.

Not sure how this applies to the topic, but wanted to share anyway.

Would you say she surrendered to your advances?   

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

On a scale of 1 to 100 pounds, how much coke would you say you and CTJ do on any given day? And do you take off your Tapout shirts when you're pounding rails so as to not get powder all over them, or do you own so many that it doesn't matter?

PS - it's "schtick"

Nice deflection and responding to none of my points because you can’t. And I apologize for my phone typing. It’s imperfect as am I. But your assessment of us is absolutely spot on, sir. I also have a barbed wire tattoo and Im actually Ed Hardy in real life. So yeah, all the cocaine. Fucking dipshit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is what I don’t understand. Several studies paired Zinc and showed good results but most aren’t using zinc.

Those weren't clinical studies with a control group, so there's no data to show that the drug(s) were the difference maker. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hahahahaha. That fucking guy. Good grief.

17 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

My oldest son is a  jazz musician in New Orleans and he has really been hit hard.

I'm not sure I'll ever go back to NOLA, and that makes me sad, because my first time there was just a few years back when my wife finally prevailed.  She and her family used to go there every summer, and she swore it was awesome, and I resisted, much the same as her Hawaii recs (although she hadn't been there) . . . in both cases, she was dead on right.

The last time we were there, we checked into Royal Sonesta, and heard a jazz band playing in the lounge.  There was a trumpet leading the band.  My son is a (sort of) trumpet player, in middle school at the time, so I tried to get the family to go listen -- he was the only one who bit.  We were all sorta wiped by the drive from Austin.  I got my son past the door guy with an extra $10 and we checked this band out.  This bandleader was fucking phenomenal.  The whole band was fucking phenomenal.  The trumpet player was probably in his 30s, with long dreadlocks, and just absolutely smoked on his instrument.  I was thinking "why is this guy not ridiculously famous?"  Afterwords, I looked him up -- he's the trumpet professor at UNO (and now Tulane) and has a Grammy award.  So, he is famous, but he's still playing for $5 a head in a hotel bar.  

That city is nuts.  Austin could learn a lot about live music from New Orleans.

Back to your regularly scheduled viral loading . . .

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nice deflection and responding to none of my points because you can’t. And I apologize for my phone typing. It’s imperfect as am I. But your assessment of us is absolutely spot on, sir. I also have a barbed wire tattoo and Im actually Ed Hardy in real life. So yeah, all the cocaine. Fucking dipshit. 

😂

You and CTJ have to be the same person. There's no way that any business can have two partners that are so equally high strung, thin skinned, and insecure as the two of you. I guess you guys weren't getting enough attention trying to big time the COVID business thread by asking inane questions that any of your dozens of powerful advisors, attorneys and bankers would have answers to, so you needed to come to the main thread and ask inane questions that any of your dozens of powerful medical advisors would have answers to.

"I'll just go ahead and come into this thread and ask a really stupid question that I should be asking our important, super real and legitimate business advisors that totally exist. Then when a subject matter expert, an actual doctor, answers, I'm going to jump down his throat with the entire might of my roid and coke rage for answering! Fuck yeah!"

It's a shame that you aren't getting enough attention in your home life. I'm sorry that you're going through that.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Doctors speculatively taking it as a prophylactic does not demonstrate evidence of clinical efficacy. That is called an anecdote. 

There has not yet been any clinical (or unchallenged anecdotal) data or evidence to show HCQ's efficacy. 

I did not say that it demonstrated evidence of clinical efficacy. And no, "Doctors speculatively taking it as a prophylactic" is not an anecdote. What you mean to say is that evidence of the drug's efficacy as a prophylactic is anecdotal. Doctors are, in fact, using the drug prophylactically. As someone else pointed out, ChiTownDoc has mentioned this as well.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Well, maybe not back to pre Covid days, but they definitely can improve their plight. After all, money is not the most important thing, but not the least imprtant thing either (Maslow)

I have put the challenge to my family to emerge out of this better than we started.  Maybe not financially, but of sounder mind and body and spirit.  So far it is not going great, but I am seeing improvement.

My oldest son is a  jazz musician in New Orleans and he has really been hit hard.  He just bought a house last year and then was feeling so good about himself and the fact that he was able to get a tenant for the other side of his old shotgun home (that actually pays for his whole mortgage and escrow) that he lived it up and got into  some what I would call mild credit card debt.  He was fortunate in that while he was saving for his down payment for his house, he made some extra cash doing the Uber thing.  Right now he is doing Uber Eats and he is keeping afloat.  Fortunately his tenants are a husband/wife that work at Tulane and they have kept paying the rent.

I put my challenge to him, and he does not seems too phased. Of course, this is assuming no medical implications from the virus, and some sort of phase back to normal life within a reasonable period of time, of which I have seen no indication of happening. 

I agree with you, that should be the goal.  My wife is finally convinced that pulling a fresh head of Romaine and Iceburg our of my garden is way better than spending $5 on 2x week on those H-E-B salad kits.  Once my cucumbers, bell peppers and other shit fills in than I will seriously only be buying meat, fruit and dairy at the grocery.  

1 minute ago, Bruno Sardine said:

I did not say that it demonstrated evidence of clinical efficacy. And no, "Doctors speculatively taking it as a prophylactic" is not an anecdote. What you mean to say is that evidence of the drug's efficacy as a prophylactic is anecdotal. Doctors are, in fact, using the drug prophylactically. As someone else pointed out, ChiTownDoc has mentioned this as well.

You are correct, I was not disagreeing that doctors are taking the drug. Merely wanted to emphasize that folks taking HCQ for CV19 are doing so speculatively with an educated, but as of yet untested guess

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure I'll ever go back to NOLA, and that makes me sad, because my first time there was just a few years back when my wife finally prevailed.  She and her family used to go there every summer, and she swore it was awesome, and I resisted, much the same as her Hawaii recs (although she hadn't been there) . . . in both cases, she was dead on right.

The last time we were there, we checked into Royal Sonesta, and heard a jazz band playing in the lounge.  There was a trumpet leading the band.  My son is a (sort of) trumpet player, in middle school at the time, so I tried to get the family to go listen -- he was the only one who bit.  We were all sorta wiped by the drive from Austin.  I got my son past the door guy with an extra $10 and we checked this band out.  This bandleader was fucking phenomenal.  The whole band was fucking phenomenal.  The trumpet player was probably in his 30s, with long dreadlocks, and just absolutely smoked on his instrument.  I was thinking "why is this guy not ridiculously famous?"  Afterwords, I looked him up -- he's the trumpet professor at UNO (and now Tulane) and has a Grammy award.  So, he is famous, but he's still playing for $5 a head in a hotel bar.  

That city is nuts.  Austin could learn a lot about live music from New Orleans.

Back to your regularly scheduled viral loading . . .

Damn bro, it took that much convincing that NOLA is one of the cultural hearths of our entire nation?   Oyster out front shoulda told ya. 

I absolutely love NOLA, and I hate what it does to me just as much.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Damn bro, it took that much convincing that NOLA is one of the cultural hearths of our entire nation?   Oyster out front shoulda told ya. 

Yep.  I love going on a pretty weekend in the winter.  Summer is not as much fun there.  The heat and the smell the heat exacerbates. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Can someone explain in a non-CR way how SK had the ability to do widespread drive-up testing nearly immediately but we're still in the "development" stage of tests that don't take many days (or even weeks)?  Did they use the Chinese test that supposedly does so many false negatives?  If so, seems to work well enough.  And how were they able to give and process so many tests so quickly?  I get the idea that they were "weeks ahead," but those weeks have gone by and we're still not testing they way they were several weeks ago.  We've done a lot of tests in specific geographic "hot spot" areas, but are still around 0.3% in big pop states like Texas.  And we have these enormous delays and backlogs on reading the tests.

/never let a crisis go to waste/. With so many people demanding we give up our rights, why would all the assholes in charge want their serfs to get tested?  There's plenty of tests for the ruling class.  /tin foil hat- No CR/

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

SIAP.  Houston comes in today with 600+ new cases, pushing Texas to a new daily high of 1100.   turner responds by closing all parks.

Parks were not closed because of today’s count. Park closure notice went out last night (possibly earlier?) to be shutdown for Easter to avoid large crowds. They reopen after the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Not sure as a prophylactic, but ICU docs are saying it's not helping in severe cases

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/no-miraculous-recovery-some-icu-doctors-say-hydroxychloroquine-isn-t-n1177556

Didn't the French docs say, in the last 48 hours, that they are seeing a lot of heart issues from its use?

Just now, Treefidy said:

/never let a crisis go to waste/. With so many people demanding we give up our rights, why would all the assholes in charge want their serfs to get tested?  There's plenty of tests for the ruling class.  /tin foil hat- No CR/

South Korea citizens, and Asians in general, will wear masks and are quicker to stay at home.  They also had a trial runs with MERS 5 years ago.  The next one of these that hits us, our population will be more compliant and prepared.  Who after this once they are available isn't going to have some N95s and surgical masks in stock?

I believe at the end of the day, our per capita death rate will be much lower than our peer first world countries.

26 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

😂

You and CTJ have to be the same person. There's no way that any business can have two partners that are so equally high strung, thin skinned, and insecure as the two of you. I guess you guys weren't getting enough attention trying to big time the COVID business thread by asking inane questions that any of your dozens of powerful advisors, attorneys and bankers would have answers to, so you needed to come to the main thread and ask inane questions that any of your dozens of powerful medical advisors would have answers to.

"I'll just go ahead and come into this thread and ask a really stupid question that I should be asking our important, super real and legitimate business advisors that totally exist. Then when a subject matter expert, an actual doctor, answers, I'm going to jump down his throat with the entire might of my roid and coke rage for answering! Fuck yeah!"

It's a shame that you aren't getting enough attention in your home life. I'm sorry that you're going through that.

Dude, shut the fuck up you clown. No one here cares. It’s the covid information thread. We’ve established it wasn’t an inane question. And we’ve established I never asked a question in the first place. I just pointed out that you are a stupid tool. No one jumped down a doctor’s throat. 2 people simply said “yeah, we’re not offering medical treatment without a doctor, and by the way we aren’t selling this for profit.” No one said shit about powerful lawyers or medical advisors. I’m sorry your reading comprehension sucks and your fantastical projections of who either of us might be reeks of the delusions of a bitter, jealous little bitch. Fuck off. 

for the record I live in a 2k square foot home and drive a used car. But im thrilled that the real estate I occupy in your sad little brain thinks I’m a modern day Carnegie. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I made out with a Frenchie that was in town on a Rotary Int’l trip to TX when I was my club’s president.   Gracious guests those frenchies.  

and before any of you jackwagons ask, yes, she was of age and had already graduated from college and was a skin flutist in the Paris Symphony 

fifm

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Well, in my defense, if you painted a target of "meat and potatoes land" on the US map, I grew up in the bullseye.  Plus, I am quite literally allergic to almost all seafood, including all shellfish, so it was never much of a culinary destination.  But, once we got there, we found one of the great Italian joints in America, which had plenty of hybrid creole/Italian food for the rest of the family, and otherwise, I drank and had the occasional cheeseburger or beef po'boy, so all of that concern fell by the wayside.

The main point was that live music in New Orleans crushes live music in Austin by a factor of 10 or so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

the real estate I occupy in your sad little brain thinks I’m a modern day Carnegie. 

Wait, you actually think that I, or really anyone here, thinks you and CTJ's business mogul act isn't a complete and utter fabrication? 😂

Every titan of industry I know surrounded by a harem of powerful advisors comes on message boards to ask what they should do with their businesses. 

Here's a little bit of advice. If the guy trying to sell you two clowns on his  Hydroxychloroquine investment starts talking about uplines and downlines, it's probably best you don't get involved. I'll send you an invoice for the advice later. You can pay me in Affliction shirts.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The main point was that live music in New Orleans crushes live music in Austin by a factor of 10 or so.

I never understood the “live music capital of the world” moniker.

11 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Didn't the French docs say, in the last 48 hours, that they are seeing a lot of heart issues from its use?

Yeah but only in cases of comorbidities, like smoking.

Or obesity. None of that here in murica though

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

I never understood the “live music capital of the world” moniker.

It's quite self-congratulatory.  The big thing Austin has offered, at least up until recently, is the "outlaw" aspect, whether it's country, punk, or blues.  I think the internet has destroyed most of that.  There are no "outlaw" corners of the world any more, and Austin has lost its advantage.  Now it's mostly chock full of living room pros with a few true pros mixed in.  (Before anyone gets on me for being hypercritical, there is no fucking way I could survive in Austin, much less New Orleans, as a musician.  I'm simply observing.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, in my defense, if you painted a target of "meat and potatoes land" on the US map, I grew up in the bullseye.  Plus, I am quite literally allergic to almost all seafood, including all shellfish, so it was never much of a culinary destination.  But, once we got there, we found one of the great Italian joints in America, which had plenty of hybrid creole/Italian food for the rest of the family, and otherwise, I drank and had the occasional cheeseburger or beef po'boy, so all of that concern fell by the wayside.

If you ever go back, grab a meal at Mosca's ten miles outside of town in Avondale, on the West Bank of the Mississippi.  It doesn't look like much, but has fantastic Italian seafood plus great traditional red sauce dishes.  Cash only.  And was apparently the former headquarters of Carl Marcello and the New Orleans mob.

spacer.png

These 2 images from https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/ worry me some. The conventional wisdom was that rates would drop when we increased testing and we're seeing the opposite. Hopefully the US rate is plateauing and the Texas rate has already done so.  NY pushed past 4% the past 2 days and could hit 5% soon.  Scary.

US fatality rate

sYPLuOOb_o.jpg

Texas fatality rate

DFd3DMV0_o.jpg

39 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Had the best baby fried oyster caesar salad there years ago, have never had its equal....

25 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Wait, you actually think that I, or really anyone here, thinks you and CTJ's business mogul act isn't a complete and utter fabrication? 😂

Every titan of industry I know surrounded by a harem of powerful advisors comes on message boards to ask what they should do with their businesses. 

Here's a little bit of advice. If the guy trying to sell you two clowns on his  Hydroxychloroquine investment starts talking about uplines and downlines, it's probably best you don't get involved. I'll send you an invoice for the advice later. You can pay me in Affliction shirts.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2938085565c05e2800dd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Ummmmm.   Spitballing here but can WHO focus on......

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN CHINA AND HOW THIS FUCKING THING ORIGINATED BEFORE GOING AFTER FUCKING CATS.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

someone seems angry

must be some kind of bang up business plan if you have to ask a bunch of yokels on a college football message board for advice

Edited by hot ham water
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some of the best fried chicken on earth resides in NOLA as well.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yeah but only in cases of comorbidities, like smoking.

Or obesity. None of that here in murica though

To be clear, while these issues might create comorbidities, I haven't encountered any source, at least officials at city and state levels in the US, accounting for them as comorbidities or underlying conditions. It wasn't clear what was being defined early, but if you look at the dashboards for places like Nevada, Mass, NYC, etc., they're explaining what they view as an underlying condition. If you've got sources to point to where some place is including smoking, fatty, drugs, or booze as an underlying condition, please link it because that would be helpful to see and incorporate.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away