Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As a litigator negotiating in an enforcement action, I remember when our consultant talked about the problem that “rags” create in the system. I asked my female law partner what that meant...she smiled so big when she told me.

192f9d26e3232ac4bf31e51296259109.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Lately the damned "flushable" wipes and rubber gloves have been real problems.

Sorry, our youngest has just been transferring to the potty, so we use the occasional flushable wipe.  

3 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

A lot of people flush weird shit down the toilet btw.  It's all found at the headworks of the plant.

So if somebody had a dispute with a drifter they hired to do some work, and there was an accident, and the drifter ended up cut up and dissolved into small enough chunks to fit through a toilet, like the size or a large turd, would that be caught in your filters?  Saw it in a movie or something and was, uhhh curious.  

• Haha 1

May or may not be related to the Kung Flu (CCP-19):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8302739/Cellphone-location-data-analysis-Wuhan-virology-lab-suggests-hazardous-event-October-shutdown.html

Analysis of cellphone location data in high-security area of Wuhan virology lab that studied coronavirus in bats indicates it shutdown in October after a 'hazardous event'

The private analysis reviewed publicly-available cellphone location data  

It said there was no cellphone activity in a high-security area of China's Wuhan Institute of Virology for most of October 2019 

The report suggested that there was a 'hazardous event' there early in the month

US intelligence analysts have not been able to confirm if there was a shutdown 

The report does not offer any direct evidence for either of its suggestions

Some believe the report could provide proof that the coronavirus was accidentally released by the lab

WHO officials continue to believe that natural animal-to-human transmission and the Wuhan wet market was the likely origin of the virus 

Spoiler

Documents analyzing cellphone location data are said to show that a high-security laboratory studying coronavirus in Wuhan was shut down in October, according to a new report. 

NBC News reported that US spy agencies are reviewing the document - a private analysis obtained by the news company's London-based verification unit - which claims that there was no cellphone activity in a high-security area of China's Wuhan Institute of Virology between October 7 and October 24, 2019. 

The report, which was based on commercially-available cellphone location data - indicates that there might've been a 'hazardous event' in that area between October 6 and October 11. 

The report does not provide direct evidence of a shutdown at the lab or any proof that the coronavirus originated from the lab. 

Despite no conclusive proof existing, some - including Trump administration officials - believe that the Wuhan lab, which was conducting studies on coronavirus in bats, could be the source of COVID-19, virus that has caused the current pandemic. 

The document suggests that if there was a shutdown in the lab's high-security area, it could be proof that the coronavirus might've accidentally emerged from the lab. 

However, there has been no confirmation of a shutdown at the lab and intelligence analysts had previously been unable to confirm a similar theory, senior officials told NBC News.    

Despite this, the document suggests that the coronavirus pandemic actually began 'earlier than initially reported' and 'supports the release of COVID-19 at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.'  

The document also appears to account for only a small number of cellphones that one would expect to be located in a facility that employs hundreds of people. 

It's unclear who put together the document.  

A US official who has looked at the document told NBC News that the report's data 'looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense.'

US officials also said that US intelligence agencies had previously received other reports based on publicly-available cellphone and satellite data, also suggesting that there had been a shutdown at the lab.

But, those agencies later decided that the reports were 'inconclusive' after being unable to confirm the shutdown based on reviews of overhead imagry and their own data.   

The Wuhan virology lab is said to be a collection target for multiple US intelligence agencies, due to being a high-security facility that studies dangerous pathogens, run by an adversary nation. 

As such, intelligence agencies routinely gather mobile phone signals, overhead satellite imagery and communication intercepts coming out of the lab. 

US officials told NBC News that they are now going back to examine the data collected in October and November 2019, searching for signs that there might've been an anomaly there. 

NBC News reported that congressional intelligence committees have been given copies of the document. 

It's possible that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio could have been referring to the document in a tweet on Wednesday when he wrote: 'Would be interesting if someone analyzed commercial telemetry data at & near Wuhan lab from Oct-Dec 2019.' 

He also tweeted: 'If it shows dramatic drop off in activity compared to previous 18 months it would be a strong indication of an incident at lab & of when it happened.' 

Despite the coronavirus lab escape theory being under review by intelligence agencies, it appears that scientists continue to believe the original theory, that the virus jumped to humans through live produce at so-called 'wet' markets in Wuhan.  

The World Health Organization said that it believed a 'wet' market played a role in the spread of the disease and that natural animal-to-human transmission was the likely start of it. 

'The market played a role in the event, that’s clear. But what role we don’t know, whether it was the source or amplifying setting or just a coincidence that some cases were detected in and around that market,' Dr Peter Ben Embarek, a WHO expert on food safety and zoonotic viruses that cross the species barrier from animals to humans, said Friday, according to CNBC

President Trump and Secretary of State Pompeo recently have been banging the drum for the theory that coronavirus accidentally escaped from the Wuhan virology lab, a claim which Chinese authorities have repeatedly denied.  

US intelligence officials also say that they don't have hard evidence to support the theory, despite Trump's claims that he has seen evidence which gives him 'a high degree of confidence' that the theory is valid.  

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Blue Angels' view of Miami & Jax.  The shadows are awesome.

So bad ass -- the part where it switches to the other camera around 4:30 is cool. Would love to see cockpit cam of the DFW flight.

11 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

May or may not be related to the Kung Flu (CCP-19):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8302739/Cellphone-location-data-analysis-Wuhan-virology-lab-suggests-hazardous-event-October-shutdown.html

Analysis of cellphone location data in high-security area of Wuhan virology lab that studied coronavirus in bats indicates it shutdown in October after a 'hazardous event'

The private analysis reviewed publicly-available cellphone location data  

It said there was no cellphone activity in a high-security area of China's Wuhan Institute of Virology for most of October 2019 

The report suggested that there was a 'hazardous event' there early in the month

US intelligence analysts have not been able to confirm if there was a shutdown 

The report does not offer any direct evidence for either of its suggestions

Some believe the report could provide proof that the coronavirus was accidentally released by the lab

WHO officials continue to believe that natural animal-to-human transmission and the Wuhan wet market was the likely origin of the virus 

Hide contents

Documents analyzing cellphone location data are said to show that a high-security laboratory studying coronavirus in Wuhan was shut down in October, according to a new report. 

NBC News reported that US spy agencies are reviewing the document - a private analysis obtained by the news company's London-based verification unit - which claims that there was no cellphone activity in a high-security area of China's Wuhan Institute of Virology between October 7 and October 24, 2019. 

The report, which was based on commercially-available cellphone location data - indicates that there might've been a 'hazardous event' in that area between October 6 and October 11. 

The report does not provide direct evidence of a shutdown at the lab or any proof that the coronavirus originated from the lab. 

Despite no conclusive proof existing, some - including Trump administration officials - believe that the Wuhan lab, which was conducting studies on coronavirus in bats, could be the source of COVID-19, virus that has caused the current pandemic. 

The document suggests that if there was a shutdown in the lab's high-security area, it could be proof that the coronavirus might've accidentally emerged from the lab. 

However, there has been no confirmation of a shutdown at the lab and intelligence analysts had previously been unable to confirm a similar theory, senior officials told NBC News.    

Despite this, the document suggests that the coronavirus pandemic actually began 'earlier than initially reported' and 'supports the release of COVID-19 at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.'  

The document also appears to account for only a small number of cellphones that one would expect to be located in a facility that employs hundreds of people. 

It's unclear who put together the document.  

A US official who has looked at the document told NBC News that the report's data 'looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense.'

US officials also said that US intelligence agencies had previously received other reports based on publicly-available cellphone and satellite data, also suggesting that there had been a shutdown at the lab.

But, those agencies later decided that the reports were 'inconclusive' after being unable to confirm the shutdown based on reviews of overhead imagry and their own data.   

The Wuhan virology lab is said to be a collection target for multiple US intelligence agencies, due to being a high-security facility that studies dangerous pathogens, run by an adversary nation. 

As such, intelligence agencies routinely gather mobile phone signals, overhead satellite imagery and communication intercepts coming out of the lab. 

US officials told NBC News that they are now going back to examine the data collected in October and November 2019, searching for signs that there might've been an anomaly there. 

NBC News reported that congressional intelligence committees have been given copies of the document. 

It's possible that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio could have been referring to the document in a tweet on Wednesday when he wrote: 'Would be interesting if someone analyzed commercial telemetry data at & near Wuhan lab from Oct-Dec 2019.' 

He also tweeted: 'If it shows dramatic drop off in activity compared to previous 18 months it would be a strong indication of an incident at lab & of when it happened.' 

Despite the coronavirus lab escape theory being under review by intelligence agencies, it appears that scientists continue to believe the original theory, that the virus jumped to humans through live produce at so-called 'wet' markets in Wuhan.  

The World Health Organization said that it believed a 'wet' market played a role in the spread of the disease and that natural animal-to-human transmission was the likely start of it. 

'The market played a role in the event, that’s clear. But what role we don’t know, whether it was the source or amplifying setting or just a coincidence that some cases were detected in and around that market,' Dr Peter Ben Embarek, a WHO expert on food safety and zoonotic viruses that cross the species barrier from animals to humans, said Friday, according to CNBC

President Trump and Secretary of State Pompeo recently have been banging the drum for the theory that coronavirus accidentally escaped from the Wuhan virology lab, a claim which Chinese authorities have repeatedly denied.  

US intelligence officials also say that they don't have hard evidence to support the theory, despite Trump's claims that he has seen evidence which gives him 'a high degree of confidence' that the theory is valid.  

Isn't the argument against the wet market that they can't make a direct connection between the market and who they think of as Patient Zero or some-such? It's been awhile since I read that story. I've long thought the Wuhan facility was standing viruses, and quite possibly one in bats, and somebody accidentally was infected and it went from there.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sorry, our youngest has just been transferring to the potty, so we use the occasional flushable wipe.  

So if somebody had a dispute with a drifter they hired to do some work, and there was an accident, and the drifter ended up cut up and dissolved into small enough chunks to fit through a toilet, like the size or a large turd, would that be caught in your filters?  Saw it in a movie or something and was, uhhh curious.  

You want to fuck someone up, put an empty beer can in a vertical sewer pipe.  It will not go around a bend, it will stop up the pipe, and damn near impossible to find.  In something like a four inch pipe it’s perfect.

As for a body, as long as you dissolve it first you should be good.  Typical headworks filtering is 7 mm or so, chunks of flesh would get caught in that.

Edited by Hefeweizen

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

You can use them all you want, just don't flush them.  Put them in a baggie and then in the trash.

Turds break up and dissolve in the wastewater.  We almost never see whole turds.  From the bodies of dead squirrels, rats, and mice that I have seen, I doubt that human remains would break up like turds do, so, yes, that would be caught on our screens, and we would have to report it to the police.  I'll tell them that atomheartbevo is probably the culprit.  I wouldn't worry about it, though.  We have reported a couple of incidents to our PD, and the response has been, well, let's just say that they aren't working in shifts to resolve them.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

You want to fuck someone up, put an empty beer can in a vertical sewer pipe.  It will not go around a bend, it will stop up the pipe, and damn near impossible to find.  In something like a four inch pipe it’s perfect.

As for a body, as long as you dissolve it first you should be good.  Typical headworks filtering is 7 mm or so, chunks of flesh would get caught in that.

That beer can idea is pure evil.  I may try it sometime.

I've heard from an East Texas colleague that a bowling ball in a manhole on an either 10 or 12 inch (I forget which) line makes a wonderful ball check.

3 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Is the poop significantly different after the super bowl? All them wangs.

I can't speak for every plant, but at mine, the flow, organic (poop), and ammonia (piss) loadings all go up the day of the Super Bowl.  So, maybe not in quality, but definitely in quantity. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

A couple we know bought a brand new house Lakeway, and within a week of moving in they came home and it was flooded with sewage.  Took the builder about a week to find that someone had put a beer can in a pipe leading to the grinder pump.  They replaced all the cabinets, dry wall and trim but other things like the doors just got repainted/stained.  They also lost a shit ton of personal items including many that couldn’t be replaced by insurance.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

You can use them all you want, just don't flush them.  Put them in a baggie and then in the trash.

Turds break up and dissolve in the wastewater.  We almost never see whole turds.  From the bodies of dead squirrels, rats, and mice that I have seen, I doubt that human remains would break up like turds do, so, yes, that would be caught on our screens, and we would have to report it to the police.  I'll tell them that atomheartbevo is probably the culprit.  I wouldn't worry about it, though.  We have reported a couple of incidents to our PD, and the response has been, well, let's just say that they aren't working in shifts to resolve them.

“ incidents” like body parts?

you can’t just leave that hanging, come on...

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Name and all, huh?

31 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

“ incidents” like body parts?

you can’t just leave that hanging, come on...

Not body parts.  Suspicious package and signs of a possible intrusion.  The cop responding to the suspicious package picked up, held it up to his ear, then shook it, just like in "Jingle All The Way".  We all just fell out laughing, from a safe distance.  No boom, though.  Pity.

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

A couple we know bought a brand new house Lakeway, and within a week of moving in they came home and it was flooded with sewage.  Took the builder about a week to find that someone had put a beer can in a pipe leading to the grinder pump.  They replaced all the cabinets, dry wall and trim but other things like the doors just got repainted/stained.  They also lost a shit ton of personal items including many that couldn’t be replaced by insurance.

Wow. People suck 

Dr. Campbell has a good video on recommended vitamin D levels. He also discusses a Swedish paper that discusses higher risk among their Somalí population which they tie to vitamin D. 6 of the first 15 covid19 deaths in Stockholm were Somali.

There was another recent study that showed that people with higher levels of vitamin D above 30 ng/ml had about a 3x less chance of getting a severe form of the disease. And there were no deaths in the >30 ng/ml group.

I take 5000 IUs a day and try to eat some liver once a week. I also spend an half hour outside a day now, but even more time outside in normal times.

Edited by RayDog

Dr. Campbell has a good video on recommended vitamin D levels. He also discusses a Swedish paper that discusses higher risk among their Somalí population which they tie to vitamin D. 6 of the first 15 covid19 deaths in Stockholm were Somali.

There was another recent study that showed that people with higher levels of vitamin D above 30 ng/ml had about a 3x less chance of getting a severe form of the disease. And there were no deaths in the >30 ng/ml group.

I take 5000 IUs a day and try to eat some liver once a week. I also spend an half hour outside a day now, but even more time outside in normal times.

48bf4eb5ac4b058455190fe97dc0d02b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RayDog said:

There was another recent study that showed that people with higher levels of vitamin D above 30 ng/ml had about a 3x less chance of getting a severe form of the disease.

I’ll have to go Debbie Downer and caution that supplemental Vitamin D has a poor track record of showing benefit compared to those with the same level of naturally occurring normal levels. Maybe Covid benefits will be different but those little round yellow balls of store bought Vitamin D may give you a false sense of security. And these Covid/Vit D studies seem to point at correlation and not causation. 

18 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

I’ll have to go Debbie Downer and caution that supplemental Vitamin D has a poor track record of showing benefit compared to those with the same level of naturally occurring normal levels. Maybe Covid benefits will be different but those little round yellow balls of store bought Vitamin D may give you a false sense of security. And these Covid/Vit D studies seem to point at correlation and not causation. 

What other cause of people with dark skin pigmentation having higher fatality rates do you have in mind? The reason for the vitamin D discussion in this situation is largely due to the lack of alternatives. 

Are you recommending that people whose lifestyle and/or pigmentation limits the amount of vitamin D they produce should not bother to take supplements? If so, I disagree.  But I am a no expert on medicine. 

Wow, you're going to say they're inferior.
Fucking racists.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/18/835563340/whos-hit-hardest-by-covid-19-why-obesity-stress-and-race-all-matter

This breaks it down pretty good.
Got me!

Fake news. The fact that the health disparities between white people and black/latino overlap with elevated risk for COVID means nothing. It's obviously vitamin D.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Wow, you're going to say they're inferior.

Fucking racists.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/18/835563340/whos-hit-hardest-by-coUvid-19-why-obesity-stress-and-race-all-matter

This breaks it down pretty good.

“And other aspects of structural racism could contribute to the elevated risk for black Americans.“

Ha ha fucking ha. 

“Structural racism”

Yeah that’s the ticket

7 hours ago, Newdoc said:

You don’t have a YouTube video so I don’t believe you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, RayDog said:

Are you recommending that people whose lifestyle and/or pigmentation limits the amount of vitamin D they produce should not bother to take supplements? If so, I disagree.  But I am a no expert on medicine. 

There is ever increasing data that show Vitamin D supplements don’t help in their studied context. As I said prior, maybe Covid benefits are different but I doubt it.

https://www.sciencealert.com/vitamin-d-tablets-may-be-worse-for-you-then-nothing-at-all

The above is a summary article but statements are consistent with mounting evidence.

Yes, people with darker skin make less Vitamin D but this group of people originally had more melanin because they evolved near the equator and needed the protection from skin cancer and with temperate climates, were in the sun more often than lighter skin tone people who lived closer to the poles. Vitamin D levels were more consistent across groups of people based on these variables.

The sun is so much more effective at producing Vitamin D but you have to balance it with the skin cancer risks.

There is ever increasing data that show Vitamin D supplements don’t help in their studied context. As I said prior, maybe Covid benefits are different but I doubt it.
https://www.sciencealert.com/vitamin-d-tablets-may-be-worse-for-you-then-nothing-at-all

The above is a summary article but statements are consistent with mounting evidence.
Yes, people with darker skin make less Vitamin D but this group of people originally had more melanin because they evolved near the equator and needed the protection from skin cancer and with temperate climates, were in the sun more often than lighter skin tone people who lived closer to the poles. Vitamin D levels were more consistent across groups of people based on these variables.
The sun is so much more effective at producing Vitamin D but you have to balance it with the skin cancer risks.

Is there any updated recent info? My doc has had me on vitamin D for awhile and says it can help ward off the flu.

3 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

They need to offer stay-at-home bonus pay for any positive test.

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Well, that sucks. A blood test a while back showed that I had low vitamin D, so I started taking 2000 units/day. Maybe I should stop that and start spending a few minutes under the sun every day.

Well, that sucks. A blood test a while back showed that I had low vitamin D, so I started taking 2000 units/day. Maybe I should stop that and start spending a few minutes under the sun every day.

One good thing to come from this is that I am deliberately spending more time outside each day - at least an hour, walking the dog or other stuff. It feels good.
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away