Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Yes, it is nice to see people walking. The amount of foot traffic in my suburban neighborhood has increased by a factor of 10 or more. One can only hope that when life returns to “go, go, go” mode, people will keep walking. Not holding my breath, though.

To that extent, we bought a little 12X9 foot inflatable family pool from Target for the backyard. Just to hang out in when it starts to be awful. Thankfully, our backyard has a lot of shade from the pecan trees that border our backyard. Also got a 6 foot tall water fountain from Sam's Club that the kids can run through. Since public and private pools won't be open and I'm not sure how comfortable we'll be with sending them over to friends who have pools, might be worth it to have a mini spray park in our backyard. 

Edited by mdmost

3 hours ago, Hate said:

So he says that he follows the rules about only "dating" 18 year olds and gets called a pedo?  That's a bold statement. 

He's a trafficker...not pedo.   he's not dating them, they are employees.

23 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

A couple we know bought a brand new house Lakeway, and within a week of moving in they came home and it was flooded with sewage.  Took the builder about a week to find that someone had put a beer can in a pipe leading to the grinder pump.  They replaced all the cabinets, dry wall and trim but other things like the doors just got repainted/stained.  They also lost a shit ton of personal items including many that couldn’t be replaced by insurance.

This would make me want to find the culprit (impossible) and test @atomheartbevo question.  I can’t imagine.  

On 5/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, Scheiss Meister said:

And yes, I have pulled some incredible things from my bar screens.  Money, women's underwear, pictures that little Suzy didn't want Mom and Dad to find, dead squirrels, 2x4s, 4x4s, plastic carboys, and, of course, twat whistles and rubbers.  Lately the damned "flushable" wipes and rubber gloves have been real problems.

Aw man, you took me back to the DAY, 18 years old working as the scut monkey at an "automated" sewage plant where, yeah, every now and then some bizarre shit would get in with the regular shit and clog shit up.

The funk rising off the basement floor after bleeding a pump valve is like unto getting face-raped by a demonic feces-slug.

I still hate Nyquil cups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, RayDog said:

Dr. Campbell has a good video on recommended vitamin D levels. He also discusses a Swedish paper that discusses higher risk among their Somalí population which they tie to vitamin D. 6 of the first 15 covid19 deaths in Stockholm were Somali.

It is hard to imagine an obese Somali.

Personally, I think it's Neanderthal genes, or lack of 'em. Neanderthals would trade Baltic amber to Denisovans for Million-Year-Old T-Rex eggs, built up a resistance to the bat funk as a byproduct. So that little Florensis chick told me.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

To that extent, we bought a little 12X9 foot inflatable family pool from Target for the backyard. Just to hang out in when it starts to be awful. Thankfully, our backyard has a lot of shade from the pecan trees that border our backyard. Also got a 6 foot tall water fountain from Sam's Club that the kids can run through. Since public and private pools won't be open and I'm not sure how comfortable we'll be with sending them over to friends who have pools, might be worth it to have a mini spray park in our backyard. 

Thought pools were okayed to open?  I know they are prepping open the ones in my neighborhood in the next week or so.

Herd immunity might be achieved earlier than previously thought.

Also, fda approved antigen test that utilizes existing equipment in docs offices that will should be able to massively increase testing

Interesting. The MLB random antibody test was a total flop for those of us who expected a wide spread of the virus.

60/5700 tested positive, .7%.

Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Not sure why the mods keep nuking the crowd shaming of the ephebophile. They leave his posts of 16 year old girls up on the thread but nuke the ones pointing out the creep. 

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. It's not even political.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Thought pools were okayed to open?  I know they are prepping open the ones in my neighborhood in the next week or so.

I don't know, man. Pools already seem pretty petri-dish like. Maybe it's more because pools here in Dallas have gotten people sick from cryptosporidium. I'm sure suburban and neighborhood pools are safer. That said, a lot of snotty noses in and around pools. 

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't know, man. Pools already seem pretty petri-dish like. Maybe it's more because pools here in Dallas have gotten people sick from cryptosporidium. I'm sure suburban and neighborhood pools are safer. That said, a lot of snotty noses in and around pools. 

early tests indicate the virus is pretty easily killed by chlorine.  But the bad news is all the other shit people touch/handle on their way into the water and their way outta the water.  The thought of laying down on a previously used deck chair is already disgusting enough as it is without the idea that the last person was on there sweating and coughing out the covid.  I'd go to a swimming hole before I went to a public pool.  

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Is there any updated recent info? My doc has had me on vitamin D for awhile and says it can help ward off the flu.

I’d ask to see the data that Vitamins D supplements do this. Not Vitamin D levels but actual supplements showing this. I treat a lot of post menopausal women at risk for osteoporosis and believe me, it sucks to have one of my low risk treatments go bye bye based on good evidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Not sure why the mods keep nuking the crowd shaming of the ephebophile. They leave his posts of 16 year old girls up on the thread but nuke the ones pointing out the creep. 

Not a lot has made sense about their nukes in this thread the last couple weeks.

One good thing to come from this is that I am deliberately spending more time outside each day - at least an hour, walking the dog or other stuff. It feels good.
It has forced me to finally clean up and organize my backyard patio so we can relax out there. Of course it will be hot as balls soon so that sucks.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I would not worry about chlorinated water transmitting the virus. And our water sources like Lake Travis are fine.

This is Colorado

I was calling bullshit, but looks like Denver Post confirmed. Still now way it wasn’t somehow a publicity stunt for those in that camp. I have a hard time believing zero masks wasn’t some orchestrated “meet up” with the owners permission. I am confident the huge majority agrees mask are prerequisite for slowly turning things back on.

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You're getting targeted apparently.

No black helicopters. Just weird that a board that was established on the fundamental truth of self moderation of horseshit takes this approach when crowd shaming ramps up. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

I was calling bullshit, but looks like Denver Post confirmed. Still now way it wasn’t somehow a publicity stunt for those in that camp. I have a hard time believing zero masks wasn’t some orchestrated “meet up” with the owners permission. I am confident the huge majority agrees mask are prerequisite for slowly turning things back on.

Yeah the owners Facebook was pretty.... yeah 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Just spoke with one of my mentors. He is done and knows it. Glad he had the chance to call and say goodby to me. Hearing the background sounds of an ER and beinging asked to call the kids is our new normal I guess. 

Damnation. At least you got to talk.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Castle Rock to Colorado Springs is a red corridor in Colorado. From retired military to evangelists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah the owners Facebook was pretty.... yeah 

I look at it as a numbers game. You got 330 million people in this country. Rule out children, invalids, Penn State JoePa fans, and you've still got more than 200 million people capable of making decisions that affect others. Take the absolute worst 1% Really Bad possible decisions, hey, 2 million Americans made those moves, today. Take the worst 1% of that 1%, you still got 20,000 Super-Elite morons doing that.

So one in 20,000 turns out to run a restaurant. I am amazed we didn't have dozens of stories like this.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I would not worry about chlorinated water transmitting the virus. And our water sources like Lake Travis are fine.

Are the kids going to be 6 feet apart in the pool at all times or will they be playing and talking face to face?  It’s not that you’d get it from the water, you get it from the people  you are sharing it with. 

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are the kids going to be 6 feet apart in the pool at all times or will they be playing and talking face to face?  It’s not that you’d get it from the water, you get it from the people  you are sharing it with. 

True at not just pools but any place children congregate. I rode my bike through the park today and there were about 5 families having a picnic together. They are the types that will lead to people dying from COVID-19 and will possibly cause the government to shutdown my business again.

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

5 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Not exactly sure what the actual law is here but the condo pool where I’ve been the last few months was open until last weekend. It closed and then re-opened Friday. Whatever, I can avoid it if needed.

Regarding the 6 feet apart thing that’s a good theory and all but any re-opening of anything and that goes out the window. Someone last week replied to me saying the beach opening was ok because there are rules. I LOL’ed then. Now I’m LMFAO. There are zero rules being followed or enforced whether it’s on the beach or in the hotels or the stores or the restauarants. Good decision or bad decision it’s happening and will accelerate. In a month we will have our answer.

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

True at not just pools but any place children congregate. I rode my bike through the park today and there were about 5 families having a picnic together. They are the types that will lead to people dying from COVID-19 and will possibly cause the government to shutdown my business again.

Yeah but it’s not the children or families that are the problem. Not picking on you but I don’t think anyone has any idea what’s going on down on the beaches in Texas. There are all out parties going on at the beach, condos, homes, and hotels. Went to pick up food last night at a place and watched a bar in a restaurant pass around shots and bottles of wine. At a bar with about 16 seats but had probably 3 times that congregating there. It was well over an hour wait for food everywhere in town so everyone just stayed in the “waiting” areas. It would be better if they just opened up everything 100% here. Then you wouldn’t have 50 people on a patio or bar in a place that I’m sure I’ve never seen more than 20.

20 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Not exactly sure what the actual law is here but the condo pool where I’ve been the last few months was open until last weekend. It closed and then re-opened Friday. Whatever, I can avoid it if needed.

Regarding the 6 feet apart thing that’s a good theory and all but any re-opening of anything and that goes out the window. Someone last week replied to me saying the beach opening was ok because there are rules. I LOL’ed then. Now I’m LMFAO. There are zero rules being followed or enforced whether it’s on the beach or in the hotels or the stores or the restauarants. Good decision or bad decision it’s happening and will accelerate. In a month we will have our answer.

Yep and that’s why we aren’t going anywhere for a good while longer. 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

No black helicopters. Just weird that a board that was established on the fundamental truth of self moderation of horseshit takes this approach when crowd shaming ramps up. 

This board has lost its shine and is becoming hornsfans2.0 what with the arbitrary over-moderation and rules on threads that you can't discuss the single most important factor, otherwise it's a timeout. 

But hey, it's not like we're used to good leadership or anything wether it's a football team or a pandemic response, so why should we expect anything more from our mods?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 19

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

This board has lost its shine and is becoming hornsfans2.0 what with the arbitrary over-moderation and rules on threads that you can't discuss the single most important factor, otherwise it's a timeout. 

But hey, it's not like we're used to good leadership or anything wether it's a football team or a pandemic response, so why should we expect anything more from our mods?

CR vs. non-CR seems pretty clear to me. Running interference for a creep proudly serving as an ATM into the filipino sex trafficking industry among our ranks seems a bit different, imo. 

• Like 3

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away