Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Guest Lobo

Nothing compared to the taint gargling going on with the females in your life.  I didn't realize it was possible to stuff both balls and a shaft into an asshole.  But damn if your family ain't special...

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

I don't think we know exactly what the median age is across the country, but various states report the figure.  MA, for example, reports their average (I don't know if this is mean or median) age of death is 82.  See here.  

In Texas, if you download the accessible dashboard data here, the median age of death looks to be around 75.   

yes but mass has a ton more deaths than we do.  I agree we don't know but I would not be shocked if it is 80+ considering a bunch of the NY/NJ deaths are nursing homes.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And again, not to go CR, but there is a huge social and political driver the other direction, too -- "fuck your rules, I can do whatever I want regardless of the risk to others.  And I'll show up with an AR-15 to prove it."  We are ABSOLUTELY pit against each other.

And we have zero unifying voice or even a unifying way of thinking available to us.

So, get on the Brisket train -- there's multiple ways out....but we won't take any of them.

Don’t insult the accessory bros, Mom jeans on a man are very tactical.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We also need to really drop the hammer on nursing homes that have fucked around during this crisis.  Covering shit up from families/officials, etc.   I had a relative in a nursing home for years, and occasionally caught glimpses of stuff that made me wonder, but I was a kid at the time.   It's clear to me as an adult that they fly under the radar with a lot of practices that don't get revealed until something like this.

Completely agree. Like there needs to be a special commission referring cases for prosecution.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yes but mass has a ton more deaths than we do.  I agree we don't know but I would not be shocked if it is 80+ considering a bunch of the NY/NJ deaths are nursing homes.

agree.  I just posted Texas because I follow our data more than other states.  MA has had more nursing home deaths as a % of total deaths, so their average death age is higher than ours.  I bet the national average is around 80.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Competent agreed. Like there needs to be a special commission referring cases for prosecution.

They are spinning up some kind of potential investigation into the beef industry and price-fixing (in part thanks to fuckery in Texas during this pandemic), would be great if we did the same for nursing homes.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Yeah, my tuesdays are just getting all kinds of weird during quarantine.   But if I'm honest, they were total shitshows before Covid-19 as well.  

Edited by Lobo

Just now, bschoolprof said:

agree.  I just posted Texas because I follow our data more than other states.  MA has had more nursing home deaths as a % of total deaths, so their average death age is higher than ours.  I bet the national average is around 80.  

sure.  I was just making the point that Rogan saying 81 might actually be close and your numbers(even though it is just 2 states) actually point to that considering the amount of deaths.

does anyone know what nursing homes reported deaths?  My FIL is in one in Waco and they haven't reported a case yet.  He's 89 and in bad health so if he gets it there is a very high likelyhood he won't make it.

Guest Lobo

I agree with not trusting anyone right now.  I don't know that I ever did.  Maybe nobody is to blame for this economic glut, maybe both sides are to blame.  I really don't like either party right now but I know one thing...if you think our economy has a snowball's chance in hell of being remotely "recovered" by Autumn...you're out of your fucking mind (with all due respect).  

Not saying one party deserves credit or another party deserves blame.  But this thing is gonna be in the shitter for the next 12-18 mos. and that's just all there is to it.  Only good news is cheap credit is gonna get us out of this faster than we got out of 2008/09.  Opening up Chili's and Hobby Lobby ain't gonna bust us out of this.  That's not the part of our economy that broke earlier this year.  

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Fiscal conservatism hits different these days.

Our fiscal policies have been shit for decades. I was merely responding to the notion that we have all this money to spend, but you knew that. Being able to raise your own credit card limit every time you max it out wouldn’t make you wealthy. It would make you irresponsible, something our country has been guilty of for a very long time. But, I get it, you want to make this about one administration.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are spinning up some kind of potential investigation into the beef industry and price-fixing (in part thanks to fuckery in Texas during this pandemic), would be great if we did the same for nursing homes.

Don't hold your breath, they are lobbying for no liability with every waking moment.

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We were headed down this path (a holistic downturn) already, pandemic just accelerated everything. Global misery via a virus too small to be seen by the naked eye.

8 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Our fiscal policies have been shit for decades. I was merely responding to the notion that we have all this money to spend, but you knew that. Being able to raise your own credit card limit every time you max it out wouldn’t make you wealthy. It would make you irresponsible, something our country has been guilty of for a very long time. But, I get it, you want to make this about one administration.

I’m just enjoy any vestiges of fiscal conservatism, however faint they may be. It’s been 3 years since anyone gave a shit about our debt. 

• Like 1

Ran some errands in the north Atlanta burbs yesterday. Home Depot and Chick-fil-A drive thru were absolutely packed. Total Wine was busy but not slammed.

Restaurants with outdoor seating are busy, but capacity is reduced inside and out.

Our latest issue down the city is street racing. It’s full Fast and Furious shutting down streets and highways. The kids are restless.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m just enjoy any vestiges of fiscal conservatism, however faint they may be. It’s been 3 years since the people I like to point fingers at gave a shit about our debt. 

I’m sure they think you just started giving a shit 3 years ago, after an 8 year break.

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

People who pretend to give a shit about our debt, when asked, "Who holds more U.S. debt than anyone else?" will always answer either China, or Japan.  99% of the time, they give one of those two answers.  Neither answer is remotely close but those folks will be goddamned if they're gonna hate those two countries.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

People who pretend to give a shit about our debt, when asked, "Who holds more U.S. debt than anyone else?" will always answer either China, or Japan.  99% of the time, they give one of those two answers.  Neither answer is remotely close but those folks will be goddamned if they're gonna hate those two countries.  

so this is just bullshit?

who-owns-u-s-debt-2019.jpg

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well, it's missing about 2/3 of our debt. So.. yeah. It's an intellectually dishonest pretty infographic meant to frighten stupid people.

seems to be the way these days...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

so this is just bullshit?

who-owns-u-s-debt-2019.jpg

Yep, it's absolutely true, it's absolutely misleading, and I had absolutely no doubt somebody like you would believe in it wholeheartedly.  My question never asked to just name foreign holders, but sheep gonna sheep...  ;)

You and I forget sometimes how the rest of the country operates

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

a couple things: 

1. You're more than welcome to not read the posts.

2.  Hugo is doing a good job of playing the I'm not touching you I'm not touching you game. 

3.  Political lean ?  yeah there probably is, the funny thing is that group can talk about the topic without making politics the central issue. Hugo, and the rest of the Cabal see everything as a political topic, and want to play the blame game for the pandemics handling, but can't understand why anyone would want to know the origins of the virus.

4.  There's more, but Im in the middle of laying luxury vinyl tile (oooooh.......ahhhhhhhhh), and ain't got time for more of this shit.....

My dad loves to tell the story about how he and his little brother were fighting on a car trip about one of them getting on the other one's "side" of the backseat. After about 20 miles of this, my grandfather pulled over on the side of the highway, stopped the car, got the two kids out of the back seat, conked their heads together, and put them back in the car and drove away. No more words were said about "my side" of the backseat. 

I wish I could do that with Hugo and the anti-Hugos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Potter county reporting 600 new cases today for a total of 2100. From a standpoint of cases, Potter has to be a hotspot for the entire country. 

LOlz.  I told y'all people were still gonna party for Mother's Day...

Have no idea why the number is so high.   The weekend before the restrictions were relaxed, there was a big uptick also. 'twill be interesting to see how hospitalizations and (gulp) deaths go. the demographics most definitely skew towards the elderly vs the more urban counties like Travis/ Bexar/ Harris/ Etc.

Edited by Iceman

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yep, it's absolutely true, it's absolutely misleading, and I had absolutely no doubt somebody like you would believe in it wholeheartedly.  My question never asked to just name foreign holders, but sheep gonna sheep...  ;)

You and I forget sometimes how the rest of the country operates

That's why i replied with the derogatory  post saying you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and took shots at your opinion, right?

Nah, just posed a legit question and it got answered.  If anything, it was a softball down the middle for clarification of the original(vague) contention, but carry on...

Edited by Iceman

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Iceman said:

That's why i replied with the derogatory  post saying you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and took shots at your opinion, right?

Nah, just posed a legit question and it got answered.  Carry on...

Calm down Barbara.  Same team.  You're right...I did frame the question purposely to make stupid people seem stupid.  You're not my target, but you lead people who are.  You found, very quickly, a source, that feed exactly what I was talking about and yes..........I do not know my ass from a whole in the ground which would explain my hobby proclivities. 

Guest Lobo

There's my girl.  Good to have you back Dr. Beeper, my sweetheart. 

Also, by the way..my bad...I posted that a poster named Rex Kramer posted my real name and my wife's real name a couple years ago.  My apologies, you were right and I was wrong.  You said I was embellishing/lying, and that's correct.  That poster did post my real name (that is 100% true and site owners here know it), but not my wife's name.  Amazing that you remember that considering you weren't even on this sight back then.  But this is me formally admitting to misremembering and sorry i accused that standup guy of something he didn't do.  I know you don't know that guy, but please know I am sorry for accusing him of something he did not do.  You both remain great Americans.  

Edited by Lobo

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Calm down Barbara.  Same team.  You're right...I did frame the question purposely to make stupid people seem stupid.  You're not my target, but you lead people who are.  You found, very quickly, a source, that feed exactly what I was talking about and yes..........I do not know my ass from a whole in the ground which would explain my hobby proclivities. 

Proctology and gopher hunting?

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Proctology and gopher hunting?

You know...you don't hear a lot about veterinary proctology and that's a damn shame.  it's always about which of them we're shoving up our asses and not enough about what we're shoving up their asses?  I mean, so I've heard.  From others.  In animal speak.  

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't hold your breath, they are lobbying for no liability with every waking moment.

Been tempted to start a thread, because covid apparently exposed the problem.   It’s gaining some traction, the farmers are being hurt by it, they have the ear of state officials, and the meat packing plant covid fiascos are really causing problems.  The same plants that were resisting covid testing.

There is more out there, but this is a start

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/calls-mount-for-doj-investigation-into-price-fixing-in-texas-beef-industry/

When things start moving a little more, I’ll start a thread.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, Lobo said:

You know...you don't hear a lot about veterinary proctology and that's a damn shame.  it's always about which of them we're shoving up our asses and not enough about what we're shoving up their asses?  I mean, so I've heard.  From others.  In animal speak.  

Fuck, when I hear about cattle futures, I want to think about the Chicago Exchange or Trading Places, not about you and your hobbies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Potter county reporting 600 new cases today for a total of 2100. From a standpoint of cases, Potter has to be a hotspot for the entire country. 

No......734 yesterday and 58 today...and that's the entire panhandle area

That's 4492 for the panhandle with 1257 recoveries.....60 deaths

I can give you a link if you want

Edited by Hpara759
Typo

2 hours ago, DaysOff said:
3 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:
Computers do our maths. And if the computer won’t do it we call someone who’s computer will. They don’t want us long handing that shit. 

You just have to 3 in 1 rule.

I can still multiply by 3, or multiply by 3 and add 10% plus distance to slow down for approaches. It’s that whole divide by 330 million thing that gets touchy. 

46 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

No......734 yesterday and 58 today...and that's the entire panhandle area

That's 4492 for the panhandle with 1257 recoveries.....60 deaths

I can give you a link if you want

I’m just going after the state reported numbers. https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/3f048ced32804271aafe8b9640bcb4a7

Whether a number is listed as today or yesterday is different from website to website.

Changes coming to Austin/TC reporting dashboard

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/austin-public-health-announces-changes-to-online-covid-19-case-tracker-dashboard/

The Austin and Travis County COVID-19 case tracker dashboard will undergo changes Sunday in an effort to provide further comprehensive data to the public, Austin Public Health officials announced on Saturday. 

The new dashboard design will include more information to give the community a better idea about where Austin-Travis County currently stands with the virus, according to a press release.

Here’s a full list of what the updated dashboard will include:

• A breakdown of COVID-19 symptom onset in comparison to local policy implementations
  • The number of confirmed cases and deaths reported each day since the first reported case on March 13 and well as the first symptom onset date on March 2
  • Updates to visuals on the site that represent the progression on cases and hospitalizations since the first reported case
  • More clarification and context on information already provided on the dashboard

Once the changes are done, the public will see buttons on the Austin-Travis County COVID-19website for desktop and mobile versions of the dashboard. 

The county’s dashboard will be shut down throughout the day on Sunday, May 17, but work is expected to be complete by 6 p.m.

https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/39e4f8d4acb0433baae6d15a931fa984

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away