Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

These types of take always make me laugh. You really wanna make the human species leaner & meaner? Why not kill everyone who’s handicapped? Why not kill everyone who relies on any type of medication or supplements? Why not kill everyone who has a mental illness? Why not kill everyone who is overweight? Why not kill everyone who doesn’t have 20/20 vision? Why not kill everyone who can’t run a mile in under 8 minutes? Who can’t bench their own body weight? 

Or is a Yankee fan.
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

These types of take always make me laugh. You really wanna make the human species leaner & meaner? Why not kill everyone who’s ...... Who can’t bench their own body weight? 

You know I've always thought this was a really low bar once middle school work out rolled around.  I remember being around 6th grade and seeing the episode of home improvement where he was bragging about benching 150 and thinking wow that's a lot.  Wasn't long before i realized what a wimp he was.  Who can't do 1x body weight?  If we really want to weed out the weak people we should set it at least at 2x, right?

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't there supposed to be a Task Force update at 10:30a-CDT?  Two months without one and they can't start this on time? 

It's not political because I'm talking about calendars and clocks ladies.  Seriously what time is it starting?  

Well, see, in America and Texas, we have a Task Force, and a Strike Force.  The, ummm, Strike Force would be good for you.

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't that a 3% fatality rate?  

Top men have said it was gonna be somewhere between 0.1-1.0%  

Da fuh, Florida?  

That 3% is the case fatality rate, not the infection fatality rate (there are many more infections than there are confirmed cases).

11 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Lulz. You are doing it wrong if you get rid of the Texas plates. The suburban (non premier) we have in WY still has its TX plates. These plates. 

9F7558DD-4160-4FDD-A223-4E8E1118A1BF.thumb.jpeg.fd6af29ab91127fa4fbdc345e3f642a7.jpeg

Pretty sure they are expired. I still don’t know how I haven’t been pulled over. 

KKL...so YOU'RE Karen from Key Largo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't that a 3% fatality rate?  

Top men have said it was gonna be somewhere between 0.1-1.0%  

Da fuh, Florida?  

For a guy who spends pretty much all his time on here taking shots at people he thinks are acting stupidly, this is a really stupid post. 

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't there supposed to be a Task Force update at 10:30a-CDT? 

It's running a few hours later, but CNN is claiming in a few minutes.

My guess is they are going to keep open/reopen the testing sites in Texas that they were intent on closing down, and probably some more federal aid.

Supposedly DC is getting closer to another round of stimulus payments, not sure if it's checks to people or helping just businesses or what, but I can't imagine a lot of bars in Texas surviving too much longer.

50 minutes ago, Helobious said:

These types of take always make me laugh. You really wanna make the human species leaner & meaner? Why not kill everyone who’s handicapped? Why not kill everyone who relies on any type of medication or supplements? Why not kill everyone who has a mental illness? Why not kill everyone who is overweight? Why not kill everyone who doesn’t have 20/20 vision? Why not kill everyone who can’t run a mile in under 8 minutes? Who can’t bench their own body weight? 

You're talking about a pretty final solution, aren't you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

You know I've always thought this was a really low bar once middle school work out rolled around.  I remember being around 6th grade and seeing the episode of home improvement where he was bragging about benching 150 and thinking wow that's a lot.  Wasn't long before i realized what a wimp he was.  Who can't do 1x body weight?  If we really want to weed out the weak people we should set it at least at 2x, right?

I weigh about 165 and usually rep out at 450, but I have this shoulder injury thing and my arms are slightly different lengths so it’s harder. So it seems like my max is 200 but it’s not.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I weigh about 165 and usually rep out at 450, but I have this shoulder injury thing and my arms are slightly different lengths so it’s harder. So it seems like my max is 200 but it’s not.

The problem with 1x though is you're going to get rid of a high percentage of your fit but not a lifter females.  No one wants that.  So either do away with it, or go all in at 2x.  Or have a male / female target.  I could get behind that.  

Edited by UT_OB1

The problem with 1x though is you're going to get rid of a high percentage of your fit but not a lifter females.  No one wants that.  So either do away with it, or go all in at 2x.  Or have a male / female target.  I could get behind that.  

You could get behind a male target?
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Breckenridge is the only place I experience that in CO. Every single one of the flat bill motherfuckers can get fucked. I loathe that town because of the assholes that live there.

Telluride locals are just full of themselves, but I don’t think they’re necessarily hostile to tourists. But living in a tourist town would get tiresome, no way I’d want to do it.

Where else have you experienced that?

Yeah, Breck can suck a dick.  Same goes for Vail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

You could get behind a male target?

No.  The females.  Focus.

I also just realized that the group of fit women that can bench 1x that would be left would primarily be xfitters.  No one wants that either.  

28 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

For skinny fucks, sure.  Brian Shaw is a 4x World's Strongest Man.  I follow him on Youtube and he's working his way up to a 700# bench (that's the goal, anyway).  He just hit a personal record of 530#.  But he weighs 450#.  I don't think anyone would call him weak.

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

That or a broke dick bunny slope operator whose VWBug  blew an engine in Denver in ‘67 and caused them to miss the Summer of Love in SF.  

I love hearing their tales of what could’ve been, and how if “they’d have just got to SF, things would be different” 

If you couldn't nurse a VW Bug through the Rockies in 1st gear on 3 cylinders, you didn't have the stuff to be the Lucky Sperm at the Summer of Love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Come at me man, I'm a quadruple qualifier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Since this is now the "How much can you bench, bro" thread, I need to comment on this.  

1x should be doable by most guys who have ever lifted weights.  2x is otherworldly.  I weigh 200 and can do that weight probably 10 times.  I would need 2 spotters to get 400 lbs off of me before my sternum cracked.

Also, you nail the issue with women in a later post.  I bet my wife and 2 teenage daughters couldn't do half of their body weight.  My daughters are gymnasts and very strong, but they have no clue how to lift weights at all.

Off topic, but may be of interest to the non-weight lifting bros:

Florida just shut down all of the bars again and they are requiring masks in all businesses after 5pm today.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

For a guy who spends pretty much all his time on here taking shots at people he thinks are acting stupidly, this is a really stupid post. 

It was a lame attempt to take a shot at how stupid Florida is being.  You're right.  

Having said that, I spend most of my time posting Seinfeld quotes.  You just let unimportant things bother you.  I honestly can't recall anything about you or any of your past posts.  The way it should be.  But after looking at your profile, I see you've got good stuff on the recruiting front so I'll have to read more of your material.  

In other news, Texas got a ton of shittastic coverage at the Task Force presser just now.  Everybody was nice enough to not lay blame anywhere, but fucking A---our map looked like a crayola audition for their new deep purple crayons and markers.  Fauci or Pence alluded to a small community event responsible for a direct large outbreak in one instance.  They didn't say community name, but I'm betting dollars to donuts it was that Lake Travis/Spicewood pong tournament a few days back. Fauci's speech at the end of the remarks portion was downright inspiring.  Sadly, almost nobody under 40, the people he was addressing with that segment, will ever hear him.  Anyway, if you have the chance to go back and watch the Texas portions, do it.  Lots of good data in there, though a good deal of it is already a week old.  You can skip the firtst 15 minutes where they just talk about March & April all over again, but the middle talks by Pence, Birx, and Fauci are all very informative.  

Edited by Lobo

15 minutes ago, jinx said:

Since this is now the "How much can you bench, bro" thread, I need to comment on this.  

1x should be doable by most guys who have ever lifted weights.  2x is otherworldly.  I weigh 200 and can do that weight probably 10 times.  I would need 2 spotters to get 400 lbs off of me before my sternum cracked.

Also, you nail the issue with women in a later post.  I bet my wife and 2 teenage daughters couldn't do half of their body weight.  My daughters are gymnasts and very strong, but they have no clue how to lift weights at all.

Off topic, but may be of interest to the non-weight lifting bros:

Florida just shut down all of the bars again and they are requiring masks in all businesses after 5pm today.

Just having fun with some of the absurdity of everything.  I've gotten fat recently - my weight gain before spring break week through april was more exponential than any city, state, our countries death rate increase.  When I weighed in the 170s and low 180s in college and my first few years out, I was in the 315-325 range.  So close, but still would off myself.  I've gotten fat strong recently with the extra time to hang out in the garage and managed to pop my left pec/shoulder connection 'thingy' pushing to new weights I hadn't worked out with before.  That made for a fun 6 weeks.  Still hurts and I'm scared of the bar as well.

We do not want to snap the gymnasts and tennis players of the world out of existence.  That would be a tragedy.  That's why i propose we have a split bench goal for culling the weak humans.  

And, finally, back on topic, as long as they don't close down the liquor stores, I'm good.  They are essential.  

Edited by UT_OB1

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

And, finally, back on topic, as long as they don't close down the liquor stores, I'm good.  They are essential.  

I kind of figured you were joking, but weight lifting is not a trivial matter.

But, this quote was always my concern dude.  Once I learned that liquor and beer were essential it significantly calmed my nerves.

1 minute ago, jinx said:

I kind of figured you were joking, but weight lifting is not a trivial matter.

But, this quote was always my concern dude.  Once I learned that liquor and beer were essential it significantly calmed my nerves.

Not sure how I'd make it through this with 2 teenage daughters.  We have and 8 and 5 yo girl and boy.  We are still their heroes, but it is tough because they have so much energy, and a lot of our outlets (to circle it all back around) are shut down (or at least we aren't going).  The daughter has started not falling asleep on what used to be her normal schedule (by 830-9) and she just wakes up really early or even in the middle of the fucking night.  I'm glad she's well past the age of needing to be constantly watched to keep her alive.  For the most part she keeps herself busy in the middle of the night.  I get worried our new lives are mentally straining her to some degree.  

I haven't done a livestock update for awhile, but probably should with the things going on. We are actually running cattle and hog plants ahead of a year ago pace now, but will have a short week next week. Fresh pork and beef are at the lower end of the ranges which should aid in restocking. Assuming we can keep the plants moving cattle supplies will get tighter into the 4th quarter of the year, while farrowing intentions are down sharply which could leave us pretty tight on hogs into 2021 especially if exports keep up the rebound. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Not sure how I'd make it through this with 2 teenage daughters.  We have and 8 and 5 yo girl and boy.  We are still their heroes, but it is tough because they have so much energy, and a lot of our outlets (to circle it all back around) are shut down (or at least we aren't going).  The daughter has started not falling asleep on what used to be her normal schedule (by 830-9) and she just wakes up really early or even in the middle of the fucking night.  I'm glad she's well past the age of needing to be constantly watched to keep her alive.  For the most part she keeps herself busy in the middle of the night.  I get worried our new lives are mentally straining her to some degree.  

I have a 9 year old daughter as well.  When all of the beaches were closed here in Florida, the depression was so thick you could cut it with a knife.  Beaches opening gave everyone an outlet and a place to go other than the house.  I'm worried they are about to close again.

No one sleeps in my house anymore.  We make the 9 year old shut down around 10, but the older 2 are up until midnight or later.  Luckily I am still working from home and get up 15 minutes before I log in to work, so going to sleep at midnight isn't awful.

The truly weird thing is the fact that I never leave the house anymore.  I went from Friday to Wednesday a week or so ago and only left the house once to go buy stuff to put on the grill.  I was out of the house maybe 30 minutes in a 120 hour period.

I am pretty sure I am slowly losing my mind.

At least you have beaches.  Thankfully, my 5 year old loves nature so she got to planning 2 family nature hikes each week.  she'd pick the trail from a handful she knows well and lead us on the trail for a half hour or so.  It was really cute.  The heat is starting to put a damper on those unfortunately.  Like her father, she doesn't like to do much before 9:00am and Daddy doesn't like to hike at 5:00p on this swamp-ass weather (today notwithstanding).  I wish we had a pool during Covid-19 though.  

And to Jinx's point, I don't what it is about this lockdown but it has totally fucked with everybody's sleeping.  I guess it's just the routine part of it, of if your body is in the same 3 rooms all day, it just doesn't know when to shut off and rest?  Anybody see any articles explaining why that is?  Most people I talk to about it say they are sleeping more/better than usual, but that ain't the case in our house.  5 & 1 YO, and they go to bed on time, but don't actually fall asleep until about 8:30-9:00p.  That's way too late for them.  My wife used to go to bed at 10:30p and me at midnight.  Now I go to bed at 10:30p and she goes to bed at midnight.  I'm up at 4:30a and she at 6:30a, and the kids up at 7:00a.  It's all very strange.  Longer days didn't help either but this started back in April.  We gotta get it sorted and fixed before school "starts."  

38 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yikes.  😲

So, I've never worked in Florida, but those who were admitted when I was a hospitalist required an oxygen saturation below 88%.

Also, I'd be interested to know where he got all the medical data/history to suggest they were healthy patients.

So, I've never worked in Florida, but those who were admitted when I was a hospitalist required an oxygen saturation below 88%.
Also, I'd be interested to know where he got all the medical data/history to suggest they were healthy patients.

Yea I don’t believe the “healthy patient” thing one bit or there’d be a draconian lockdown in the entire country

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away