Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Jesus Christ! WTF is wrong with those people?

Spit on a clerk who has nothing to do with corporate policy and is probably making minimum wage.

I almost never use the c-word, but that fat bitch is nothing but an ignorant cunt.

Absolutely agree on the use of the "C" word, but I wouldn't have used it in this case with... except I'm lying hell yes I'd have used it on that ignorant cuntalso.

Guest Lobo

^

You're right, that guy is a lonely needle dick. 

In other disturbing Covid-19 news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/health-officials-threats-coronavirus/index.html

I heard one or two stories about this back in April, but it's still rampantly taking place in our country.  Today.  Literally thousands of public health officials have their lives and their families threatened for continuing to recommend/require essential social distancing orders.  Nobody has a problem with these people when they issue a 'boil your water' notice, but they close down a bingo parlor and suddenly someone threatens to murder their children.  Real nice.  

^
You're right, that guy is a lonely needle dick. 
In other disturbing Covid-19 news:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/health-officials-threats-coronavirus/index.html
I heard one or two stories about this back in April, but it's still rampantly taking place in our country.  Today.  Literally thousands of public health officials have their lives and their families threatened for continuing to recommend/require essential social distancing orders.  Nobody has a problem with these people when they issue a 'boil your water' notice, but they close down a bingo parlor and suddenly someone threatens to murder their children.  Real nice.  
Andy Slavitt alluded to this yesterday:

ef439660a9bfbe576cbd83dc31f7dddc.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

We need to slow it down again. Masks help slow it.

The next incredibly dumb thing we'll have to overcome is all of the Karen's wearing them under their nose or around their chin INSISTING that it's proof masks don't do anything

Guest Lobo
34 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The next incredibly dumb thing we'll have to overcome is all of the Karen's wearing them under their nose or around their chin INSISTING that it's proof masks don't do anything

I'm starting to think the mask pulled down around the chin is the new "no mask 'cause muh freedoms!" dog whistle.  We all pull it down from time to time to take a call or whatever, but I see people in the store and for the entirety of their shopping visit, they have it yanked down around their chin.  That's obviously more annoying than wearing it over your nose/mouth.  But I think with some folks (NOT ALL OR EVEN MOST), it's their wink-wink nudge-nudge way of saying, "These things are stupid, they don't do anything so Imma just let it dangle down here."  If there's an honest reason why somebody in Texas, on a hot day, would bother to buy a mask and then just leave it dangling down around their chin like a fat septuagenarians ball sack for 45 minutes inside HEB, then I'm all ears.  

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If there's an honest reason why somebody in Texas, on a hot day, would bother to buy a mask and then just leave it dangling down around their chin like a fat septuagenarians ball sack for 45 minutes inside HEB, then I'm all ears.  

I feel like you answered your own question. Who are we to judge? 

Guest Lobo

Yeah, "shrouded in romanticism"?  Da fuh?  Reads like AJ Willingham was writing for a Pulitzer, instead he's just being laughed at by anyone who ever played organize ball.  

It was all about chewing tobacco for decades.  Then MLB decided that was a bad look for kids, so it continues because of sunflower seeds and/or gum.  It's not romanticism you DIPshit (pun intended).  

One day, AJ is gonna walk through a candy shop and spend hours pontificating about why Big League Chew comes in a pouch instead of a pack like all the other gum.  

I see that the New Mexico Governor has stepped up her game....now has included ground travelers to quarantine for 14 days. It will be interesting, I know numerous folks in the Texas Panhandle that own property on Lakes Ute and Conchas that make weekend trips to fish and water ski......Texas FM 1058 out of Texas into very sparsely populated back roads of New Mexico....

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/governor-tightens-travel-restrictions-requires-14-day-quarantine-for-out-of-state-visitors/5779118/?cat=500

22 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

I see that the New Mexico Governor has stepped up her game....now has included ground travelers to quarantine for 14 days. It will be interesting, I know numerous folks in the Texas Panhandle that own property on Lakes Ute and Conchas that make weekend trips to fish and water ski......Texas FM 1058 out of Texas into very sparsely populated back roads of New Mexico....

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/governor-tightens-travel-restrictions-requires-14-day-quarantine-for-out-of-state-visitors/5779118/?cat=500

Hey kids, who wants to book a 21 day ski trip!  14 days of Xbox and pizza delivery followed by 7 days of YEAH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping CO will do the same. You guys need to get your shit together.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

New Mexico might as well be a third world country in terms of medical resources to fight this thing. With the number of Texans traveling through that state and giving zero fucks, it's just a matter of time before it lights that state on fire. As best I can tell, virtually every resident of New Mexico has comorbidities.*

*i am not a doctor 

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

New Mexico might as well be a third world country in terms of medical resources to fight this thing. With the number of Texans traveling through that state and giving zero fucks, it's just a matter of time before it lights that state on fire. As best I can tell, virtually every resident of New Mexico has comorbidities.*

*i am not a doctor 

per capita they have more cases than Texas right now 

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

per capita they have more cases than Texas right now 

Is per capita more than gross?  Or is net higher than rate?  These damn New Mexicans with their Latin.  

59 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Study out of Ochsner in NOLA. Some good news (lots of asymptomatic/unknown cases) and some bad news (~1.6% IFR including asymptomatics/unknowns).

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/7-2-2020-ochsner-health-prevalence-results-deck-final-1593709446.pdf

IFR of 10X-40X that of the flu.  That's....not good.  If the rate of transmission is materially higher, you're looking at even more deaths than just a 10-40X IFR would yield.  Also....not good.

Now, perhaps new treatment protocols etc. can knock down that IFR a bit.  But the main thing we can control is the transmission rate. So, you know, masks, avoid crowded indoor spaces, etc.  Until a vaccine.  Shit.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Study out of Ochsner in NOLA. Some good news (lots of asymptomatic/unknown cases) and some bad news (~1.6% IFR including asymptomatics/unknowns).

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/7-2-2020-ochsner-health-prevalence-results-deck-final-1593709446.pdf

Older people were more likely to be asymptomatic.

Seems to the complete opposite of what I've seen from so many other outlets, that it's the younger populations that are asymptomatic?  Specifically ages 10-19?

• Like 1

Just returned from a family funeral in Mississippi...non COVID related. Plenty of anti maskers. But 70% seemed to be taking it seriously. Flew into New Orleans and drove to Mississippi and was happy to see N.O. was 95%+ masked up.

Gotta take this shit seriously and mask up.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 2

Abbott just issued an executive order requiring masks, with a penalty of being fined:  https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf

AUSTIN - Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions. The Governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of over 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others. 

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” said Governor Abbott. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another—and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces. Likewise, large gatherings are a clear contributor to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Restricting the size of groups gatherings will strengthen Texas’ ability to corral this virus and keep Texans safe. We all have a responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe. If Texans commit to wearing face coverings in public spaces and follow the best health and safety practices, we can both slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep Texas open for business. I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans.”

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you read the comments.....just close the book on us as a species.  We are too stupid to continue.  Time to turn it over to the cockroaches, they can't be any fucking dumber.

Can you give us a few gems for those who don't twitter?

Guest Lobo

Only took him four months?  Impressive.  No politics, but I bet somebody else in SENIOR Texas leadership is gonna take issue with this.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away