Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Yeah.   

sigh, I’m not 22 and in that long blue floater... 

Without question...

But shit like this is going to force the hand of governing bodies when 1/6th of them get sick in a month. If these fuckers could just stay home for like 6 weeks we could have things this fall - like school. And football. And restaurants. And bars.

But they don’t. So we won’t.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Without question...

But shit like this is going to force the hand of governing bodies when 1/6th of them get sick in a month. If these fuckers could just stay home for like 6 weeks we could have things this fall - like school. And football. And restaurants. And bars.

They have been exposed already.  Partying among the youngsters has been going on for weeks.   Try not to panic.  

• Fuck You 2

On 6/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Johnny Sack said:

My kids are going to Camp Ozark next weekend.  So they have to get a test.  Not sure whether it is a antibody test.  

On 6/4/2020 at 1:07 AM, C-Man said:

Mine are going Third Session. They're getting physicals tomorrow. Guessing we'll line up COVID-19 tests for them in a couple of weeks. They were around me when I was probably potentially contagious -- be curious to see if they have antibodies.

Our friend who I likely got COVID from and his partner had a few of us over for dinner on Sun night. Apparently, he was COVID-positive case #1 for UT-Southwestern. He was placed on a vent and was sedated or in a coma for 10+ days. Sounds like he coded once and they brought him back. He's 59 and was in good shape before he got sick. Said he had pneumonia as a kid that apparently damaged part of one of his lungs and the virus went after that part of his lung hard-core. They gave him a couple different experimental drugs and the second one seems to have worked. He's been home for two months and is still struggling. Not sure he'll ever fully recover. Crazy all around.

FYI - We just got the call. A kid showed a fever and tested positive. The entire pod  of kids (not our kid's) is being sent home. A new group arrives tomorrow, and the kids from this session come home a week from today. 
Reality check: we will all be exposed. All we can do is mitigate risks. Assuming her pod makes it through the week without a positive test, she'll be tested on day 3-4 following her return and quarantined for about 10 days. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

Just now, Pancho said:

As much as I’d like to hate on these types of behaviors (partly jealousy) if the ozark party didn’t lead to many (any?) infections, then this can’t be that bad. It seems that it in the summer outdoor shit is probably fine but as soon as one goes indoors to cool off in the AC, Shit spreads. We really need more info. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Fuck me, just saw that Florida reported over 11,000 new cases today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/04/coronavirus-update-us/

Nationwide, the rolling seven-day average for new cases was 48,321 on Saturday, up 11,700 from a week ago, according to tracking by The Washington Post. Fourteen states also reported new average highs.

Florida set another daily record for new infections, reporting 11,458 confirmed cases. The state has reported multiple daily records since late June, and the rate of positive test results has climbed into the double digits. Only New York has tallied more cases in a single day, with 11,571 on April 15

Off topic sort of but NYC is fucking INSANE right now with fireworks. Reminds me of old East Austin where they’d have shit popping for hours, good times. Never seen these many home fireworks, it’s everywhere. Can only think it’s pent up ‘Rona rage. Cops just letting it go too

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

We couldn’t squash it with a 6 week SIP when there were a fraction of the cases. We’ve had all the good compliance to lockdowns that we’re getting out of young, healthy people.

Buckle up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

They have been exposed already.  Partying among the youngsters has been going on for weeks.   Try not to panic.  

what?  no, we must panic and for gods sake be in a hurry about it.

10 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Without question...

I said it awhile back that the 20-40 year old age group was going to screw us. If I get bored I’ll go back and quote myself. There’s a bunch of older people doing the same thing but not in those numbers. Also I think I know you back from Abel’s days in the 90’s.

anyway, we aren’t having bars open this year unless they pull their head out of their ass and realize it’s ok for a bar to be open for outdoor seating. Like, it’s way better than the inside restaurant that has a bar inside for people to gather at.

Otherwise let’s go ahead and put all bars out of business. We’ve lost all common sense.

• Like 1

Dude. My teenage daughter got covid a few weeks ago after one of these parties. Literally she picked it up at a lake party in Austin- no not the LT pongparty. But something similar.

Was sick for a week. It sucked and does suck really really bad for everyone in the family. A few really really bad.

My wife has asked me to hold off on posting details here for privacy reasons but i can assure you this this shit is real.

Hope your family gets through this OK. 

Dude. My teenage daughter got covid a few weeks ago after one of these parties. Literally she picked it up at a lake party in Austin- no not the LT pongparty. But something similar.

Was sick for a week. It sucked and does suck really really bad for everyone in the family. A few really really bad.

My wife has asked me to hold off on posting details here for privacy reasons but i can assure you this this shit is real.

6 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Should the pubs stay closed until there is a vaccine?

@StruggleBus course not, but if there are guidelines, stick to them and have them Strictly enforced. But If we don’t need them and can safely congregate Outdoors, awesome, let’s do that and fuck unnecessary guidance that only adds stress, worry, and financial hardship.

@Gardner Barnes That sucks, I’m sorry y’all are going through that. I hope she is feeling better. And that y’all are safe/healthy as well. No doubt it is real. I am just trying to find some hope in this current situation I’m seeing DAILY here in queens:

1) almost every outdoor restaurant/bar packed with people not of the same household at almost all the tables

2) for hours, usually around 2 or 3pm until close late at night  

3) table groups not 6ft apart But instead right up next to each other like normal times

4) no masks on the patrons while they’re chillin which would be understandable if the stuff above was not happening 

5) the tables themselves straddle the sidewalk so any pedestrians doing normal shit have to walk in between massive amounts of drunk, yelling, unmasked folk

6) the pedestrians themselves sometimes don’t wear masks (which is fine) but they come within inches of tables were no one is wearing any masks

Nyc rates of cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc have all fallen and while people are good about wearing masks when appropriate and distancing in general, it is a fucking SHITSHOW when it comes to the outdoor hospitality industry. I really really hope we aren’t fucking this up but I guess we’ll know in a week or so since we hit phase three on the 22 or the 29 (The days are kind of bleeding together). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

England opening up pubs and restaurants. By the lines shown on the news, I don’t think they learned our lesson. 

Spain is too.  The restrictions are very limited now in public.  My son sent me a photo from a going away party at a restaurant out in town, and I asked him if it was really from this year.  Spain had some very strict fines with regard to their stay at home order.  People in the photo had no masks and and grouped together for the pic like normal, and they were 'legal' with their behavior.

Edited by slorch

49 minutes ago, achooloco said:

@StruggleBus course not, but if there are guidelines, stick to them and have them Strictly enforced. But If we don’t need them and can safely congregate Outdoors, awesome, let’s do that and fuck unnecessary guidance that only adds stress, worry, and financial hardship.

@Gardner Barnes That sucks, I’m sorry y’all are going through that. I hope she is feeling better. And that y’all are safe/healthy as well. No doubt it is real. I am just trying to find some hope in this current situation I’m seeing DAILY here in queens:

1) almost every outdoor restaurant/bar packed with people not of the same household at almost all the tables

2) for hours, usually around 2 or 3pm until close late at night  

3) table groups not 6ft apart But instead right up next to each other like normal times

4) no masks on the patrons while they’re chillin which would be understandable if the stuff above was not happening 

5) the tables themselves straddle the sidewalk so any pedestrians doing normal shit have to walk in between massive amounts of drunk, yelling, unmasked folk

6) the pedestrians themselves sometimes don’t wear masks (which is fine) but they come within inches of tables were no one is wearing any masks

Nyc rates of cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc have all fallen and while people are good about wearing masks when appropriate and distancing in general, it is a fucking SHITSHOW when it comes to the outdoor hospitality industry. I really really hope we aren’t fucking this up but I guess we’ll know in a week or so since we hit phase three on the 22 or the 29 (The days are kind of bleeding together). 

Where's Penelope to tell us that Texas' behavior screwed NY? Sounds like we're all behaving similarly when things open up -- pent up demand and struggling businesses push limits, leading to dangerous situations. 

• Like 1

Passed by the Fort Myers testing site at 6:30 this morning. There were easily well over 150 vehicles in line already and it didn’t open until 9. Sarasota testing center looked the same an hour or so later. Crazy to think people are waiting that long to get tested.

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

I said it awhile back that the 20-40 year old age group was going to screw us.

Millennials trying to kill off the boomers to save the country. 

Edited by heso
  • Haha 1

Where's Penelope to tell us that Texas' behavior screwed NY? Sounds like we're all behaving similarly when things open up -- pent up demand and struggling businesses push limits, leading to dangerous situations. 

He is talking about Queens. I’ve only been out in Williamsburg and Manhattan. All the tables are well spaced apart (6 ft min). People are masked up on the sidewalks, and I’m not seeing the random groups congregating.

11 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He is talking about Queens. I’ve only been out in Williamsburg and Manhattan. All the tables are well spaced apart (6 ft min). People are masked up on the sidewalks, and I’m not seeing the random groups congregating.

Fucking Astoria then, I hope we don’t fuck it up for everyone. 

• Like 1

Got rapid tested yesterday at elite care in Rice Village.  From the time I setup appointment to results was about 90 minutes.  I was negative.  Had a PCR done the night before. Took about 15 minutes as I made an appointment.  But they said results in 5 days.  Have had a fever and chills since Wednesday plus gastro issues.  Generally feel week.  But otherwise fine. Been quarantining by myself.  

Since my wife and kids have been out of town and I haven’t been around anyone, I hope the PCR comes back positive.  Rapid test apparently has a 20 percent false negative rate.  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Got rapid tested yesterday at elite care in Rice Village.  From the time I setup appointment to results was about 90 minutes.  I was negative.  Had a PCR done the night before. Took about 15 minutes as I made an appointment.  But they said results in 5 days.  Have had a fever and chills since Wednesday plus gastro issues.  Generally feel week.  But otherwise fine. Been quarantining by myself.  

Since my wife and kids have been out of town and I haven’t been around anyone, I hope the PCR comes back positive.  Rapid test apparently has a 20 percent false negative rate.  

Rapid test = antibody I assume?

Sorry buddy. Hope you are negative. My daughter had a real rough couple of days. Our quarantine sucked.

Some of my extended family are medical professionals and the general consensus is the rapid test is junk. The only real way to test for this virus is to grow a culture. That is why it takes 2-3 days for an accurate result.

2 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Sorry buddy. Hope you are negative. My daughter had a real rough couple of days. Our quarantine sucked.

Some of my extended family are medical professionals and the general consensus is the rapid test is junk. The only real way to test for this virus is to grow a culture. That is why it takes 2-3 days for an accurate result.

Thanks.  It hasn’t been that bad. Boring mainly.  Didn’t even feel like watching tv.  Haven’t eaten much at all.  And the first two days I couldn’t go get tested because I couldn’t risk not being close to a toilet for more than a minute.  At this point, I hope it is positive.  Fever was running 103 for a couple days when not on Tylenol.  Now I’m around 100. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

FYI - We just got the call. A kid showed a fever and tested positive. The entire pod  of kids (not our kid's) is being sent home. A new group arrives tomorrow, and the kids from this session come home a week from today. 
Reality check: we will all be exposed. All we can do is mitigate risks. Assuming her pod makes it through the week without a positive test, she'll be tested on day 3-4 following her return and quarantined for about 10 days. 

I got the phone call about 8 last night. Had heard through online FB page that there was an issue when a CIT tested positive Thursday. I missed a call from camp Thursday evening. Then a kid got sick yesterday, like you said. I heard at first they were sending 15 cabins home immediately. I think it's actually closer to 10. My kids weren't among that group -- yet. But I'm on call to have to drive up there at a minute's notice to pick them up.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I got the phone call about 8 last night. Had heard through online FB page that there was an issue when a CIT tested positive Thursday. I missed a call from camp Thursday evening. Then a kid got sick yesterday, like you said. I heard at first they were sending 15 cabins home immediately. I think it's actually closer to 10. My kids weren't among that group -- yet. But I'm on call to have to drive up there at a minute's notice to pick them up.

What Facebook page? 

Do you know if they cancelled session F? It seems strange that the info stream and photo feed has gone silent for the last 16 hours. 

Camp longhorn cancelled a session at Ranch (Indian Springs) and moved the rest of the sessions to 1 week. We are just going to take a refund. I’m not all that worried about my kid getting sick enough to be hospitalized, but one week of camp is just not worth it for her.

My daughter is supposed to go to Camp Champions the last week of July and first week of August. Thankfully they have a generous cancellation policy whereby I can get a full refund if I cancel with at least 48 hours notice.  Haven’t heard any news out of that camp so far.

13 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Really sucks for for you and the family.  Hope she's on the road to recovery.

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Welp- shit just got real. Camper in my daughter’s cabin tested positive and the cabin is being sent home. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away