Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

24 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Moderna released the full data set for its phase 1 trial, and the data showed safety and efficacy.  Neutralizing antibodies in an amount 2x to 4x what is seen in a recovered COVID patient were seen in all 45 participants.  The phase 3 trial with 30,000 participants will begin on July 27.  Google "Moderna" for any number of sources, but here is one:

Moderna Phase 1 Results Positive

Edited by Stannis
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Moderna released the full data set for its phase 1 trial, and the data showed safety and efficacy.  Neutralizing antibodies in an amount 2x to 4x what is seen in a recovered COVID patient were seen in all 45 participants.  The phase 3 trial with 30,000 participants will begin on July 27.  Google "Moderna" for any number of sources, but here is one:

Moderna Phase 1 Results Positive

Hmmm. Any conjecture on if this can also be used to treat an active infection, or if we could eradicate the disease before immunity wears off with sufficient inoculation numbers?

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah, the Moderna vaccine looks really promising.  It generated a significant antibody response in everyone who took it.  It will likely be an initial vaccine and then a follow up booster a week or 2 later.  Could be rolled out on a mass scale by the January.  The anti-vaxxers will free up doses for sane people.  And hopefully thin the herd of dead weight.

Do we have self-identified anti-maskers on this site.  Someone said Vic.  Anyone else?  Pilots Error seems likely.  I don't follow this thread closely enough.  It moves too fast.

53 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hmmm. Any conjecture on if this can also be used to treat an active infection, or if we could eradicate the disease before immunity wears off with sufficient inoculation numbers?

If it is a vaccine, it can not be used to treat a current infection.

*  This is where I hedge and say that Anastasis could weigh in on this differently, and I would take his contribution as solid.

14 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Twitter is a disease...a disease as deadly as cancer, as horrible as syphilis...

Twitter, the lamest most self important, yet actually meaningless social platform on the planet.  Any time a tweet states it's gone viral you can bet that means about 50 people are sharing it among themselves.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, Incredulity said:

Are there studies that pinpoint the current surge to bars?  Contact tracing results?  I find reference to, “spread in bar settings” referenced over and over but no referral to source of that info.

I don’t have the exact source handy but I’ve read this on several local news sites. If you really need a source I’m sure some googling would turn it up. 

Allegheny county has like 1.3 million people. Around the time we moved to PA’s “green phase” (a terrible name considering what it would signal to the dumbs) we had a day with zero new cases. 

Today we had over 300. Contact tracing put the overwhelming majority of the new outbreak into bars and restaurants. That and out of state travel. 

Do we have self-identified anti-maskers on this site.  Someone said Vic.  Anyone else?  Pilots Error seems likely.  I don't follow this thread closely enough.  It moves too fast.

Vaccines dont cut it for Vic-not large enough antibodies for his taste.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No idea, but I did see somewhere in ther 15 days to sero conversion. We gonna have to give the vax time to do it’s think after administration. 

Yet another idiotic belief about Covid-19 goes down the drain-O.   

It was 112 degrees in Phoenix yesterday.  It will not get under 110 degrees, for a high, for at least the next ten days in Phoenix.  Even their lows will not get under 85 degrees.  It will never not be at least 85 degrees in Phoenix for the next ten days.  If you believed them when they told you the heat will kill this, you're out of your fucking mind.  

Oh wait, because it's a dry heat in Phoenix, right?  Florida says "Hi."  

It will be interesting to see what the reporting of numbers looks like going forward with the White House relieving the CDC of that responsibility starting today.

Local school districts are starting to roll out their plans in TN. So far it has been pretty impressive the length they have gone to in their planning and the precautions they have put in place. All are planning to open that have reported, but they are also tieing staying open to local infection and hospitalization rates.

9 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Phoenix sounds a lot like NY and Italy right now.

Arizona isn't even in the top 15 states for total deaths. They've also had 30k less deaths and 300k less total cases than New York.

But keep fucking that chicken.

• Like 1

Arizona isn't even in the top 15 states for total deaths. They've also had 30k less deaths and 300k less total cases than New York. But keep fucking that chicken.

I happened to post that after watching a Phoenix doctor talking about conditions at his hospital where they are overwhelmed.

If that’s fucking a chicken well then I guess I’m a chicken fucker.

ETA: fewer

• Like 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I happened to post that after watching a Phoenix doctor was talking about conditions at his hospital where they are overwhelmed.

Maybe try getting your "facts" somewhere other than the television.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/travel-nurse-describes-comparison-between-new-york-and-arizona-hospitals/article_d2f49e38-c640-11ea-8b3d-3ff3edcab4e5.html

Spoiler

In New York, she says one nurse would be assigned to about four to five ICU COVID-19 patients, which isn't normal practice. 

"Our main ICU is only treating COVID patients. For now, there's only one patient per room, which is how it should be," Garcia explained. "If you're not doing something for your own patients, there's a lot of teamwork, so you're helping the other patients."

Oh the irony of your post (linking to a TV website news article). Also from that article:

Garcia says that she's learned that other hospitals in the Phoenix area are getting creative with their resources as the numbers climb.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It was 112 degrees in Phoenix yesterday.  It will not get under 110 degrees, for a high, for at least the next ten days in Phoenix.  Even their lows will not get under 85 degrees.  It will never not be at least 85 degrees in Phoenix for the next ten days.  If you believed them when they told you the heat will kill this, you're out of your fucking mind.  

But it's a dry heat, so coronavirus will fare much better.   I mean, duh.

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I happened to post that after watching a Phoenix doctor talking about conditions at his hospital where they are overwhelmed.

ETA: fewer

Ahhhhh the old anecdotal evidence angle.......  Yeah anecdotal evidence around here, (when it doesn't suit your point of view) is always scoffed at, and called anecdotal evidence, especially by the cabal. They have an almost religious aversion to anecdotal evidence (when it doesn't suit their needs of course)

• Like 1

Yeah good point.  I forgot how dry Florida and Houston are, that would explain their empty ICU wings. 

It's almost as if epidemiologists knew the "heat will kill it" thing was completely wrong.  

But I've decided, as for me and my family, we are going to continue to subscribe to the Covid-19 white paper writings of Mister Chuck Woolery.  

What could go wrong?  

Edited by Lobo

13 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Maybe try getting your "facts" somewhere other than the television.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/travel-nurse-describes-comparison-between-new-york-and-arizona-hospitals/article_d2f49e38-c640-11ea-8b3d-3ff3edcab4e5.html

Reveal hidden contents

In New York, she says one nurse would be assigned to about four to five ICU COVID-19 patients, which isn't normal practice. 

"Our main ICU is only treating COVID patients. For now, there's only one patient per room, which is how it should be," Garcia explained. "If you're not doing something for your own patients, there's a lot of teamwork, so you're helping the other patients."

stone oak: Try getting facts somewhere other than TV!

(links to a TV news site)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Ahhhhh the old anecdotal evidence angle.......  Yeah anecdotal evidence around here, (when it doesn't suit your point of view) is always scoffed at, and called anecdotal evidence, especially by the cabal. They have an almost religious aversion to anecdotal evidence (when it doesn't suit their needs of course)

Take your cabal bullshit to the cloak room. You guys just can’t help yourselves from trying to turn everything into a them versus us shit flinging contest.

I made a comment about what I had observed. When SO challenged with some misleading stats, I explained my source (admittedly anecdotal, and perfectly appropriate for the point I had made). Then you slide in with the “cabal” nonsense.

I didn’t scoff at SO’s stats or evidence. What I did was point out the irony of him scoffing at me for using what I saw on television by, wait for it, using a television report.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

But I was told you can’t get the virus outside anyway - no one needs to wear masks while walking 3-4 deep on crowded paths or sitting at 8-12 person tables on restaurant patios (or so I was told right here).  So what difference does outside temperature make if the virus apparently never goes outside?  Arizona has HVAC. 

58 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Take your cabal bullshit to the cloak room. You guys just can’t help yourselves from trying to turn everything into a them versus us shit flinging contest.

I made a comment about what I had observed. When SO challenged with some misleading stats, I explained my source (admittedly anecdotal, and perfectly appropriate for the point I had made). Then you slide in with the “cabal” nonsense.

I didn’t scoff at SO’s stats or evidence. What I did was point out the irony of him scoffing at me for using what I saw on television by, wait for it, using a television report.

Anytime somebody posts "anecdotal evidence" it's always shouted down.  I'm not saying that doctors not correct about his hospital, and I don't doubt that Arizona is spiking, just playing devils advocate here at your post.   You like to say "oh I'm just kidding around, that's what I do" when called out. You often try and walk that line brah, take a little bit of your own medicine...... again.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Anytime somebody puts out anecdotal evidence it's always shouted down always I'm not saying that doctors not correct about his hospital and I don't doubt that Arizona is spiking just playing devils advocate here we're at your post you say oh I'm just kidding around that's what I do you always try and walk that line brah take a little bit of your own medicine 

Seems a little early to be drinking but that’s just me.

I can't believe we have to say this to one another, but perhaps we should listen to the Germans when it comes to avoiding lies and hatred in handling this pandemic.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away