Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

I had my 2nd injection of the Moderna  vaccine on Thursday afternoon.  They did the nasal swab again (should be the last time for that thank God) and more blood work. The Dr. said most patients have been reporting mild fever and chills the next day that last about 24 hours, he was right.

About 4 hours after the injection my arm started to get sore near the injection site that progressed through the night and into the next day.  This was the only reaction I had after the first injection 4 weeks prior.

Throughout yesterday I had chills off and on especially around lunch time.  I put on some sweats and got under a big blanket for a bit to "warm" up. That helped. The highest my temperature ever got was 100.2 yesterday after dinner time.  It mostly stayed around 98.5-99.0 most of the day.  My normal body temperature is usually in the low to mid 97s range. I also had fairly mild body aches/soreness in some spots.  Just an overall feeling of blah throughout the day yesterday.

I woke up this morning feeling good as new! My body definitely had a pretty good immune response yesterday, but overall, nothing major.  When the vaccines do come out and if you decide to get one, maybe schedule it for a Friday so you can lie around on the couch the next day.  :)

I go back in a month to have more blood work done and then again on the 6th, 12 and 24 month.  I use an app to log my temperature and any reactions for the next 7 days and the lab calls me once a week for the next 3 weeks to see how I'm doing.  The study lasts 2 years and I get up to $1,600 for my time.

At this point, I have no doubt that I received the actual vaccine and not the placebo, but I am still going to get the antibody test done on my own in two weeks to see what the count is. The full blood draw one, not the rapid test.

For the medical people out there, which would be the best test for me to get with the best results for my situation?  The IgG test or the Total AB (IgM/IgG/IgA)?

On 4/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

Government bureaucrats dropped the ball.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Borachio said:

I had my 2nd injection of the Moderna  vaccine on Thursday afternoon.  They did the nasal swab again (should be the last time for that thank God) and more blood work. The Dr. said most patients have been reporting mild fever and chills the next day that last about 24 hours, he was right.

About 4 hours after the injection my arm started to get sore near the injection site that progressed through the night and into the next day.  This was the only reaction I had after the first injection 4 weeks prior.

Throughout yesterday I had chills off and on especially around lunch time.  I put on some sweats and got under a big blanket for a bit to "warm" up. That helped. The highest my temperature ever got was 100.2 yesterday after dinner time.  It mostly stayed around 98.5-99.0 most of the day.  My normal body temperature is usually in the low to mid 97s range. I also had fairly mild body aches/soreness in some spots.  Just an overall feeling of blah throughout the day yesterday.

I woke up this morning feeling good as new! My body definitely had a pretty good immune response yesterday, but overall, nothing major.  When the vaccines do come out and if you decide to get one, maybe schedule it for a Friday so you can lie around on the couch the next day.  :)

I go back in a month to have more blood work done and then again on the 6th, 12 and 24 month.  I use an app to log my temperature and any reactions for the next 7 days and the lab calls me once a week for the next 3 weeks to see how I'm doing.  The study lasts 2 years and I get up to $1,600 for my time.

At this point, I have no doubt that I received the actual vaccine and not the placebo, but I am still going to get the antibody test done on my own in two weeks to see what the count is. The full blood draw one, not the rapid test.

For the medical people out there, which would be the best test for me to get with the best results for my situation?  The IgG test or the Total AB (IgM/IgG/IgA)?

Popping a fever would seem to be a pretty good indication that you were randomized to active.  The placebo is a saline shot. 

• Like 1

Yes, but to be fair...the Secretary, in his infinite wisdom, also blocked the F.D.A. from regulatory authority over "Foods" because their agency title is Food & Drug Administration, singular.  Not plural, so he said "Foods" in his declaratory statement to the F.D.A.  Plural 3-D chess, 'n shit.  

But yeah, we shouldn't be talking about medicines and vaccines on a thread about Covid-19.  It could hurt a few feelings instead of this place being an exchange of information and ideas among some of the most highly educated and influential people in Texas.  Why the fuck would we want to do something like that?  

99% of us do not come onto this thread to read about developments in the war against Covid-19, okay?  We come here for DT validation! 

CDC updated their guidelines about the spread of covid.  

"There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond 6 feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants, or in fitness classes). In general, indoor environments without good ventilation increase this risk."

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

That's just ridiculous.  It was a "draft ".  Sure..  It's truly amazing to me we live in a time where the CDC is censored and I'll pretty much trust recommendations from any developed foreign country related to COVID (particularly as vaccines come into play).

1234.   Drafts get nowhere near the live servers in a situation like this, because nobody is sitting there typing it up on the site like it’s some kind of fucking blog for a little store or doctors office or something.  Only the approved final copy is transferred to a live server in a major organization.   

Somebody types it up somewhere else, it gets passed around, revised, signed off on, then copied to the main server.   

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.   Drafts get nowhere near the live servers in a situation like this, because nobody is sitting there typing it up on the site like it’s some kind of fucking blog for a little store or doctors office or something.  Only the approved final copy is transferred to a live server in a major organization.   

Somebody types it up somewhere else, it gets passed around, revised, signed off on, then copied to the main server.   

oh version 2020.7.7.154537_456 was supposed to be the final, not 2020.7.7.152151_876?  FUCK!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

COVID-19 emails from Nashville mayor's office show disturbing revelation

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

circling back on this - stop posting fucking propaganda and disinformation in these threads.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

U.S. officially crossed 200,000 deaths from Covid-19.  Obviously there can be a debate about undercounting/overcounting.  But 200,000 seems like a lot for a nation that's only 4% of the world's population.  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

U.S. officially crossed 200,000 deaths from Covid-19.  Obviously there can be a debate about undercounting/overcounting.  But 200,000 seems like a lot for a nation that's only 4% of the world's population.  

I wonder what % of morbidly obese and old we have.  Probably a lot higher than 4%

Was reading a report this morning about Covid in Russia/Belarus and stumbled upon this gem:

In Russia, all-cause excess mortality between May and July also turned out to be a factor of 3.6 higher than the official covid death figure (60,000 vs. 16,000). This is because Russian health authorities used a very narrow definition of ‘covid death’.

https://swprs.org/covid-in-belarus-and-russia-update/

This makes me skeptical of any comparisons between the US and other countries.

41 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

I wonder what % of morbidly obese and old we have.  Probably a lot higher than 4%

This is where being a nation full of fat asses and cramming our old somewhere out of sight (~25% or so of all CV19 deaths are from nursing homes/assisted living centers) is coming home to fucking roost.

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Was reading a report this morning about Covid in Russia/Belarus and stumbled upon this gem:

In Russia, all-cause excess mortality between May and July also turned out to be a factor of 3.6 higher than the official covid death figure (60,000 vs. 16,000). This is because Russian health authorities used a very narrow definition of ‘covid death’.

this.  there are probably less than 15 countries we can count on to have reasonably accurate counts and even those can have different definitions.

Russia, China, North Korea are examples of totalitarian regimes that will imprison and kill political critics and media. So you can cross those off the list. They do not represent the bulk of “other countries.”

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Russia, China, North Korea are examples of totalitarian regimes that will imprison and kill political critics and media. So you can cross those off the list. They do not represent the bulk of “other countries.”

then there are countries like India.

1 hour ago, Scary Stranger said:

You think we have more old people than other nations, by percentage?  We have the 46th highest Life Expectancy on the planet.  

I'll grant you the Obese thing, but think about this.  We are 46th in terms of "OLDS."  Globally, that is the single highest determining factor for Covid-19 morbidities.  AGE.   There are literally dozens of other countries that have a higher proportion of their population that are over 65 than we do.  

Why are we 46th in OLDS, 4% of the global population, and nearly a quarter of Coronavirus Deaths?  We do not have so many olds.  We have a lower amount actually.  

What could it possibly be?  

Edited by Lobo

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Yeah, I pretty much think the fair comparisons are western European democracies, Canada, AUS/NZ, and East Asia allies. But I mostly only take a glance at France/UK/Canada numbers outside the US.

Has this thing gone away yet?  Now we have new stats showing that less than 50 percent of the population is willing to get vaccinated with the first available vaccine.  So we’re not going to get herd immunity either apparently.

To be honest unless my doctor assures me it’s safe I won’t take it either.

• Hook 'Em 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away