Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

29 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the 780 came from Cuomo today I believe, which means is probably yesterday's number..  Im assuming that was all of NY not just NYC.  where are you getting the ICU numbers for NYC and/or NY?  the ICU rate is likely important to track IMO.

Peter Attia video I posted yesterday - check out his twitter page for a link.  I'm not sure if he obtained the numbers from publicly available data or via his contacts but I trust his accuracy.  Particularly with respect to NY data.  And yes, I do think he said it was NY (not specific to NYC) but would need to go back and double check. Think I botched that in my prior post.

Edited by Skipper

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I don't think we'll ever be able to look at a 2 day trend to glean anything meaningful.  But NYC reportedly going from approximately 150 ICU Covid as of Friday to 620 (yesterday morning) to 780 today (if your stat is accurate today) is a pretty concerning 5 day trend line.

I have a great uncle who was a Pulmonologist in the city. I bet he is happy that he retired last year. Maybe he would want to help out, though.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahahahaha 

This fucking guy (or girl?) is unbelievable.  It’s trending towards performance art or some Kids In The Hall or SNL skits or something. I saw this post, negged immediately and then honestly laughed out loud. So good. 

He's the toilet licker of the Shag.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Okay - this thread has been invaded by mouth breathing idiots who can't understand no politics.

No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city level discussion is allowed.

The national and state public policy talk needs to move to Cloak Room as there isn't a conducive way to include it and have members of the board not feel attacked politically.

The punishment will be banishment from DT for the duration of the coronavirus restrictions in Austin TX (I had to choose somewhere and I keep up with where I live). You will not be able to see or participate in any threads in the Daily Texan if you fuck this up.

May I suggest counties be allowed? Looking at how it is locking down around the country counties may be a good indicator as we move forward. 

Edited by InkaUtexas

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Okay - this thread has been invaded by mouth breathing idiots who can't understand no politics.

No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city level discussion is allowed.

The national and state public policy talk needs to move to Cloak Room as there isn't a conducive way to include it and have members of the board not feel attacked politically.

The punishment will be banishment from DT for the duration of the coronavirus restrictions in Austin TX (I had to choose somewhere and I keep up with where I live). You will not be able to see or participate in any threads in the Daily Texan if you fuck this up.

Image result for rudy clap gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

A lot of times viruses mutate to something less virulent. That’s eventually how spanish flu ended. So it’s not always a bad thing.

Yeah, but in places packed with sick people...  like say Syrian refugee camps or the slums of Brazil, viruses can pick up dna (rna?) snippets from other diseases and take on truly horrific attributes (less common, I know)  Hemorrhagic Corona Anyone?   Also if the virus doesn't drift it's less likely to become a seasonal thing.   So yeah, I'm on team slow mutation

Smith County (Tyler) has 14 cases and evidence of community spread, yet no SiP. Meanwhile Gregg County (Longview) has only 1 case from a week or so ago and no evidence of community spread and has issued a voluntary SiP to be made mandatory as soon as a second case is confirmed. I guess some folks just like to stand around holding each other's dicks while they face the apocalypse. 

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city/county level discussion is allowed.

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

May I suggest counties be allowed? Looking at how it is locking down around the country counties may be a good indicator as we move forward. 

chris jericho festival of friendship GIF by WWE

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Switching back to serious. A good friend of mine has likely has it. All the symptoms and it is not standard flu. Breathing issues already. Won't know for sure for another couple of days.

It, sadly, likely won't end well.

I've been kind of trying not to think about it.

My efforts aren't working.

Sorry to hear, why won't it end well? Other health issues or just a feeling? 

50 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I think she's hot.

5cf0741159d3d.image.png?resize=400,264

She shouldn't be holding a press conference if she has a fever, this is basic stuff people

39 minutes ago, Underdog said:

GCILF in the Appalachia of KY/WV. 

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

County judges perform as real judges just as meat judges are judges of good barbecue.

Meat Judges...  all girl punk band name

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city/county level discussion is allowed.

Good Luck and Godspeed...

Will there be a perps thread or a graph?

6 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

A friend just informed us her mom in a nursing home in Dallas tested positive today. 

That's horrible.  I don't envy the residents, workers, or first responders that have to deal with this type of thing.   It's one thing to die in your old age, it's another to know it's literally just around the corner, or maybe on your jello spoon.  Sucks 

I'm not sure I understand why outdoor construction would be problematic. Diffusion of droplets in the air and physical distance from workers would take care of much contagion wouldn't it? I can understand the play equipment and drinking fountains in the parks to a certain extent, but I do think they should allow people to visit unimproved or grassy open areas as long as they maintain separation. Families who live in apartments need to have a safe place for their children to run around or someone is going to get killed from something other than the virus.

I really would like to order some dirt online and have the big box store load it in my car so I can plant and be outdoors but I suppose that's against the spirit and intent of the SiP?

Y'all stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not sure I understand why outdoor construction would be problematic. Diffusion of droplets in the air and physical distance from workers would take care of much contagion wouldn't it? I can understand the play equipment and drinking fountains in the parks to a certain extent, but I do think they should allow people to visit unimproved or grassy open areas as long as they maintain separation. Families who live in apartments need to have a safe place for their children to run around or someone is going to get killed from something other than the virus.

I really would like to order some dirt online and have the big box store load it in my car so I can plant and be outdoors but I suppose that's against the spirit and intent of the SiP?

Y'all stay healthy.

Counterpoint:  Construction Porta potties  and roach coaches

Generally I agree though

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

spacer.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

BNO reported cases there. Will see if can find more information.   

I'd assume CDC.gov wouldn't report it until it was official, verifiable, etc., the most conservative known numbers. So BNO may be right.

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

Can I still complain about my local canton?

• Haha 2

So these craft distillers making hand sanitizers, what type of grain are they using?Is it the same stuff they use in their product? (Corn, rye, barley, etc.) Are they able to obtain the absolute cheapest grain available for this purpose? Doesn't it require some time for fermentation? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

Our guys drive themselves by and large.

There are at least 5 different houses in my neighborhood that are in various stages of demolition or construction.   Can confirm a shitload of cars/vans.  I think it depends on the trade.  Roofers are literally bused in.  Other than the idea of 15 dudes on a 1/4 acre sharing a port a pottie in mid/high 80* heat...  I think it's absolutely a non issue.

So these craft distillers making hand sanitizers, what type of grain are they using?Is it the same stuff they use in their product? (Corn, rye, barley, etc.) Are they able to obtain the absolute cheapest grain available for this purpose? Doesn't it require some time for fermentation? 

It’s made like vodka is made from what I saw on the news about Rebecca Creek doing the same they just add some other ingredients let me see if I can find the clip

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away