Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The dealer's boat ain't gonna pay for itself. Nothing beats making commissioned and/or minimum wage employees work long hours. Low overhead even if few customers walk onto the lot. And who is going to complain about their job in this climate. If you quit over the request to come in, you may lose plenty of govt benefits. Basically bosses are ruling the roost even more these days.

Can you imagine being the lone dude walking a lot right now looking at cars.   It’d be like The Walking Dead zombies rushing to that horse caught in the field on season 1 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

WH update PC:  People who have recently visited NYC and New Yorkers who go to other states should voluntarily quarantine for 14 days, since the NYC area is the big hotspot now for the Wuhan Flu.

Yankees fans headed to Houston should quarantine for 14 years.

How long is that in trash can bangs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, stone oak said:

The company I work for already found a way around it anyway. The vague language defining “essential” within they orders didn’t really make it that difficult really. 

But yeah glad to see SA is a shitshow...

Lol at “found a way around it”. I read the declaration. I had a very hard time thinking of a job that wasn’t covered under their “exempted businesses” section. The listed virtually every type of business on there.

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

So the shelter in place in San Antonio is effectively nothing at all. City leaders announced that it wouldn’t be enforced. Good to know.

It’s cya all over the place. Putting the responsibility on the citizenry so they can’t say hey you never said we shouldn’t yada. 

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

El Salvador, yes El Salvador, has some very strict measures going on right now. My favorite two are- 

Kid gets arrested for violating quarantine to go out and play Pokemon go. 

One passenger per car. 5 Passengers per bus. 

Cool. Let’s give them as much manufacturing business as we can cram into their little country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Lol at “found a way around it”. I read the declaration. I had a very hard time thinking of a job that wasn’t covered under their “exempted businesses” section. The listed virtually every type of business on there.

So we can also read it as most of us are not essential? Just asking since I did not check it out. Sounds like Hays County is taking that model. 

2 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

no shit, FLA should have just let the spring breakers greet the cruise ship that wants to dock there.  and then call down an orbital strike.

Hey man a B is an A in Florida.... checkout Sumter County, home to the largest "adult community " in the US .... F.

Party on Garth!

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

So far as I know, they're all still doing well but her week on Bourbon Street has resulted in some heartburn for her dad.

That many beads huh?   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yes.. total fucking horseshit. Git the email from the boss: "We Are Essential Personnel!"

To which I replied all: "So we can essentially die?"

Fired tomorrow? DGAF.

• Like 2

This thread has proven to be a prolific vehicle for people to nominate themselves for ignore.

Question for those capable of talking about the virus without predicting burning bodies in the streets...why didn't anyone freak out over H1N1/Swine Flu in 2009-10 the way people are freaking out now?  https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/h1n1-vs-novel-coronovirus-how-do-they-compare/ar-BB10vk2M according to that it killed 12K in the US, including 6K in a month from mid October 2009 to mid November 2009.  60 million infected 275K hospitalized in a year.  And I don't remember anyone closing anything or it dominating the headlines 24/7.  What is different or what has changed since then?

Edited by Hozz
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

I saw someone posted some guidelines for food safety. Did not save the link and would like to show it to a friend running a food bank. She is appalled at the varying levels groups are taking to approaching food carry out and distribution. Looked and saw some USDA requirements, but seemed was more for manufacturering. Thanks in advance. 

She should know this already but If she needs general info on CCPs have her check out FDA website, specifically HACCP system.

Edited by Sleep off ugly
ccps= critical control points
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

This thread has proven to be a prolific vehicle for people to nominate themselves for ignore.

Question for those capable of talking about the virus without predicting burning bodies in the streets...why didn't anyone freak out over H1N1/Swine Flu in 2009-10 the way people are freaking out now?  https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/h1n1-vs-novel-coronovirus-how-do-they-compare/ar-BB10vk2M according to that it killed 12K in the US, including 6K in a month from mid October 2009 to mid November 2009.  60 million infected 275K hospitalized in a year.  And I don't remember anyone closing anything or it dominating the headlines 24/7.  What is different or what has changed since then?

Do you even facebook, bro?

Also this shit spreads like  a Vick Mackey special in a Popeye's parking lot.

Edited by MissingInAction

Short answer? The biggest thing is the critical hospitalization rate. We didn’t have ERs and ICUs overrun during H1N1. Not even close.
Seriously, this is way different than H1N1.
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Yes.. total fucking horseshit. Git the email from the boss: "We Are Essential Personnel!"

Fired tomorrow? DGAF.

You're at a health system?  That is reckless.  Most systems have divided support/admin into 3 teams for every role and sent two of the teams to WFH while 'attending' all meetings online,  and to be the on call backups for if the onsite admin/support for that role becomes ill.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

7 minutes ago, Sleep off ugly said:

She should know this already but If she needs general info on CCPs have her check out FDA website, specifically HACCP system.

Passed it on. She runs a good system, but a bunch of her volunteers, including the ISD have no clue on distribution/packaging. They broke every rule at the ISD lunch pick up today. She wants to put together the latest fact sheet and send it out while making sure the information is right on. 

Thanks, first round on me. 

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Short answer? The biggest thing is the critical hospitalization rate. We didn’t have ERs and ICUs overrun during H1N1. Not even close.
Seriously, this is way different than H1N1.

This also going to bankrupt a lot of health systems/hospitals. Extreme treatment costs while postponing everything possible that would be paying the bills normally.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

I saw someone posted some guidelines for food safety. Did not save the link and would like to show it to a friend running a food bank. She is appalled at the varying levels groups are taking to approaching food carry out and distribution. Looked and saw some USDA requirements, but seemed was more for manufacturering. Thanks in advance. 

i posted this one earlier, is this it? focused on takeout/delivery 

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html#covid-on-food

18 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Social media and everyone was a zombie(financial crisis)in 2009 waiting to die anyway?

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

3/24 Update, I didn't want inconsistent weekend reporting to monkey with my numbers:

No change to infectivity, deaths at 0.30/0.27, so overall inching closer to the growth rage of known cases.  Which means total cases is probably what to be focused on still and not deaths, regardless of any testing increases.

We did undershoot cases Sat-Mon, but it wasn't by much.

Today's O/U: 58,160 cases - 735 deaths.

I put together a 70%-reduction scenario based on the assumption that earliest we should see numbers start to decline was yesterday, but that it won't fully show in the numbers for two more weeks.  I know the goal was 80% overall, but the countries handling this the best haven't even achieved that - 70% is more realistic until shown otherwise.

Todays O/U for the "goal scenario": 56,038 cases - 709 deaths.

Btw, there's no lag time for deaths.  Realistically impossible, but any other method looks terrible in the hindcast right now.

I'm locking this scenario in place until it gets rejected by the incoming data.  If I recreate it, I'll post the changes.  The base model is set up to react to each new day of input, so it is constantly evolving.

I have a feeling that our trajectory at the end of the week will not match the goal scenario, but it'll be better than the current trajectory of the data.  - Captain Obvious.

I feel like your cases O/U is really high? Even the goal scenario would require a greater than 25% from the previous total. Anyway, we've apparently blown through the death O/U for either scenario. 780 according to 1point3acres. 

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/

or 775 according to worldometers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

35 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Fired tomorrow? DGAF.

Reach out to me if you end up needing a job. I don’t pay great but I do pay. And you can work at home and possibly not die.

• Like 2

I feel like your cases O/U is really high? Even the goal scenario would require a greater than 25% from the previous total. Anyway, we've apparently blown through the death O/U for either scenario. 780 according to 1point3acres. 
John's Hopkins has us at 706.

13 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Passed it on. She runs a good system, but a bunch of her volunteers, including the ISD have no clue on distribution/packaging. They broke every rule at the ISD lunch pick up today. She wants to put together the latest fact sheet and send it out while making sure the information is right on. 

Thanks, first round on me. 

Happy to help. Checking out HACCP guidelines may be a good idea for anyone who is interested/already volunteering in food distribution.

As for the round, not a big drinker. Throw in a few extra cans/whatevers to the food bank and tell her it’s from an asshole on the internet and we’re even.

• Like 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

John's Hopkins has us at 706.

I'm pretty sure that it just hasn't updated yet. The others were at 706 a couple of hours ago. 

I was informed on the down low that our office is going to cut the total number of staff to 10, of wich I am one. Errbody else working from home or in a home/work rotation. I wonder if I'll get a medal or something? At least a cool polo shirt, right?

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

As of 7:41 this evening.

The COVID tracking project has us at 675 as of 9:22.

I imagine all of these sites are using different sources, different criteria, and all have errors.  The gold standards are if they reconcile back to govt figures at some point.

i also think at some point it’s going to become impossible to fully reconcile and minor discrepancies won’t matter. 

42 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Jfc another one of these

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sleep off ugly said:

Happy to help. Checking out HACCP guidelines may be a good idea for anyone who is interested/already volunteering in food distribution.

As for the round, not a big drinker. Throw in a few extra cans/whatevers to the food bank and tell her it’s from an asshole on the internet and we’re even.

Might reach to some of the area restaurants that are on takeout only and see if whoever holds the sanitation/HACCP certificate for them would be willing to volunteer a day or two to train and put proper food handling in place. 

EDIT- Caterer may be better suited for that kind of operation.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

SEC SEC SEC

Between this and Kentuckians trying to buy over 500 cans of Mountain Diabetes at a Kroger’s, it’s been a good day for Kentucky in the news.     Florida is scheming to top those stories.     Let’s just hope aggy doesn’t see an opportunity for another championship to slap on the walll.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away