Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

PSA:  It finally moved to all of my family.  The virus lingers and doesn't just go away.  I ran an experiment by taking each of the compounds individually to test symptoms and effectiveness.  I found that the ISATIS ROOT extract was the most effective.  This is probably due to the availability of larger doses.  My brother and wife are doing better but they have confirmed that it comes back.  You can mask the pain by taking advil etc but it does not deter the virus like the compounds.  The most effective route is taking all the compounds as it attacks the virus in different ways.

When you first get the symptoms:  1000mg of Isatis Root extract will knock it down. It will take about 3 hours to realize effects through less pain. Next, 500 mg 3 times a day to be able to operate with no symptoms.  You may feel some mild pain but it's minor. 

It will take over a week to a month to be well.  The symptoms lessen and become manageable.  The goal is to keep it out of the lungs and off the kidneys.  No fear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

PSA:  It finally moved to all of my family.  The virus lingers and doesn't just go away.  I ran an experiment by taking each of the compounds individually to test symptoms and effectiveness.  I found that the ISATIS ROOT extract was the most effective.  This is probably due to the availability of larger doses.  My brother and wife are doing better but they have confirmed that it comes back.  You can mask the pain by taking advil etc but it does not deter the virus like the compounds.  The most effective route is taking all the compounds as it attacks the virus in different ways.

When you first get the symptoms:  1000mg of Isatis Root extract will knock it down. It will take about 3 hours to realize effects through less pain. Next, 500 mg 3 times a day to be able to operate with no symptoms.  You may feel some mild pain but it's minor. 

It will take over a week to a month to be well.  The symptoms lessen and become manageable.  The goal is to keep it out of the lungs and off the kidneys.  No fear.

I'm sure you're aware of the suggestion to stay away from Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs

• Like 4

Did anyone in your family actually get tested? Just curious because I’ve seen lots of people claiming to have it without a test, which gets a little confusing.

1 minute ago, wild_turkey said:

Did anyone in your family actually get tested? Just curious because I’ve seen lots of people claiming to have it without a test, which gets a little confusing.

Are you a corona cop? Because if you're a corona cop, you have to tell him

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Austin ISD Parents, check your emails

”In response to the Stay Home - Work Safe Order issued by the City of Austin and Travis county, AISD schools are closed through April 13. Even though our schools are not open, we will facilitate continuous learning opportunities for our students. Austin ISD staff and families should prepare for schools to be closed for a longer period of time.”

They are working on the online education stuff, but it’s a nightmare to switch an entire pre-k through 12 system to online.  Wife being in education, and tons of teacher friends, and speculation is all over, including ideally things opening up on the 14th, and just extending a few weeks iinto the summer, all the way to online only for rest of the year.  I do know they are having teachers reach out to the kids and their parents, and they are offering optional “learning opportunities” (aka doing your normal homework, but through Google Docs or whatever).     I do know UT is working with its teaching/etc. students who were in the schools for student teaching, etc. to make sure they could complete their requirements   

@Larry T. Spider Probably has more info.  Or maybe it’s secret, so not.  

It going to be optional activities for a long time. As soon as it’s required or grades are taken then we have to fulfill special education requirements. We have no capability to do that at this time. We are basically providing resources for kids as well as ways for them to connect with their teachers and each other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Yes. You simply piss on a groundhog and if it goes back in its hole, you're a COVID.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Did you ever get tested? When did you 1st show symptoms? I keep waiting for the link to your herbal remedy website...

• Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Its cool. Warm weather and such. Serious, so when do numbers start going up due to Spring Break? And Easter week is right around the corner. In Latin America almost everyone travels. 

Can't speak for Latin America, I haven't really paid much attention to any measures they may have taken.  The above info on Mexico is really the first I've heard.

Our Spring Break for Austin and Central Texas was a little late this year, so at this point we're already 1.5 weeks after the time when a huge chunk of the population had it.  So, I'd expect to start seeing increases in symptomatic cases, pretty much now.

Just now, utee94 said:

Can't speak for Latin America, I haven't really paid much attention to any measures they may have taken.  The above info on Mexico is really the first I've heard.

Our Spring Break for Austin and Central Texas was a little late this year, so at this point we're already 1.5 weeks after the time when a huge chunk of the population had it.  So, I'd expect to start seeing increases in symptomatic cases, pretty much now.

With the exception of three countries (El Salvador, Peru and Colombia) is has been a meh response. Ecuador has over 1000 cases and schools are heading back next week. Numbers are creeping up in Venezuela and though they called for a total lockdown people are not listening. 

Countries of concern. Brazil. Bolivia (never gets warm up in those mountains) and god forbid Haiti. 

Was thinking of an international thread for the few who follow that, but if group is cool with this being discussed here don't think we need another one. 

• Like 2

Still want to know:
Why China's number are barely climbing.  This thing never got out of Hubei and into Beijing or Shanghai or anywhere else?
And
How Germany only as 172 deaths (as of now).   France has 2/3 the cases and 5 times the deaths

Read on another board that while Italy counts anyone who had covid and died as a covid death, Germany isn't.

Just now, BurntEyes said:

I'm of the opinion that it probably needs its own thread as US national policy is going to be extremely hard to avoid in that discussion and well, we ALL know what happens then.

OK, will set it up. just for reports for the Surly's out there. On that, who is our Resident Argentine who could chime in? 

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

With the exception of three countries (El Salvador, Peru and Colombia) is has been a meh response. Ecuador has over 1000 cases and schools are heading back next week. Numbers are creeping up in Venezuela and though they called for a total lockdown people are not listening. 

Countries of concern. Brazil. Bolivia (never gets warm up in those mountains) and god forbid Haiti. 

Was thinking of an international thread for the few who follow that, but if group is cool with this being discussed here don't think we need another one. 

Costa Rica is more locked down than the United States.

Spoiler

The government also decreed a state of national emergency, on March 16, due to the threat of the virus after being present in the country for only 10 days. In addition, lessons were suspended in all public and private schools and colleges until 4 April. Access to the country was also reduced to only Costa Ricans and permanent residents, a measure that will start a minute after midnight on 18 March and last until 12 April. Those entering must remain in quarantine for at least 14 days.[12]

On March 23, the Ministry of Health and the Government announced new prevention measures against the virus, including the total closure of beaches in the country, the mandatory closure of temples and religious services, and vehicle restriction in the main cities of the country from 10 PM to 5 AM. All residents and refugees will lose their migratory status if they leave the country for any reason.[22]

On March 24, the government announced they will temporarily reduce their in person workforce by 80% and also void the salary raise approved last January for all public servants except for the police force.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Costa Rica is more locked down than the United States.

Reveal hidden contents

The government also decreed a state of national emergency, on March 16, due to the threat of the virus after being present in the country for only 10 days. In addition, lessons were suspended in all public and private schools and colleges until 4 April. Access to the country was also reduced to only Costa Ricans and permanent residents, a measure that will start a minute after midnight on 18 March and last until 12 April. Those entering must remain in quarantine for at least 14 days.[12]

On March 23, the Ministry of Health and the Government announced new prevention measures against the virus, including the total closure of beaches in the country, the mandatory closure of temples and religious services, and vehicle restriction in the main cities of the country from 10 PM to 5 AM. All residents and refugees will lose their migratory status if they leave the country for any reason.[22]

On March 24, the government announced they will temporarily reduce their in person workforce by 80% and also void the salary raise approved last January for all public servants except for the police force.

well nobody has a car there so does it matter?

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away