Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

36 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he's older but I've never heard of him being a hard partier but who knows.    looking at the wiki, had no idea he was Jewish.  if he has had it for 10 and no fever or cough he might be OK. cross fingers.

19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think he might have the 'titis

Yep, just found it.  Hepatitis C. Probably no effect, and he’s 10 days in.  

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I saw the Navy article came from the San Francisco Chronicle. Assuming they are in the bay area, there is a Naval Hospital in Oakland.

By the way, do any of you Bay Area guys know what they eventually did with Treasure Island? Assuming it is vacant and they don't want to use the Naval Hospital and the buildings on Treasure Island aren't dilapidated then maybe that is another option. It seems weird though that we are hearing about this through the newspaper.

They are in Guam.  They are forward deployed and pulled into Guam after sailors started getting sick.  

46 minutes ago, Skipper said:

So our military seriously didn't have plans in place to quarantine service members on navy ships if an outbreak occurs?  Because that's only one of the most predictable things ever after what we've seen with cruises.   Seems we find new evidence of our gross incompetence daily.

You can tell you have never stepped foot on a Navy ship.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Hang on a minute. From the age of 18-21 presumably while you were in college, outside possibly fiduciary ends, were your parents getting ANY input on your spring break plans?

I was way to poor to go to Cabo, but not to poor for gas to Padre and sleeping in a tent.

Touche.  I only went to Padre in high school, so my parents still had some say.  Whatever, kids are idiots.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

We are in our 3rd week of online school in Ohio. Our Gov. locked down things much earlier than almost any state. I think it's had a dramatic impact.  Michigan is a fucking hot zone right now with I think 5x the cases.  Smaller connecting state that fucked around a bit.  The case studies of how each state reacted to this pandemic are going to be taught for generations. 

Ohio has been doing a great job from the beginning.  Case studies will be interesting.  Compare and contrast Ohio vs Texas and Florida.  

The CO of the TR must be incredibly concerned and frustrated because he just ended his career with that letter.  I applaud his leadership and his priority of trying to take care of his crew.  

A large part of the senior leadership in the Navy today fucking sucks ass.  Especially on the West Coast.  Today I am more glad than ever that I left the Navy when I did.  I just hope that my peers who now are at the O6 level can make a difference soon.  

There is a person on here who was/is an O6 Surface Warfare Officer - lets see if he comments.  I am not going to call him out.  

• Like 2

Just now, BurntEyes said:

I wasn't thinking HS. Were there fuckers whose parents paid for them to got to Cabo in HS?!?

Fuck, being poorish with responsible parents really sucked.

well, to be honest, flights are probably $20 each way right now.  So sell the Calc2 book and hop on plane with money left over for drinks

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The CO of the TR must be incredibly concerned and frustrated because he just ended his career with that letter.  I applaud his leadership and his priority of trying to take care of his crew.  

A large part of the senior leadership in the Navy today fucking sucks ass.  Especially on the West Coast.  Today I am more glad than ever that I left the Navy when I did.  I just hope that my peers who now are at the O6 level can make a difference soon.  

There is a person on here who was/is an O6 Surface Warfare Officer - lets see if he comments.  I am not going to call him out.  

They had 3 cases on the 24th, so that escalated fast.   Don’t think he’s worried about his career at this point   

Wasn’t @blacklab on subs or something.  Can only imagine how it would go through one of those.  

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I wasn't thinking HS. Were there fuckers whose parents paid for them to got to Cabo in HS?!?

Fuck, being poorish with responsible parents really sucked.

1234.    I had plenty of HS classmates that went to South Padre and Mexico and stayed in fancy hotels, etc.   One of our rivals (Clements), half that school probably flew to Mexico or Europe for spring break.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Touche.  I only went to Padre in high school, so my parents still had some say.  Whatever, kids are idiots.

got lucky this year.  the college soph was supposed to go skiiing last week so it got cancelled and refunded. told him to come home and sit his ass here.  he can spring break the year after he graduates and I will pay for it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

got lucky this year.  the college soph was supposed to go skiiing last week so it got cancelled and refunded. told him to come home and sit his ass here.  he can spring break the year after he graduates and I will pay for it.

Good dad. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ohio has a higher death rate measured against their population than Texas (double Texas), as well as a higher infection rate. That's true with Texas reporting numbers through this morning and Ohio's haven't come in yet. 

It is a bizarre infatuation some of you guys have with constantly running down this state on this thread. 

Look Karen, we are running down a lack of consistent state leadership, not the entire state.  Our medical folks are amazing.  If Texas had implemented the measures that other states did earlier, and on a statewide basis, we would have far fewer cases.    We also wouldn’t be waiting for the other shoe to drop, when smaller communities with few restrictions overwhelm their hospitals and come looking to us.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They had 3 cases on the 24th, so that escalated fast.   Don’t think he’s worried about his career at this point   

Wasn’t @blacklab on subs or something.  Can only imagine how it would go through one of those.  

Both he and Leeroy served on nukes if memory serves. There may even be a third nuke sub guy on here too?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Look Karen, we are running down a lack of consistent state leadership, not the entire state.  Our medical folks are amazing.  If Texas had implemented the measures that other states did earlier, and on a statewide basis, we would have far fewer cases.    We also wouldn’t be waiting for the other shoe to drop, when smaller communities with few restrictions overwhelm their hospitals and come looking to us.

state?  our fucking county and city council is a shitshow of epic proportions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Hays County reported two more positive COVID-19 cases, bringing its total to 24. Out of the 24 cases, six patients have recovered and 19 are believed to be from community spread, the county said in a news release.

Lots of people here expecting an increase due to students coming back, going back into their dorms, and no one really tracking it. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

aren't almost all the kids bailing from the dorms/campus?

No. They had to request to stay there. The college apartments are packed as well. They are not offering refunds. On a side note, Bobcat Bounty which functions as a food bank for students is screaming for help. Fun times. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What is this "we" shit, white man? Your conjecture is your own, because the facts aren't working in your favor. You just lumped us in with fucking Florida without any actual facts to utilize in doing so. And to take a position that you haven't been holistically derogatory about the entirety of the state in your posts here is also disingenuous silliness. From rants about Cletus to projecting explosions in Dallas to now going back to the "stupid small town people" trope with rants about the state government mixed in, it's like a sideshow to the thread. 

But hey, you're aligned well with Dahobbs. He's the guy who matter of fact declared this time a week ago that on April 10 we'd be seeing 10,000 deaths a day in the US. You guys keep at it. It's good shit.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No. They had to request to stay there. The college apartments are packed as well. They are not offering refunds. On a side note, Bobcat Bounty which functions as a food bank for students is screaming for help. Fun times. 

What do they need?  Volunteers or $?

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away