Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

I don't think it's appropriate to quote anything to the interested parties in case they decide to delete later, but in a thread about thousands dead due to a weird pandemic I would not think it possible to dial up the crazy any higher. And yet, like so many have said, here we are....

Edited by smoothlonghorn
Edit: No hate to you tbone_ or anyone that quotes--we were all typing at the same time
  • Like 2

So my 21 yo niece (NO PICS) is positive for COVID 19.  She lives at home with my brother’s whole family in SLC so they are all on quarantine.  She just posted a bunch of photos two days ago about her “amazing” trip to Seattle a couple of weeks ago.  SMH

I hate your niece and brother

23 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

So my 21 yo niece (NO PICS) is positive for COVID 19.  She lives at home with my brother’s whole family in SLC so they are all on quarantine.  She just posted a bunch of photos two days ago about her “amazing” trip to Seattle a couple of weeks ago.  SMH

I'm sitting here trying to enjoy my Costco stuffed bell pepper (surprisingly delicious BTW), and I read this kind of post.

• Like 2

Look at Ohio moving down each day on the total cases list.  Look at the surrounding states of Indiana, Michigan and PA.  All with less population than Ohio except PA which is now multiples higher.  The Gov here kicked ass early having the balls to shut things down.  DeWine is going to come out of this looking like a hero. 

Ohio’s freaking killing it despite me making fun of them, because Ohio. I forgot who put me in my place that Ohio’s very medically advanced.

I’d love our countries chances if it wasn’t for Louisiana and Michigan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Look at Ohio moving down each day on the total cases list.  Look at the surrounding states of Indiana, Michigan and PA.  All with less population than Ohio except PA which is now multiples higher.  The Gov here kicked ass early having the balls to shut things down.  DeWine is going to come out of this looking like a hero. 

By all accounts, he's done a fantastic job in taking the bull by the horns and implementing the advice of his healthcare experts. Just hope the shit surrounding your state doesn't spill over. I've got elderly relatives living in Dayton and would prefer not to see them die. Keep it up, Ohio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ohio’s freaking killing it despite me making fun of them, because Ohio. I forgot who put me in my place that Ohio’s very medically advanced.

And Florida, and Mississippi, and Georgia, and on, and on, and on ...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yes you did fuck face. That’s the truth. I reached out to you because I was in a bad marriage and drowning in my addiction.  I was on my way to rehab when you spilled everything on SSS. You’re the type of person who puts his foot on the top of the head of someone drowning instead of offering a hand to help. You’re the worst person I know.

Wait?   Wtf?  FatBastard is your brother and did that?  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ll breakdown Chicago later but you’re right.  A lot of us will be fucked by the laggards.  

Force them into quarantine later?  Serious question.  As in they can’t leave their states.  And we can’t visit.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

PAs numbers are much different on the eastern side of the state where they’re getting a lot of bleed over from NY & NJ than they are on the western side of the state. 

Im very happy that Ohio has been taking the lead in shutting shit down and that MD & PA have fallen quickly on his heels with the school closures and sip’s. 

15 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Honestly, there's Michigan, and then there is everyone else. They're checking in at 44% positive on testing and that means they've got a pretty big fucking problem. Indiana and Illinois are around the national average, and Ohio, Pennsylvania, WV and Kentucky are all solidly below the national average. 

Not knocking Ohio, as we've already discussed that they have done really well, including the leadership. Just pointing out that Michigan being lumped into any group right now makes the whole group start to look pretty ... grim.

57 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Check the link to the CDC website that I provided for that flu season. I did not type those words; they're a direct copy/paste from the CDC website.

Here, I'll paste it again with the link.

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

yep.  estimated from 47K to 94K.  maybe CNN wanted to hype up the story a little and chose 80K.  Saw 80K in a Washington Post article as well.  they both reference "per CDC" them those numbers in their articles.  looks like CDC revised them down later.

7pm worldometer recap

Umm...much lower NY death numbers? 505 yesterday down to 154. hydroxychloroquine treatments taking effect?

Not sure if the NY evening update has been applied or not, I just do this when it’s 0:00 GMT. Usually they do that in the 6PM cdt hr

NY was up 1200 cases , NJ had pretty much identical day #s wise

Louisiana the big loser up 1600

Texas and Cali continue to be the MVPs with their population size and low death numbers vs NY.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

7pm worldometer recap

Umm...much lower NY death numbers? 505 yesterday down to 154. hydroxychloroquine treatments taking effect?

Not sure if the NY evening update has been applied or not, I just do this when it’s 0:00 GMT. Usually they do that in the 6PM cdt hr

Texas and Cali continue to be the MVPs with their population size and low death numbers vs NY.

Don't count NY out, come fall they'll be in the race for the pennant. They always are. They'll spend a shit ton more than everyone else and buy some All Star talent to get them there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

7pm worldometer recap

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I don't trust those NY death #s.  

NY posted new numbers, still lower than yesterday at 319. New Jersey, Florida, and Kentucky had big relative gains on the death toll side. Total death toll looks like 961, which is what, 88 less than yesterday? That's not going to do jimmyjazz or dahobbs one damned bit of good, that's for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

7pm worldometer recap

I though NYC was 7:30 central

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

And now my 70 yo Dad is on quarantine after coming into contact with a positive COVID 19 case while performing his essential duties in county government.  

Still waiting on niece pics, then we will light a candle for Gramps. 

• Like 1

NY posted new numbers, still lower than yesterday at 319. New Jersey, Florida, and Kentucky had big relative gains on the death toll side. Total death toll looks like 961, which is what, 88 less than yesterday? That's not going to do jimmyjazz or dahobbs one damned bit of good, that's for sure.

150 fewer deaths than the Univ of Washington prediction for today in NY.

Can we talk about religion on this thread or will that threaten immamac's sensitivity?  I just have a few questions and I know that he's easily upset.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yes you did fuck face. That’s the truth. I reached out to you because I was in a bad marriage and drowning in my addiction.  I was on my way to rehab when you spilled everything on SSS. You’re the type of person who puts his foot on the top of the head of someone drowning instead of offering a hand to help. You’re the worst person I know.

Newsflash dickhead, I never had access to SSS. I know this is hard for you to comprehend because fantasy and reality are both a blur in your meth rattled head. You see, ever since I got a job and a family I haven’t posted with any of the same volume or giveafuckness since Hornfans almost 20 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Can we talk about religion on this thread or will that threaten immamac's sensitivity?  I just have a few questions and I know that he's easily upset.

IDK but IMO its kind of pointless because the preacher already took care of everything upthread.

1 minute ago, Fat Bastard said:

Newsflash dickhead, I never had access to SSS. I know this is hard for you to comprehend because fantasy and reality are both a blur in your meth rattled head. You see, ever since I got a job and a family I haven’t posted with any of the same volume or giveafuckness since Hornfans almost 20 years ago. 

I don't know about "fat" but after seeing your random attacks on other posters in the past, I would definitely say bastard is a good description for you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Still waiting on niece pics, then we will light a candle for Gramps. 

No way.  She’s of the type where it’s highly likely that one of you will recognize her and post a video link from one of your recreational sites.  And I just can’t deal with that right now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sitting here trying to enjoy my Costco stuffed bell pepper (surprisingly delicious BTW), and I read this kind of post.

Those bell peppers are real sleepers. I highly recommend (not as ‘Rona cure although). 

57 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There's a big
A big hard sun
Beating on the big people
In the big hard world

Suck it up and enjoy that frozen goodness big guy.

Oh I muddled thru, not frozen BTW, unless the filling comes to them frozen, then pumped into the pepper.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away