Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

So [mention=187]Chet Steadman[/mention]'s information is correct.  They are in fact performing antibody testing for those who have not been symptomatic for at least 8 days.  You'll need a short video consultation to confirm whether you qualify.  Cost of the test is $49.  They're supposed to contact me later to schedule the time of the test, and the provider informed me that it could be as early as later today, but possibly tomorrow as their testing schedule has increased. 

Antibodies test data will be critical in hastening the restart of the economy and ensuring safety before a vaccination is in place. If this is how it is for people (ad hoc and with a charge), then all we’ll accomplish is determine where poor people don’t live.

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

All those folk are probably doing useful work, so it seems like we should find ways to help them out. Maybe repurpose school buses to thin people out for the time being or something 

Well since ridership is down, they reduced buses to save money...  Checkmate NERD!

This time last year, route 11 had nearly 200,000 boardings, according to county reports. But thanks to the new coronavirus, Miami-Dade has cut transit services, capacity, and space because of plummeting ridership. Recent transit changes have been made with little warning to the public, leaving people wondering why they're waiting longer for their rides. Service reductions, naturally, can contribute to a greater number of people packing available trains and buses.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/coronavirus-in-miami-county-bus-photo-shows-transit-crisis-11616533

Edited by Loco
  • Like 3

Just a reminder, there currently is a severe blood supply shortage and donors for plasma and blood are urgently needed.  Donation centers are still open and have implimented measures to keep the staff and donors safe during the process. I am making an appointment to donate blood this week, and I hope others think about doing the same (maybe on the way back from a trip to the grocery store since you will be out already)

Also, if you or anyone you know has tested positive for COVID-19 and recovered, hospitals and donation centers are seeking donations of plasma to use to treat other ill patients. A lot of organizations and hopitals in Texas are now able to take COVID-19 related plasma donations, and the easiest way to find out how is to google "[city] COVID-19 plasma donate" or call your local American Red Cross.

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

All those folk are probably doing useful work, so it seems like we should find ways to help them out. Maybe repurpose school buses to thin people out for the time being or something 

This is the reality.  And a big reason the browns are getting hit harder.  They are performing necessary jobs, forced to take public transpo, and have limited access to necessary protections.  @Royalfan5 is absolutely right that repurposing idled school buses coul dreally help.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This is the reality.  And a big reason the browns are getting hit harder.  They are performing necessary jobs, forced to take public transpo, and have limited access to necessary protections.  @Royalfan5 is absolutely right that repurposing idled school buses coul dreally help.

Unpossible.  An infographic from  few days back assured me that public transportation was far safer than traveling alone in your car!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Food bank tried to get school buses for food delivery around town and to deliver the free school lunches. ISD said nope, kids have to come to the schools if they want lunch. Buses are magic I guess. 

Great concept for sure. School buses have fuel allocated and the drivers need the work. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Loco said:

We got this social distancing down boys!

miami-dade-bus-packed.jpg

6am Bus from this past Monday in Miami

Reminds me...one of the building sites downtown has a big graphic up at the site entrance reminding the workers to wear facial coverings. When I look down out the windows, none of them are wearing any. 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Bus drivers are performing a necessary service too. One died in Detroit as a result of being exposed if you are unawares.

https://abc7ny.com/bus-driver-coronavirus-detroit-jason-hargrove-us/6081504/

yes I know.  it was more about the irony of everyone else, who might be essential, being shoulder to shoulder and the bus driver being taped off.  I'm not saying it isn't warranted.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yes I know.  it was more about the irony of everyone else, who might be essential, being shoulder to shoulder and the bus driver being taped off.  I'm not saying it isn't warranted.

There is going to be some restructuring for sure. Plumber, construction workers, well you are essential. Grocery stocker, thanks for your hard work. Lawyers, writers, etc, get your ass inside and stay there. Cannot wait for the books coming that examine this. 

• Like 3

Food bank tried to get school buses for food delivery around town and to deliver the free school lunches. ISD said nope, kids have to come to the schools if they want lunch. Buses are magic I guess. 
Great concept for sure. School buses have fuel allocated and the drivers need the work. 

I’m told the kids would have just wasted the food anyway.

7 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

I’m told the kids would have just wasted the food anyway.

Maybe. But the idea was send out two week commodity boxes to families on the list, reduce distribution events, and focus on increasing capacity as requests for food are going up. Either way nothing came of it. Instead we see on the ISD twitter them bragging about handing out sandwiches to people in cars. No masks, no gloves, it be what it be. 

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Maybe. But the idea was send out two week commodity boxes to families on the list, reduce distribution events, and focus on increasing capacity as requests for food are going up. Either way nothing came of it. Instead we see on the ISD twitter them bragging about handing out sandwiches to people in cars. No masks, no gloves, it be what it be. 

Didn't AISD have one of their kitchen workers prepping meals die this week from Covid?

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

It's hard to imagine, but some of those kids don't have homes...  some if they got a box of food, would have it taken from them.  It's beyond fucked up

Just now, Loco said:

It's hard to imagine, but some of those kids don't have homes...  some if they got a box of food, would have it taken from them.  It's beyond fucked up

No, goal was create a partner ship between food bank and the ISD. So parents would be getting the food boxes, kids would be getting, and are if they can make it to the schools, their free lunch. But yeah, and that is part of the problem with the at school lunch system. Kids need a way to get there. 

Sorry I was being a smartass. That was a response to my post earlier where I advocated for the USDA to buy and distribute milk and dairy rather than letting it being dumped in manure pits because schools and restaurants are not buying it.

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

I don't buy 60,000 deaths either.

Question - in america in 2017, there were about 7700 deaths per day (on average) per the CDC.  Has anyone seen statistics as to the total deaths in america per day right now?  I have read all of you geniuses discussing COVID as a cause of death with varying degrees of certainty regarding co-morbidities and attribution to COVID.  I don't think I have seen anyone evaluate how the total death count from COVID plays into/corresponds to the expected death count without COVID.  

Are we talking 1% more people dying than normal? 10%? more?  less?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

There is going to be some restructuring for sure. Plumber, construction workers, well you are essential. Grocery stocker, thanks for your hard work. Lawyers, writers, etc, get your ass inside and stay there. Cannot wait for the books coming that examine this. 

Jesus, read a book on this? I’m living it in this thread. The only thing I’d rather read than a book on this topic is “Vaginal Old Faithful: The GreenspointTexas Story - An autobiography.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No, goal was create a partner ship between food bank and the ISD. So parents would be getting the food boxes, kids would be getting, and are if they can make it to the schools, their free lunch. But yeah, and that is part of the problem with the at school lunch system. Kids need a way to get there. 

Moral hazard!!!

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus, read a book on this? I’m living it in this thread. The only thing I’d rather read than a book on this topic is “Vaginal Old Faithful: The GreenspointTexas Story - An autobiography.”

allow me to adjust slightly

Title : Ballgame!

Subtitle: Vaginal Old Faithful: The GreenspointTexas Story - An autobiography

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Good radiologist at Baylor Scott and White.  Patient was mid 40’s.  In great shape.  Ex all-conference division I QB.  Had to be hospitalized but recovered well.  Can see it can legit fuck your lungs pretty good even if you’re young and healthy.  Please don’t share with JuniorMiller.  

62A232B1-F3BC-40B9-A1D6-95C211B8830B.jpeg

I did indeed begin to freak out. Not PHI unless it has identifying factors.

Just now, dcar00 said:

allow me to adjust slightly

Title : Ballgame!

Subtitle: Vaginal Old Faithful: The GreenspointTexas Story - An autobiography

Let’s up this up to the entire forum. maybe we need a poll. 

“Vaginal Ballgame: The Greenspoint Texas Story: A Geyser of an Autobiography.”

18 minutes ago, Dendox said:

Question - in america in 2017, there were about 7700 deaths per day (on average) per the CDC.  Has anyone seen statistics as to the total deaths in america per day right now?  I have read all of you geniuses discussing COVID as a cause of death with varying degrees of certainty regarding co-morbidities and attribution to COVID.  I don't think I have seen anyone evaluate how the total death count from COVID plays into/corresponds to the expected death count without COVID.  

Are we talking 1% more people dying than normal? 10%? more?  less?

This will need to be considered when trying to determine true death rate.  

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well how God damn long do you want the title to be. We've already covered a page worth.

Fuck...

One more try..

Vaginal Fluid and Cock Sucking Ebb and Flow:

The Cock Measuring of Doctors through the milk filled eyes of Greenspoint and CTJ a Covid 19 Affair of Passionate Engagement

you forgot Ballgame! but I'll allow it.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, the guy who owns the restaurant next door to my studio is Salvadoran. His dairy farmer, father back home, is dumping all his milk because he has no buyers right now, and you can't not milk the cows.

This is all a big conspiracy by the Almond lobby!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texfan11 said:

Just a reminder, there currently is a severe blood supply shortage and donors for plasma and blood are urgently needed.  Donation centers are still open and have implimented measures to keep the staff and donors safe during the process. I am making an appointment to donate blood this week, and I hope others think about doing the same (maybe on the way back from a trip to the grocery store since you will be out already)

Also, if you or anyone you know has tested positive for COVID-19 and recovered, hospitals and donation centers are seeking donations of plasma to use to treat other ill patients. A lot of organizations and hopitals in Texas are now able to take COVID-19 related plasma donations, and the easiest way to find out how is to google "[city] COVID-19 plasma donate" or call your local American Red Cross.

Texfan, there are not enough people that would qualify, but saw a potential solution today announced by CSL Behring.  They are partnering with SAb out of North Dakota who can produce Polyclonal Human Antibodies.  So hopefully a therapeutic like this is the solution to fill in where human donors cannot.

https://www.cslbehring.com/newsroom/2020/sab-covid-19

I’ve crunched some numbers over lunch. It appears that every person that dies of covid this year would have eventually died of something else at some point in the future. And this is irrespective of milk consumption!  So the true death rate is zero. Covid will kill zero otherwise immortal beings. 

• Like 6

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away