Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Oh the irony of your post (linking to a TV website news article).

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

stone oak: Try getting facts somewhere other than TV!

(links to a TV news site)

You both know exactly what I was referring to, and it wasn't a local TV station doing a report. Stop being pedantic.

I'm sorry that the numbers don't support your criticisms. Maybe give it 2 weeks, who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stone oak said:

Arizona isn't even in the top 15 states for total deaths. They've also had 30k less deaths and 300k less total cases than New York.

But keep fucking that chicken.

Arizona has a little more than a third the population of New York. According to Worldometer, it is #4 in cases per million residents (17,599 vs 22,067 for New York), and #15 for deaths per million (includes DC). Given that its rise in cases has occurred relatively recently and that its deaths have spiked since the beginning of the month, I'd expect it to quickly climb the rankings for deaths per million residents. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stone oak said:

You both know exactly what I was referring to, and it wasn't a local TV station doing a report. Stop being pedantic.

Wasn't it?  From the byline:

MESA, AZ (3TV/CBS 5)

Edited by DDD Dad

2 minutes ago, stone oak said:

I'm sorry that the numbers don't support your criticisms. Maybe give it 2 weeks, who knows.

Did you mean something other than what you said? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Can I get a flowchart for this clusterfuck of a thread? I need to know which factions are which and who I need to be agreeing with.

Everyone.   no reason you can't be an "end of the world/ballgame!"-er and a "muh rights/just the flu"-er

Door bell rang, I open it without thinking mask, and there's a Hispanic dude without a mask saying "Google Fiber".  I realize he's at the wrong house because the house next door just sold and was moved into.  I say, no not for me, for next door.  I get the que?  I say not for 1xxx5 but for 1xxx7.  He takes his phone and calls the office, they answer and he tries to hand me the phone, I decline and just state out loud what I just told him.  They converse and I walk him down the street to show where the curb is cut for 1xxx7.  He now understands.

I go back inside and the wife says, neither of you guys had masks on!  Did Google just kill me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stone oak said:

I didn't post any criticisms other than you being a dumb self owning twat.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah good point.  I forgot how dry Florida and Houston are, that would explain their empty ICU wings. 

It's almost as if epidemiologists knew the "heat will kill it" thing was completely wrong.  

But I've decided, as for me and my family, we are going to continue to subscribe to the Covid-19 white paper writings of Mister Chuck Woolery.  

What could go wrong?  

What is interesting is COVID migrated to the SE and SW in the summer, after spending the winter/spring in the NE and NW.

Could the key be how humans live/interact during the harsh summer months in the South and in the harsh winter months in the North? That is, we tend to be indoors more to escape harsh temperatures during those months.

Vitamin D deficiencies?

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 5

Door bell rang, I open it without thinking mask, and there's a Hispanic dude without a mask saying "Google Fiber".  I realize he's at the wrong house because the house next door just sold and was moved into.  I say, no not for me, for next door.  I get the que?  I say not for 1xxx5 but for 1xxx7.  He takes his phone and calls the office, they answer and he tries to hand me the phone, I decline and just state out loud what I just told him.  They converse and I walk him down the street to show where the curb is cut for 1xxx7.  He now understands.
I go back inside and the wife says, neither of you guys had masks on!  Did Google just kill me?

Google has been killing us all one megabyte at a time for years now.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Your posts don't deserve a product discussion.

Go ahead and run along back to your safe space in the CR echo chamber where you and your ilk can circle jerk to whatever highly intellectual discussion is taking place.

Edited by stone oak
  • Fuck You 2

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/great-white-apologizes-mask-show-north-dakota-71742917

Metal band Great White has apologized for performing at an outdoor North Dakota concert where the crowd didn't wear masks despite the ongoing threat of the coronavirus. 

The band drew criticism on social media after the performance Thursday night as part of the “First on First: Dickinson Summer Nights” concert series in Dickinson, in the southwest of the state. Spin magazine posted video showing the crowd packed in and not wearing face masks. 

“We have had the luxury of hindsight and we would like to apologize to those who disagreed with our decision to fulfill our contractual agreement. The Promoter and staff were nothing but professional and assured us of the safety precautions,” Great White said in a statement Saturday.

Although North Dakota health officials recommend social distancing and wearing masks when possible, there is no legal requirement to do so in the state and Great White said the band nevertheless was “not in a position to enforce the laws.”

Great White hates their fans and wants to kill them.  

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yet another idiotic belief about Covid-19 goes down the drain-O.   

It was 112 degrees in Phoenix yesterday.  It will not get under 110 degrees, for a high, for at least the next ten days in Phoenix.  Even their lows will not get under 85 degrees.  It will never not be at least 85 degrees in Phoenix for the next ten days.  If you believed them when they told you the heat will kill this, you're out of your fucking mind.  

Oh wait, because it's a dry heat in Phoenix, right?  Florida says "Hi."  

Does it matter what the temperature is when everyone is inside?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Does it matter what the temperature is when everyone is inside?

Yeah, almost as if residents of Florida should have know that ahead of time ;) 

https://oklahoman.com/article/5666852/oklahoma-gov-kevin-stitt-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Gov. Kevin Stitt tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, and is the first governor to have caught the highly contagious virus.

Despite the diagnosis, Stitt said Wednesday he is reluctant to take any new action to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in Oklahoma.

Stitt's announcement comes as Oklahoma is seeing a surge of COVID-19 cases,and Stitt's administration has been criticized for not doing more to respond to the state's growing number of positive cases and hospitalizations.

After making public his diagnosis, Stitt said he still opposes implementing a statewide mask mandate, saying he can't fathom how such the policy would be enforced.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it sounds like you live in a small-ish community where most people aren't wearing masks and most businesses aren't adhering to social distancing, etc. but that you haven't seen a large outbreak yet. is that accurate?

Actually no (but i wish I did). I'm knee deep in this crap and have been from the onset (essential job and all), If you did my job you would be probably be pissin in your pants daily. ( we all were until it became routine). Wife is knee deep also (essential job and all). And as far as my little world goes- we are smart, we protect ourselves and we stay away from idiots the best we can. We get enough exposure at work. I have been swabbed numerous times (all negative) and have another scheduled for tomorrow, also have been antibodies tested (which was negative....and that was disappointing. So we are doing something right (in my little world) so far. My only regret is I can't go see my 88 year old dad that promises me that he is being safe and wearing his mask....his only advantage is he doesn't have a lot of idiots that he has to worry about. (now he lives in a small town, pop 254)  and as soon as I retire in a few years I will be there with him........loving that small-ish town. You are right about 1 thing, they haven't had a large outbreak- 2 folks in the whole county so far and 1 of them is recovered.

30 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No shit...

Someone may be able to correct me, but this isn’t as bad as it might look. CDC was never the one issuing the daily data reports. That kind of information like daily new cases, daily hospitalization numbers, daily deaths, etc. will still be reported daily by the county and the state on the health department websites.

if you actually read (ok sue me I skimmed it) the 13 page document regarding the new reporting requirements this is more about more specific hospital info most of which I haven’t ever seen released to the public anyway. That may be a problem, but this doesn’t seem to be an attempt to distort the data and claim smaller numbers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

Fucking Oklahoma. I just came back from there. The rumors are true: it sucks. Oklahomans are like what’s a face mask? What’s social distancing?

We are really going to have to learn the hard lessons of this pandemic shit hole town by shit hole town, street by street, and shanty by shanty.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RPM said:

Yes a lot of places require them now, hell it's a state wide mandate here inTexas.  So what, people walk in any and everywhere unmasked and no one does jack shit about it.  I imagine it will be the same with Walmart and SC.

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes a lot of places require them now, hell it's a state wide mandate here inTexas.  So what, people walk in any and everywhere unmasked and no one does jack shit about it.  I imagine it will be the same with Walmart and SC.

I'm afraid we're going to see the great Whiskey Tango uprising. When they tell the poor minimum wage guy at the door to "KMA I'm a Merican!" and blast through, what is the response? Refuse to check them out? Try to remove them?

ETSCNzHUEAIs9_7.jpg

• Like 1

However, I must admit that during my 11 hours of driving to Oklahoma City (which sucks) and back, I encountered quite a few speed traps. Because writing speeding tickets is what really matters most during this pandemic. Not one goddamn cop going into a business or public place to verify that social distancing mandates are being observed. Apparently they are all needed on the roads, shooting cars with their goddamn radar guns.

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Fucking Oklahoma. I just came back from there. The rumors are true: it sucks. Oklahomans are like what’s a face mask? What’s social distancing?

2 hours ago, B00M said:

We are really going to have to learn the hard lessons of this pandemic shit hole town by shit hole town, street by street, and shanty by shanty.

If only Oklahoma people could be as skilled at fighting COVID as NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, PA, DE...and the other 38 states across the nation with a higher death toll per million. 

Damn deplorables!

Annotation 2020-07-15 1557301.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-15 155824.jpg

Edited by stone oak
  • Fuck You 13

4 minutes ago, stone oak said:

If only Oklahoma people could be as skilled at fighting COVID as NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, PA, DE...and the other 38 states across the nation with a higher death toll per million. 

Damn deplorables!

Annotation 2020-07-15 1557301.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-15 155824.jpg

Guy who tells other posters to go to CR constantly posts political takes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, yoladu said:

What is interesting is COVID migrated to the SE and SW in the summer, after spending the winter/spring in the NE and NW.

Could the key be how humans live/interact during the harsh summer months in the South and in the harsh winter months in the North? That is, we tend to be indoors more to escape harsh temperatures during those months.

Vitamin D deficiencies?

The speculation is people were still grouping indoors due to cold when it hit and now those in the South are doing the same to get out of the heat. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away