Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

One of the last presidential candidates got pneumonia 2 months out and half of this board was fisting itself with glee  

Funny how you forget. Be better. Wear a mask and social distance. 

According to them it was nothing .  When you try to conceal  shit people get pissed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bigger issue is the required quarantine for anyone exposed.

Bigger issue is that he was taking hydroxychloroquine that was supposed to prevent it.   He was out there boasting about it and recommending it to everybody.  

Hydroxychloroquine was supposed to be some major preventative thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ohhhh boy. He comes out of this unscathed and fine, the whole lot of people are taking one giant leap back to normalcy

This is exactly what is going to happen.  Even though it is a relatively high risk, deadly disease....it's still a 90%+ odds of survival, even at his age and comorbidities.

Odds are he survives it, downplays it ("it's no big deal'), and a huge swath of the country takes that as a complete and total green light.  November-December could end up being really, really bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This is exactly what is going to happen.  Even though it is a relatively high risk, deadly disease....it's still a 90%+ odds of survival, even at his age and comorbidities.

Odds are he survives it, downplays it ("it's no big deal'), and a huge swath of the country takes that as a complete and total green light.  November-December could end up being really, really bad.

I look forward to the Conspiracy Theories about how China/Biden/Hillary/Mike Pence put Covid on his Mic at the debate.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I can’t see the virus surviving in his body.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, this really is inevitable, hopefully excluding the really, really bad winter. This is pretty ideal timing for him when it comes down to it.

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Especially considering he's almost certainly already on a Redemsivir regime.   Everything I read is that it is thought to work best if started early.   99.9% of the population wouldn't have access (if ever) until admitted to the ICU.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think the people who would react this way are already operating at all greens. 

I had a trip to Star Motorcars yesterday that was virtually distinguishable from the one in January only by the weather outside. 20+ people, customers and staff.  3 masks.  Then went to the bank to see all four staffers happily using masks to warm their necks.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I disagree. Country is already clearly divided between those who take it seriously and act accordingly in public, and those who don't. The former already know that it doesn't kill everyone. There's been numerous high profile persons who have caught it and been fine. Just because the president turns out to be fine, isn't going to alter the behavior of that group. The latter group was already doing absolutely nothing, so that can't get any worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I disagree. Country is already clearly divided between those who take it seriously and act accordingly in public, and those who don't. The former already know that it doesn't kill everyone. There's been numerous high profile persons who have caught it and been fine. Just because the president turns out to be fine, isn't going to alter the behavior of that group. The latter group was already doing absolutely nothing, so that can't get any worse. 

A good chunk of the latter group is doing something, even if half-assed.  Sometimes wear masks, maybe don't have as many big get-togethers, etc.  Now.....they'll go full-on "fuck it, we're 100% back to normal."  Big gatherings, no masks, etc.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bigger issue is that he was taking hydroxychloroquine that was supposed to prevent it.   He was out there boasting about it and recommending it to everybody.  

Hydroxychloroquine was supposed to be some major preventative thing.

If you listen to the people who think HCQ works, it lessens the severity of the infection.  It doesn’t keep you from getting it.  If he has a mild case and gets better quickly, he will probably tout its effectiveness.

2 minutes ago, Druggist said:

If you listen to the people who think HCQ works, it lessens the severity of the infection.  It doesn’t keep you from getting it.  If he has a mild case and gets better quickly, he will probably tout its effectiveness.

He's the one who was touting it as an effective preventative.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Druggist said:

I really hope his treatment plan is released.   I would bet heavily it's Redemsivr over HCQ (although doctors can weigh in whether those could both be taken).  Of course I guess it could be bleach and/or ultraviolet ray injections!

But for the Doctors on this site, what are your treatment predictions considering he will have access to anything and everything?

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I really hope his treatment plan is released.   I would bet heavily it's Redemsivr over HCQ (although doctors can weigh in whether those could both be taken).  Of course I guess it could be bleach and/or ultraviolet ray injections!

But for the Doctors on this site, what are your treatment predictions considering he will have access to anything and everything?

Good question...I know they've got to toe a fine line between "conventional" treatment and a sort of lab rat mentality because yeah---they can literally get anything they want. I'd be curious what the sort of "golden ring" battery of treatments would consist of.  And then, I hope they are transparent with what they used when he recovers.  I hope they don't hide it behind some executive privilege or HIPAA bullshit.  I mean, we're realistic.....we know he has access to the best health care in the world unlike the rest of us...but some little nugget of information could prove helpful to tens of thousands of other health care providers.  I hope everything, from what he eats to how much time he spends moving around, to the drugs, everything is journaled in detail and then revealed as a manual for best practices to the nation on Columbus Day.  I selfishly ask this because just like Trump, my mother is an obese 74 year old who I worry about getting the virus and having a helluva hard time with it.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Good question...I know they've got to toe a fine line between "conventional" treatment and a sort of lab rat mentality because yeah---they can literally get anything they want. I'd be curious what the sort of "golden ring" battery of treatments would consist of.  And then, I hope they are transparent with what they used when he recovers.  I hope they don't hide it behind some executive privilege or HIPAA bullshit.  I mean, we're realistic.....we know he has access to the best health care in the world unlike the rest of us...but some little nugget of information could prove helpful to tens of thousands of other health care providers.  I hope everything, from what he eats to how much time he spends moving around, to the drugs, everything is journaled in detail and then revealed as a manual for best practices to the nation on Columbus Day.  I selfishly ask this because just like Trump, my mother is an obese 74 year old who I worry about getting the virus and having a helluva hard time with it.  

I can already give you the reported rundown mcdonalds fries/steaks with ketchup, never left his comfy chair, HCQ/zinc/vit D/bleach.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It will be interesting because, for example, if he is already taking Redemsivr, and gets better, you know there will be some within the administration that fight letting that come out.  Obviously 99.9% of the population wouldn't have access to that drug unless they are extremely sick from a supply and demand perspective.   I don't think any intelligent person would actually have a problem with the POTUS having early access to expensive and limited drugs but it wouldn't play well considering they have been playing down the "Chinese Hoax" for the last 6+ months.

In the previous 72-hours to his testing positive,

• Tuesday: Debate prep and then the debate.
  • Wednesday: Hope Hicks tested negative in the morning, had some symptoms later on, tested positive in the evening (but apparently no results until Thursday).
  • Wednesday: POTUS flew out to a fundraiser in Minnesota, then to a rally in Duluth
  • Thursday: POTUS was not seen in photos/videos with masks, and "unnamed officials" said he didn't wear a mask at all.  He was seen on Marine One with his staff/campaign folks, including Hicks.
  • Thursday: POTUS attended a fundraising event and photo op at his golf club in New Jersey.   
  • Thursday Evening: Hicks was announced as being positive.
  • Announced POTUS positive test this morning/after midnight.

That's going to suck for anybody doing contact tracing.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Agreed.  Hope he gets access to every drug he needs.  And we all know how politicized this Virus has become.  That's just our shitty politics and we'll save it for the CR.

But one thing I think the reasonably intelligent people on this whole board can agree upon is that we cannot allow the drugs/treatments to become politicized.  They can't hide what he took or didn't take, what worked, what didn't work.  Because tens of millions of people will base their behavior and/or subsequent treatment (if needed) on what is kept quiet, what is revealed, and what is manipulated.  This needs to be the most by-the-book and transparent medical treatment in this history of medicine.  For the nation's sake, and for his as well.  We start fucking around and making this drug political and that drug political...all that's gonna do is muck up the vaccine delivery process.  

tl; dr---this would be a really, really great fortnight to start trusting science.  If you're ever gonna, this is the time to do it.  

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Truth thankful the average American can quarantine for 2 weeks, with a bevy of staff to cater to their every need, and have access to the best healthcare and doctors known to mankind who make house calls and don’t have to worry about their healthcare being ripped from them during a pandemic. 

oh wait no, that’s just POTUS

dude

There are 3 branches of the US govt, ALL THREE have the same coverage you just attributed to he who shouldnt be named.

by my quick math I believe thats 596 people  (-1 who just passed)

it sure as fuck isnt just one team or the other.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude

There are 3 branches of the US govt, ALL THREE have the same coverage you just attributed to he who shouldnt be named.

it sure as fuck isnt just one team or the other.

Obviously anything I respond will be deemed “POLITICS” so just gonna let this go. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But one thing I think the reasonably intelligent people on this whole board can agree upon is that we cannot allow the drugs/treatments to become politicized.  They can't hide what he took or didn't take, what worked, what didn't work.  Because tens of millions of people will base their behavior and/or subsequent treatment (if needed) on what is kept quiet, what is revealed, and what is manipulated.  This needs to be the most by-the-book and transparent medical treatment in this history of medicine. 

Agreed.   A lot of people think they will get first class treatment if they get this and end up in the hospital.

Or perhaps a better way of saying it, is that if he comes out of this just fine being treated with whatever they treat him with, that your typical American will think they will come out of this just fine, not realizing that their local hospital is not going to have access to everything he does, and that a lot of how well or poorly they do depends on their health beforehand.

That said, because of national security reasons, I doubt we will hear much if things go south for him until he's recovered.  It would not be wise to put that stuff on blast.

Oh yeah, I'm totally fine with them keeping a lid on it all until Columbus Day.  I think most people understand the rationing of medicines and certain treatments right now.  And everybody should know "Yeah, with my insurance and local county hospital...i ain't gonna get the gold package like Trump did."  I think we're all okay with all that, we understand how our hospital systems work/don't work.  

What I don't want to have happen though is for some drug to have a run on it, or some other one to be dismissed as useless because of this one patient.   But yeah, he's in that Covid sweet-spot, old and obese.  So I would think his treatment will be fairly standard, but then again-his medical team will have access to shit even Boris Johnson didn't.  I just hope some new medical insight can come from this for other people in his category (like many of our parents I suspect). 

I do keep reading lots of promising stuff about Vitamin D.  And by the looks of him, he looks like he's getting plenty of that.    

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

But yeah, he's in that Covid sweet-spot, old and obese.  So I would think his treatment will be fairly standard, but then again-his medical team will have access to shit even Boris Johnson didn't.

He was caught really early in the process.  That will have a huge impact on his treatment/outcome.

One article said Hope Hicks was tested as part of the routine testing on Wednesday morning, and then felt bad later and tested positive that night.  Was he a part of that routine testing on Wednesday morning?  If so, he tested negative then, then positive 36 hours later, so it was caught really fast.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away